Warfronts Testing and Feedback

Battle for Azeroth Beta General Discussion
With the current Beta build, Beta testers are experiencing the entirety of the Warfronts: Battle for Stromgarde experience. An alternating cycle kicked off on Thursday, June 7 between the Horde and Alliance vying for control of Stromgarde and Arathi Highlands. Both Horde and Alliance testers have queued since then.

Here’s an outline of how the cycle works:

• The Alliance starts with ownership of Arathi Highlands, and Horde players challenge them by contributing professions items, gold, and War Resources to help their faction build up enough strength to attack. This is a region-wide effort.
  • Once enough contributions are supplied by the region, the Warfront: Battle for Stromgarde unlocks and Horde players are able to queue for the experience. This queue remains open for a set duration, allowing players to complete the Warfront on a schedule that works for them.
  • After the Horde attack is complete, the Horde takes control of Arathi Highlands, giving them access to a unique World Boss and a series of rare spawns and other rewards only available during the period when their faction owns the zone.
  • The Alliance then begins contributing resources to challenge Horde control.

The cycle continues perpetually, with each faction competing against the other to gain access more quickly or reduce the enemy team’s access to the zone. Currently, the queue window in the Beta is set to remain open for 2 days.

Notably, this update included a first look at a completely updated version of the Arathi Highlands zone, including new creatures, as well as access to your faction’s base in the zone, and plenty of other surprises.

Please feel free to post your feedback on Warfronts in this thread.
''The Alliance starts with ownership of Arathi Highlands, and Horde players challenge them by contributing professions items, gold, and War Resources to help their faction build up enough strength to attack. This is a region-wide effort.''

A) will there be a BFA Companion App?

B) will we be able to contribute to Warfronts via the BFA Companion App?

I'll jump into some warfronts when home from work... nope after dinner... wait no after the kids are in bed... wait.... the wife wants me to do chores... i'll get to testing warfronts eventually X(
I'm unable to test Warfronts, my war campaign is totally bugged since April on all my account. This is very weird, i can't unlock world quest, heroic dungeon or warfront.

I saw this contribution system and… i think professions items required are very high compared to gold or war resources. Prices of mats will go over and over each two week and this is a very good way (seem's to be mandatory) to get azerite power and reputation to unlock new allied races. Maybe a tuning for this will be apprecied. Honestly, i will dislike this contribution system if there are no limit cause of mandatory to do that, we have farm over and over though Legion for artifact power, and i don't want to repeat this experience again for all my reroll to be competitive.

I've 2 questions :

1) Which faction will have Warfront on control at launch ? The first one who will arrive to 100% ?
2) I think this is not the good place to say that but... there will be an API for contribution system or warfront control ?

Thanks !
Hey guys, few additional clarifications for you from the development team:

In order to be eligible to queue for Warfronts, you need to be level 120, and have completed enough of the campaign to have unlocked World Quests. We're also working to make it more apparent when the Warfront is actually open, and what its current state is. We previously had Warfronts available starting at level 110 for early testing; that is no longer the case.

Also just to clarify an earlier point: each state of the Warfront should be active for approximately two days, but the exact amount of time can change based on player participation. We're not planning on accelerating that any further in the Beta for the time being, because we want to see how things work out on this schedule.

The feedback we've gotten so far has been very helpful, especially the points where the system seemed confusing or unclear. Warfronts are pretty complex, and one of our goals with Beta is to figure out ways to make them understandable. This is part of why we haven't directly explained too much about how they work; we want to hear how you experience them naturally, and where that experience stumbles, so that we can make it more clear. Keep it coming!
I tried this last night, during the "playing with the blues" event. Sadly I wasn't able to participate for more than about an hour, as RL caught up with me. I went in with close to 0 knowledge about warfronts. This is my experience so far though;

- I really enjoyed this, though admittedly it did have somewhat of a battleground feel to me, meaning I might get bored of it quickly. I experience battlegrounds as not structured(chaotic), which is what makes me get bored of it fast. I like structure and a sense of going forward, and this is what I see tendecies of in warfronts as well. I am hoping that learning more about how they work will offer more of the PvE feel to it.

- Quests: Once we landed at the start, I picked up some quests I found. Felt like I didn't have time to actually read them to understand what was actually their purpose(I understood I needed to gather some resources). Picking them up delayed me from actually keeping up with the group. I felt like a headless chicken for a bit until I was able to be "reunited" with parts of the group, because of the delay picking up these quests. I understood that the quests asked me to gather resources, judging by skimming their objectives, but since you can't actually read them without feeling like you are holding your group back, I don't see a reason to have them there. In events like this I prefer talking NPC's giving you a briefing. I am aware we had some of that, and there is a limit to how much you can get this way too, without it feeling like too much "clutter".

- The talking NPC avatar windows(this goes for the entire game): Can we have an option to move where the text window and avatar of the talking NPC's pop up on the screen? I play healer, and due to eye and mouse traveling time, I always keep my party and raid frames at the bottom left/middle of my screen for optimal performance as healer, and ability to respond quicker to ground effects/general movement. This means the talking NPC window land on top of my frames while I am healing. I am aware I can close to the window, but for immerson sake, I would prefer if I wasn't forced to close it to do my job as a healer.

- Resource gathering: I didn't understand that the resoures shown at the top right of my screen(under the minimap) was resources I was actually holding on to, and had to hand in, until the number turned red as I was 200/200 of one of the resources. One of the "Blizzard Alliance" pointed out in chat a couple of minutes before mine went red, "Remember to turn in resources... [...]", but I didn't understand that I was holding on to resources and that I was possibly one of those it was directed at(and I'm assuming I wasn't the only one, as we were starting to struggle at this point). This could possibly be a little more clear, though I am sure it won't take long until the majority will understand how this works.

I also found it difficult to see what it was most beneficial to donate resources to. I felt like I was handing in at random, not knowing where it was most necessary to hand in. This could be more clear.

- Structure: The group I was in, which had several from "Blizzard Alliance" ended up in some kind of loop at some point, where we started losing bases and stagnated progress. This might be due to lack of resources, since it was looking fine at the start. After a while in this loop, I had to go, so I am not sure if the group got out of it. It did however feel like we were constantly overrun, and the group didn't seem to be able to split up into more than 1-2 groups, otherwise we would just get killed off(overrun). Meaning we kept losing and retaking the same areas. I am assuming we had failed resource hand ins, but like I said I had to leave and therefore didn't get to see this through sadly.

- Role check: I am assuming this will be added, but mentioning it due to seeing that it does make a difference when you don't have it. As a healer, I tend to place myself where it seems strategicly most necessary with a healer. Meaning it is usefull to see on the frames which roles the different other participants have, and if other healers are in range or not(I have range check, was just missing the role check). I was unable to tell yesterday, meaning I was unaware who and where the other healer(s) were until I remembered I had a meter hiding in my interface which could tell me the name of the other healer(s).

- Rares: One kill of a rare made it clear to me that killing them rewarded resources, but it seemed like these were mostly ignored by ordinary players(?). They seemed to be engaged by Blizzard Alliance until the rest of the group realized what their purpose was.
*Removed*
All I see is a war table with no way of interacting with it I have reported so many bugs this beta it's probably a record I hope this doesn't mean the finished product is just rushed that would be a real !@#$ show for the devs from the community.