End of Legion: PvP Systems Feedback

General
Prev 1 7 8 9 Next
You won't change any of the big picture stuff like gearing etc as its too late for that, but please let us pick 4 honor talents + cc removal tier...

Feel like I'm just missing something with 3 on pretty much every char I try
The fun part with the templates is that I can't damage a warlock when he drains souls on me. So he basically has to press one button to keep him self alive vs. another dps. Seems like a great design.

Can we get back to a balancing with dps not have self healing, healers heal and don't dps and tank have sustain and don't kill stuff alone?
16/06/2018 09:15Posted by Wolfblood
Making everyone have the same ILVL was a great idea, Just needs. ore balancing to make it perfect, allows for fair fights.

Pvp gear was half removed but was VERY disappointed to not find it COMPLETLY removed!
Just get rid of it totally, we only need one set of gear, there’s no reason to have multiple sets. That also goes for transmog, if you want to make a pvp aperance then there should be only ONE per season that matches the same colour as raid gear and one set only!

Rewards for pvp should just be more honor, gold, pets, mounts, tabards.

Solo Que needs to be implimented it’s pathetic that i have to organise a group to do areana when it’s only full of the same turds from skirmish.

Finally allow all players to use their class ability’s in pvp. It’s pathetic that classes such as paladins can’t use LoH when it’s part of their kit, if your gonna remove an ability then it’s only right you add something else in otherwise how is that fair in anyway!

Almost all of these things you wrote here work exactly the same in HotS or CS:GO, go play those games, removing character progression from an RPG game kills it's core aspect. I never wrote a thing about PvP scaling at the early part of legion, I've just quit playing WoW for another 1-1,5 year hoping it to become a good game again at some point, I realy hope that BfA will not make the game even more sh*tty.
16/06/2018 11:46Posted by Galmok
I didn't pvp much even though I do enjoy it. I hate arena and it seems everything is balanced around that. This means battleground, where 1v1 often occurs, is wildly imbalanced. This meant that melee has ground ranged into the dirt. Ranged doesn't seem to stand any chance. This excludes approx half the playerbase from pvp, but this is apparently what Blizzard wants. Personally, I would have tried to balance it better. Also, I hate arena style combat. Deathmatch style pvp is just so primitive.

If only there was an expansion were ranged had the advantage through the whole expansion, just like melee had it this expansion.

Please tell me how an arms warrior has significant 1v1 advantage over any lock spec, where you push a single 1,5 min cd to restore 70%+ of your HP or shieldyourself for like 120% of your HP for ~20 sec, while you also have quite some other reliable source of self sustain... I ofthen ended up using ALL of my cds against a lock and ended up the fight dead, while the lock was ofthen healed back up to close to 100%, like the fight never happened to him... maybe 1 cd was pending for it, when it reengages into another fight somewhere else.
I figured that despite me being a returning player and missing most of Legion I'd chime in anyway (coming from someone that PvP'd from BC through Cata 1st season before quitting).

Honor talents
I can appreciate the idea of seperate talents for PvP specifically, however requiring an unlock for all of them basically feels like gearing was before templates. I don't mind, but it seems to contradict the template system where the game tries to level the playing field. Having then unlocked straight away would've made more sense to me. However, either way is fine in my opinion as the speed to unlocking them is quite fast.

Another issue that has arisen (in my opinion) is that arena has turned into rock paper scizzor with PvP talents. Depending on the class you play you end up swapping a few talents around for nearly every match. Some might find that engaging, personally I'd much rather have the game balanced around having access to all of the skills at all times. It's probably too much to ask and a leftover of me playing before this system, but I do not enjoy having to constantly swap talents around.

PvP gear
As someone that only came back to the game after Antorus was already out and catchups were in place etc. I feel like PvP gear has become completely useless, 100%. The item level of the rewards you get are very low compared to just doing a few mythics or Argus. On top of that getting into an Antorus raid allowed my Rogue to gear past BG/world quest itemlevel for PvP gear in the blink of an eye. This wouldn't be such an issue if Resillience still existed and templates didn't exist. However I think PvP-ers should get their gear from PvP while not handicapping themselves in the process which is the case right now.

I do not know the full details of BfA but for PvP gear to matter it should be possible to obtain normal raid tier ilevel gear from BG's, heroic from lower rated arena/RBG (<1800 rating or something) and then have the elite gear for the higher rated players. Perhaps this can be made more generous, but overall I think PvP gear should be on par to raiders. Including resillience would make gearing for PvP more PvP centric which was always a positive thing in my opinion (although I'm aware opinions varied back then). At the same time resillience would also serve as a blockade to people trying to gear for raids and doing PvP despite not enjoying it.

Battlegrounds
The new battleground role system (as an old player I don't know how long this existed) where players queue as healer/dps/tank seems to be causing some issues for multi-role classes. Commonly a BG doesn't have a balanced number of healers on the teams and despite that people cannot change their talents to fill the gap to healer, yet they can to tank which left me puzzled a bit. Perhaps allow players on the team with the least healers to have some of them change talents to healer to even it out once a BG has filled up?

Open world PvP
I really cannot say much about this, other than it's completely broken due to raider gear and primarily legendaries, as a result tanks became incredible powerhouses for example. Having PvP balanced around templates and then having those templates inactive in the open world put the coffin deeper than it's ever been. In the past PvP geared players would be able to fight eachother as if it was any other mode, which is definetely not the case in Legion due to a heavy focus on splitting game modes with templates and PvP talents (despite them becoming active when engaging players it felt odd).
Scaling and stat templates ruined pvp for me. Playing since vanillia and one aspect I always loved was random battlegrounds.

Scaling and removing any incentive to gear and streamlining everyone on the same level is boring. Wow is not a moba, it doesn't have to be an e-sport. I feel wow pvp lost a lot of its identity when implimenting these changes. Hence why I imagine a lot of people are excited for vanilla.

After grinding and gearing to the teeth to die in a 2v1 vs two pve players who just steam roll you because half of your tool kit is disabled and your gear is streamlined to match theirs is not fun, it feels restrictive and punishing to those who like to min/max in these aspects of the game.

Bring back pvp gear and remove scaling. Wearing a set of titan forged gear with poorly optimised stats for a 3% random stat boost is nothing but clunky.
Hello. If it comes to PVP, please block the PVE players on random BG. Or, to enter a bg PVP gear is required on some level. It is really boring to play bg with PVE players. Not enough time for the man to lose time and nerves .PVE I'm not interested in it because it's the same change only graphics and mechanics. You have described the mechanics from A to Z what the boss does at a given moment to the second.Stoi such 20 players and pats in a circle 3 keys, will kill once barefoot and after all, boss nei will change the mechanics only it will be the same. That's why PVE players are not good at BG. I think fast and predict what the opponent can do, PVE does not always have the same. I also ask for repairing the balance on duels, because at the moment, you can not play and this is for me one of the best aspects of this game. It's all I'm interested in this game. No battle pets, no dungeons, no mythic, no fishing. Just PVP only and exclusively.
Three things, mentioned before multiple times

- BGs
Trinkets, consumables, profession and crafted items should be usable. It's fine for RBGs having the same rules as Arenas, but no point in randoms.

It is also time to mix up different langauge servers.

Won't make a separate point, but this is basically part of a bigger point, namely, the lack of customization, and power "reward" for skill and/or time spent in pvp.

- PvP talents and Pruning
With the exception of newcomer and/or absolutely casual pve-ers, everyone hates and recognizes the disaster that pruning brought (along with the disparity between normal dmg/heal output and that with cds). New pvp talent system in BfA is a good step, but some of those abilities have to be baseline.

- Outdoor PvP
a combination of the upper two points. This. Was. Horrendous. Never, ever was outdoor pvp this bad, not even in last patch of MoP. Broken legendaries, +30 ilvl (from doing like, casual PvE content) providing an unbeatable advantage, utter server disparities, professions rendered useless...

The only positive things I can mention were the balance in Arena, some love for Esports and the fact that Ashran remained with us (well, the last part gone, hopefully, temporarily, in BfA).
Overall, it was a disaster.
Hi, I've seen a moment before on youtube videos from BFA PVP duels.Blizzard why can not you do it so that the balance is like in arenas? I do not understand why duels play how to be such a balance as it is at the moment. World PVP probably will be such a balance as on duels, it's a pity to play. No sense this is how me rogue kills without touching assumes 1 dot vendetta and I do not have hp. I am a PVP player, I only play bg arenas and duels. However, 2 aspects from this are not playable. On PV there are gamers, duels without balance. Please answer if it will be any change.
The scaling if you must keep it needs tuning heavily. The idea was gear wouldn’t matter, but instead we got the opposite.

Return the old gearing process but tune the average ilvl, so what some PvE players whine they get dumpstered imho. We have to gear up to do the top level PVE content, why should they be allowed to OMA it in BG’s and ruin PvP fans fun?

More development to PvP content, give us more battlegrounds. The latest addition is great it breaks up the norm and I love parachuting in!

More arenas would also be nice.

Some more PvP titles, even if it’s ones like “scrapper” for your first 100 killing blows etc
Asking wow forums filled by whiny solo playering ultra casual once hour per month play time for stuff?NOt sure what is f.. hard to ask guys who actually plays pvp at some level.
!. world pvp is joke and always it was
stat plates should stay or these whiny pvp b... will cry again over someone from pve killing them in few hits because they as we can see have so !@#$.. gear it is like lfr players 99% of them have max 930 gear since their rating is 1500 at max.
Trinkets etc all should be usable.
20/06/2018 22:46Posted by Totunn
The scaling if you must keep it needs tuning heavily. The idea was gear wouldn’t matter, but instead we got the opposite.

Return the old gearing process but tune the average ilvl, so what some PvE players whine they get dumpstered imho. We have to gear up to do the top level PVE content, why should they be allowed to OMA it in BG’s and ruin PvP fans fun?

More development to PvP content, give us more battlegrounds. The latest addition is great it breaks up the norm and I love parachuting in!

More arenas would also be nice.

Some more PvP titles, even if it’s ones like “scrapper” for your first 100 killing blows etc

gear does not matter learn to play your class
19/06/2018 12:38Posted by Milanxxalian
Hello. If it comes to PVP, please block the PVE players on random BG. Or, to enter a bg PVP gear is required on some level. It is really boring to play bg with PVE players. Not enough time for the man to lose time and nerves .PVE I'm not interested in it because it's the same change only graphics and mechanics. You have described the mechanics from A to Z what the boss does at a given moment to the second.Stoi such 20 players and pats in a circle 3 keys, will kill once barefoot and after all, boss nei will change the mechanics only it will be the same. That's why PVE players are not good at BG. I think fast and predict what the opponent can do, PVE does not always have the same. I also ask for repairing the balance on duels, because at the moment, you can not play and this is for me one of the best aspects of this game. It's all I'm interested in this game. No battle pets, no dungeons, no mythic, no fishing. Just PVP only and exclusively.

YOu are annoyed because you are playing random bgs go play rated instead or you can not since you are too bad and soloplayer feelsbadman even I got like 1700 rat on Rated bgs via PuG.
So far I am pve player mainly have higher rat than you something interesting.
19/06/2018 07:44Posted by Steaky
Scaling and stat templates ruined pvp for me. Playing since vanillia and one aspect I always loved was random battlegrounds.

Scaling and removing any incentive to gear and streamlining everyone on the same level is boring. Wow is not a moba, it doesn't have to be an e-sport. I feel wow pvp lost a lot of its identity when implimenting these changes. Hence why I imagine a lot of people are excited for vanilla.

After grinding and gearing to the teeth to die in a 2v1 vs two pve players who just steam roll you because half of your tool kit is disabled and your gear is streamlined to match theirs is not fun, it feels restrictive and punishing to those who like to min/max in these aspects of the game.

Bring back pvp gear and remove scaling. Wearing a set of titan forged gear with poorly optimised stats for a 3% random stat boost is nothing but clunky.

So you got outplayed o_O you cry because you can not overgear and kill someone just because of your gear only o _O typical avg pvp whiny lame.
WoW! I can't believe a PvP thread got 8 pages of posts! I hope Blizzard sees this and realises players are crying out for change.
Here should post only 2,2k + guys with multi class exp you guys are just funny and so ....asking forums for questions LUL,Just ask guys in pvp tournament easy.
20/06/2018 23:29Posted by Leafá
Here should post only 2,2k + guys with multi class exp you guys are just funny and so ....asking forums for questions LUL,Just ask guys in pvp tournament easy.

So the minority should post?

When did making games to cater a small group become a good idea?
20/06/2018 23:47Posted by Ragnak

So the minority should post?

When did making games to cater a small group become a good idea?

It's a great idea actually, the majority of players are casuals that don't know the slightest thing about high rated or skill based pvp

If they ask the minority of skilled players with more than 20 IQ on the subject we might be able to recycle this broken crap and not have another legion 2.0

So why are you posting then ?

PS: your comments on scaling/templates are the most basic ones ever heard
(you dislike Templates = you are a bad player because you needed gear advantage to kill someone)

I see you thought this out pretty well before posting.