Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

General
Prev 1 263 264 265 267 Next
14/11/2018 11:14Posted by Xelius
Helf=belf same race so hard to understand for 5 ppl who pump this thread christ sake

No we're not pumping it a gm allowed us to make it last forever. So blizzard's begining to see that the horde wants all of the lovelly races for themselves they got their uncorrupted orcs now they want The Silver covernent elves aswell? Wow just wow.
We were just talking about the constant troll pollution of this thread, and the questionable reasons of the mods that ignore it. And we got yet another live example from "Xelius" - the second troll that should have been banned into oblivion together with "Wolfblood".

The trolls are not afraid to drool their ichor into this thread, because they know they won't be punished.
We were just talking about the constant troll pollution of this thread, and the questionable reasons of the mods that ignore it. And we got yet another live example from "Xeluis" - the second troll that should have been banned into oblivion together with "Wolfblood".

The trolls are not afraid to drool their ichor into this thread, because they know they won't be punished.
And this normal helf fanatic when someone else disagree your opinion they need to banned and calling them trolls. Just wow xD
A person that constantly spams "high elf = blood elf" dozens of times though he knows exactly what the thread is about, is spamming the thread and deserve to be banned - if the mods were honest.

It has nothing about disagreeing. Now shoo.
14/11/2018 11:31Posted by Amnastaria
We were just talking about the constant troll pollution of this thread, and the questionable reasons of the mods that ignore it. And we got yet another live example from "Xelius" - the second troll that should have been banned into oblivion together with "Wolfblood".

But why is it because they're horde?
14/11/2018 11:21Posted by Türiel
So blizzard's begining to see that the horde wants all of the lovelly races for themselves they got their uncorrupted orcs now they want The Silver covernent elves aswell?

Opinions disagree on what people deem as "lovely" races, in your case or better to say in the case of the pro High-Elves it's the High Elven. But one of the problem is that we are already flooded with (1/4th?) of the races being Elf and there are also people who dislike the idea of the Alliance getting the Horde race, there is no difference between High Elves and Blood Elves. If you want to see a different take a look at the Night Elves and Nightborne, their history is different they have been apart for a long time and mutated in a different way, what does the High Elves have..? Nothing, everything what the High Elves have counts for the Blood Elves to.

The only possible difference between both High Elves and Blood elves are the around the time when they drained the juicy fel what mutated their eyes and the other thing would be the few remaining High Elves adapting and absorbing traditions of the Alliance races, most likely Human.

There is simple just not a to big difference between both groups and beside this there are countless of other reasons why adding High Elves are lore wise a bad idea (General agreed that Void Elves where a bad idea to.) and possible gameplay wise to with the playerfaction numbers.
14/11/2018 11:38Posted by Amnastaria
A person that constantly spams "high elf = blood elf" dozens of times though he knows exactly what the thread is about, is spamming the thread and deserve to be banned

So you want 50+% of the people in this topic to be banned, includding yourself.

The pro High-Elves are repeating everything what has been said ten times already while the anti High Elves already said why they can't exist ten times plus.

And no one should be banned, spam deserve no ban but a time out.
14/11/2018 11:56Posted by Tyrniae
There is simple just not a to big difference between both groups and beside this there are countless of other reasons why adding High Elves are lore wise a bad idea (General agreed that Void Elves where a bad idea to.) and possible gameplay wise to with the playerfaction numbers.

On the contrary - the fact that the same race is divided by a political rift, and the severe hatred and mutual misdeeds they did to each other, is just a better reason to make both of them playable. That's what makes a good story, much more then "race X fights race Y".

And obvious trolls that cannot post without derailing a thread, using derogatory comments to spite, deserve a long ban. It got nothing to do with disagreement.
14/11/2018 12:07Posted by Amnastaria

On the contrary - the fact that the same race is divided by a political rift, and the severe hatred and mutual misdeeds they did to each other, is just a better reason to make both of them playable. That's what makes a good story, much more then "race X fights race Y".

How would thae be a good reason or make it a good story, all what it resulted in sofar is showing of the bad sides of both, the Blood Elves for exiling (don't know the correct word right now) the High Elves make sure no more strife would be left in the Kingdom leading to a possible war and the High Elves torturing and enjoying feeding Blood Elves who comminted no crime to Sharks.

And the Blood Elf versus High Elf would be a "race X fights race Y" scenario as some deem both of them no longer the same while other deem them that they are.

Also one big tip, do not expect if this will ever happen that the story will be good, the story is going downhill for some time now.
The story is going downhill for a while - that's utterly true and that's one of the reasons I've canceled my sub. My opinion is that more in-depth conflicts that players could be hooked into from both sides, will improve things.

Not that I got my hopes high, anyway.

Blood elves Vs High elves is an internal, bitter conflict inside the same race, that can and did torn friends and families apart, while both sides got valid claims to believe it, and doesn't need artificial "oops, they forgot to communicate again" reasons to be in conflict.
And that's - the bad parts in both sides behavior, while none of them is either goody two-shooes or moustache twirling evil, is what gives the story so much potential, and will make players from both sides to emotionally attach to the conflicts, much more then usual "red hates blue".

So what you said is just a claim in favor of playable high elves.
14/11/2018 12:23Posted by Amnastaria
is what gives the story so much potential

It doesn't matter right now if it does or not, in the current state we will most likely get disapointed with the outcome. WoD had serious enourmous potential.. None of the potential was taken.

14/11/2018 12:23Posted by Amnastaria
So what you said is just a claim in favor of playable high elves.

It does not, that your opinion. There are many reasons what disfavours High Elves as playable.
It doesn't matter right now if it does or not, in the current state we will most likely get disapointed with the outcome. WoD had serious enourmous potential.. None of the potential was taken.

True. Same with BFA.

14/11/2018 12:27Posted by Tyrniae
It does not, that your opinion. There are many reasons what disfavours High Elves as playable.

It is, because it creates a good story with true two grey morale sides that got true reasons to fight, and not because of artificial miscommunication. And of course it's my opinion. I'm here to write my opinions.

As for other reasons - the only stronger ones is about gameplay, not about story/lore justification, and they also got enough counter arguments that were brought in-length in this thread.
What is wrong with people. If I directly -named- the person in my post who was being racist and using 'Special Needs' as a pejorative why do you suddenly assume it means you, and not the person I named? I mean I do not know how I could be more specific? I mean unless you have them on 'ignore' (which is entirely possible, and I would not blame you) then you presumably read their post, and thought nothing about them remarking on a post linking a High Elf mock up with an Asian cast to their skin and saying "To Appease the SJW's" and then referring to half the player base as 'Special Needs'

That's what I am saying. You can't decry unpleasantness from Anti High Elf people and ignore unpleasantness from Pro High Elf people, I mean that is hypocrisy.

As to the person who referred to me only correcting Pro-High Elf posts, I can only assume you have not read this thread (admittedly a Herculean task at this point) but even the last few pages show where I was correcting an Anti-High Elf person claiming that High Elves could not be Paladins, and giving links to characters who were High Elf Paladins.

As to it being people's 'job' to police the forums, then no, it is not, but equally, if you let unpleasantness stand when it suits you, but howl in indignation when it does not, then that is sort of setting a tone, don't you think?
14/11/2018 12:35Posted by Amnastaria
As for other reasons - the only stronger ones is about gameplay, not about story/lore justification, and they also got enough counter arguments that were brought in-length in this thread.

You mean enought reasons to make High Elves playable because of Gameplay, lore wise has already been debunked alot.

Gameplay wise they do add nothing it's just another race being added and the only difference would be the racial.
14/11/2018 12:40Posted by Brigante
What is wrong with people. If I directly -named- the person in my post who was being racist and using 'Special Needs' as a pejorative why do you suddenly assume it means you, and not the person I named

I really don't know what the fuss is about. I've read the post, and even if I would have said things in another way, it wasn't racist and it wasn't half as rude as the troll attacks we suffer from every day here.

Mocking SJW's isn't racism.

Racism is the belief that ethnic/racial groups are inferior/superior, due to biological reasons. No post here got any of that. Mocking SJW's for trying to force certain kinds of 'diversity' where it doesn't neccesarily fits isn't racism.

And as for disabled - the guy tried (maybe could phrase It differently to avoid unneeded fuss) to mock certain part of the horde playerbase, which Blizzard tends to be very quick to appease. He didn't even meant really disabled people, if I understood it well.

And from that single post you suddenly find the "high elf movement to be hijacked by ominous elements?" come on.

Really, the politically correct plague had gone too far. much too far.

14/11/2018 12:53Posted by Tyrniae
You mean enought reasons to make High Elves playable because of Gameplay, lore wise has already been debunked alot.

Most reasons to add playable high elves is because of lore and story, as I've just written in-length. Gamewise there are few arguments to settle, but they also got good responses, more then ever now, then alliance is the underdog in many aspects of the game.
14/11/2018 11:14Posted by Xelius
Helf=belf same race so hard to understand for 5 ppl who pump this thread christ sake

Velf are closer to belf than helf, and we got velf, so helf shouldn't be an issue, besides on US forum people made unique helf models that are much different than belf.
But one of the problem is that we are already flooded with (1/4th?) of the races being Elf

Thats nothing new for fantasy hell look at Eso they have 3 elf races and humans who descend from elves.
there is no difference between High Elves and Blood Elves. If you want to see a different take a look at the Night Elves and Nightborne, their history is different they have been apart for a long time and mutated in a different way, what does the High Elves have..?
Well whats the difference between kul tirans and humans?
yes one is fatter but that isn't a excuse to say high elves cant have a different model and culture wise, it has been over 10 years in game since they split dramatic changes in country's can case changes to culture and ways of life.
theres also the fact the half elves could be merged into them and have models that actually look different as the lore hints that high elves are mixing their bloodline with humans and other races.
And people be QQing to high heavens if they are not exactly copypaste of blood elves.
I really don't know what the fuss is about. I've read the post, and even if I would have said things in another way, it wasn't racist and it wasn't half as rude as the troll attacks we suffer from every day here. Mocking SJW's isn't racism.

Think about what is being said there. 'SJW ' is used as a pejorative. They basically were saying "You can have dark skinned elves to suit the SJW crowd"

Surely you can see the negative connotations there?

And as for disabled - the guy tried (maybe could phrase It differently to avoid unneeded fuss) to mock certain part of the horde playerbase, which Blizzard tends to be very quick to appease. He didn't even meant really disabled people, if I understood it well.

So why use the language they did? Seriously, are you defending that? It is not the only time they have used that phrase, nor the only time they have been called out on it. They have used it in quite a few threads now, not just this one. They know it is pretty offensive, and carry on using it, their intention is therefore to cause offense.

It -is- worse than the unwarranted mockery people get here, it is far worse. The mockery here tends to be "Ion said No, so you won't get them" Not "I suppose we could give High Elves coloured people to appease SJW's" as if in some way that is an acceptable turn of phrase. It is not "Half of the playerbase have Special Needs"

But sure, the "Ion said No" comments are somehow worse.

Seriously, the lack of condemnation of such language is a bit worrying. "It's OK if they are Pro-High Elf" is not an OK excuse. People are quick to slam the Anti-High Elf posters for just about anything they say, even including official Blizzard statements, yet you think what Retributor said was OK?

Come on...