DK vs DH resource Generation

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
Hi all,

after some testing with DH and DK I have to say that something is incredibly off.

First VDH:

- amazing mobility
- comparable dmg to DK
- unique 5% magic debuff
- AoE stun
- ok defensive toolkit
- Magic dispel that awards resource
- Interrupt that awards resource
- incredible resource generation

as opposed to BDK:

- Death Grip
- Battle res
- meh defensives
- arguably the worst mobility of all tanks (the argument for slow but deadly is completely invalid as DK does not do that much more dmg than other speccs)

As a VDH I have situations where I do not know how to spend all the Pain generated. As BDK I am starved half of the time. Reap Magic was a good tool to smooth things over in some situations (remember that you can't depend on Reap Magic because no every mob has something to purge) and you decided to remove that.
Fine, I can live with that, but atleast compensate or make the specc a bit smoother. I believe many people would be glad to see one of the following:

- make Dark Simulacrum Baseline
- make Mind Freeze generate Runic Power
- reduce the CD of Dancing Rune Weapon to 1.5 min and give it 12 second uptime-
- make the Artifact Trait Mouth of Hell baseline (my favorite, as of right now you need to Marrowrend two times (4 runes) to get max stacks of Bone Shield + you overcap (waste a few stacks))

And yes, I realize that our Resource Generation will improve with better Gear but the same thing holds true for VDH also.

Soo yeah, what do my fellow testers think?
18/05/2018 20:51Posted by Vraskah

Just no. Generally all Dk specs need old refund talents back to make gameplay fluid, such as choice between Blood Rune, Runic Empowerment and Runic Corruption. Tying spec to have one random type of refund is just stupid.
18/05/2018 22:45Posted by Mönkiäinen

Tying spec to have one random type of refund is just stupid.

Fair enough.
In my experience why I really dislike Blood Dk playstyle is how boring it is. Aside it being really good among tanks it really lack of any flesh in gameplay. Like Runetap being a must pick, having really high haste/versa build and BloodTap being tied to Boneshield aside from how it used to work. Aka being tied to runes you spend.

In BfA you lose everything.

- make Dark Simulacrum Baseline

- reduce the CD of Dancing Rune Weapon to 1.5 min and give it 12 second uptime-
- make the Artifact Trait Mouth of Hell baseline

Why these aren't a thing among DK?? There is bunch of old core abilities and talents which enhance the Gameplay. But atm we have just pruned talents which give some of the old stuff back.
The common belief on american forums seems to be that the internal CD on Bone Shield falling off is broken. That might be the case. But Blizzard has done nothing to address how starved blood DK is atm. I don't think they care.

The last response was: "Stacks of Bone Armor should not fall off faster than before. Blood is fine." >.<