Elemental Shaman

Shaman
1 2 3 6 Next
Buff them. please. for the love of god. <edit> we need more mobility!
24/05/2018 08:11Posted by Fatplatypus
for anyone who says "you have gust of wind" you know what to do with yourself..

You have ghost wolf?
24/05/2018 08:39Posted by Wic
24/05/2018 08:11Posted by Fatplatypus
for anyone who says "you have gust of wind" you know what to do with yourself..

You have ghost wolf?
oh really? can we cast while running with ghost wolf? hmm...
I can see

Shamans are so cool in class fantasy to me, maybe the best class.
In low high end levels I managed to play my ele, by far the best dps for kind of spells.
The entire resto healing spells are so appealing, water, rain and all. But if you try to run some bg you're being massacrated bcs you don't have moblity.

If shamans were more agile I'm sure I'd play them way more than now
Buff elemental in general.
I played elemental shaman and loved it doing quests and solo content but as soon I entered a dungeon. Throwing away some spells takes ages and by than everything is pretty much killed by your teammates.
I know enhancment is very much liked and played such a shaman aswell. But really want too play and love elemental but one feel pretty much useless when doing dungeons. Raids is a little bit better but dungeons one feel one are not doing much compared too one group members.
Have not read up on elemental in Bfa but hope for some positive changes.
24/05/2018 08:45Posted by Fatplatypus
24/05/2018 08:39Posted by Wic

You have ghost wolf?
oh really? can we cast while running with ghost wolf? hmm...

Nah, I feel you bro. Tried a bit of mythic progress raiding as ele shaman myself, in Nighthold. I was a bit undergeared as well, tried my darndest to make up for it by playing well. Lack of mobility made that very hard though. Too hard for me.
Hey Fatplatypus,

First you'll notice that I edited your post a bit, since you really need to adhere to a certain code of conduct while posting.

Now thanks for the feedback on this matter, but what I would suggest that you provide to us, is specific circumstances, or specific buffs that you believe that are needed. I'm looking forward to read about your ideas, and suggestions on how to improve upon the spec!
24/05/2018 09:44Posted by Vossprey
Hey Fatplatypus,

First you'll notice that I edited your post a bit, since you really need to adhere to a certain code of conduct while posting.

Now thanks for the feedback on this matter, but what I would suggest that you provide to us, is specific circumstances, or specific buffs that you believe that are needed. I'm looking forward to read about your ideas, and suggestions on how to improve upon the spec!

I think spirit walker (2 minute cd for walking + casting for some time) should be allowed for elemental too. elemental has already 'no instants' (like for example fire mage), and also gust is a talent but is no blink (= instant = faster). Flame shock is a maelstrom consumer you want to use as less as possible.

The other damage is coming from continue casting spells with an instant earth shock when above an amount of maelstrom. Free lava burst procs are not that often.

I understand, especially with gamble build, the class is heavy based on RNG. But the numbers are mostly coming from chain lightning (and stormkeeper) = multi target. Ascendance is great, but you still rely on casting lava bursts.

Elemental is just missing something. Lets see what happens when spirit walker is added?
Hey Fatplatypus,

Hello Vossprey

Thanks for the replay.

Please take a look at the following Posts:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20764516541?page=1

and

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20763916278?page=1

There is a lot of good Feedback for BfA and we Shamans are very eager with our suggsestions and concerns and we would very much like a Feedback.

Thanks
Hey Fatplatypus,

Well 1: damage that can compete with other classes, 2: bring back lightning bolt + running, 3: make totems more effective , 4: make the class more interesting because i'm a bit tired of oh you're a shaman just put down your 50 totems stereotype.
24/05/2018 09:04Posted by Garroona
Buff elemental in general.
I played elemental shaman and loved it doing quests and solo content but as soon I entered a dungeon. Throwing away some spells takes ages and by than everything is pretty much killed by your teammates.
I know enhancment is very much liked and played such a shaman aswell. But really want too play and love elemental but one feel pretty much useless when doing dungeons. Raids is a little bit better but dungeons one feel one are not doing much compared too one group members.
Have not read up on elemental in Bfa but hope for some positive changes.
Agreed! and in Bfa they completely ruined elemental for me.. and what you said about enhancement is very true it's a very strong op class, one of the best atm, which is kind of unfair.. i've actually realized something and that 70% of melees do way more dmg than casters in most situations which is kindof unfair tbh.
I would love to see gust of wind back...
But for me that is all about the fun factor. I just love to press that button. I don't even know if it's good for mobility because I play very casual but it's just so much fun, especially while being outdoors.
Try timing your instant LvB procs, Stormkeeper charges, Earth shocks or Flame shock refreshes for moving and in general plan your movement beforehand and position well to minimize moving.

24/05/2018 10:04Posted by Fatplatypus
3: make totems more effective

Yea, lets make Totem mastery even more mandatory talent than before.
Hey Fatplatypus,

Can´t tell if you are beeing sarcastic or not, cant you really tell right now in the beta?
-Lava Burst crits even tho you dont have flame shock on the target.
-High voltage overloads lightning bolts instead of chain lightning.
- Frost shock is not worth using ever because of the damage it does.

These are just some of the things that are currently wrong not to mention the slow maelstrom generation and movement issues we have, remeber WoD? that was fun wasnt it? oh boy cant wait to have stuff like multistrike or earthen rage again loool.
24/05/2018 10:04Posted by Fatplatypus
Well 1: damage that can compete with other classes, 2: bring back lightning bolt + running, 3: make totems more effective , 4: make the class more interesting because i'm a bit tired of oh you're a shaman just put down your 50 totems stereotype.

So basically "Buff Shamans" How do you suggest they are buffed?
Battle of Azeroth, as I thought in first place, should have been PVP expansion but what you have done for this class in beta makes this spec just trash for killing, totally useless. It is sad, i fell in love in this spec even in arenas where the enemy is focused 100% on me because i dont have any deffensivness and I am easy target.
Please, don't prune classes, don't make MOBa game
The hope, seeing there was a blue post for elemental, then the disappointment at seeing it was just a 'behave' type of post :(
Hey Fatplatypus,

What I would like to see for BFA is
1. Don't remove Gust of Wind
2. Don't put a cooldown on Flame Shock
3. Earth Shield, wtf is this? Make it a damage reduction OR it should increase all healing done on the target, not just the casting shamans healing. I mean, boosting an ele shamans heals by 10% isn't gonna do much good. We'd be better off taking the spirit wolf talent in almost every scenario.
4. As mentioned by someone else, make the maelstrom generator Lightning Bolt castable while moving.
5. More maelstrom generation, all our hard hitters costs maelstrom. It's not fun to spam 15 lightning bolts before you can do some actual damage.

Elemental is awesome in Legion, please don't destroy it. (Im sure I will get some critique for saying that it's current form is great, but surely there are people that agree with me)
That's just off the top of my head. Im sure I could think of more stuff, but Im at work so I at least have to pretend to do something useful around here. :D