Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

General
Prev 1 254 255 256 267 Next
11/11/2018 16:23Posted by Türiel
11/11/2018 16:13Posted by Xelius
high elves are already in game blood elf/void elf.

No they're not. Those are sin'dorei and ren'dorei. We want Quel'dorei. Don't you have anything better to do but troll?

You might get Quel'dorei... Highborne ones... Looking like Night Elf.

Lets hope that parody of High Elf that is not even tall will finally get wiped off along with remnants of Silver Covenant.
11/11/2018 16:13Posted by Xelius
high elves are already in game blood elf/void elf.

No they're not. Those are sin'dorei and ren'dorei. We want Quel'dorei. Don't you have anything better to do but troll?

Void Elves are high elves no matter how you spin it.
The same thing counts for blood elves.
11/11/2018 16:42Posted by Kamazh
<span class="truncated">...</span>

High elves and void elves are completely different things.
Void elves worship the void, they were part of horde, kicked out for being void junkies.
High elves are into magic and light, been in Alliance since the time Lordaeron was still a kingdom.

We don't want compromise elves, we want high elves, just like Horde got Nightborne, race that makes sense, with lore, just check Suramar, just like High elves are big part of Wrath of the Lich King, different from blood elves and their rivals throughout the expansion.
11/11/2018 16:42Posted by Kamazh

No, technically they're blood elves, but in the place where they're living atm there are some incoming sin'dorei and quel'dorei. But your character is one of those blood elves
11/11/2018 16:46Posted by Abbendys

No, technically they're blood elves, but in the place where they're living atm there are some incoming sin'dorei and quel'dorei. But your character is one of those blood elves

And blood elves are high elves whom changed their name and faction, so the argument is invalid.

And blood elves are high elves whom changed their name and faction, so the argument is invalid.

No we want Alliance Quel'dorei there's able to be Paladins.
I have no interest in them, but clearly swathes of people do, so I say give it to them, provided it’s given to Alliance.

It’ll also serve to balance out the faction numbers I think

And once again, you are deliberately ignoring the specific kind of elf we’re asking for and are assuming we’re asking for a general Thalassian model.

So tell me: all thumbs are fingers, but are all fingers thumbs?

Nope.

Now change “thumbs” and “fingers” with “blood/void elves” and “high elves” respectively.
Right first of all I have been keeping track of this thread for quite some time as a High Elf enthusiast, I would be rather keen to see Quel'dorei... Yes Quel'dorei in game, Not Sin'dorei or Ren'dorei... Quel'dorei just to point that out as I am aware a few individuals certainly enjoy the good Ol' "But High Elves are Blood Elves, Horde it waiting for you kek."

I would also like to point out how I find it rather amusing that the Individuals whom say to cease this threat and apparently stop spamming and crying out for Quel'dorei as an allied race just happen to dip their heads back in the thread on a rather constant basis themselves... Again using their rather ill informed and outdated arguments.

Now I like to consider myself rather polite and respectful to which I am not awful keen on the entire Keyboard Warrior persona's that certainly make themselves known in these forums, Though I am more than willing to have a polite and civil debate with an individual whom may not agree with the information provided which I support.

Arguments for High Elves introduction.

Prominent member within the Alliance. Ever since their introduction in Warcraft 2 they have certainly made a name for themselves and have fought alongside Humans in various theaters including the renowned Troll Wars and Second War.

Constantly making appearances within the Expansions. Despite apparently having such dwindling numbers they still manage to find themselves with blade, staff, bow in hand fighting alongside and aiding the Alliance.

Highly requested Allied Race. Need I say more on this? They have certainly been requested for a great deal of time and would make a welcome addition within the Alliance for sure.

Interesting and engaging story including rivalry with the Sin'dorei. Pit Brother against Brother... Whom is the traitor to whom? The Quel'dorei may believe the Sin'dorei to have reckless in their pursuit to sustain themselves with Fel Energy... The Sin'dorei believe the Quel'dorei to have turned their back on their own kin, Choosing to fight alongside those whom apparently deserted them in their hour of need.

Despite having low numbers as noted they certainly have made their presence known and often in force when it comes to the Silver Covenant whom I am aware Individuals argue is not an Alliance aligned faction though considering Vereesa Windrunners allegiance, past as well events that have transpired could certainly easily be swayed to that side of the fence.

Quel'Danil Lodge, High Vale Elves despite being rather cut off from the majority of the Alliance forces bar perhaps the Wildhammer Dwarves located within the same zone have continued to remain loyal to the Alliance.

Quel'Lithien Lodge, Another group of High Elves whom were loyal to the Alliance until a rather unfortunate turn of events due to an item of seductive energy was brought to the lodge and caused the majority of its denizens to become wretched. However at least three High Elves are known to have survived, Perhaps more however it has not been noted.

Arguments that have been presented against the introduction of High Elves.

Low quantity of High Elves, A numbers game as it were it has been stated that Quel'dorei make up 1% of the 10% of those remaining after the events of the Scourge Invasion of Quel'thalas. However despite this they certainly have made their presence known in the world of Azeroth... An entire militant organization has been formed known as the Silver Covenant, There is a lodge containing a number of High Vale Elves, They also have a high population within Stormwind City, And there also many present within Theramore before those events occurred which included Quel'dorei Soldiers. I would also like to note that there could very well be settlements we are unaware of that exists be it within the Eastern Kindgoms or beyond, However that is speculation on my part.

Blurring the lines, Apparently Quel'dorei look far to similar to Sin'dorei... Who would of thought, Though this is true at the current moment of time, However for this to be used as an argument is rather poor considering the introduction of Pandaeran whom... You guess it look the same as their Alliance/Horde counterparts. If this was to be considered an issue however there is a fix that could be implemented and that would be to rework the Chara movements, Model, Posture etc much like they have with the Shal'dorei compared to the Kaldorei.

Balancing issues with Horde and Alliance. Now this may have had some momentum behind it in the past perhaps... Though let us put into consideration that people have been playing their Sin'dorei for a number of years now and if they would really switch sides on a whim considering they have built themselves up on that side... To say that it would be a little silly would be an understatement.

The Alliance have Ren'dorei, Now this argument is plausible and has some tread behind it, However we must also take note that Ren'dorei were plucked out of nowhere with a rather poor excuse for a story being implemented... Certainly more so in comparison to the other Allied Races whom have been introduced. Out of the six allied races currently available soon to be eight... Four soon to be six have zones pretty much dedicated to them and their lore doing a rather good job of explaining who they are and what they do.

1) Nightborne/Shal'dorei have Suramar and had a rather deeply invested story including their Rebellion and being aided by the forces of the Sin'dorei, Kaldorei and Quel'dorei.

2) Lightforged Draenei have Argus as well as leading up to Argus which explains that these individuals have been battling the Legion for quite some time and have advanced technology and the like.

3) Highmountain have of course the zone Highmountain which explains a great deal of their origins as well they connection to Cenarius who bestowed his blessing upon them which lead to their antlers due to the actions of Huln Highmoutain.

4) Mag'har have although many were not keen on the expansion they have Alternate Draenor whom does a good job of explaining the Clans and what not, As well as all the lore which may be included from the Orinigal Universe perhaps.

We also have Kul'Tiran and Zandalari whom as we all know have these quaint little cities and zones that delv into their origins, believes etc...

Now that leaves us with two races, The Dark Iron and the Ren'dorei... Now I enjoyed the Dark Iron intro although I don't play one, The Ren'dorei was pretty meh in my opinion... Now even if the Dark Iron was not up to scratch they still have an abundance of Lore behind them including being enslaved by Ragnaros, The War of three Hammers etc as they are well established in the lore. The Ren'dorei were plucked forth with perhaps a need to appease the Alliance, And even perhaps a compromise for Quel'dorei which they certainly are not in my opinion.

A compromise has been floated around in the form of adding fair skin and what not to the Ren'dorei which allow may sound rather appealing at least as first. However the lack of a Paladin Class as well as the Racials, Sound Files etc certainly would not be fitting. Someone also noted that it is far from true to the Quel'dorei origins which certainly is true as the Quel'dorei rejected the prospect of using Fel energy to quench their hunger due to the Sunwell being destroyed at that moment in time... So their is a good chance they would be against the Void, Shadow magic etc... Now an individual may wish to pick up on the fact that their are High Elves within the Telogrus Rift however to my knowledge they wish to study its effects on the Ren'dorei... Most likely since it is hardly having a positive effect on their minds to say the least... The three Ren'dorei encountered within the Island Expeditions would testify to this.

Also making a note of a few individauls... You certainly do not have to click on this thread, If you have no desire for Quel'dorei people respect that opinion and well you certainly do not have to derail the thread... Simply bring a constructive argument and well then you have said your piece.

I may have more to say on the subject, And I am quite open for a polite and civil conversation with people whom may not agree with what I have said here.

I shall also note that parts of the information I have written may very well be my humble opinion or even speculation so feel free to take note of what I have said and inform me otherwise.
11/11/2018 20:38Posted by Braxford
Also making a note of a few individauls... You certainly do not have to click on this thread, If you have no desire for Quel'dorei people respect that opinion and well you certainly do not have to derail the thread... Simply bring a constructive argument and well then you have said your piece.

You don't get to dictate who does and doesn't get to voice their opinions. People are allowed to be for or against and even be outraged in either case.
10/11/2018 13:36Posted by Moontear
10/11/2018 08:49Posted by Wolfblood
The majority of wow players don’t give a fk about lore,

Actually you got that wrong. Most players care about lore. Because of lore this game is so popular.

I’ll believe the majority of players read the quest logs when pigs fly.
11/11/2018 20:52Posted by Punyelf

You don't get to dictate who does and doesn't get to voice their opinions. People are allowed to be for or against and even be outraged in either case.

Except he didn’t - he simply asked ppl not to derail the thread and to bring constructive arguments. This in no way means “GT*O WE DONT LIKE OPINIONS”.
10/11/2018 12:38Posted by Skyrha
The majority of wow players don’t give a fk about lore, all this is is a bunch of butt hurt children over the fact horde got blood/high elves over 10 years ago and you’re still salty af.
Get a grip, it’s bloody pathetic.
The more cross faction races complete and utterly ruins the immersion of the game, both HBe and Ve should never have been a thing, but we are stuck with it now and have ended up with way to many elf races.

Instead of being boring and un original why not sit down with a pencil and paper and sketch some totally new races that would actually bring somthing new to the game.

Although your imagination does seem none existent from the rubbish you write, best stick to a google search.
Point still stands there’s infinity new ideas for races out there, stop fixating on ruining something we already have.

I'm surprised you aren't mentioning Nightborne then, since they're clearly night elves, if void elves and high elves are same as blood elves. It's only bad when it doesn't benefit you, isn't it?

I did say Nightborne shouldn’t be a thing... fml.
You’re just complete and utterly delusional.
Instead of just crying over the forums all day every day like a child that’s never been told ‘no’ either play Belf or Velf.
People like you just constantly spew absolute garbage to try and justify somthing that doesn’t even need justification, just because it exists in game does ‘Not’ give it a right to be playable if the core aspect of it isn’t good for the game. Which this ‘is not’.

But carry on like you will anyway because you’re so narrow minded you would rather spend your days stamping your feet and slamming your fists instead of opening your eyes to reality.

Sad, unbelievably sad.
11/11/2018 20:52Posted by Punyelf

Mhm... Can you kindly point out exactly how I dictated to others who should and should not post, I mean did you even take the time to read any of my post? I have no desire to dictate nor would I if I could.

I simply stated that you do not have to click on the post, And also stated that that individuals may not have any desire for High Elves though their opinion is still respected.

You have that -Options- to click on the thread you certainly do not have to, But some Individuals certainly enjoy to derail or flame the thread as it were.

Though I do appreciate you jumping in on the defensive without actually reading what I put Punyelf.

May I ask are you one of these enraged individuals and if so why?
Blizzard made a mistake with the Lore behind the Void Elves. They are cool with great aesthetics but lore wise they should have been former Alliance High Elves and not a splintered group of Blood Elves.
There are a lot of High Elven magicians and researches in Dalaran, so why not using some of them like Lan’dalock and Ravandwyr instead of Umbric group. Alleria’s role would have been the same, teaching them how to control the void, the name should have remained High Elves and Void form should have been a shapeshifting ability, automatic in combat
Seems the trolls are crawling back into the thread...
Their only goal is to cause the high elves supporters to despair, or spam the thread in hope to get it locked.

Troll tactic #1: spam and swear at the high elf supporters.
Troll tactic #2: spam Ion's infamous quote endlessly, as if we don't know it.
Troll tactic #3: spam "high elves are already in the horde" - ignoring the kind of elf the thread is about and the political difference between high and blood elves.

Shame that the ToS isn't enforced on those toxic spammers. And we can only "guess" the reason.

On topic: I'll just repeat what i've written several times.
Political schism inside the same race, with both sides playable, makes much better conflicts and emotional attachment of players then "different rival models".
That's the main reason why alliance high-elves should be playable, with game focus on their hatred towards the horde blood elves, and via versa.

The problem of already existing void elves must however be solved. The only solution I can think about right now, is letting some of them slowly recover, and getting back towards their high elf roots.
10/11/2018 12:00Posted by Thurillion
The majority of wow players don’t give a fk about lore, all this is is a bunch of butt hurt children over the fact horde got blood/high elves over 10 years ago and you’re still salty af.
Get a grip, it’s bloody pathetic.
The more cross faction races complete and utterly ruins the immersion of the game, both HBe and Ve should never have been a thing, but we are stuck with it now and have ended up with way to many elf races.

Instead of being boring and un original why not sit down with a pencil and paper and sketch some totally new races that would actually bring somthing new to the game.

Although your imagination does seem none existent from the rubbish you write, best stick to a google search.
Point still stands there’s infinity new ideas for races out there, stop fixating on ruining something we already have.

Is it so bad people want something that exists both in lore and in game? I mean you literally just called a lot of people "pathetic", "children","boring" and "unoriginal" just for requesting something they want. Just because you don't like it and disagree doesn't mean you have to insult people. Also you act like you own exclusive rights to any race, which you definitely do not have. This is purely your opinion same with others. I mean void elves are a thing, high elves are a thing in lore and in game, they already do exist so every time you see a silver covenant high elf you break your immersion?

Anyway try to be more constructive and respectful at the least man...

You’re just another typical poster twisting things i NEVER said, if you can’t figure out what i said by ‘reading’ i’m not going to teach you.
What you say is just rubbish, we all want things but it doesn’t me we need them or they are a good thing for the game.
From your logic i should beable to use Stormwind as my capital city because i think it’s better then what horde have, because i ‘want’ to beable to do that then i’m intitled to it.
@Wolfblood , if you have nothing else positive to say but vomit your nonsense, you should not come here in the first place.

And if you think what should and should not be in game - create your own topic and ask, as we did about helves. SIMPLE?

Thank you |:)
11/11/2018 21:26Posted by Amnastaria
Seems the trolls are crawling back into the thread...
Their only goal is to cause the high elves supporters to despair, or spam the thread in hope to get it locked.

Troll tactic #1: spam and swear at the high elf supporters.
Troll tactic #2: spam Ion's infamous quote endlessly, as if we don't know it.
Troll tactic #3: spam "high elves are already in the horde" - ignoring the kind of elf the thread is about and the political difference between high and blood elves.

Shame that the ToS isn't enforced on those toxic spammers. And we can only "guess" the reason.

On topic: I'll just repeat what i've written several times.
Political schism inside the same race, with both sides playable, makes much better conflicts and emotional attachment of players then "different rival models".
That's the main reason why alliance high-elves should be playable, with game focus on their hatred towards the horde blood elves, and via versa.

The problem of already existing void elves must however be solved. The only solution I can think about right now, is letting some of them slowly recover, and getting back towards their high elf roots.

100% this.

Is it so bad people want something that exists both in lore and in game? I mean you literally just called a lot of people "pathetic", "children","boring" and "unoriginal" just for requesting something they want. Just because you don't like it and disagree doesn't mean you have to insult people. Also you act like you own exclusive rights to any race, which you definitely do not have. This is purely your opinion same with others. I mean void elves are a thing, high elves are a thing in lore and in game, they already do exist so every time you see a silver covenant high elf you break your immersion?

Anyway try to be more constructive and respectful at the least man...

You’re just another typical poster twisting things i NEVER said, if you can’t figure out what i said by ‘reading’ i’m not going to teach you.
What you say is just rubbish, we all want things but it doesn’t me we need them or they are a good thing for the game.
From your logic i should beable to use Stormwind as my capital city because i think it’s better then what horde have, because i ‘want’ to beable to do that then i’m intitled to it.

Except the game has in no way ever mentioned or showed Stormwind being used by the Horde, whereas Quel’dorei High Elves appear in several Alliance quests, scenarios and zones in every single patch.

That’s a lot of nonsensical rubbish from someone who asks others not to talk rubbish.