#NO CHANGES!! .. But.. TMog?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
not adding a feature

But you are.

You are arguing for implementing a feature that will have an effect on Classic. You said it yourself: an increased player base.

But one of the things you don't know is how big this increase will be or how they'd act. Hypothetically, there could be several thousands of players who'd go to Classic to collect a transmog, or it could be just a few hundred. They could flood Deadmines or not. They could seriously affect the dungeon experience of a lot of other players, or not. The point is, you don't know. Nobody does.

This would be a feature that was not available in Vanilla. For the development team to overlook this kind of uncertainty as to how this feature would affect the gameplay or player behavior, you'd need a cery compelling argument. Not just because you'd like it and you don't see the downsides.
25/05/2018 13:06Posted by Hedhel
You are arguing for implementing a feature that will have an effect on Classic. You said it yourself: an increased player base.

The problem as well is that it would be an artificially inflated player base and distort playing figures. Many of those people would leave the instant they got what they came for.
You are arguing for implementing a feature that will have an effect on Classic.

The feature is already existing on the retail servers. That feature won't be implemented onto the Classic servers.

A "scan" of what the player does in Classic will add things on retail. There is nothing changed in Classic from "Vanilla".

It is just the same as having your personal Game Master from retail watching your live stream of you playing Classic WoW and unlocking every item for transmog that you loot in Classic on your retail account for transmogging.

There is NOTHING implemented into Classic that is not "Vanilla". Making that "Scan" automatical won't change anything.
A "scan" of what the player does in Classic will add things on retail. There is nothing changed in Classic from "Vanilla".

There is NOTHING implemented into Classic that is not "Vanilla". Making that "Scan" automatical won't change anything.

I know full well what you mean, but how can you argue nothing will be changed. You're adding something that was not in Vanilla, namely an incentive to loot items other than for use on your own character. If what you say is true, more players will be lured to Classic purely for this feature. But there's a lot you can not predict with regard to this increase in the player base. You don't know how this will affect player behavior. Like I said earlier:

But one of the things you don't know is how big this increase will be or how they'd act. Hypothetically, there could be several thousands of players who'd go to Classic to collect a transmog, or it could be just a few hundred. They could flood Deadmines or not. They could seriously affect the dungeon experience of a lot of other players, or not. The point is, you don't know. Nobody does.
Honestly I don't care. The really exclusive stuff is in original Naxxramas because it got removed in Wotlk and if someone really wants to transmog old school Naxx gear be my quest. One does not simply walk into Naxx 40 and loot stuff for BfA transmog. You really need to put some effort into it first!
25/05/2018 15:54Posted by Nefara
Honestly I don't care. The really exclusive stuff is in original Naxxramas because it got removed in Wotlk and if someone really wants to transmog old school Naxx gear be my quest. One does not simply walk into Naxx 40 and loot stuff for BfA transmog. You really need to put some effort into it first!
There are also items from UBRS, but even that requires effort, just leveling to 60, obtaining the key and some decent gear.
25/05/2018 15:08Posted by Hedhel
an incentive
So.. you would say McDonalds can change WoW if they offer a BigMac for every epic that a player loots in Classic?

There are thousands of reasons to play this game. And very few will come with an intention and leave with exactly the same intention.
Someone who plays up to Naxxramas, for example to get the corrupted ashbringer will certainly not always have only this one intention in mind over the period of ~ 2 years. And it is questionable whether he would abruptly break off his ties to his raid friends as soon as he received his targeted item.

Theoretically, of course, this is possible. In practice, however, I do not see any danger.
While atm there's a lot of interest from modern wow players to collect vanilla legacy gear I think that interest is going to evaporate once they find out there's no instant-lv60 tokens and that that most such gear takes months of hardcore raiding.

Lets just put it this way, if they wanted to obtain that gear they would be no longer modern wow players since they just wouldn't have the time to play both versions.

Either way I don't care what happens in modern wow.
24/05/2018 19:58Posted by Krillsey
<Edit> Please read carefully before posting, I'm not asking for Tmog in Vanilla!

Hi Guys,

Still hyped for Classic, can't wait to get my Vanilla fix officially :-)

I am a "No Changes" groupie and Vanilla should be exactly what it was in the day.

However, I think that it would be great to give an incentive for all those on the modern "retail" Legion WoW who are either on the fence or have no intention of playing to give it a try.

Personally I think this may be by giving a chance to unlock TMog on the retail versionthat have since been removed once earned in Vanilla. Therefore leaving the Vanilla experience as it is #No Changes but putting that carrot on a stick for the TMog junkies to give it bash.
I was adamant about this at first but since it doesn't really change anything i am starting to doubt my earlier stance.

I'm also fed up with the angsty protectionistic attitude some people have about Classic. No Change ... okay. But if something isn't a change then why not.

Besides that, i wouldn't be at all surprised if Blizzard allowed for these things to be linked. It only adds value to a combined subscription imo.
why transmog? reroll rp if you wanna look cool and not a complete ragtag with diffrent items :D
25/05/2018 16:13Posted by Fedan
So.. you would say McDonalds can change WoW if they offer a BigMac for every epic that a player loots in Classic?

There are thousands of reasons to play this game. And very few will come with an intention and leave with exactly the same intention.
Someone who plays up to Naxxramas, for example to get the corrupted ashbringer will certainly not always have only this one intention in mind over the period of ~ 2 years. And it is questionable whether he would abruptly break off his ties to his raid friends as soon as he received his targeted item.

Theoretically, of course, this is possible. In practice, however, I do not see any danger.

Ok, now we've come full circle. Are you serious or just trolling me? You're now making my arguments for me.

First, stop it with the McDonalds analogy. It doesn't work. You're saying retail WoW is the equivalent of McDonalds in terms of its influence on a future Classic server, which is ridiculous. Especially when you talk about implementing a feature that will link Classic to retail. Nobody is linking McDonalds to Classic. If you get a BigMac for every epic in Classic, you cannot use that BigMac in retail. But you can use that epic. Get it? I can't believe I'm actually explaining this..

Secondly, just read my previous post:
25/05/2018 08:53Posted by Hedhel
So many people not only actually going into this discussion, but also with arguments that make no sense and have no basis.

24/05/2018 20:22Posted by Агграэль
Getting loot stolen in dungeon because some dude who will leave the game in a month needs 2647th item model for his retail collection. No, thanks.

There are always people that ninja loot and there are always people who will leave in a month, especially in lower level dungeons. Maybe this would add a couple of people to that bunch but most likely the difference would be hardly noticeable.

25/05/2018 00:49Posted by Mordaine
we want the people playing Classic to play it because they loved Vanilla WoW or would like to play it for what it is, not for ANY of the QOL features from later expansions

It is none of my business why anyone would want to play WoW. How would you notice whether the myriad of reasons why people play Classic correspond to a "love for Vanilla"? Maybe they're forced by their grandma, who knows. Frankly, I don't give a damn. As long as they're friendly I don't care why they're in the game.

25/05/2018 03:07Posted by Pitler
I don’t think people are going to level to 60 and get into raiding just so they can get transmog items for their mains in BFA.

I agree. If you've show this much commitment, to get to level 60 and you're raiding, you're probably not doing it "just for the transmogs". And if you are, who would notice the difference?

25/05/2018 05:55Posted by Fedoro
I'm too retarded to understand what you wrote

Then why are you on these forums and not in kindergarten?

The thing is, nobody knows what the effect on the game would be, so it is pointless to discuss it. The only relevant argument is that transmogs were not in Vanilla so they are outside the parameters of Classic. There's literally nothing else to say to these kinds of posts.

I don't think that many people will level to 60 just for transmogs and at that point, I wouldn't care really. I was just engaging in somebody else's line of argumentation.

I just hear a lot of people arguing that these kind of features would attract more players, and I'm just wondering, why would Classic need these extra players? Why would Blizzard care whether they play on retail or on Classic? Why sipphon players from retail to Classic? Doesn't make sense.

All I hear is people saying "why not?" or "It would be cool!". And while that could be a valid argument in and of itself, the fact remains that this feature was not available in Vanilla because you didn't have a retail WoW. At the same time, most people argue it would increase the number of players willing to play Vanilla. So there will be an effect on Classic.

I am not necessarily against this feature. Chances are I won't notice a single thing of it. But it could just as well be that there is some item in a low level dungeon that everyone will want (I don't really know how itemisation has changed since I quit years ago), and a consequence of that could be that there will be a ton of players that will flood said dungeon. That could be a big nuisance to low level players. Or it could not.

Point is, I don't know. But my position remains that I am not reassured whether this feature absolutely will not have an adverse effect on Classic. Everybody just seems to assume so.
Transmog does not belong in vanilla, neither should playing vanilla benefit your BFA account. These are 2 different games, that should in no way influence the other.

Transmog ruined so many things in retail, and made the game super casual. Transmog made every player able to look badass, no matter what gear he was wearing. Back in time, people knew one another, based on the characters looks.
you got the current best looking gear with best stats, showing everyone you are a badass. Nobody is a badass today, people dont notice one another, or the players designs. You could tell if a player was a high ranked pvp'er or raider.

This transmog feature removes the incentives to actually raid for many casuals. they can just farm old dungeons, and get badass looking sets. Same goes for dungeon scalings. people can do LFR or normals and feel badass for clearing the end boss.

Transmog, should only be a collection you can equip if you want to showoff in cities with a hotswap, but it should maintain the stats of the items. In this way, you'd have way more interest from people, in actually clearing current contents.

The final touch as to why it shouldn't be a thing, to transmog from vanilla to BFA, is that vanilla loot is hard enough to get already, and i'd getting pretty damn frustrated if needing for transmog, would become a thing in vanilla. And it damn would happen, if that feature exists. On the other hand, the entire community would shut you down, for doing it.
26/05/2018 11:00Posted by Ðaxtar
The final touch as to why it shouldn't be a thing, to transmog from vanilla to BFA, is that vanilla loot is hard enough to get already, and i'd getting pretty damn frustrated if needing for transmog, would become a thing in vanilla.

This is basically what I fear. I don't know whether it will actually happen, it could very well not, but everybody who argues in favor of transmog from Classic to BFA just seems to assume it won't.
Classic and Retail should be completely separate. I don't want any people farming transmogs, as few as they can be, and even if they don't get to use the transmog in Classic. The only group of players it benefits is tiny and the one I have no support for.

And as you can see from post1 vs post2 showdown, very few actually want this. Why implement something that almost no one wants? Classic by itself is a long way, leave alone any additions to it.
Your argument for "more players for Classic" is at best, proving that you are a very young and innocent person.

Why exactly is the reason to have more players for Classic? You think that MORE = BETTER? Well, you are wrong.

There should be no change, at all, no matter what some people, like you, are considering to be a "good" idea". I do not want more players, I want Vanilla-like minded players, and those don't give a flying F about t-mog.

You actually ARE ASKING FOR T-MOG in Classic. An "option" for T-mog is asking for T-mog. Period. But in your innocence, bordering stupidity, you can't even know what you want.
Not going to happen. 2 games. not 1.
Classic should be 100% separated from the other wow versions.

And I say it again: Tmog is cancer.
Its lile people just read the title and not a word in OP's thread. Thats sad

Anyway, cool idea tho
26/05/2018 14:04Posted by Ashiharademo
Classic should be 100% separated from the other wow versions.

And I say it again: Tmog is cancer.

Can I just ask why its cancer? You and everyone and their mother is using it since it came out?
The problem with transmogg would be pretty much solved if you could only use items of the same or a lower grade on your gear.

What do I mean by that?

Well: Imagine you are in BfA and raiding at the normal level of difficulty. Then you have gear of the grade "normal". You could only transmog this gear then in gear, which is also on this " grade " or below.

Of course one would have to find regulations for the gear, which still came into play at times, when there were no different levels of difficulty.

The main objection against transmogging would then at least be solved. Because as far as I understand it, the main objection is that you can no longer tell from the armor how well a player is playing if every character looks like a badass Raid-Pro.
But if you arrange the armor according to such " grades ", you can only transmog the armor whose " grade " you play on and whose gear you own.