Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

General
Prev 1 56 57 58 267 Next
13/06/2018 16:26Posted by Azrathel
Vereesa believes that the blood elves can be redeemed. Perhaps they can. But perhaps, and this is purely speculation, the Horde and the Alliance will cease to be what they are now. Perhaps new factions will emerge, that replace the current dichotomy, and we as players will have to choose. It could be a divide between the Light and the Void, like Taliesin and Evitel have suggested, or it could be something completely out of left field. And in that, most, if not all races, could become more or less "neutral". Which would mean that blood elves and high elves might actually reunite and go back to being one people. Or two, but divided differently, between the new factions. If that was planned, it would make sense to hold off with the high elves, and rather implement them as a part of the blood elves, who at that time, would no longer be a part of either the Horde or the Alliance.
That's an interesting take but I honestly highly doubt they are going to completely remove factions. Alliance vs Horde is such an iconic feature of Warcraft that it just won't be the same without it.

And considering how often Blizz writers mention 'bringing Silvermoon back into the Alliance' / 'redeeming Blood Elves' (nonsence, changing their political allegiance is not redemption) lately, as well as seeing how the Horde and Sylvanas are portrayed as evil monstrosities in BfA, I think it's more likely that they will make a group of Blood Elves rebel against the actions of their Warchief and defect to the Alliance. Even in the new novel, Sylvanas' personal mage, who is a Blood Elf, is described as wanting to be anywhere else, but there (near Sylvanas on the Horde meeting). That might also explain why there is not a single Blood Elf in the trailer and on the posters.
13/06/2018 20:25Posted by Итилион
I think it's more likely that they will make a group of Blood Elves rebel against the actions of their Warchief and defect to the Alliance.

Something, something about blizzard not repeating past stories.

We already had that one in MoP, although it was Lor'themar.

But the story is a old one, I doubt Blood Elves in general are very fond of Sylvanas, despite blizzard making all Horde leaders mindless puppets for the sake of moving the story forward.

I would not hold my breath for more Blood Elves defecting.
13/06/2018 18:08Posted by Meleron
13/06/2018 17:55Posted by Azrathel
...And thus endeth all reasons to discuss lore with you.

Possibly.

Because you agree? because frankly, I can not see why you would not. I mean, they have many good parts in their story but there are moments like that specific one that makes me scratch my head.

Could you perhaps change my mind? What kind of redemption does the Blood Elves need now?

13/06/2018 18:29Posted by Moritz
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Then comes the problem that she intertwines 'Blood Elf redemption' with 'Joining the Alliance'.

So in her eyes, the Blood Elves rejoining the Alliance would be their redemption, despite that fact that she should know that the Alliance themselves, and the third time even her and her group, pushed them away.

Not to mention that the Silver Covenant as a whole were against the idea of Blood Elves being admitted into the Kirin'tor, which could very well be a stepping stone.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

She is not allowed to be unhappy at all!

Well that's because in her eyes her people have sided with the evil bad guys.
I mean it makes sense why she feels how she does but she's still wrong XD

So now that you disagree with the writers' decisions,suddenly official lore is wrong and must be changed,huh?But when it concerns my opinions,you play the role of the writers' advocates and lore defenders...D@mned hypocrits.Moritz-Meleron i'll always be there to ruin your toxic rants...remember that bois!
14/06/2018 02:23Posted by Celestios
So now that you disagree with the writers' decisions,suddenly official lore is wrong and must be changed,huh?But when it concerns my opinions,you play the role of the writers' advocates and lore defenders...D@mned hypocrits.Moritz-Meleron i'll always be there to ruin your toxic rants...remember that bois!

They are professional nay sayers. There is no need to get worked up about it. They are doing the valuable job of being target practice for other people's arguments. At least they are coherent unlike a certain Undead Warlock.
There are at least five frequent posters that will defend Blood Elves to the death and twist lore to suit their needs. The greatest example being Kael's defection to the Legion that they pretend never happened. It's fine to argue with them but actually trying to change their views is like praying for the rain to stop.
So now that you disagree with the writers' decisions,suddenly official lore is wrong and must be changed,huh?

I would not say that I say that the lore is wrong, per se.

I am, however, pointing out just how ridicolous that statement by Vereesa is considering her involvement in the past.

You might also notice that I bash them for the entire Blood Elf storyline too, them joining the Horde etc. It is lazy and terrible writing, but that is just how the lore is.

You won't find me trying to twist and turn the lore, I will tell you that this is how the lore is, that is how it is set up.

Does not mean that I can not critisize it though or disagree with it.

14/06/2018 04:24Posted by Casira
The greatest example being Kael's defection to the Legion that they pretend never happened.

You gotta be the most...

You know what, I am quite sure you are in fact just here to troll and rile people up, this just confirmed it.

Possibly.

Because you agree? because frankly, I can not see why you would not. I mean, they have many good parts in their story but there are moments like that specific one that makes me scratch my head.

Could you perhaps change my mind? What kind of redemption does the Blood Elves need now?

Well that's because in her eyes her people have sided with the evil bad guys.
I mean it makes sense why she feels how she does but she's still wrong XD

My toxic rant of not thinking the blood elves need redemption but understanding why from her view they do?
Wow you really need your head examined mate if you can't tell toxic hate from me PARTICIPATING IN THE BLEEDING DISCUSSION.
Not once did I say the writers were wrong. I mean straight after she says it, sylvanas says they don't need her redemption. So clearly its not fact that they do is it?
Seriously get over yourself.
All you're doing is making this thread toxic yourself and making sure no actual conversation can go on.

My money is on you are 15 and all angsty. Its okay. We've all been there.
I think it's called depth. Characters and stories all have multiple sides to them. Vereesa sees things from her own perspectives, and not from Meleron's or mine. She believes the blood elves can be redeemed. Sylvanas' reaction even reveals (as I interpret it) that she doesn't believe the blood elves have anything to be redeemed from. It doesn't have to be either black or white. Sylvanas isn't either good or evil. The Light isn't either good or evil. Not even the Void is. And nor are the blood elves. So Vereesa believes that what she considers to be a betrayal, can be atoned for, and the betrayers can be redeemed for their crimes. Which can be viewed as quite big of her, considering the mana bomb that killed her husband.

Perhaps the Horde and the Alliance will stand as they do. But it would make sense, I guess if another, less voidy group of sin'dorei decided to defect from the Silvermoon faction and (re)join the Alliance.
14/06/2018 07:24Posted by Moritz
Wow you really need your head examined mate if
Why do you keep feeding him? Why aren't you just ignoring him? From the looks of it, he's using this discussion to learn how to troll, and you're just sponsoring his education.
14/06/2018 08:31Posted by Azrathel
I think it's called depth. Characters and stories all have multiple sides to them. Vereesa sees things from her own perspectives, and not from Meleron's or mine. She believes the blood elves can be redeemed. Sylvanas' reaction even reveals (as I interpret it) that she doesn't believe the blood elves have anything to be redeemed from. It doesn't have to be either black or white. Sylvanas isn't either good or evil. The Light isn't either good or evil. Not even the Void is. And nor are the blood elves. So Vereesa believes that what she considers to be a betrayal, can be atoned for, and the betrayers can be redeemed for their crimes. Which can be viewed as quite big of her, considering the mana bomb that killed her husband.

Thank you.
You seem to understand where I was coming from :)

I do wonder though if she will be a part of BfA or if she was only in the comic because it would be weird to leave a windrunner out.

It will be interesting to see where they take the dynamic in the future.
14/06/2018 08:33Posted by Azrathel
14/06/2018 07:24Posted by Moritz
Wow you really need your head examined mate if
Why do you keep feeding him? Why aren't you just ignoring him? From the looks of it, he's using this discussion to learn how to troll, and you're just sponsoring his education.

I know. Im sorry :(
Guess im easier to bait than I realised haha
There is still the very problem, that both she and the Alliance know for a fact, that they themselves are partially to blame for the Blood Elves being in the Horde in the first place.

Well, they SHOULD know, they have each been a part of the very events which pushed the Blood Elves towards the Horde in the first place.

It is either blizzard's attempt at 'greying' out certain characters, and I have seen blizzard's "grey" and "not black and white" writing, just look at Sylvanas, she is the greyest of grey.... according to blizzard.

No, this is an attempt to make a point-of-view, that much I can agree on. But thinking about it in relation to the overall story it still does not make sense, not only that, but she has never acted as forgiving and caring for the Blood Elves in the first place.

Now. What I am saying is that this writing is obviously bull!@#$, and if you had any sense you would quickly realise that this is becoming a very common theme when it comes to the stories leading up to BfA.

Did you know that Turalyon have met the most evil and vile of Forsaken despite the fact that he have not been on Azeroth since the second war and have only recently returned - Before the Storm.

There are lore snippets of it on the story forum.

There are so many inconsistencies, and this is among many of them.

The writers are clearly out of touch with past lore, it should be obvious.

Admittedly, this is nothing new.

Purge of Dalaran were also very inconsistent.

With Vereesa at the start I believe, saying she does not really like the idea of killing the Sunreavers.

And the next moment she says the player should go to the sewers and exterminate the Sunreavers like the lying rats they are.
14/06/2018 04:24Posted by Casira

They are professional nay sayers. There is no need to get worked up about it. They are doing the valuable job of being target practice for other people's arguments. At least they are coherent unlike a certain Undead Warlock.
There are at least five frequent posters that will defend Blood Elves to the death and twist lore to suit their needs. The greatest example being Kael's defection to the Legion that they pretend never happened. It's fine to argue with them but actually trying to change their views is like praying for the rain to stop.

Well,I'm glad you see them for what they are.I know these clowns are not going to change their minds,but how can we keep their toxic comments out of this important,to many, thread?They don't give the chance for new people to post and constantly try to change the subject.Isn't there someone responsible for the intergrity of the topic to ban them for posting in this very thread?Clearly,I've expressed my opinion,but I won't let these people dictate the outcome of this thread.
14/06/2018 13:39Posted by Meleron
There is still the very problem, that both she and the Alliance know for a fact, that they themselves are partially to blame for the Blood Elves being in the Horde in the first place.

Well, they SHOULD know, they have each been a part of the very events which pushed the Blood Elves towards the Horde in the first place.

It is either blizzard's attempt at 'greying' out certain characters, and I have seen blizzard's "grey" and "not black and white" writing, just look at Sylvanas, she is the greyest of grey.... according to blizzard.

No, this is an attempt to make a point-of-view, that much I can agree on. But thinking about it in relation to the overall story it still does not make sense, not only that, but she has never acted as forgiving and caring for the Blood Elves in the first place.

Now. What I am saying is that this writing is obviously bull!@#$, and if you had any sense you would quickly realise that this is becoming a very common theme when it comes to the stories leading up to BfA.

Did you know that Turalyon have met the most evil and vile of Forsaken despite the fact that he have not been on Azeroth since the second war and have only recently returned - Before the Storm.

There are lore snippets of it on the story forum.

There are so many inconsistencies, and this is among many of them.

Admittedly, this is nothing new.

Purge of Dalaran were also very inconsistent.

With Vereesa at the start I believe, saying she does not really like the idea of killing the Sunreavers.

And the next moment she says the player should go to the sewers and exterminate the Sunreavers like the lying rats they are.

It makes sense that although the Alliance may have pushed them away, that she would still look down on her people joining the group that she sees as an enemy.
I don't know if she does take responsibility or not though.
But either way it doesn't mean she can't dislike where they ended up.
I don't understand why people want so much Alliance to receive high elves.Aren't they exactly the same as belves?Isn't their model identical?I'm curious what is the reason to add something which does not differentiate with anything.I mean before becoming belves weren't they high elves?So their looks are the same.
14/06/2018 14:21Posted by Moritz
But either way it doesn't mean she can't dislike where they ended up.

That we can agree on.

As for whether she take responsibility or not, now that you mention that little tidbit.

Her "None of you were there for me when I needed you!"

Like... dude, your oldest sister sacrificed any chance of a decent living in Silvermoon to close the portal and save the world from the Horde, and the next oldest died defending the home you so quickly abandoned because of your new husbando.

She does come across as a spoiled, whiny baby sister.

I suppose blizzard took it to heart when I said that the now known High Elves are merely children throwing a childish tantrum.
14/06/2018 13:39Posted by Meleron

[/quote]

And you know better than everyone else,huh? Blizzard should definitely hire you?They must not let such an opportunity pass by...
Once,again,don't change the subject:
Quel'dorei as playable race
You are free to discuss your other stuff in a new thread.Let this thread evolve in a natural way...
14/06/2018 14:29Posted by Tiàm
I don't understand why people want so much Alliance to receive high elves.Aren't they exactly the same as belves?Isn't their model identical?I'm curious what is the reason to add something which does not differentiate with anything.I mean before becoming belves weren't they high elves?So their looks are the same.

2 reasons.
RP and wanting to play blood elf but not liking horde.
14/06/2018 14:31Posted by Celestios
Quel'dorei as playable race
You are free to discuss your other stuff in a new thread.Let this thread evolve in a natural way...

It's absolutely ridiculous this thread has somehow had to warrant 57 pages worth of discussion about a race that won't and shouldn't be in the game. I guess some people really don't take well to a no.
14/06/2018 14:29Posted by Tiàm

But why are the Silver Covenant and Sunreavers at each others' throats?They 've picked opposite sides.Why should the High Elf side be unplayable?You even have pandaren who can be both factions and are exactly the same,unlike Belves/Helves who have substantial differences!
Because most people in this game are playing elf females and most thinks that the blood elf female model is the hottest one so they flood the forums with ideas like redeye elves, vampire elves and blue eyes generic elves.

Everytime i enter a raid it reminds me of facing Zubats in a cave. Blood elf female, blood elf female, blood elf female. And void elves are getting very common too. Why people still likes blood elves in all forms and wants more is something i dont understand.

Normally doesnt humans get bored after seeing the same thing everywhere in a game? Like Zubats or Genericimpenemyinagamewithcolorswapnr45? Blood elves are something different. Only a few of the people are actually tired of seeing blood elf females in all forms taking a big spot of their raids. I dont understand whats so enjoyable playing or watching the same thin angryfaced elf everywhere.

Roleplaying servers are a joke because of the amount of people playing pretty races. I expected military guilds here but no its just pretty void elves and blood elves everywhere i go. Just shut the rp servers down.

A big reason i dont want high elves is because its time to focus on other races now.