Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

General
Prev 1 231 232 233 267 Next
Because you have Alliance World Quests in this part of port and they would destroy you.
No, all regular horde npcs have red names even when I'm there with alliance character, and they don't attack me, but tortolians and vyrkuls have yellow names, so here's that.
I tend to go by 'if it's shown in-game or on the official website, it's official canon lore'. 'A Good War' is not just official lore, it's official lore of the latest expansion. When they remove it from their website, sure, we can discuss again whether it's official lore or not.

They're not going to remove a whole book from the website over one line of mistaken dialogue. What they would do, is state that it is incorrect, that -one- line. Which they have. If it is Incorrect, it means that the previous perception of events is -correct- and the Official Lore.

29/10/2018 18:13Posted by Итилион
Remember how you always say that Warcraft 3 can't be used as a source for something related to game mechanics because 'humans are as tall as farms' there?

As tall as houses actually, but yep, I do say that. Its a representation, not a 100% faithfully accurate rendition.

That's the same case of game mechanics. Your Blood Elf is a member of the Horde starting at level 1 even before you do any quests that lead to joining the Horde, and Night Elves are hostile to you even at level 1.

You know what, I'll give you that one, that is true. Alright, lets rule out the 'They are hostile mobs' line of argument, you've made a valid point there.

That doesn't change the fact that those Night Elves just stood there in stealth and observed malfunctioning shrine. There is no evidence that they actually sabotaged the shrine, there are just rumors, as is said in all the related quests. That may or may not be true. That's the nature of rumors.

Lets assume this is the case for the Night Elf mobs in Eversong, your point stands. Now, Ghostlands is a different matter. You can't tell me the Night Elves there are not hostile. They've landed on the shores, set up bases, taken important places, and most importantly, as a passive activity, you see them attack a Blood Elf Outpost periodically. Without provocation. Ghostlands is still part of Quel'thalas, and still Thalassian sovereign territory. The Night Elves there are most definitely hostile, and as we see them attack blood elf npc's, not the 'Player', we -know- that they are hostile.

Why complain about it? Ultimately the Kaldorei were semi-smart. Weird shiz is afoot in Quel'thalas and they go to check it out. Perhaps some local commander takes their mission brief the wrong way, or perhaps it was planned, but they initiate hostilities. It happens. Things escalate. Wars have started for sillier reasons in our world, I mean gods, look up the 'War of Jenkin's Ear' if you want a sad laugh at how people will use anything as a premise for War.

Fact remains, the Kaldorei were the belligerent party in that situation, towards a neutral state.

29/10/2018 23:31Posted by Skyrha
Brigante you keep saying different things with each comment,

Well, I should certainly hope I do, otherwise I would just be copy/pasting my responses.

29/10/2018 23:31Posted by Skyrha
first you admit alliance has high elves, mainly in silver covenant, now you claim there's no high elves in alliance, do you ever stop contradicting yourself?

I don't 'admit' the Alliance has High Elves. I -know- they have High Elves. You can't have played the game and not know that. The Silver Covenant are one group of those, probably the biggest and best organised, but there are also the Rangers at Quel'danil, with their ties to the Wildhammer, and the survivors of Theramore (As many High Elves made their way with Jaina to Kalimdor, I -think- I remember reading that it was the second largest concentration of High Elves on Azeroth?)

I have -never- claimed there are no High Elves in the Alliance. I have literally(using the word in its correct sense) and figuratively -Never- once said that. There are High Elves in the Alliance, we know there are, that has never been disputed by anyone. What is being discussed here is about them being playable.

So as such, no, Skyrha, I cannot stop contradicting myself, as to stop doing so, would imply that I had started to do so, which I have not. My stance remains the same as it has always been, High Elves should be playable on Alliance side, they should have exactly the same customisation options as Blood Elves. Possibly some different haircuts to reflect mingling with humans and being influenced by their styles. Seriously, the short haired options for Blood Elves are a joke, you're stuck with Manga hair, or hair that looks like it was painted onto your scalp.

30/10/2018 08:21Posted by Fernalia
Idk whats with all the blood elves that roam around alliance allied race threads,

I think you'll find we're all human behind the screen.....

Unless Skynet has started early and some of you are bots...

there's a high elf mage keeping arathi portal open and a vyrkul trader marked for alliance pvp not far from her, yet when someone suggests them as playable races, horde goes ape!@#$, but god forbid someone disagrees on their san'layn and dark ranger threads, that's inconceivable.

Where is this happening, on the US Forums? I've not seen it on EU, I mean for a start, very few people on the EU want San'layn or Dark Rangers, so there haven't really been threads on that at all.

I'm all for High Elves on Alliance, always have been. I just want them to be High Elves as shown in game, not High Elves as some US folks want, which is different from what a High Elf is. Vrykul, I'm kind of ambivalent about. Doesn't really make sense for them to join either Faction, to be honest, but if the Alliance get them, meh, fair enough. I do not want San'layn or Dark Rangers on Horde though, thank you very much.

could firmly say there's less dark rangers and san'layn combined than high elves in alliance.

I don't mind Dark Rangers as NPC's, but if we can all agree that there are no-frickin- San'layn left, that would make me happy.

30/10/2018 08:43Posted by Fernalia
There's dark ranger Lenara in trueshot lodge who's neutral, guess that sorts dark rangers out of possible playable race?

There is also Ranger-General Halduron Brightwing, and Vereesa Windrunner. I'm confused, which side are they on now then? I think the phrase 'Temporary alliance of convenience' best sums Trueshot Lodge and the Class order Halls up.

Seriously, it is getting tiresome, people assuming that because I am critiquing some ideas, and pointing out flaws, that I am in some way anti-High Elves. I'm not. If anyone had read my posts they would know that. I just don't want the US ideas to see the light of day, is all, as that will cause a !@#$storm.
29/10/2018 23:23Posted by Brigante
29/10/2018 23:09Posted by Moontear
And once again, highelves are alliance race which was given to horde.

Get it right. High Elves were part of the Alliance until the Internment Camps argument, at which point the nation left the Alliance of Lordaeron, and became neutral, later being attacked by the Alliance, which drove them into the Horde. At some point in the meantime they had called themselves Blood Elves.

They were not an Alliance Race. not at that point. You can thank Terenas and Garithos for that.

So you’re saying Garithos’ Alliance is the same Alliance we’re playing in WoW? Like, you’re basically saying Blood Elves hate Stormwind humans because Garithos (ie Lordaeron humans) treated them bad.

That’s like hating UK for something the US has done only because they both are members of NATO.
30/10/2018 14:18Posted by Leinadh
So you’re saying Garithos’ Alliance is the same Alliance we’re playing in WoW? Like, you’re basically saying Blood Elves hate Stormwind humans because Garithos (ie Lordaeron humans) treated them bad.

Not at all.

I'm saying they would be annoyed at Garithos, sure, but then compiled with Dwarven Espionage and outright Kaldorei Aggression then they may just have a reason to feel aggrieved?

An example of once again, why the Night Elves should not be allowed out without a responsible adult...
Just make a Draenei..

we are way cooler anyway.

*tail wag*

Sorry...

Seriously though give people their Quels already. Its not like they'll murder the Horde. Or are you Sins secretly massive Alliance fanboys that want to be as blue as me deep down?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Get it right. High Elves were part of the Alliance until the Internment Camps argument, at which point the nation left the Alliance of Lordaeron, and became neutral, later being attacked by the Alliance, which drove them into the Horde. At some point in the meantime they had called themselves Blood Elves.

They were not an Alliance Race. not at that point. You can thank Terenas and Garithos for that.

So you’re saying Garithos’ Alliance is the same Alliance we’re playing in WoW? Like, inyou’re basically saying Blood Elves hate Stormwind humans because Garithos (ie Lordaeron humans) treated them bad.

That’s like hating UK for something the US has done only because they both are members of NATO.

Ah the old out of arguments Garithos card.
Should be renamed to Garithos the old faithful.

But lets focus on Garithos. Let's conveniently forget that time with the Amani trolls and the other time with the horde. But hey Garithos, what a bastard!

King Anesterian !@#$ed up sending only a token force to help his allies, and when war hit his borders then he decided to give full support. Then blames the Alliance and goes neutral.

And then when arthas goes mental yeah they only got what they deserved.

Let's note that the Elves in dalaran kept their amicable relation with the Alliance, before some of you get your panties in a twist thinking that you have an argument out of this.

And it's those Elves that remained loyal that we want back into the alliance.
You BE lads fit right in with the Horde.
Messing up and blaming the alliance lol
@Savoren: You sound ridiculous when you pretend that a book officially published by Blizzard and available on their official website is not canon lore just because its author made a single lore mistake. 'A Good War' is definitely canon, at least while it's still available from the official WoW website.

Lets assume this is the case for the Night Elf mobs in Eversong, your point stands. Now, Ghostlands is a different matter. You can't tell me the Night Elves there are not hostile. They've landed on the shores, set up bases, taken important places, and most importantly, as a passive activity, you see them attack a Blood Elf Outpost periodically. Without provocation. Ghostlands is still part of Quel'thalas, and still Thalassian sovereign territory. The Night Elves there are most definitely hostile, and as we see them attack blood elf npc's, not the 'Player', we -know- that they are hostile.
By the time Night Elves attack, Blood Elves led by Magister Sylastor have already assaulted Night Elven camp at An'telas and killed its inhabitants.

Also PC Blood Elf has attacked Night Elven camp at An'daroth by that time and killed Night Elves there.

So yes, Night Elves are hostile there but their camp has already been attacked by that time.
30/10/2018 17:12Posted by Linir
Ah the old out of arguments Garithos card.

Well, I mean, are you saying he -wasn't- a cause of the Blood Elves getting a snit on with the Alliance? I mean he quite famously was. Its like saying "Gods, the Irish just won't stop banging on about Oliver Cromwell"

Let's conveniently forget that time with the Amani trolls and the other time with the horde.

Pretty sure neither the Blood or High Elves have forgotten the Amani, pretty famously so fairly recently, as for the Horde, I doubt they have forgotten that either, but you do tend to address the current threat, not the threat ten years ago, and the Alliance were the more immediate threat.

King Anesterian !@#$ed up sending only a token force to help his allies, and when war hit his borders then he decided to give full support. Then blames the Alliance and goes neutral.

Hmm, no, that's not the order of things. Anasterian pulled the High Elves out of the Alliance during a time of peace, the same time as Gilneas and Stromgarde left, and for the same reason. They didn't want to pay for Internment camps when they could just execute all the Orcs instead. I'm not saying it was the most humane option, but, ehh, history proved them right, and Terenas wrong. They still sent forces to aid the Alliance even though they were not bound to, like Gilneas (Admittedly only a single Brigade in the latter case). As such, when Arthas went nuts, the state of Quel'thalas had already been neutral for a while.

Let's note that the Elves in dalaran kept their amicable relation with the Alliance,

"Some Of", not all, 'Some of the Elves in Dalaran….etc etc.

And it's those Elves that remained loyal that we want back into the alliance.

Well, technically they didn't remain loyal. Or rather they did, just not to their country. They remained loyal to a political power bloc, they were disloyal to their nation and species.

30/10/2018 19:37Posted by Итилион
@Savoren: You sound ridiculous when you pretend that a book officially published by Blizzard and available on their official website is not canon lore just because its author made a single lore mistake. 'A Good War' is definitely canon, at least while it's still available from the official WoW website.

No, Savoren is quite correct. If it is explicitly stated that one line of dialogue in a story is incorrect, then it is incorrect. It doesn't matter . Blizzard endorsed the RPG books at the time, then later said they were not Canon. In this instance that -one- line of Malfurion's dialogue is explicitly said to be incorrect. How people take that is up to them, but this is not new Lore, it is an author making a mistake, that they straight away admitted to.

By the time Night Elves attack, Blood Elves led by Magister Sylastor have already assaulted Night Elven camp at An'telas and killed its inhabitants.

And what were those Night Elves doing at An'telas? Were they part of the armed body of troops that the Kaldorei had sent via ship to seize and retain locations in Quel'thalas?

There is a name, for when you send armed forces into another country and occupy territory.

Just face it. The Kaldorei initiated hostilities. What is so impossible about that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKaaxHFbDvI

High elves= alliance .

wc3 and forever
Truth is u just should play belfs ;p
I mean who care about alliance

I see you're still insisting on that ice cream.

31/10/2018 00:56Posted by Retributor

High elves= alliance .

wc3 and forever

Want to take Warcraft 3 as a basis? Be careful what you're asking for.

Once Archimonde was done playing with his sand castle, Dalaran was completely in ruins. Whatever was left of the High Elves living there have followed Kael'thas. They were there when he renamed them to Blood Elves and nobody has shown any signs of opposition.

You see, according to Warcraft 3 there aren't any High Elves left, as all of them have supported Kael'thas' decision to change their name to Blood Elves. So, yes, I'm quite okay with taking Warcraft 3 as a basis on the matter of High Elves.
is this real life
There's high elves all around Alliance in WoW, in every expansion. Allied races were the perfect time to finally make them playable but no, some arbitrary decision was to pull void elves out of nowhere and with no lore, to dissapoint the vast crowds of helf fans. It's crazy in times of allied races that they choose to make up the most forcibly made up new "race" when they could just use something that has been there from the beginning and has a wide fanbase. The final touch of upset being those high elves hanging around at the void elf starting area.

Given how dissapointing Battle for Azeroth overall is, maybe they simply were out of touch about what people want. Maybe it was simply something they thought people would find amazing, like the rest of the expansion where everything is like Legion but worse. The reason of "blurring the lines too much" is something I just can't take seriously considering their ongoing wanton abandonment of their own lore, and seems more like an excuse in hindsight against the backlash.

Though there is hope if the rumours about how badly BfA is performing with it's subs is true, once they introduce their Expanded-Cash-Shop to please the shareholders, I bet there will be features to skip the allied races grind, ability to buy their heritage mogs, and also new allied races for real money only. High elves definately incoming then! Meh, what am I saying, it will be just a "skin pack" for void elf, hard to expect anything more from this New Blizzard.
The subs thing was debunked long ago now. Just a fake rumor a lot of people took as gospel.
Id love High Elves as an alliance playable race
31/10/2018 01:00Posted by Tarhaniss
Truth is u just should play belfs ;p
I mean who care about alliance

Horde exist because of alliance, so nobody cares for horde tho. :p
This is the point that is being made. No one is arguing there are no high elves in the alliance but the high elves as a faction do not exist anymore. They are scattered into multiple armies. Some are in the silver covenant, some are 7th legion, some are within the void elves, some are Kirin Tor but as a faction of their own with a capital, culture, pure racial army, they do not exist.
31/10/2018 10:21Posted by Soulshox
This is the point that is being made. No one is arguing there are no high elves in the alliance but the high elves as a faction do not exist anymore. They are scattered into multiple armies. Some are in the silver covenant, some are 7th legion, some are within the void elves, some are Kirin Tor but as a faction of their own with a capital, culture, pure racial army, they do not exist.

They do, perfect example Silvercovenant. Except maybe they don't have their own capita city except Dalanar. They are in-game really representative faction of helves.
Sad thing about this thread is knowing that, despite the avalanche of crap that is BfA, all they would have to do is add playable High Elves and most people would be clapping like trained seals.