Regarding graphics?

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
10/07/2018 06:09Posted by Miylee
10/07/2018 04:50Posted by Wîlliamx
People that are against it are narrow minded.

Really? You claim that a group of people are narrow-minded even though they've given you plenty of clear information as to why they're against something, yet you've outright refused to read any of it?

Sounds pretty... Dare I say it? Narrow-minded.

You wont be using add-ons, because add-ons can't change in-game models; that's what Tmorph does and it can get you banned.

Yeah really. People like you compare it to transmog which is not the same. If someone are using transmog i cant determine what they are wearing/stats which will affect PvP and btw its a feature not an enhancement. So yeah ppl that are against toggle option are narrow minded.
10/07/2018 07:08Posted by Агграэль
10/07/2018 04:50Posted by Wîlliamx
I don't like look of Orc and Troll with broken backs. I definetly want it to be toggle able, so I can have improved visuals (BfA) that will look great on my 4k monitor. People that are against it are narrow minded.

Otherwise I will be using addon to get it.

"I don't want Classic, people who want Classic are narrow minded"
I proved my point. You guys have no real arguments against toggle option.
08/07/2018 21:06Posted by Агграэль
08/07/2018 17:51Posted by Daive
If you want classic for it's graphic you want is for a wrong reason.

If you don't want classic with old graphics than you want a wrong game.
Why? Rest of the code have been upgraded and it is new why not add better graphic as option?

"If you have LCD monitor, HD or better you shouldn't play Classic"
@williamx:

it's been explained here on several times, to keep it short, one of the essential part of roleplay in multiplayer games(you know, with other players.) is that we all see the world and each other the same way.

Армстронг has made very good post in page2, read there if you are intrested, if you want longer explanation.

now, the proper explanation has been given, if you don't want to see it and don't care about that aspect of the game, then you are the one who is narrow minded.
Sorry for hurting you narrow minded radical nostalgia hypocrite cultists but im using WoD models on the private servers and there is many of us.

I know most of you are hypocrites, most of you want changes like more than 3.6k pop on the servers. Better graphics toggle option only make the game more satisfying for some people and it doesn't affect the gameplay. But increasing population will affect questing, resource nodes, mobs, pvp and trade.
10/07/2018 21:10Posted by Wîlliamx

Yeah really. People like you compare it to transmog which is not the same. If someone are using transmog i cant determine what they are wearing/stats which will affect PvP and btw its a feature not an enhancement. So yeah ppl that are against toggle option are narrow minded.

Exacept you're entirely wrong. You can have a "transmog toggle" which will allow you to see people's transmogs, or not. If the toggle isn't selected, you see the actual gear that they are wearing. That's how some private servers do it.

You can't really claim to have "proven" (not proved, FYI) when you've done nothing of the sort.

So yeah; I'll stick to my initial comment: you ARE narrow minded.
10/07/2018 21:19Posted by Cai
@williamx:

it's been explained here on several times, to keep it short, one of the essential part of roleplay in multiplayer games(you know, with other players.) is that we all see the world and each other the same way.

Армстронг has made very good post in page2, read there if you are intrested, if you want longer explanation.

now, the proper explanation has been given, if you don't want to see it and don't care about that aspect of the game, then you are the one who is narrow minded.

but you are exclusive and toggle option is inclusive.

And no one is asking for transmog here. Atleast not the majority.

We are asking for option for more and better(taste differ) character models and casting animation.
Human and night elf male casting? Dumbest thing ever.
Maybe I want casting style on my human male mage as undead male or human female(2 of my personal best).

Then have an option in interface/graphics:

1. Sea all models as Vanilla
2. See all models as BfA
3. See your model as Vanilla and all other as BfA
4. See your model as BfA and all other as Vanilla

Select it once and forget forever that it exist.

Also, there were human male warriors/paladins in Vanilla that they pretended to be the Lich King, as he existed back then. He was just not in the main story then.
Never seen toggle able transmog. Not sure how it is relevant to this thread.

10/07/2018 21:30Posted by Miylee
10/07/2018 21:10Posted by Wîlliamx

Exacept you're entirely wrong. You have have a "transmog toggle" which will allow you to see people's transmogs, or not. If the toggle isn't selected, you see the actual gear that they are wearing. That's how some private servers do it.

You can't really claim to have "proven" (not proved, FYI) when you've done nothing of the sort.

So yeah; I'll stick to my initial comment: you ARE narrow minded.
I proved my point. His reply only illustrated that he was narrow minded. So how does my use WoD models have negative affect on vanilla servers?
10/07/2018 21:52Posted by Wîlliamx
I proved my point. His reply only illustrated that he was narrow minded. So how does my use WoD models have negative affect on vanilla servers?

The only thing you've >proven< is that you're an absolute idiot.

Defeating the entire point of the server is a negative effect. Allowing people access to things outside of the classic experience simply opens the floodgates for the game to be absolutely ruined; for everyone.

____

Toggle-able transmog is available on Ascension. It is relevant to the thread; you'd know that if you bothered reading, instead of being extremely selective as to what you respond to.
Optional character models with a toggle button. That's what Blizzard said when the new models were introduced and look where we are now. Old models ruined with new animations and glitches and some of the models were actually removed from the game. Gee I wonder why people get so upset when you want to bring new models to classic.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
"I don't want Classic, people who want Classic are narrow minded"
I proved my point. You guys have no real arguments against toggle option.

I have. "Vanilla means vanilla"

10/07/2018 21:16Posted by Wîlliamx
Why? Rest of the code have been upgraded and it is new why not add better graphic as option?

Players do not see code. Players see graphics. Feel the difference.

10/07/2018 21:16Posted by Wîlliamx
"If you have LCD monitor, HD or better you shouldn't play Classic"

My monitor is not part of the game.

10/07/2018 21:30Posted by Wîlliamx
Sorry for hurting you narrow minded radical nostalgia hypocrite cultists but im using WoD models on the private servers and there is many of us.

So what prevents you from using them on Classic then?
10/07/2018 21:51Posted by Rizzenn
10/07/2018 21:19Posted by Cai
@williamx:

We are asking for option for more and better(taste differ) character models and casting animation.
Maybe I want casting style on my human male mage as undead male or human female(2 of my personal best).

2. See all models as BfA

Also, there were human male warriors/paladins in Vanilla that they pretended to be the Lich King, as he existed back then. He was just not in the main story then.

Again that entitled mentality.
"I want, I want, I want..."

You want undead cast animations? Then play undead.
10/07/2018 14:55Posted by Leisapra
In vanilla you don't care about your look, you care about the stats on your gear. T2 shaman shoulders drop and you want to equip it? Too bad its stats are garbage and T1 shoulders are better. If you want to raid with the former ones, expect your raid leader to yell at you and kick you from the group.

In general that is definitely true, but just because stats were most important didn't mean nobody cared about their looks. While indeed stats decided which gear you wore, if you had the chance to make your character look cool, you definitely took it. For example, even while raiding, you had the option to hide or show your helmet and cape. And, during leveling, sometimes you could choose between two items with similar stats and you'd pick the one who looked good because it didn't matter that much during leveling. Also, players might wear a separate set of gear (perhaps those T2 shoulders look really cool in Ironforge but are useless in raiding) while not doing dungeons, raiding or pvp'ing. These are just a few examples why looks could matter to a random player.

10/07/2018 14:55Posted by Leisapra
In conclussion, I'm still waiting for someone to give a rational and valid argument against an option for new models in Classic besides "STOP LIKING WHAT I DISLIKE!".

Then you've not read the previous posts in which I explained what my two most fundamental reasons are against a toggle for models, besides not understanding why you would want such a thing.

1. Their animations, colours and patterns are different, which can give slight advantages in PvP when facing other players (i.e. recognizing the class easier due to a distinctive spell). And you might say this is negligible, but when you first say "it won't affect anyone", that doesn't mean a little effect.

2. People seem to forget this is an MMORPG. Like I explained above, even for the general player, appearances matter. The way you look to other players matters. Maybe not for me or you, but it might to others. By having toggleable models, you're taking that choice away, especially from players who are more inclined to RP.

Now, you may dismiss this as nonsense, negligible or "people who want to RP should only play on RP server", but the case remains that you cannot prevent a certain amount of spillover. And in my opinion this is inconsistent with your main argument, namely that it doesn't affect anybody else.

10/07/2018 20:25Posted by Leisapra
Notice I only said models, not animations. I'm aware that new animations would offer an unfair advantage in PvP.

So you want the new models but the old animations? What's next, some guy who wants the old models with the new animations? And while you may make a distinction between animations and models, most people who want a toggle don't.

I'm just going to keep repeating my arguments against a toggle, besides the obvious "Classic is to be as close a respresentation of Vanilla as possible".

1. New models' animations, colours and patterns are different, which can give slight advantages in PvP when facing other players (i.e. recognizing the class easier due to a distinctive spell). And you might say this is negligible, but when you first say "it won't affect anyone", that doesn't mean a little effect.

2. People seem to forget this is an MMORPG. Like I explained above, even for the general player, appearances matter to a certain extent. The way you look to other players matters. Maybe not for me or you, but it might to others. By having toggleable models, you're taking that choice away, especially from players who are more inclined to RP.

So there is definitely some form of spillover. No effect means no effect, not a little bit of effect.
10/07/2018 22:04Posted by Miylee

Toggle-able transmog is available on Ascension. It is relevant to the thread; you'd know that if you bothered reading, instead of being extremely selective as to what you respond to.

Wow ... So now, Blizzard should look at what is done on private to create the authentic experience of their OWN game ?
Espcially a such "bad" idea, not even existing on retail.

I don't mind about a toggle to new and old character if some of you want to play HD character in low definition world (even if old character/world is beautiful for me).

Such a shame that's this world is really ALL about look, even in a game
10/07/2018 20:38Posted by Rizzenn
principles does not change the facts.

Fact is, if it is client side, you still have your "classic" graphics.

It's about principles and the fact that you will either consciously or sub-consciously know they are looking at you with the updated models and animations and that breaks any immersion you might've gotten. The only way to make sure everyone is on the same level of immersion, is to force the same models and animations and other graphical features. Don't like it? Go play retail.
If You really want to have old graphics as a part of the game, then blizzard should also provide limited internet connection, hard caps on realm count and player count in realms, so we can have a vanilla start experience (long queues, massive lags, etc.).
And argument that optional graphics affects gameplay, because there is this button deep in the options is just a clear nonsense. Same as, there is always an option tu jump of the 18th floor, so people should only live on the ground. Because there is an option...
11/07/2018 07:05Posted by Агграэль

2. See all models as BfA

And?

If you do not want or ask for anything you will get nothing.

And if you have option to have "original" human casting animation, what do you care about other humans and their casting animation?
11/07/2018 11:54Posted by Rizzenn
11/07/2018 07:05Posted by Агграэль

And?

If you do not want or ask for anything you will get nothing.

And if you have option to have "original" human casting animation, what do you care about other humans and their casting animation?

Already mentioned that twice. Matter of principle and "vanilla means vanilla".
11/07/2018 11:32Posted by Pvpmeistras
If You really want to have old graphics as a part of the game, then blizzard should also provide limited internet connection, hard caps on realm count and player count in realms, so we can have a vanilla start experience (long queues, massive lags, etc.).

And how are old graphics related to technical issues of Vanilla? Just because the looks of a game are being recreated as authentic as possible, does not mean you have to recreate unstable servers, bugs and exploits, and other technical issues that impair on gameplay. We want Classic as similar to Vanilla as possible, but technical problems are things that understandably will be different.

And argument that optional graphics affects gameplay, because there is this button deep in the options is just a clear nonsense.

A purely graphical setting is something I'm fine with. Yet you have been asking for more than that, including new models and animations. And that is the main problem.

Same as, there is always an option tu jump of the 18th floor, so people should only live on the ground. Because there is an option...

Except that when people exercise the option to toggle graphics/models/animations, they don't kill themselves.. But keep the great analogies coming.