Quel'dorei High Elves as an Alliance allied race

General
Prev 1 78 79 80 267 Next
Please just let it die its not gonna happen it has been said so already
As in the words of the once so famous Euro-techno group 2Unlimited:

"No no no no no no no no no no no no"

If You want to play High Elves come to the Horde, we have cookies... and High elves. Just give Bloodelves a blue-eyed customization option.
Alliance has its high elfs see I have blue eyes and more :)
High elves -> blood elves -> void elves (alliance).

Id rather see some old races heritage armor. Would be much cooler than high elfs playable. They are technically playable (void elves)
30/07/2018 12:35Posted by Azrathel
How we have kept our honour through and through. I present to you this symbol of who we are as a people. The Icon of Endurance.https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/433270544218062849/473234583291297802/Icon_of_Endurance.pngRather than using a recolour of the blood elves' Icon of Blood, I humbly suggest that we, as a high elf movement, use this as our version of the high elven racial crest.

I don't like it. It is a Silver Covenant symbol, it isn't a High Elf thing, I mean the artistry is lovely, and as a Silver Covenant icon it would be amazing, but it only says Silver Cov to me, not High Elf.

High elves are the ones that didn't succumb to the mana addiction the way the blood elves did.

Woo Woo Woo, Lore Police. Put down the Headcanon and step away! (I'm joking) Both Blood Elves and High Elves had exactly the same mana addiction. I mean how could they not, they were the exact same people. It was (And still is) the same. Blood Elves went "Hmm, we can eat mana from animals, fair enough" High Elves went Militant Vegan. The Addiction was -exactly- the same, and ironically those who succumbed to it, were generally High Elves, who would refuse to drain from Mana-Vermin, then suddenly get a hit and go Wretched.

High elves are the ones that remained with the Alliance. High elves are the ones that never joined the Horde.

One of these statements is true. They didn't -remain- with the Alliance. Quel'thalas was a neutral state. 90% of the High Elves did however join the Horde. But it is simply not true that they 'Betrayed' the Alliance. You can't Betray something you don't belong to.

High elves are the ones that found other ways to endure the magical withdrawal, who felt the way the blood elves solved their problems were wrong.

Generally 'Plot Armour'.

"Gee golly whiz, if it was -this- easy to stave off the mana addiction, just putting on a blue tabard and thinking happy thoughts, why did the Blood Elves start draining mana-rats?" "I don't know son, maybe we need them to be sickening sadists for story narrative for it to make sense" "But Pa, ninety percent of the race are still in Quel'thalas, Golly, what if...what if its -us- who suddenly has to make sense for story narrative and don't make much sense?"

Cue Horrified High Elf father looking at the camera as the realisation sets in that they're a wee bit lore shaky.

Also, reminder that the only thing keeping High Elves out of Silvermoon these days is their own Hubris, Lor'themar repealed the Exile. They've mingled with humans too long, Three of their most famous even took human males as lovers. One day, one day, the High Elves will be redeemed, and rejoin Quel'thalas.
Last thread capped. (2000 replies)

Alliance High Elves as a Playable Race
The Horde has no right to monopolize a specific aesthetic anymore than the Alliance does, and the fact this was alluded to as an acceptable answer to the matter is nothing short of ludicrous.

Yes well the Horde used to monopolize the hunchback Quasimodo aesthetic but then you got worgens and you can be hunchbacks just like most of us now too. Lucky you!
30/07/2018 12:57Posted by Eledinath
As in the words of the once so famous Euro-techno group 2Unlimited:

"No no no no no no no no no no no no"

If You want to play High Elves come to the Horde, we have cookies... and High elves. Just give Bloodelves a blue-eyed customization option.

You have vile traitors that succumbed to the fel and allied with Horde scum.I need to roll a noble high elf of the Alliance,reclaim my homeland and remove your filth from Azeroth!!!
I love how all these people saying "No more Elves or Please stop" are being held by gunpoint and forced to read these threads... poor fools.
30/07/2018 16:51Posted by Celestios
You have vile traitors that succumbed to the fel and allied with Horde scum.I need to roll a noble high elf of the Alliance,reclaim my homeland and remove your filth from Azeroth!!!

I...don't think you have read the lore, have you?
30/07/2018 16:54Posted by Katheríne
I love how all these people saying "No more Elves or Please stop" are being held by gunpoint and forced to read these threads... poor fools.
Specially since there are at max 4 races of elves left.
One being High elves which is constantly slapped in our faces.
Another being the San'layn which blizzard have hinted towards in BFA... 3rd being Satyrs which there is still plenty off
and last would be Nagas, whom we will neve see playable unless they decide to make ones that walk on legs.

Nope. Most just read them because it is filled with fanatics that claim their headcanons as lore.

So we just intervene from time to time to show them proof, blizzard approved, that they are just some fools that didn't even bother to read the story of the game they are playing.
30/07/2018 17:23Posted by Dudas

Nope. Most just read them because it is filled with fanatics that claim their headcanons as lore.

So we just intervene from time to time to show them proof, blizzard approved, that they are just some fools that didn't even bother to read the story of the game they are playing.

So you intervene to show you are the bigger fanatics... Kinda sad dontcha think?
fanatics that claim their headcanons as lore.
Also known as WoW.
Sad is that their ignorant shell cannot be penetrated with wisdom.
Alliance High/Half Elves playable now!!
Silver Covenant Faction and Silver Enclave as starting zone!
30/07/2018 17:32Posted by Katheríne
So you intervene to show you are the bigger fanatics... Kinda sad dontcha think?

With that limited logic of yours you could call all lawyers in their respective countries fanatics because they defend the constitution of their states and say what is wrong and what is right based on the written laws that are in place.

As always "logical" and "lovely" debates around this part where people don't even bother to read ALL the stories written for the game they play.

Bigger fanatics against the addition of something that’s been asked quite a lot for a really long time.Too sad if you ask me.But let them argue.Keeps the thread alive.
Well.. Im no big fan of how blizzard handled the "Void Elf lore".. They could have made us all former members of the high elves (Blue eyed alliance elves) That went off to a void planet for research, instead of being Blood Elves that were kicked out of silvermoon...
30/07/2018 17:43Posted by Dudas
As always "logical" and "lovely" debates around this part where people don't even bother to read ALL the stories written for the game they play.
Explain this...
http://www.wowhead.com/npc=133704/high-elf-sorceress#comments
https://i.redd.it/w111flh2oml01.png

The Silver covenant might not have a well defined background, they were however clearly added as full members to the alliance after the portal incident in Dalaran that caused the Sunreavers to get kicked out.
30/07/2018 17:43Posted by Dudas

With that limited logic of yours you could call all lawyers in their respective countries fanatics because they defend the constitution of their states and say what is wrong and what is right based on the written laws that are in place.

Your statements make as sense as a flying chicken.I don’t care about your vast knowledge of the lore.High elves have been in the alliance since before the release of the mmo.I know this because I’ve played the games and this is reason enough to have them playable.Everything else is obsolete nonsense that don’t change this simple fact,for which this thread was created...
Whilst I agree with this thread in principle in practicality terms it will NEVER happen so get use to the idea. I know the lore I played all of the original RTS games but if anyone is to blame it is Blizzard and how they change the lore of this game to suit their own agenda and that sucks but it is what it is.

Suggest moving on and sucking up this will never happen.