Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

General
Prev 1 18 19 20 267 Next
18/05/2018 23:12Posted by Tìtus

Remember when they left the Alliance because they threw a hissy fit because the orcs touched their woods? They blamed the humans for not being good enough at holding them back.
Yeah, those poor elves, they have always been so nice, they can't do wrong.

You have just proven Anesterian right. With that comment your ignorance skill has increased by 1. Keep on posting for the sake of it. In the situation I have described they have done no wrong. As another high/half-high elf fan ALSO agreed with me based on FACTS! Now that's a first on this thread. KUDOS to logic!

But keep asking for high elves for the Alliance. It would be a pleasure to play alongside your kind :)
18/05/2018 23:27Posted by Alyssa

Are you really angry every time you discuss something on the forums?

You realize it has nothing to do with my emotions I posted the "!@#$ing" just to make you see between truth and language and how the second does not invalidate the first, no matter in what form it is written.

You'll see me when I'm angry no issues. Some lesser fans will make sure of that with their nonsense when they will shout mighty and proud that their headcanons and fanfictions are lore and blizzard approved sources. :)
18/05/2018 23:31Posted by Dudas
You realize it has nothing to do with my emotions I posted the "!@#$ing" just to make you see between truth and language and how the second does not invalidate the first, no matter in what form it is written.

You'll see me when I'm angry no issues. Some lesser fans will make sure to that with their nonsense when they will shout mighty and proud that their headcanons and fanfictions are lore and blizzard approved sources. :)

Then I misinterpreted you, I apologize.

Anyway, time for me to headbutt the pillow.
18/05/2018 23:28Posted by Dudas
18/05/2018 23:12Posted by Tìtus

Remember when they left the Alliance because they threw a hissy fit because the orcs touched their woods? They blamed the humans for not being good enough at holding them back.
Yeah, those poor elves, they have always been so nice, they can't do wrong.

You have just proven Anesterian right. With that comment your ignorance skill has increased by 1. Keep on posting for the sake of it. In the situation I have described they have done no wrong. As another high/half-high elf fan ALSO agreed with me based on FACTS! Now that's a first on this thread. KUDOS to logic!

But keep asking for high elves for the Alliance. It would be a pleasure to play alongside your kind :)

Are you guys just constantly roleplaying or something? I don't get it. This whole faction bias thing is very off putting. I don't get it.
Now, I didn't fully get your post, but just to clearify, my post was a joke in connection to you saying that the blood elves had been loyal for so long.
No. The Silver Covenant is full on Alliance. They're in the Kirin Tor aswell, but they're mainly Alliance.

They can not be full on Alliance and still a part of the Kirin'tor.

The Kirin'tor is a neutral faction.

So no, the Silver Covenant IS NOT full on Alliance.

Just like the Sunreavers were not full on Horde, until a certain someone forced them into that situation because of the acts of a single individual.

And theres also the high elves in Outland.

With the guy who were left in charge of the Outland High Elves with Alleria's disappearance being at the Sunwell along with many High Elven pilgrims during the era of Wrath of the Lich King.

No, I don't think there are High Elves in Outland anymore.

Some of them might even have decided to stay with their people.
19/05/2018 01:53Posted by Meleron
They can not be full on Alliance and still a part of the Kirin'tor.

The Kirin'tor is a neutral faction.

So no, the Silver Covenant IS NOT full on Alliance.

I don't think thats correct in any way. Being a part of the Kirin Tor does not make you neutral. The Kirin Tor themselves are neutral, but not everyone under them are. Thats why Dalaran is split in half. The Silver Covenant run the Alliance side of Dalaran under the Kirin Tor. Even back in Wrath they were a part of the Alliance Vanguard. They have never been neutral.

Just like the Sunreavers were not full on Horde, until a certain someone forced them into that situation because of the acts of a single individual.

They were always Horde, they ran the Horde part of Dalaran, but they were still under the Kirin Tor, but never allied with the Alliance.

That doesn't mean they were at war with eachother.

With the guy who were left in charge of the Outland High Elves with Alleria's disappearance being at the Sunwell along with many High Elven pilgrims during the era of Wrath of the Lich King.

Something most high elves supposedly do, that does not mean in any way that he, or any of them, joined the blood elves or the Horde.

No, I don't think there are High Elves in Outland anymore.

Some of them might even have decided to stay with their people.

I really doubt that since Rommath literally accused him for being the reason as to why Quel'delar denied Lor'themar when he tried to pick it up. Rommath literally orders the guards on Auric. Auric then pretty much calls Lor'themar an idiot when Rommath threatens Auric again, so no, I doubt he wants anything to do with the Horde, in fact he is probably (rigthfully) quite hostile towards them after that.

I'm pretty sure Auric went back to Outland and told his town about it, likely making them just as hostile towards the Horde.
18/05/2018 23:49Posted by Tìtus

Are you guys just constantly roleplaying or something? I don't get it. This whole faction bias thing is very off putting. I don't get it.

[/quote]

Then you should be totally fine with blue eyes option for Be lmfao:D
Allerian High elves are still Alliance, this can be intended thanks to Auric’s Angels, one of the Alliance team in Island Expeditions. One of them is even a High Elf, Frostfencer Seraphi.
Anyway the Kirin Tor are neutral in the sense that they are not hostile to the Horde and they allowed the Horde again in Dalaran to defeat the Legion but officially Dalaran is still part of the Alliance. It has never left the Alliance. In vanilla if fought the Horde in several places like Ambermill or Nethergarde Keep. Saying that Dalaran is neutral implying that she doesn’t belong to the Alliance lorewise is nosense
19/05/2018 11:13Posted by Balahir
Allerian High elves are still Alliance, this can be intended thanks to Auric’s Angels, one of the Alliance team in Island Expeditions. One of them is even a High Elf, Frostfencer Seraphi.

Indeed, I've checked on him every build and he's recieved nothing but improvements, part of me hopes one day the devs are gonna come out and say we were just playing here you go guys High Elves for you <3 They'd earn my eternal gratitude and lotsa £££ from me alone as I'd change this characters race instantaniosly.
18/05/2018 22:57Posted by Dudas
They weren't Horde or anything at that point. Rommath relates those events as their ally. They didn't do anything against Kirin Tor. And that is how their loyalty has been rewarded in times of need. It has nothing to do with biased Horde lmao. He even explains that those events made HIM go towards the Horde in the end, based on how the Alliance and Kirin Tor treated them after years of loyalty.

Right you are. I forgot that part.

No, he is not. Rommath said that after he joined the Horde, from a Horde loyalist standpoint, in a conversation with Aethas who was a part of Kirin Tor at the time, while hinting that he thought that his position is superior to that of Aethas, when in reality Aethas was part of the ruling counsil of Dalaran, while Rommath was second in power to Lor'Themar in Silvermoon.

Rommath may feel betrayed, he may think he was betrayed. But that doesn't mean that he was betrayed. We know nothing of intentions and actions of Kirin Tor at that time from an independent or internal source.
19/05/2018 13:25Posted by Итилион

No, he is not. Rommath said that after he joined the Horde, from a Horde loyalist standpoint, in a conversation with Aethas who was a part of Kirin Tor at the time, while hinting that he thought that his position is superior to that of Aethas, when in reality Aethas was part of the ruling counsil of Dalaran, while Rommath was second in power to Lor'Themar in Silvermoon.

Rommath may feel betrayed, he may think he was betrayed. But that doesn't mean that he was betrayed. We know nothing of intentions and actions of Kirin Tor at that time from an independent or internal source.

Please you are just making a fool of yourself.

He describes the events as they were. Garithos came and imprisoned Kael'thas and his elves in Dalaran!!!! Kirion Tor's prisons for !@#$ sake! Yes they same Kirin tor that didn't do %^-*. That would've watched how their necks would hang from a rope without the slightest bit of regret.

It has nothing to do with Horde . Those events and the non existent attitude from Kirin Tor after hundred of years of loyalty made them leave in the first place. They literally did nothing to stop Garithos or convince him otherwise. That's what pissed Rommath off. Not like they were thugs or your average outlaw... Those were people that have served Dalaran alongside humans. Rommath was an archmage of the Kirin Tor in the first place.

I liked that exact moment in the 'In the shadow of the sun' novel, because thing is, as the two stood discussed and Rommath mentioned how the Kirin'tor betrayed the elves and even Kael'thas, one who was in the council, Aethas was not surprised, he did not retort, it was more like ashamed.

Kinda proving Rommath right there.
19/05/2018 10:51Posted by Happytree
18/05/2018 23:49Posted by Tìtus

Then you should be totally fine with blue eyes option for Be lmfao:D

Faction bias is not the same as preferring one faction. And I wouldn't be okay with it at all since it's bad lore. Theres lietrally no reason for blood elves to get blue eyes, the sunwell makes them yellow because the sunwell is yellow. Theres nothing holy about it, the Sunwell is arcane too but it makes peoples eyes yellow.

19/05/2018 13:32Posted by Dudas

Please you are just making a fool of yourself.

He describes the events as they were. Garithos came and imprisoned Kael'thas and his elves in Dalaran!!!! Kirion Tor's prisons for !@#$ sake! Yes they same Kirin tor that didn't do %^-*. That would've watched how their necks would hang from a rope without the slightest bit of regret.

It has nothing to do with Horde . Those events and the non existent attitude from Kirin Tor after hundred of years of loyalty made them leave in the first place. They literally did nothing to stop Garithos or convince him otherwise. That's what pissed Rommath off. Not like they were thugs or your average outlaw... Those were people that have served Dalaran alongside humans. Rommath was an archmage of the Kirin Tor in the first place.

Because if they had done something, the blood elf story couldn't have happend. Thats the major reason as to why they didn't do anything.
Besides, why do you think they could have done something? The world was in ruins, SIlvermoon was trashed, Dalaran was destroyed, and the last humans alive in Lordaeron were slowly but surely hunted down by Arthas, Kel'thuzad, and Sylvanas.
What could the Kirin Tor realistically have done to Garithos?

And what if they were going to punish Garithos after the epidemic was over? That makes alot more sence, but that couldn't happend becaue Varimathras killed Garithos, and Garithos's men were taken by Sylvanas and turned into Forsaken.

And don't forget that Garithos didn't just randomly inprison the blood elves. Garithos caught them working with the Naga and Lady Vash. He had reason to inprison them.
19/05/2018 13:33Posted by Meleron

I liked that exact moment in the 'In the shadow of the sun' novel, because thing is, as the two stood discussed and Rommath mentioned how the Kirin'tor betrayed the elves and even Kael'thas, one who was in the council, Aethas was not surprised, he did not retort, it was more like ashamed.

Kinda proving Rommath right there.

Not really since the elves let themselves get caught red handed doing something they knew Garithos had legal right to punish them for. If Kael'thas had never schemed with naga he would never have been inprisoned.
19/05/2018 13:32Posted by Dudas

In fairness, Kirin Tor Neutrality has always been a very 'vague' thing anyway, claiming neutrality as a pretext when it suits them, or there is a 'world ending' threat, yet remaining perfectly happy to war on the Horde. Jaina raging about the Sunreavers 'breaking Kirin Tor' neutrality is a perfect example. She just did it. She had -just- called a vote for the Kirin Tor to side with the Alliance. The instant a couple of Sunreavers (and in lore, Aethas had only found out about the Divine Bell theft -after- the event) do the same thing she does, she flips.

Dalaran has Peacekeepers. A supposedly neutral force of the Kirin Tor who are the law and order of Dalaran.

Where are they when the mass murder in Dalaran starts? When civilians are being tortured and murdered? Jaina was head of the Council of Six of the Kirin Tor, she was not the Queen of Dalaran, Judge, Jury and Executioner. For a Second Time, the Kirin Tor stood meek and silent as crimes were committed under their nose, even worse ones this time, than the first time. It isn't just Sunreavers we see running in fear and hiding during the Purge, Even members of Alliance races are depicted as scared and worried about the Silver Covenants Rampage.

Jaina could have used the Kirin Tor's own Peacekeepers if she truly wanted arrests and detentions. She didn't. She set loose a Paramilitary organisation with no legal right of arrest, led by a woman who hated the Horde.

The Kirin Tor -should- be neutral, but in just about every example we have seen in game they favour the Alliance, either actively, or through cowardly inaction. If they were truly neutral they would be hunting Jaina down right now, to put her in the Violet Hold. She committed two murders in person. The Kirin Tor did -nothing-. She was still even on the Council after having done so.

So, no. The Kirin Tor are Alliance in all but name, but lack the stones to formally commit to it.
19/05/2018 14:05Posted by Brigante
The Kirin Tor -should- be neutral, but in just about every example we have seen in game they favour the Alliance, either actively, or through cowardly inaction. If they were truly neutral they would be hunting Jaina down right now, to put her in the Violet Hold. She committed two murders in person. The Kirin Tor did -nothing-. She was still even on the Council after having done so.

They have always been Alliance though, the only reason they have to act all neutral in the first place is because the blood elves joined the Horde. If the blood elves had remained high elves in the Alliance then you can be sure that Dalaran would never call itself neutral.

19/05/2018 14:05Posted by Brigante
So, no. The Kirin Tor are Alliance in all but name, but lack the stones to formally commit to it.

I believe so aswell, and I don't think theres anything inherently wrong with that from a story standpoint, it can be quite interesting as it already has.
It would help even out the fact that the Horde has mroe cities than the Alliance from a gameplay perspective.
Though I also think they're more neutral now than ever under Khadgar.
Faction bias is not the same as preferring one factions. And I wouldn't be okay with it ata all since it's bad lore. Theres lietrally no reason for blood elves to get blue eyes,

Except that there -are- Blood Elves with blue eyes already in game....

There are plenty of reasons, but lets go with the one that springs to mind; Lanesh the Steelweaver. He's a Sunreaver, He lived in Dalaran until the Silver Cov went all crazy. He was never exposed to Fel radiation from the Fel Crystals, so his eyes would not have shifted green. We know it is physical proximity to Fel that does this, not actually consciously siphoning it, not just because Blizzard have actually said so, but we know this because High Elves who lived in Quel'lithien Lodge, just next door to Ghostlands, like, as close as you can get, did not have green eyes. We know there is a range to the 'Presence of Fel turns your eyes green' thing. Given where they are, all the High Elves of the Allerian expedition should have Fel Green eyes also, as (Prior to her Void nonsense) should Alleria herself, unless she is telling fibs about fighting 'A Thousand years of War'.

Green Eyes is not a result of becoming Horde. It is simple proximity to Fel Energies Even if you are fighting those energies and foes!.

the sunwell makes them yellow because the sunwell is yellow. Theres nothing holy about it, the Sunwell is arcane too but it makes peoples eyes yellow.

By Extension the High Elves should have golden eyes also? I mean the Sunwell was actually Yellow -before- it was defiled, and everyone had Blue eyes then. Don't confuse the representation with the power within it. By logic, the Sunwell is now Arcane and Light, So Blue and Yellow. So every Elf on Azeroth should have green eyes, as the Sunwell reaches across the world, I mean that's what you get when you mix blue and yellow. ( Note: I am in no way opposed to the idea of future High Elves getting Golden eyes, it makes lore sense to a degree, I mean it makes more sense for them all, High and Blood to have green eyes, but fair enough)

19/05/2018 14:02Posted by Tìtus
Because if they had done something, the blood elf story couldn't have happend.

Is to be honest. -The- Reason. Without this, and subsequent Alliance attacks, the High Elves would not have turned away from the Alliance. We can argue about it for days, but that is the reason. The Alliance dropped the ball, the Elves got in a huff about the Alliance dropping the ball, the Alliance refused to apologise and then sent people to sabotage the Elves. The Elves went "Screw you, we're joining the guys who aren't currently treating us like dirt and trying to actually sabotage our way of surviving thank you very much!"

What could the Kirin Tor realistically have done to Garithos?

Said "No?" They could have done something. They chose not to. If the argument is that Garithos had the troops to force his will then basically we're saying that the Kirin Tor are easily threatened....When its Alliance.

And don't forget that Garithos didn't just randomly inprison the blood elves. Garithos caught them working with the Naga and Lady Vash. He had reason to inprison them.

Don't try to paint Garithos as some 'misunderstood' guy here. We know what he did, we know why he did it. He did not do it because of that, he did it because he was a racist douchecanoe. Which came first, ordering the Blood Elves on suicide missions, or them being forced to make alliances with Naga? Remember the chronology of events here. The Blood Elves have -zero- obligation here, they're not even part of the Alliance at this time.

19/05/2018 14:04Posted by Tìtus
Not really since the elves let themselves get caught red handed doing something they knew Garithos had legal right to punish them for.

Last I knew, Garithos was the Lord Marshall of the Alliance of Lordaeron. Quel'thalas had already withdrawn from that, so no, Garithos had no legal right to punish them.

(I'm going off memory here, and those games were a long time ago, I -think- I'm right though, that Quel'thalas had pulled out before then)

19/05/2018 14:04Posted by Tìtus
If Kael'thas had never schemed with naga he would never have been inprisoned.

As ill advised as some of Kael'thas decisions were, if Garithos had been a more competent commander, and one led less by his personal vendetta's and hatreds, then perhaps Kael'thas would have not needed to.
Dalaran is a city that merely tolerates the Horde. The Alliance is welcomed while the Horde are viewed with suspicion. Note how almost all the citizens of Dalaran are Alliance races outside of the Horde sector.
They aren't a part of the Alliance but they are close to the Alliance similar to how Ratchet is politically close to the Horde. Currently the leadership favours open relations with the Horde but we'll have to see if they react to the war in BFA.

Personally I'd like to see Khadgar killed off by the plague so that we can have Dalaran join the Alliance officially with Jaina rejoining the council. Dalaran Humans and Dalaran High Elves can then become allied races with a shared Dalaran heritage armour. Alternatively we could have Garona assassinate Khadgar again but succeed this time. Or he could even sacrifice himself to prevent a Blood Elf uprising in Dalaran where they planted mana bombs all around the city and threatened the leadership to hand the city over to the Horde.
There are so many ways we could kill Khadgar off. Blizz just needs to choose one.
So Horde having to do something that makes no sense in order to propel Alliance story along?

That..doesn't sound familiar at all..