Regarding graphics?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 14 Next
08/07/2018 17:51Posted by Daive
If you want classic for it's graphic you want is for a wrong reason.

If you don't want classic with old graphics than you want a wrong game.
08/07/2018 21:03Posted by Агграэль
Game experience (or atmosphere if you want) is a wider term than gameplay.

Yeah, and you'll have your perfect Vanilla "game experience" with the options toggled off. There you go. Is that so hard, to not toggle something on? Do you somehow have an issue with that?

Y'all literally act like kids. Exactly like kids who can't chose themselves and need your mommy and daddy (Blizzard) to not let you toggle the option on or everything is gonna be ruined.

Grow up.
08/07/2018 21:06Posted by Агграэль

If you want a 100% Vanilla experience then go on and build yourself a time machine to go back to 2005, because WoW: Classic will never be Vanila - and therefore it's the wrong game for you. It's gonna be different, in some way or another and no tears will change that.

The fact alone that people know every gimmick Vanilla offered makes it a completely different game. People wont really need to ask others, they can just go and google-search every single quest there is, every single boss mechanic and what not. That alone is a very big change to the game.
08/07/2018 09:03Posted by Cai
08/07/2018 08:44Posted by Pvpmeistras
It is identical, IF only one player can see that transmog (the player itself), everyone else would see the original armor. And in this case - it also doesn't affect game.IF you compare a graphics option for a single person with a whole system of transmogs - then you are not comparing identical cases. Get your facts right first.I see no reason why everyone should play 640x480 resolution with 32 colors.

no one here is saying everyone should play 640x480 resolution and with 32 colours.

what is problem is togglable models / animations / textures, and yes, even if it's option it is a problem, because it is out of Place.... you know what, just read what i've posted in previous page, everything is explained there.

having option to look like lich king would be devestating to this game, and how people would perceive it, even if it's 100% optional and only you would see it.... and for same reason having modern wow Graphics is bad, because it is out of Place option for what this Project is.

But if only one person (a player itself) sees himself as a Lichking - is this a problem? It's a fantasy gane after all, and for me there is no problem. For everyone else that player will be just a simple human warrior in grey armor.
Same with toggable models/graphics - it affects only one player, who toggles it. Everyone else see everything in their bad graphics/old models.
08/07/2018 22:42Posted by Endlesscc
Is that so hard, to not toggle something on?

I heard same arguments from people who asked for toggleable questhelper or transmog. Looks ridiculous tbh. You can't just add something from outside vanilla then turn it off and pretend it is not there.

08/07/2018 22:42Posted by Endlesscc
Do you somehow have an issue with that?

Yes.

08/07/2018 22:45Posted by Endlesscc
It's gonna be different, in some way or another and no tears will change that.

So this is your reasoning for adding in-game changes? "It will change anyway, why not change it even more!". Haha, yeah, sure.

08/07/2018 22:45Posted by Endlesscc
The fact alone that people know every gimmick Vanilla offered makes it a completely different game. People wont really need to ask others, they can just go and google-search every single quest there is, every single boss mechanic and what not. That alone is a very big change to the game.

Yes, but this is something which neither we, nor blizzard can do nothing about.

Features from retail are different story.

08/07/2018 23:08Posted by Pvpmeistras
But if only one person (a player itself) sees himself as a Lichking - is this a problem?

Could i see myself as Lich king in vanilla?
You can't just add something from outside vanilla then turn it off and pretend it is not there.

Yes, you can do exactly that. Because it's not gonna be visible for you (the changes it provides), at all. If you can't, then I'm sad to tell you to maybe go talk to a psychotherapist. You have an issue if you worry about things you don't even see.

It's like using a phone that has an alarm clock and it actually disturbs you so much that there is said alarm clock, even though nobody is forcing you to use it. It's either plain stupidity or really some deeper issue.

So this is your reasoning for adding in-game changes? "It will change anyway, why not change it even more!"

No, thats not my reasoning. That me explaining some people (possibly kids?), who seem to have trouble understanding basic things, that the game isn't gonna be the 100% Vanilla experience they literally think it will be.

So? It's changing the game experience, which is exactly what you're so scrictly against and seem to have a huge issue with. Are you not even gonna install the game because of it?
08/07/2018 23:46Posted by Endlesscc

So this is your reasoning for adding in-game changes? "It will change anyway, why not change it even more!"

No, thats not my reasoning. That me explaining some people (possibly kids?), who seem to have trouble understanding basic things, that the game isn't gonna be the 100% Vanilla experience they literally think it will be.

So? It's changing the game experience, which is exactly what you're so scrictly against and seem to have a huge issue with. Are you not even gonna install the game because of it?

If it's not a deliberate change, I can live with it.
I am against bringing any features from outside vanilla, toggleable or not.
You are still shouting "it won't be 100% vanilla experience anyway, so change it even more!"
But if only one person (a player itself) sees himself as a Lichking - is this a problem? It's a fantasy gane after all, and for me there is no problem. For everyone else that player will be just a simple human warrior in grey armor. Same with toggable models/graphics - it affects only one player, who toggles it. Everyone else see everything in their bad graphics/old models.

you people are hilarious.

if i was given option to look like lich king, it would be devestating to my immersion and my experience and it would be so out of Place, and stupid option that i would probably not even play classic.

but sure, you guys call me crazy for not wanting "optional" options for the game, hey, while we're at it, let's add LFR with no rewards, afterall ,it doesn't affect anyone's gameplay anymore since it's 100% optional and no rewards, and oh, let's add group finder menu, that's also 100% optional, no harm done, don't use it if you don't want to.

sure, call me crazy, i don't mind.
Don't know if it's relevant, will having a toggle for graphics affect hitbox sizes? I know they changed them several times and in Vanilla/TBC orc female had a tiny hitbox and tauren was huge for example. If so they would need to standardise the models hitboxes.

Possibly talking utter garbage, it's early on a Monday so forgive me :P
But if only one person (a player itself) sees himself as a Lichking - is this a problem? It's a fantasy gane after all, and for me there is no problem. For everyone else that player will be just a simple human warrior in grey armor.

Exactly. And you don't see the problem of a player who continuously looks like a simple human warrior in grey armor, yet who is i.e. at max level and in full blue/epic gear? Suddenly, we'd have only simple human warriors in grey armor walking around, because everyone wants to look like the Lich King and nobody is paying attention to their appearances. Kind of a problem to a sense of immersion, wouldn't you say? Especially in a MMORPG.

Same with toggable models/graphics - it affects only one player, who toggles it. Everyone else see everything in their bad graphics/old models.

This post started as being about graphics I believe, but people seem hellbound on tying it to new models and animations. I don't mind a higher graphical setting that much, as long as it is just that. But I've explained in a previous post why models are out of the question:

1. Their animations, colours and patterns are different, which can give slight advantages in PvP when facing other players (i.e. recognizing the class easier due to a distinctive spell). And you might say this is negligible, but when you first say "it won't affect anyone", that doesn't mean a little effect.

2. People seem to forget this is an MMORPG. Appearances matter. The way you look to other players matters. Maybe not for me or you, but it might to others. By having toggleable models, you're taking that choice away from players who are more inclined to RP.

In my opinion these reasons are compelling enough to not add new models/animations.
09/07/2018 07:13Posted by Агграэль
If it's not a deliberate change, I can live with it.

Hurr durr, I can live with that but I can't live with a button that exists which I don't even have to press. My god, thats the hardest and most disgusting thing in the world. A button. Really disturbs you, doesn't it?

09/07/2018 08:26Posted by Cai
while we're at it, let's add LFR with no rewards, afterall ,it doesn't affect anyone's gameplay anymore since it's 100% optional and no rewards, and oh, let's add group finder menu

Here we go, again. Acting and arguing like a little kid that is sad because he didn't get what he wanted. By the way, were you joking or are you literally that stupid to believe LFR wouldn't change the gameplay? It would, even if you don't chose to use it yourself. Thats a clear thing, but you seem to have trouble understanding even the slightest things. And please, for gods sake, don't tell me you need me to explain to you why LFR would be a huge change to the game, because that would mean your IQ is below the one of a kid that hasn't even been to Kindergarden yet.

09/07/2018 09:38Posted by Hedhel
In my opinion these reasons are compelling enough to not add new models/animations.

100% agreed. New models/animations aren't even in the discussion to be added. Nobody likes them, so thats that. Better graphics however would be very nice for a lot of people - and therefore they are worthy to discuss.
Here we go, again. Acting and arguing like a little kid that is sad because he didn't get what he wanted. By the way, were you joking or are you literally that stupid to believe LFR wouldn't change the gameplay? It would, even if you don't chose to use it yourself. Thats a clear thing, but you seem to have trouble understanding even the slightest things. And please, for gods sake, don't tell me you need me to explain to you why LFR would be a huge change to the game, because that would mean your IQ is below the one of a kid that hasn't even been to Kindergarden yet.

and here you go again, taking things completely out of context.

if you would actually read whom i quoted you'd see that here are people who are in favor for even adding lichking models to the game, aslong as they're optional.

but while we're at it, please do explain how LFR without rewards would affect YOUR gameplay, aslong as LFR wouldn't provide additional loot, assuming ofcourse you're not intrested in LFR and would run normal versions of the instance.

it wouldn't, best you could think of would be that there's less player pool to choose from, when forming normal raid, wich is ofcourse based on nothing but assumptions, and my LFR example was just a way to demonstrate how rubbish, "optional" argument is, it holds zero value whatsoever.

now, i have said this before, i don't mind graphical updates aslong as graphics remain the same, meaning models, textures and animations.
09/07/2018 10:31Posted by Cai
and here you go again, taking things completely out of context.

Wrong.

if you would actually read whom i quoted you'd see that here are people who are in favor for even adding lichking models to the game

Wrong. He never said he's in favor for even adding Lichking models to the game. He's just saying if he himself sees his character as the Lichking, it won't affect your own gameplay, which he is right about.

but while we're at it, please do explain how LFR without rewards would affect YOUR gameplay, aslong as LFR wouldn't provide additional loot

Because a lot of others might just run braindead LFR runs and the community would be disturbed by it. People wouldn't need to get into Teamspeak or anything because LFR is braindead mode. And besides that, LFR is something that isn't just just visual, it's another game-/raid mode. It's a big change and not even close the same thing as adding graphics updates. If you think these two things have anything in common, please, do it for your own sake and go out into the world. You'll eventually realize how big the world is and how many ways there are.

and my LFR example was just a way to demonstrate how rubbish, "optional" argument is, it holds zero value whatsoever.

It's "rubbish" in the eye of a spoiled kid that wants everything his way and doesn't want to accept anything else besides what he/she wants.

now, i have said this before, i don't mind graphical updates aslong as graphics remain the same, meaning models, textures and animations.

So now all of a sudden you don't have anything against graphical updates to the game? Nobody here (at least not me) wants new models, animations and other crap like that.
He's just saying if he himself sees his character as the Lichking, it won't affect your own gameplay, which he is right about.

it doesn't affect my gameplay, because such option given to me would wreck my immersion so badly, that i won't even play the game ?

ok. I quess he's right.
Because a lot of others might just run braindead LFR runs and the community would be disturbed by it.

nothing but speculations and assumptions, here, let me at it :

adding toggle mode for Graphics is so bad for the game, that people just wouldn't play it anymore, the community would be majorly disrupted By this and would affect my gameplay.
People wouldn't need to get into Teamspeak or anything because LFR is braindead mode. And besides that, LFR is something that isn't just just visual, it's another game-/raid mode.

nice explanation why LFR is horrible, doesn't explain how it would affect your gameplay though, because it's optional, you know ?
If you think these two things have anything in common, please, do it for your own sake and go out into the world. You'll eventually realize how big the world is and how many ways there are.

they have 2 things in common, "optional" part and neither of them was in classic.

so there you go.
It's "rubbish" in the eye of a spoiled kid that wants everything his way and doesn't want to accept anything else besides what he/she wants.

yeah, i don't want changes to be made to the game i'm waiting for, what a spoiled little brat i am.
09/07/2018 11:43Posted by Endlesscc
So now all of a sudden you don't have anything against graphical updates to the game? Nobody here (at least not me) wants new models, animations and other crap like that.

then mayby don't take my text out of context, i was responsing to the people who wants legion models as toggle option or any other ridicilous crap like that, thank you, you are free to read what others write here and you can clearly see that some people wants modern wow models and animations as toggle option for the game and that's what i've been talking about all time long, not graphicals updates that keeps the game as it was, i have spesificly mentioned this everytime i respond to you, and i do so again.
09/07/2018 12:40Posted by Cai
it doesn't affect my gameplay, because such option given to me would wreck my immersion so badly, that i won't even play the game ?

It's a bad example from him with Tmorph, but I don't even get it anyway why you guys argue about sh*t that doesn't even matter the slightest.
An option to play as the Lichking would be disturbing, yes, but thats something different than a graphical option. Comparing these two is literally comparing an apple to an elephant.

adding toggle mode for Graphics is so bad for the game, that people just wouldn't play it anymore

But people out and add in special snowflakes. Would fit perfectly, right?
adding toggle mode for Graphics is so bad for the game, that special snowflakes just wouldn't play it anymore

yeah, i don't want changes to be made to the game i'm waiting for, what a spoiled little brat i am.

Yes, you literally are. Wanna know why? Because everyone (even idiots that want LFR (with loot) added to Classic have the right to speak up and voice their own opinion - just as much as you. You thinking your opnion is the only right and very mucho best opinion there is makes you a spoiled brat. Thats why I suggested you to leave your room/house/apartment to eventually learn that there is more than just you.

On the other hand, graphical updates aren't really changes. They are updates. It's not like Blizzard would add completely new things to the game. They'd just update the graphics to make them a little tiny bit more appealing. Thats all, which isn't a change, but an update. Adding LFR, adding what ever the flying f*ck is a change, yes.

i was responsing to the people who wants legion models as toggle option

Nobody wants that. You more or less just assumed that. Stop assuming. And if it's 1 person that wants something like that you don't have to cry out loud - because it wont matter what that person wants.
No changes ..... obviously.
08/07/2018 21:06Posted by Агграэль
08/07/2018 17:51Posted by Daive
If you want classic for it's graphic you want is for a wrong reason.

Funny how you react to this but completely ignore my post where I described what kind of changes will be necessary to put classic on par with a modern technology and standards.
Higher resolution textures are coming for sure because of the native support for 2k and 4k that is definitely going to be added as well. And 21:9 probably too.

Other things that you should expect will be high resolution dynamic shadow, volumetric lighting, maybe ambient occlusion. There is a lots of stuff that will be added.

You will of course be able to put your graphics on low to get your vanilla "atmosphere", but there goes your Nochanges..
Blizzard have some standard. Expecting people with 4k rigs to play the game in stretched 1080p with 15 years old textures is not their style.
09/07/2018 13:57Posted by Endlesscc
Nobody wants that. You more or less just assumed that. Stop assuming. And if it's 1 person that wants something like that you don't have to cry out loud - because it wont matter what that person wants.

why are you even arguing with me seriously ?

I have nothing againts updated Graphics aslong as models, animations and textures remains the same.

if you disagree with what i said above, please do tell, stop quoting text out of context and turn it into what you want to belive it means.

i have talked about only about togglable(legion, BFA) Graphics, meaning models, animations and textures.

and no matter how much you say people don't want this, some people do, even on this thread, stop trying to deny this.

you are talking about totally different topic than i am, just stop quoting if you can't follow.

people i have quoted wants to have updated (legion) models, animations and textures as a togglable option, you are picking my text and turning it into bull!@#$, for no reason at all.

here, let me quote the freakin op himself
@Xion said:
I personally would prefer the old ones to be honest while I would be in favor of an option to freely choose between the old and the new models and animations.

"no one wants this", please, keep in topic, leave if you can't follow, instead of accusing me of bull!@#$ you make up in your head.
I don't like look of Orc and Troll with broken backs. I definetly want it to be toggle able, so I can have improved visuals (BfA) that will look great on my 4k monitor. People that are against it are narrow minded.

Otherwise I will be using addon to get it.
10/07/2018 04:50Posted by Wîlliamx
People that are against it are narrow minded.

Really? You claim that a group of people are narrow-minded even though they've given you plenty of clear information as to why they're against something, yet you've outright refused to read any of it?

Sounds pretty... Dare I say it? Narrow-minded.

You wont be using add-ons, because add-ons can't change in-game models; that's what Tmorph does and it can get you banned.