Regarding graphics?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 14 Next
07/07/2018 18:46Posted by Geronîmoo

Well they might've not said it in literal terms on social media but their job openings says it all though, for those who pay some bloody attention to what's going on.

If anyone is lying, it's you. They have never stated that they are open to the idea of using the updated models in any interview.

https://careers.blizzard.com/en-us/openings/oYEO7fwh

SOFTWARE ENGINEER (C++), CLASSIC WOW

Responsibilities

Restore old models and animations
    Re-implement old shader behavior
    Transform database data
    Build classic UI elements
    Repackage binary distributions
    Work closely with artists to revive the classic game elements

I think this should do it.

You happy now?

In other words: you were lying. Let's see what you said earlier:

They've already confirmed that we won't get new graphics, models or animations, settings and all.

In no way in those job openings there's any statement that new graphics won't be an option. And yes, J. Allen Brack has said that using the HD character models is an option they have considered: https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2018/01/30/classic-servers-cats-and-cute-things-the-world-of-warcraft-interview/#459dbd675134

"Should we be using the high definition character models? That’s an interesting question, I think, that the community will help us decide."

At this point, I call into question the sanity of anyone against the option of choosing between old and new graphics, considering said option works 100%, with character skeletons and everything. If anyone says said option will "damage" the game experience of those who choose old graphics... well, I guess Sheldon Cooper must be your everyday normal neighbour compared to them.

I've yet to see a serious argument against an OPTION that doesn't affect gameplay AT ALL, besides the typical tantrum of "IT WAZN'T IN VANILLLA, IT HURTS MUH FEELING U SEEING A CHARACTER LIKE NOT ME SEEING! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
07/07/2018 21:55Posted by Leisapra
At this point, I call into question the sanity of anyone against the option of choosing between old and new graphics

Thats why I said these people have mental problems.

I've yet to see a serious argument against an OPTION that doesn't affect gameplay AT ALL

Same. Usually their arguments are "but it changes the way I look at the game", which is a complete joke.
well, aslong as models, animations and textures remains untouched, i'm fine with updating Graphics to HD, and to modern screens / Computers etc...

but problem here is, that some people wants togglable Graphics to modern wow style / old.
08/07/2018 00:43Posted by Cai
well, aslong as models, animations and textures remains untouched, i'm fine with updating Graphics to HD, and to modern screens / Computers etc...

but problem here is, that some people wants togglable Graphics to modern wow style / old.

Yes. And that shouldn't be a problem to anyone.
08/07/2018 01:09Posted by Leisapra

Yes. And that shouldn't be a problem to anyone.

Why? Because it's something that YOU want?

It IS a problem to a lot of us and you should understand why.

...See how that "should" works?
08/07/2018 02:15Posted by Miylee

Why? Because it's something that YOU want?

It IS a problem to a lot of us and you should understand why.

...See how that "should" works?

As I said, a toggable option that works 100% fine doesn't affect gameplay at all and doesn't affect anyone. And since they are going to use current engine, new graphics can be easily accessed, it won't take resources away from the project.

I'm sorry, but advocating against said option seems quite unreasonable.
08/07/2018 03:11Posted by Leisapra

As I said, a toggable option that works 100% fine doesn't affect gameplay at all and doesn't affect anyone. And since they are going to use current engine, new graphics can be easily accessed, it won't take resources away from the project.

Perhaps we should also have toggleable transmog too?

....On that note, !@#$ transmog. Gief Tmorph, thanks. I want to be the lich king, you'll have the option of not seeing me as the lich king, so your opinion on the matter is worthless.

That's identical to what you're saying.
08/07/2018 04:06Posted by Miylee

Perhaps we should also have toggleable transmog too?

....On that note, !@#$ transmog. Gief Tmorph, thanks. I want to be the lich king, you'll have the option of not seeing me as the lich king, so your opinion on the matter is worthless.

That's identical to what you're saying.

It is identical, IF only one player can see that transmog (the player itself), everyone else would see the original armor. And in this case - it also doesn't affect game.
IF you compare a graphics option for a single person with a whole system of transmogs - then you are not comparing identical cases. Get your facts right first.
I see no reason why everyone should play 640x480 resolution with 32 colors.
08/07/2018 08:44Posted by Pvpmeistras
It is identical, IF only one player can see that transmog (the player itself), everyone else would see the original armor. And in this case - it also doesn't affect game.IF you compare a graphics option for a single person with a whole system of transmogs - then you are not comparing identical cases. Get your facts right first.I see no reason why everyone should play 640x480 resolution with 32 colors.

no one here is saying everyone should play 640x480 resolution and with 32 colours.

what is problem is togglable models / animations / textures, and yes, even if it's option it is a problem, because it is out of Place.... you know what, just read what i've posted in previous page, everything is explained there.

having option to look like lich king would be devestating to this game, and how people would perceive it, even if it's 100% optional and only you would see it.... and for same reason having modern wow Graphics is bad, because it is out of Place option for what this Project is.
In other words: you were lying. Let's see what you said earlier:

No, i was not lying. The only one lying here is you.

Brack never said it is something they have considered. Consider or Considered never even shows up in the interview.

This is what Brack said in the interview you linked to:

Newman: Let’s talk about some of the bigger decisions, which may or may not have been made. Are we talking about WoW in its original pristine pixelly glory? Are we talking remastered, something that’s built for the modern engines that Legion and Battle for Azeroth are using?

Brack: That’s a decision that is in front of us. I think my starting place is, the compass heading should be to try to re-create the original 2004, 2005 experience. That’s the compass heading we should be following. But there’s a lot of nuance there. Should we be using the high definition character models? That’s an interesting question, I think, that the community will help us decide.

I linked you their job listing for an Engineer to re-create the old models and other graphics related stuff from the original game. That's the announcement. Just because they haven't posted it on twitter, facebook, this forum doesn't make it any less of an announcement.

Re-read my previous reply. It doesn't get any more clearer than that.

You have a severe lack of reading comprehension, pal.

I've yet to see a serious argument against an OPTION that doesn't affect gameplay AT ALL, besides the typical tantrum of "IT WAZN'T IN VANILLLA, IT HURTS MUH FEELING U SEEING A CHARACTER LIKE NOT ME SEEING! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

I'll give it a shot then.

So for some people character creation is very important and these people can spend an hour creating a character even with WoW's barebones and antique character creation. After they're satisfied with how their character looks it doesn't feel right to know that for some players your character, that you put so much thought into, looks completely different. It might be that hair colour that looks good for you with older models but you hate that same colour with the new models etc.

This all might sound dumb if you don't give a damn about it yourself but this is a problem for many players.

This was a problem when WoD launched and still is for those poor people who play with older models on live even though Blizzard has done a fantastic job screwing them over with animations and removing some of the old models completely.

I can definitely see why some get so protective about graphics when you look at how Blizz destroyed the old models on live even though there was supposed to be a toggle.
07/07/2018 20:34Posted by Pvpmeistras
04/07/2018 03:44Posted by Lavenora
They have already said there will be old graphics

In this case I will not even install classic.
I live in 2018, so I want a game to look nice.
If someone wants to play with 640x480 resolution ant 64 colors - let them do that in options.
But allow people to have good graphics as well.

What does updating graphics have to do with resolution?
Nobody forces you to play 640x480, you just won't have updated models and textures.

It also looks like you don't want classic but something else. If you want the game to look nice and to be "2018 game, not 2004" you may play BfA.
As I said, a toggable option that works 100% fine doesn't affect gameplay at all and doesn't affect anyone.

New graphics option AFFECTS my game experience. Just like a lot of others' here. Even if it's toggleable.

Do you really still believe that you know better what affects me and what doesn't? Sounds like "you think you do but you don't", when people for some reason think they know other people's feelings better.
There is no reason why we shouldn't have a graphical options. WoW is a PC game not console game and having options, especialy graphical, is a fundamental trait to a PC gaming.

Some people are so afraid of changes that they complain about battlenet integration. That's simply ridiculous. As long as they won't change the gameplay vanilla will be what is supposed to be no matter how it looks or how you start the game.
08/07/2018 14:20Posted by Daive
Some people are so afraid of changes that they complain about battlenet integration. That's simply ridiculous.

Hardly.

What's ridiculous are people who want graphical changes that weren't a part of the game back then.

Unless you failed to read my previous reply where i quoted their job listing, they are giving us the old graphics. No updated BS HD graphics, animations or models.

People who want HD graphics with updated models, animations QoL features and so on doesn't want Classic, they want retail and should stick to retail instead of trying to affect the development of Classic in a negative direction.

Classic is not only a remake but a preservation of the original game. You don't preserve the original by adding additional features to it, you ruin it.

It is identical, IF only one player can see that transmog (the player itself), everyone else would see the original armor. And in this case - it also doesn't affect game.
IF you compare a graphics option for a single person with a whole system of transmogs - then you are not comparing identical cases. Get your facts right first.

On the subject of getting facts right, did you know that Vanilla actually has resolution settings for more modern computers? It doesn't need a graphics update. It's actually not a 2D platform game.

And "Tmorph" is something that only the user sees, the same would go for "toggle-able" transmog.
08/07/2018 15:12Posted by Geronîmoo
Some people are so afraid of changes that they complain about battlenet integration. That's simply ridiculous.

Hardly.

What's ridiculous are people who want graphical changes that weren't a part of the game back then.

Unless you failed to read my previous reply where i quoted their job listing, they are giving us the old graphics. No updated BS HD graphics, animations or models.

People who want HD graphics with updated models, animations QoL features and so on doesn't want Classic, they want retail and should stick to retail instead of trying to affect the development of Classic in a negative direction.

Classic is not only a remake but a preservation of the original game. You don't preserve the original by adding additional features to it, you ruin it.

If you want classic for it's graphic you want is for a wrong reason.
I want classic for it's gameplay and community and that isn't going to be affected by better graphics in any way.
08/07/2018 16:17Posted by Miylee

On the subject of getting facts right, did you know that Vanilla actually has resolution settings for more modern computers? It doesn't need a graphics update. It's actually not a 2D platform game.

And "Tmorph" is something that only the user sees, the same would go for "toggle-able" transmog.

They will have to improve the resolution of textures for a people with 2k and 4k monitors at least otherwise the old low res textures will show it's age too much on such a high resolution.

Speaking of which vanilla wow doesn't even have proper 2k or 4k or 21:9 support. Only stretched 1080p.
Playing on 144hz monitor or higher is also an issue.

Support for all these things will have to be added to make the compatible with todays standarts.

Maybe they won't add a new race models but if you expet the game completely graphicaly unchanged then you are in for a dissapointment.
So far the people that are against it act like the whiny kids that cry on the ground of a supermarket because their parents didn't buy them the chocolate they want. Thats literally how all of the no graphics updates guys "argue". It's all mimimi like "yeah okay lets also add Tmorph mimimi".
As long as they won't change the gameplay vanilla will be what is supposed to be

You all keep repeating it over and over again and fail to realise that there is more to WoW Classic than just pure gameplay with its numbers and mechanics.

Game experience (or atmosphere if you want) is a wider term than gameplay.