Kor'Kron Wolf from AOTC in SoO

General
20/06/2018 15:12Posted by Ektelion
20/06/2018 15:06Posted by Punyelf

There are mounts I don't have, I didn't do the CM mount in WoD. I'm not crying over it because I didn't go and do the necessary to get it. I do not think it should be brought in because I didn't do it when the content was relevant.

I will say it again, the CM mount in WoD has nothing to do with a Race like the Kor'kron wolf does.

Mounts that have no connection to the lore or a race are irrelevant, that's why i am creating this topic in the first place.

It's a lore thing to have something like an orc or a human mount, just like i farmed 1000+ runs for the tusks of mannoroth.

It's exactly the same. Maybe you prefer a non CM comparison so... it was a special reward like the moose was in HFC and the bird is for ABT.
Completing each of the PvP world quests excluding the warden tower ones 20 times gives a pretty similar mount if that would be a sufficient replacement OP.
you had over a year to get it and didn't bother. too bad. use the prestigeous or vicious war wolves instead.
You played it, you did it - fine.
You didn't - too bad for you. I didn't raid Mythic SoO but I want Garrosh mount as a 100% drop, even today - see what I did there?!

20/06/2018 14:30Posted by Beetix
It's not a racial mount, it's a unique armored Kor'kron wolf, which fit as a reward for a AotC.

This!
20/06/2018 15:45Posted by Sighuman
You played it, you did it - fine.
You didn't - too bad for you. I didn't raid Mythic SoO but I want Garrosh mount as a 100% drop, even today - see what I did there?!

20/06/2018 14:30Posted by Beetix
It's not a racial mount, it's a unique armored Kor'kron wolf, which fit as a reward for a AotC.

This!

There's no other kor'kron wolf mount... ( by name,race ) only regular wolves

The mythic mount from garrosh is still available at 1% drop, as this is not.
See the difference?
20/06/2018 15:51Posted by Ektelion
The mythic mount from garrosh is still available at 1% drop, as this is not.
See the difference?

The difference is that you want something just because you didn't play back there...
But ok, I will give it a shot, just to show you how dumb you sound.

I want the old Reins of the Plagued Proto-Drake from the old version of Glory of the Raider (10 player) and I want the Swift Zulian Tiger - both can appear in BMAH, so your might appear there too, just make sure to have the gold ;)
By the way, I want the CM Mog-gear from MoP on all my chars - only got it on my Hunter.
20/06/2018 15:51Posted by Ektelion
There's no other kor'kron wolf mount... ( by name,race )

So it has to be NAMED Kor'kron? Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds?
isn't the name "racial mount" implicating it is available to everyone of that race or allied with it?
go make a bnet acc, make a char, buy a boost, go to the mount vendor of your race- that are your racial mounts. if its your race all you need is the gold to buy it.

That mount was never a racial mount because it was never available to every orc.
there is no "horse=human, cat=nightelf, moose=highmountain tauren" automatism.
Someone that started in legion and plays highmountain will not get the Moose from Draenor. no matter how moosey it is.

reward for timed achievement is not drop is not vendor item.
20/06/2018 14:26Posted by Andromeda
For suggestion - use the ingame tool.

For rant - go back to Tumblr.

So what exactly is the forum for, again?
I will say it again, the CM mount in WoD has nothing to do with a Race like the Kor'kron wolf does.

Mounts taken away after raids /dungeons

CM MoP
CM WoD
AOTC SoO
AOTC HFC
AOTC Antorus

its nothing new and its not a racial mount never has been please please get facts right.
20/06/2018 16:30Posted by Volva

Mounts taken away after raids /dungeons

CM MoP
CM WoD
AOTC SoO
AOTC HFC
AOTC Antorus

its nothing new and its not a racial mount never has been please please get facts right.

It's a racial mount to him cuz Kor'kron is Horde thing (Not 100% Orc, until MoP actually) + wolf..
If they bring back the Kor'kron wolf they should bring back the naxx proto drakes, challenge mode armor, weapons, mounts and all the other unobtainable items.
Sorry to say this but the real reason people want those mounts is for mainly one reason.

To preen. "Look at me!! I have a raid mount I worked for!! (More likely, bought a boost for)"

How many people did you see running about on them during SoO?

How many do you see using it NOW?

Fast forward now to a purple reskin of a hawk.

You will hardly see it in BfA when it becomes unfashionable.
I have the mount and to be honest it wouldn't bother me one bit if it was brought back or had just remained in the game in the first place with a very small chance of being obtained. Removing things just so some players can feel special is not something I really think is necessary in games that seem to have a lot of focus around collections. It's something that's actually turning me away from the game personally. I'm really failing to see the point in collections and obtaining items for them when the collections themselves are never possible to be completed.
Build a timemachine I guess. I was happy to get it as my first curve mount (though it was the first curve mount to be introduced, so obviously).

You have plenty of other wolves to choose from. Use those instead.
I actually think the wolf mounts from WoD are much nicer looking. They all have the same crap running animation though, I don't use them just for that reason.
20/06/2018 14:22Posted by Ektelion
As the topic says, i want to make a suggestion to exclusively return the Kor'kron Wolf as an obtainable mount through out the whole timeline of World of Warcraft.

Such racial mounts should not be put on AoTC rewards then removed.

Should not be greedy and buy carry for it or play for it.
I accept your point about the mount being more heavily lore related to one group, but there are other mounts that are tied to the horde. Why not just ride one of the orc race mounts? The kor'kron chose to go fully with Garrosh, so the mount is the reward we get for taking them down - and now they are disbanded and scattered so the source has dried up.
no
Hey, at least you can still choose one of the other 298178 Orc themed mounts.

Other races though...