Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

General
Prev 1 57 58 59 267 Next
14/06/2018 14:29Posted by Tiàm
I don't understand why people want so much Alliance to receive high elves.Aren't they exactly the same as belves?Isn't their model identical?I'm curious what is the reason to add something which does not differentiate with anything.I mean before becoming belves weren't they high elves?So their looks are the same.

Plus I see that you're playing a Nightborne.Aren't nightborne exactly the same with Night Elves.They are Night elves that were changed in appearance by the Nightwell.Their case is very similar to the Belves'-Highelves'.Does appearance also dictate their perspective of who they see as their allies/enemies?I think not.Basically that's why they gave us Void Elves with Nightborne going Horde.It's nuts that they did't give us the Helves instead...
14/06/2018 14:35Posted by Terajo
14/06/2018 14:31Posted by Celestios
Quel'dorei as playable race
You are free to discuss your other stuff in a new thread.Let this thread evolve in a natural way...

It's absolutely ridiculous this thread has somehow had to warrant 57 pages worth of discussion about a race that won't and shouldn't be in the game. I guess some people really don't take well to a no.

I'm sure it will stop when the expansion comes out as then there will be actual wow stuff to talk about.
Until then, other than allied races there isn't too much to discuss
I don't understand why people want so much Alliance to receive high elves.Aren't they exactly the same as belves?Isn't their model identical?I'm curious what is the reason to add something which does not differentiate with anything.I mean before becoming belves weren't they high elves?So their looks are the same.

Depending on how you look at it, Blood Elves are still High Elves.

Blood Elves and High Elves are as similar as a danish, swedish, and norwegian person.

If not even more so. You could have a High Elf on Alliance side who is the brother, sister, mother, or father to a Blood Elf on Horde side. The thing that seperates them are their allegiance. The High Elves' allegiance are to the Alliance, whereas the Blood Elves' allegiance are to their own people, be they High Elf or Blood Elf.

And the Blood Elves will generally cooperate with the faction that does not !@#$ them over.

Hence their loyalties to the Horde.

We must put this misery behind us. We must enter a new chapter! And so I say to you that, as of this day, we are no longer high elves! In honor of the blood that was shed throughout this kingdom, in honor of the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters, our parents, and our children, in honor of Anasterian... as of this day we will take the name of our royal lineage! As of this day, we are sin'dorei! For Quel'Thalas! Hail to the sin'dorei!

Kael'thas, Blood of the Highborne.

You may not care for your subjects, but I care for mine. I have lost far, far too much in dealing with humans. I stand only for the elves now - for the sin'dorei. The children of the blood.

Kael'thas, Arthas: Rise of the Lich King.

While Blood Elves generally disagreed with Kael'thas' later actions, such as his dealings with the Legion, him having his people subjugate themselves to fel (Some Blood Elves under Kael'thas in Outland defected, it was not only the scryers, and returned home) certain sentiments seems to have carried over.

Such as the distrust of humans, and the respect for those who died trying to defend Quel'thalas - hence the name Blood Elves.
And you know better than everyone else,huh? Blizzard should definitely hire you?

Oh boy... if only.

The one thing I would make sure of if they hired me, before quitting the job, is to have the High Elves killed, permanently.

That should put a stop to everything.

And they are not even going to lose any money because of it!
14/06/2018 14:41Posted by Celestios

Plus I see that you're playing a Nightborne.Aren't nightborne exactly the same with Night Elves.They are Night elves that were changed in appearance by the Nightwell.Their case is very similar to the Belves'-Highelves'.Does appearance also dictate their perspective of who they see as their allies/enemies?I think not.Basically that's why they gave us Void Elves with Nightborne going Horde.It's nuts that they did't give us the Helves instead...

As far as i see it is ears,skin colour, hair colour and tatoos.What if they use the same skeleton.Blizzard have just been lazy.

Thanks for the answer @Meleron.Now it makes more scence

Blood Elves and High Elves are as similar as a danish, swedish, and norwegian person.

And the Blood Elves will generally cooperate with the faction that does not !@#$ them over.

While Blood Elves generally disagreed with Kael'thas' later actions, such as his dealings with the Legion, him having his people subjugate themselves to fel (Some Blood Elves under Kael'thas in Outland defected, it was not only the scryers, and returned home) certain sentiments seems to have carried over.

[/quote]
1)Exactly! Would the Danish,Swedish and Norwegians like to be generalised as one people.What about their culture,traditions and different characteristics in general?Another great example ar Ukrainians-Russians.You can say they're same but you don't want the Ukrainians hear you say that...Same goes for Belves/Helves.

2)You've been repeating that but Wow Alliance is Stormwind Alliance,which is far different from the vanquished kingdoms near Lordaeron.

3)Kael was an awsome character,that was unfairly turned into a villain by Blizzard.I'd rather they made him a neutral faction in Outland than murder him like that.
14/06/2018 14:50Posted by Tiàm
14/06/2018 14:41Posted by Celestios

As far as i see it is ears,skin colour, hair colour and tatoos.What if they use the same skeleton.Blizzard have just been lazy.

Thanks for the answer @Meleron.Now it makes more scence

They don't just use the same skeleton...They are Night Elves lore-wise.That is common knowledge if you pay the slightest attention at story...
And you know better than everyone else,huh? Blizzard should definitely hire you?

The one thing I would make sure of if they hired me, before quitting the job, is to have the High Elves killed, permanently.

That should put a stop to everything.

[/quote]
And that's why I say you don't belong in this thread.Thank you for admitting it at the very least...
14/06/2018 14:55Posted by Celestios
1)Exactly! Would the Danish,Swedish and Norwegians like to be generalised as one people.What about their culture,traditions and different characteristics in general?

No matter how much we scandinavians likes to tease one another, we are still very much alike with our differences being very minor, both in appearance and in culture, heck, even our traditions are largely the same.

But that is to be expected when we all share ancestry. It is only our languages that are vastly different, and that says quite a lot.

As I said, the only difference between a High Elf and a Blood Elf is their allegiance. Well, unless we count the fact that High Elves are whiny little !@#$%es who are having childish tantrums... of course.

2)You've been repeating that but Wow Alliance is Stormwind Alliance,which is far different from the vanquished kingdoms near Lordaeron.

Very true.

But the Night Elven, and Dwarven saboteurs and spies in Eversong Woods are not the vanquished Kingdoms near Lordaeron, they are the current Alliance. The Blood Elves gave that Alliance a chance, but were still betrayed.

3)Kael was an awsome character,that was unfairly turned into a villain by Blizzard.I'd rather they made him a neutral faction in Outland than murder him like that.

Much of TBC did not make sense.

The Alliance's treatment of the Blood Elves was weird, our attack on Illidan was kinda weird, etc.

The story in general in that expansion was a mess, and the Blood Elves got a weird storyline to push them into the Horde in order to create faction balance, not because blizzard wanted to make a reasonable story.

The story in general in that expansion was a mess, and the Blood Elves got a weird storyline to push them into the Horde in order to create faction balance, not because blizzard wanted to make a reasonable story.

But the Night Elven, and Dwarven saboteurs and spies in Eversong Woods are not the vanquished Kingdoms near Lordaeron

This has been my point in this whole thread.That's why Blizzard thinking playable high elves are unreasonable,is a cheap excuse...
About your second point,the night elven/dwarven saboteurs were there after they decided to make alliance look bad against the Belves tho...
No matter how much we scandinavians likes to tease one another, we are still very much alike with our differences being very minor, both in appearance and in culture, heck, even our traditions are largely the same.
The Swedes have a lot of cool cultural traditions that we Norwegians lack. The May Pole, for instance, or the Easter hags and traditional Easter fireworks. We don't have that at all in Norway.

It is only our languages that are vastly different, and that says quite a lot.
Our languages can hardly be called different at all, and I'd argue that they're more like dialects of a common Scandinavian language than separate languages.

As I said, the only difference between a High Elf and a Blood Elf is their allegiance.
And eye colour, and some skin colours, and and access to their home lands, and attitudes towards magic and addictions.

Well, unless we count the fact that High Elves are whiny little !@#$%es who are having childish tantrums... of course.
For the sake of argument, let's count that too. That's probably how many blood elves view high elves, and makes another great point about their differences.

But the Night Elven, and Dwarven saboteurs and spies in Eversong Woods are not the vanquished Kingdoms near Lordaeron, they are the current Alliance. The Blood Elves gave that Alliance a chance, but were still betrayed.
I know! The Alliance is evil, right? And the high elves that side with them are traitors, right? Keep up the divide! High elves aren't blood elves!

14/06/2018 15:19Posted by Meleron
the Blood Elves got a weird storyline to push them into the Horde in order to create faction balance, not because blizzard wanted to make a reasonable story.
I kind of agree. A lot of that story felt a bit forced. And I love how so many high elves stayed with or turned back to the Alliance.
just give us high elves cba with ugly races.
Dont understand why people are forced to be pretty princess elves ingame. Isnt it better to love one self irl and just play any race they find interesting ingame?
14/06/2018 16:14Posted by Azrathel
The Swedes have a lot of cool cultural traditions that we Norwegians lack. The May Pole, for instance, or the Easter hags and traditional Easter fireworks. We don't have that at all in Norway.

Danes always have a cinnamon and peber tradition, etc etc, where we are supposed to give one another cinnamon and/or peber in the scenario that we have not gotten married at the age of 25.

This is not even followed or even remembered by a large part if I am not mistaken, so yeah.

Our languages can hardly be called different at all, and I'd argue that they're more like dialects of a common Scandinavian language than separate languages.

You seem to miss the point.

I was basically saying that our languages are not that different, so considering that the language is what is the most different between all scandinavians says a lot about how different we aren't at all.

And eye colour, and some skin colours, and and access to their home lands, and attitudes towards magic and addictions.

Blood Elves also still have the same much paler skin colour, attitudes towards magic is pretty much the same, and I don't understand attitude towards the addiction? I bet all of them believe the addiction is a !@#$ty thing.

With that said, the Alliance High Elves are pretty divided there. Quel'danil is pretty much the only lodge that went cold turkey when it comes to magic, Quel'lithien were not that mad about the Blood Elves joining the Horde but were not happy with the Blood Elves siphoning magic from living creatures, the Silver Covenant does not seem to care about the siphoning magic part but are not fond of the Blood Elves having joined the Horde, they are pretty divided in their opinions regarding the Blood Elves.

Admittedly, the Quel'lithien High Elves were of course not happy about the forsaken attacking them... obviously.

As for eye colour, some Blood Elves have the blue glow, and technical issues has made it so that some High Elves do not have green eyes and some Blood Elves do not have blue eyes.

Aethas Sunreaver for one should have blue eyes, the High Elves from Allerian Outpost should have green eyes.

That's probably how many blood elves view high elves

No... that is how I view the High Elves.

I know! The Alliance is evil, right? And the high elves that side with them are traitors, right? Keep up the divide! High elves aren't blood elves!

Very true... High Elves are not Blood Elves, but Blood Elves ARE High Elves.

14/06/2018 16:33Posted by Kanade
just give us high elves cba with ugly races.

Straight back male orcs are not ugly.

They are not dudes, they are men, handsome, muscular men.
One thing is for certain.Void Elves are much closer to Blood Elves,than Blood Elves are to High Elves.VE started dabbling with the Void to empower their people and endure the upcoming enemies that will threaten their race,the same thing Belves have been doing ever since they were ahnnilated by the Scourge.Why on earth would they be exiled for doing just that?Other Belves should have respected them even more for their efforts instead of throwing them out.Now they may have given us VE, so they look much different from BE, but couldnt they just give us HE versions of the brand new VE hair/facial hair options?Why did they have to mess it all up with the void crap,which should be much more rare than blue eyed HE in the first place...It's just a very poor decision and with no important reasons to back it up.Unless,they did it because they feared it would kill the Horde?If Horde is mostly BE though,it deserves to die imo...
14/06/2018 18:00Posted by Celestios
the same thing Belves have been doing ever since they were ahnnilated by the Scourge.

What do you mean?

Why on earth would they be exiled for doing just that?Other Belves should have respected them even more for their efforts instead of throwing them out.

This is why I DEMANDED that Umbric and his radicals be exiled, anyone who treats with the void is a DANGER to the sunwell!

• Rommath
  • It was a rather radical (I know, irony) decision to have the Void Elves exiled for insisting on researching further into the void, but Rommath obviously knew the possible consequences of them doing so and having strong presences of void close to the Sunwell.

The Void Elves basically presented a danger to the very thing which sustains the Blood Elves and High Elves alike.

Umbric and his gang were already warned but they insisted on going ahead with their plan, so they were exiled.

This whole take is from the Nightborne unlock questline, btw.

Why did they have to mess it all up with the void crap

Possibly because the High Elves do not have a personal story to tell anymore, the little cutscene in Suramar basically served to tell people that - High Elves are just humans with pointy ears, they are nothing anymore despite what people may dream. There is not much for the High Elves anymore.

The Void elves though are... somewhat different, and they have great potential for future story developement when we really get into all the void vs light stuff. It'll be interesting to see.

But it is blizzard so they'll probably fail.

No... that is how I view the High Elves.
    And I suspect that you're not the only one, and that a lot of blood elves lore wise would share that opinion.
    the same thing Belves have been doing ever since they were ahnnilated by the Scourge.

1)What do you mean?

This is why I DEMANDED that Umbric and his radicals be exiled, anyone who treats with the void is a DANGER to the sunwell!

2)The Void Elves basically presented a danger to the very thing which sustains the Blood Elves and High Elves alike.

Umbric and his gang were already warned but they insisted on going ahead with their plan, so they were exiled.

Why did they have to mess it all up with the void crap

3)Possibly because the High Elves do not have a personal story to tell anymore, the little cutscene in Suramar basically served to tell people that - High Elves are just humans with pointy ears, they are nothing anymore despite what people may dream. There is not much for the High Elves anymore.

1)I mean that Belves have already done a lot of risky stuff in order to become stronger and survive as a race.Why would they suddenly have second thoughts to pursue a new source of power?

2)So you're saying that Alleria has made a pact with Umbric,even though she knows his VEs were deliberately putting her people in danger by studying the Void near the Sunwell?Or was it just Rommath that knew about this 'danger' and everyone else was just being naive about it?Even if the danger is real,why kick them out of the Horde,when they could have just explained the situation and send them at Orgrimmar maybe...???To claim the power of the Void for the Belves while keeping the Sunwell safe?

3)Exactly High Elves are very close to humans,who are basically the founders of the Alliance.They are part of the Alliance's core,so their story is deeply connected to that of their faction.Why do they need a side story to be playable?Besides there are other allied races who can't have sth interesting happening with them in the future.High Elves have been part of events of immense importance,therefore they should have been an alliance race long before the allied races concept was intoduced to the game.
    14/06/2018 19:53Posted by Celestios
    1)I mean that Belves have already done a lot of risky stuff in order to become stronger and survive as a race.Why would they suddenly have second thoughts to pursue a new source of power?

2)So you're saying that Alleria has made a pact with Umbric,even though she knows his VEs were deliberately putting her people in danger by studying the Void near the Sunwell?Or was it just Rommath that knew about this 'danger' and everyone else was just being naive about it?Even if the danger is real,why kick them out of the Horde,when they could have just explained the situation and send them at Orgrimmar maybe...???To claim the power of the Void for the Belves while keeping the Sunwell safe?

The Blood Elves sought to survive, indeed. Kael'thas wanted to find a cure for the magical addiction, he did not find a cure but he found another method - siphoning magic from living beings. He sent Rommath back to teach the Blood Elves in Silvermoon the same ability, mind you, Rommath only taught them how to siphon arcane magic because he knew most Blood Elves would be horrified by the idea of fel.

As for becoming stronger, that was not what the Blood Elves sought after though. It just happens to be a negative effect of an addiction withdrawal that you feel weaker, in the case of the High Elves, get weaker.

And yes, Alleria did make a pact with the Void Elves knowing that the void is a danger to the Sunwell, was Rommath the only one who knew? I don't know, but he certainly knew because him saying that the void is a danger was in relation to Alleria, who despite Rommath's cries for her to stop, still stepped towards the Sunwell and decide to poke it

BOOM

Void !@#$ all over the place!

They were exiled from Quel'thalas and remember, I mentioned that the Blood Elves' loyalities were to their own people first and whatever other faction second. There was no reason to stay with the Horde, and the offer of proper training under Alleria is certainly alluring when the other option is to go mad and become a servant of the void, would you not agree?

3)Exactly High Elves are very close to humans,who are basically the founders of the Alliance.They are part of the Alliance's core,so their story is deeply connected to that of their faction.Why do they need a side story to be playable?Besides there are other allied races who can't have sth interesting happening with them in the future.High Elves have been part of events of immense importance,therefore they should have been an alliance race long before the allied races concept was intoduced to the game.

Every other race have their own identity.

The High Elves don't. Might as well just play a human at this point. The High Elves people speak of and want to play are very well represented by the Blood Elves, they are lithe rangers roaming great forests, skilled with bow, arrow, and magic. They are beautiful, fair, with pointy ears.

Regardless of factions, they are what people really want to play - just on Alliance side. And this is where the dwarf comparison comes in.
    14/06/2018 19:40Posted by Azrathel
    And I suspect that you're not the only one, and that a lot of blood elves lore wise would share that opinion.

Some Blood Elves in lore are more empathetic (Lor'themar and Halduron), others view the High Elves as the worst traitors in history (Rommath)

Regardless though, none of them fancies the idea of killing High Elves, their own brethren.

Sadly the same can not be said for High Elves.