Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

General
Prev 1 202 203 204 267 Next

Then the horde would need nathanos humans as you will be getting the hordes most popular race its only fair the horde gets the alliance most popular race.

Alteraci Human... Defias Brotherhood or Sindicate.

I would also want to get Man'ari Eredar~

horde can have them as long as we get helves!
17/10/2018 21:28Posted by Moontear

horde can have them as long as we get helves!

Horde will get what Blizz decides, as will the Alliance. This isn't a democracy, in all likelyhood the Allied Races have all been decided way ahead of their actual release.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Then the horde would need nathanos humans as you will be getting the hordes most popular race its only fair the horde gets the alliance most popular race.

All yours. We Alliance have no sharing issues.
15/10/2018 22:10Posted by Leolamin
We have created a Straw poll, on what you think the High Elves allied race hub should be. https://www.strawpoll.me/16653267 Would be awesome if you could vote for the one you'd love! :D
I'd probably prefer Dalaran as their race hub, at least if they are based on the Silver Covenant. But all the options are actually reasonable, so I'd be fine with any of them.

Did someone link this poll on the US forums?
17/10/2018 21:42Posted by Итилион
15/10/2018 22:10Posted by Leolamin
We have created a Straw poll, on what you think the High Elves allied race hub should be. https://www.strawpoll.me/16653267 Would be awesome if you could vote for the one you'd love! :D
I'd probably prefer Dalaran as their race hub, at least if they are based on the Silver Covenant. But all the options are actually reasonable, so I'd be fine with any of them.

Did someone link this poll on the US forums?

I'll love it and Alleria and veressa they could get us teleported to Stormwind City to help The Alliance with some magic clean up as a start. Simmilar to how the demon hunters were introduced since there were demonic stuff in the city now there'll be magicial stuff in the streets.
I've just noticed that a couple of new voiceovers was datamined for Blood Elven and Night Elven Dark Rangers. It seems that both of them will be a thing after all. Which leads to an interesting thought. What if Blizz actually intends to introduce a pair of races that could choose their model similar to how Orcs can choose their pose? Those races would be Darkfallen for the Horde and Highborne for the Alliance.

So, Darkfallen could choose to be either a generic San'layn/Dark Ranger (Blood Elf with gray skin and red eyes) or a San'layn Prince/Undead Night Elf (Night elf with gray skin and red eyes).

And Highborne could choose to be either a Highborne (Night Elf with fair and light gray skin options, blue eyes, silver or light blonde hair, similar to the old High Elf model from classic) or a High Elf (the current model).

Would you consider it a good compromise?
17/10/2018 22:35Posted by Итилион
I've just noticed that a couple of new voice overs was datamined for Blood Elven and Night Elven Dark Rangers. It seems that both of them will be a thing after all. Which leads to an interesting thought. What if Blizz actually intends to introduce a pair of races that could choose their model similar to how Orcs can choose their pose? Those races would be Darkfallen for the Horde and Highborne for the Alliance.

So, Darkfallen could choose to be either a generic San'layn/Dark Ranger (Blood Elf with gray skin and red eyes) or a San'layn Prince/Undead Night Elf (Night elf with gray skin and red eyes).

And Highborne could choose to be either a Highborne (Night Elf with fair and light gray skin options, blue eyes, silver or light blonde hair, similar to the old High Elf model from classic) or a High Elf (the current model).

Would you consider it a good compromise?

How to you come to that conclusion? Your two points seem unconnected? Based on voiceovers you come to a theory on playable High Elves? Am I missing something?

Bit of a reach
The last time Blizz introduced a new race in a patch before Blizzcon, it became an Allied one, so undead Night Elves might be at least an option to consider (as much as I don't like it). And elven races would obviously come in pair (A+H) because Blizz upheld the same number of elven races for the last 12 years. If you were genuinely interested in an answer, that's it.
15/10/2018 11:22Posted by Ufych
High Elves will be the band-aid when subs drop below 2-3 million, guaranteed.

15/10/2018 13:48Posted by Sinndor
https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/1051812677578838016

Seems pretty legit. WA would not post something if they were not sure if sub numbers are correct.

Down to 1,7M players boys. I am not ranting. But man. Maybe Blizz will finaly wake up.
I would not be surprised if the horde gets undead elves.
After all they are highly requested by the horde players.
On the other hand we are requesting high elves, so we will get trash gnomes.
https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/1051812677578838016Seems pretty legit. WA would not post something if they were not sure if sub numbers are correct.

Hate to break it to you, but that is exactly what happened, WA did indeed post something when they were not sure about, and later tweeted admitting that they were not in fact correct, they'd made a goof, and that figure was not correct at all.

18/10/2018 06:56Posted by Linir
I would not be surprised if the horde gets undead elves.After all they are highly requested by the horde players.On the other hand we are requesting high elves, so we will get trash gnomes.

Ermm, No they're not? Where is this coming from? I mean I regularly check the AD forums as my home RP realm, the Story forums, the RP forums and here and I do not see Undead Elves being highly requested anywhere. Not at all.

This is a weird trend though, amongst some of the Alliance Fanbase, to claim "Horde asked for X, and they got it! So unfair!" My favourites so far have been;

"Horde asked for Nightborne, and they got them!"

No one asked for Nightborne.

"Horde asked for Golden eyes for Blood Elves, and they got them!"

I think I saw this one thread, this one time, by some crazy guy who was a bit of a laughing stock on his server, saying that 'Sun Elves', or 'Belore'dorei' were a 'thing' and that his character had golden eyes, and Blizz should give it as an option, but thats all I got, apart from that, nope, nobody asked for them.

"Horde asked for Straightbacked Orcs, and they got them!"
Nope, again, bar one or two comments here and there, nobody asked for them.

"Horde always asked for Mag'har, and they got them!"
This one has some credence, people did want that, as a customisation option for Orcs. Basically a different skin colour. Thats it. And to add to that, it was only a request that started appearing after WoD.

With the exception of the inexplicable decision to make Mag'har a seperate race, which was never requested, the Horde has in fact -never- got 'What they asked for' at the expense of the Alliance, and yet I keep seeing this claim. Link me a thread showing Horde fans asking for Nightborne...Go on.

Know what has been requested from the start? Probably about as long as High Elves have been.

Ogres. (Don't ask me why, as an RP'er I just wouldn't know what to do with something so thick it refers to itself in the third person)

Anybody see Ogres as a playable race option?

No?

So lets get over this idea that somehow the Horde is getting what it asks for and the Alliance is not, because that just isn't the case, I mean sure, the Horde is getting some new stuff, so is the Alliance, but to use an example, neither Nightborne nor Void Elves were 'asked for' by their respective playerbases.

And no, We don't want San'layn or Undead Elves, the only people I have seen suggesting this have been people posting on Alliance characters, please don't put ideas into Blizzard's head, they are not a thing that has been 'highly requested' by Horde players at all, I've not seen a single thread requesting them apart from here.
Honestly after the High elven thread the other major one is the San'layn's. Just check the us forum. It was a blood elven dk to start it.

What leaks from Blizzard's moves is that Undead Elves aka Darkfallen are really potentially a future allied race.

They have a lot of spotlight during this expansion. There are dark rangers everywhere, the San'layn under Dreven were recruited into the Horde and now Sylvanas is rising the Night Elves who died during the war in darkshore as new forsaken.

Potentially they have already a race leader in Deralyn Summermoon, in fact Blizzard wouldn't create a character from nowhere, giving her spotlight in the books and in the story, just to let her vanish out.

For me there's the possibility that the Darkfallen will have two playable model one related to the undead blood elves and one to the undead night elves, depending on player preference. I think also that Blizzard will potentially add Nathanos style undead human as a playable option for undead forsaken.
Yeah... But if Night Elf Undead will not be a blood sucking vampire reffered by everyone as Darkfallen / San'layn then fans of this ctreature will be as happy as High Elf fans having Void Elves.
For me they'll mix the san'layn features with the dark rangers one, creating an united race under the name of Darkfallen, red eyes, blood sucking ability, banshee and bat features things like that. Forsaken undead also are a mix of undead human types and Mag'har Orcs are a mix of uncorrupted orcs coming from different clans.
It would be a very bad choice like the Void elves. meaningless. I thought they would have introduced the lightforget forsaken from the C.Golden book. But undead nightelven?
Im beginning to become a HElf fan. Just to avoid other elf crookedness (lore speaking)
I'm not supporting this option, personally I don't care at all lol, it's just my impression.
Brigante quite the devil's advocate.
But you are wrong in some stuff.
After work I'll have more time to reply. But Maghar and High Mountain were highly requested, don't know about Zalandari.

Alliance got Dark Iron which is literally the only good thing we got.

Nightborne were quite well developed in Suramar, compare that to the VE asspull.

But hey now I can make a fat human. :/
18/10/2018 00:41Posted by Retributor
15/10/2018 11:22Posted by Ufych
High Elves will be the band-aid when subs drop below 2-3 million, guaranteed.

15/10/2018 13:48Posted by Sinndor
https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/1051812677578838016

Seems pretty legit. WA would not post something if they were not sure if sub numbers are correct.

Down to 1,7M players boys. I am not ranting. But man. Maybe Blizz will finaly wake up.

That's fake. If you a really read the whole thinginstead of just pasting a link you would know.
18/10/2018 08:29Posted by Brigante
https://twitter.com/WeakAuras/status/1051812677578838016Seems pretty legit. WA would not post something if they were not sure if sub numbers are correct.

Hate to break it to you, but that is exactly what happened, WA did indeed post something when they were not sure about, and later tweeted admitting that they were not in fact correct, they'd made a goof, and that figure was not correct at all.

18/10/2018 06:56Posted by Linir
I would not be surprised if the horde gets undead elves.After all they are highly requested by the horde players.On the other hand we are requesting high elves, so we will get trash gnomes.

Ermm, No they're not? Where is this coming from? I mean I regularly check the AD forums as my home RP realm, the Story forums, the RP forums and here and I do not see Undead Elves being highly requested anywhere. Not at all.

This is a weird trend though, amongst some of the Alliance Fanbase, to claim "Horde asked for X, and they got it! So unfair!" My favourites so far have been;

"Horde asked for Nightborne, and they got them!"

No one asked for Nightborne.

"Horde asked for Golden eyes for Blood Elves, and they got them!"

I think I saw this one thread, this one time, by some crazy guy who was a bit of a laughing stock on his server, saying that 'Sun Elves', or 'Belore'dorei' were a 'thing' and that his character had golden eyes, and Blizz should give it as an option, but thats all I got, apart from that, nope, nobody asked for them.

"Horde asked for Straightbacked Orcs, and they got them!"
Nope, again, bar one or two comments here and there, nobody asked for them.

"Horde always asked for Mag'har, and they got them!"
This one has some credence, people did want that, as a customisation option for Orcs. Basically a different skin colour. Thats it. And to add to that, it was only a request that started appearing after WoD.

With the exception of the inexplicable decision to make Mag'har a seperate race, which was never requested, the Horde has in fact -never- got 'What they asked for' at the expense of the Alliance, and yet I keep seeing this claim. Link me a thread showing Horde fans asking for Nightborne...Go on.

Know what has been requested from the start? Probably about as long as High Elves have been.

Ogres. (Don't ask me why, as an RP'er I just wouldn't know what to do with something so thick it refers to itself in the third person)

Anybody see Ogres as a playable race option?

No?

So lets get over this idea that somehow the Horde is getting what it asks for and the Alliance is not, because that just isn't the case, I mean sure, the Horde is getting some new stuff, so is the Alliance, but to use an example, neither Nightborne nor Void Elves were 'asked for' by their respective playerbases.

And no, We don't want San'layn or Undead Elves, the only people I have seen suggesting this have been people posting on Alliance characters, please don't put ideas into Blizzard's head, they are not a thing that has been 'highly requested' by Horde players at all, I've not seen a single thread requesting them apart from here.

Alliance love to play the victim though. Oh and there is a megathread for junk/mecha gnomes so people ARE requesting them and your going to get them.
Now that there's Void Elves, any way for High Elves is lost.