WOW51900322: streaming error

Technical Support
People, if anyone who has Windows can share their Cache folder, I would appreciate it. To buy Windows just for that folder is inappropriate solution for me. I hope that Microsoft didn't bought Blizzard, otherwise all Linux community will be unable to play this game anymore...
25/06/2018 09:21Posted by Tiogaradh
Hey guys,
Just to be clear are you all on Linux based systems? Since we don't support Linux I'm unable to provide you with any troubleshooting steps.

@Tiogaradh
Could you provide us with standard Windows troubleshooting steps, and we would try to work on them?

I had that problem week ago, and it was crashing only when I had TSM and WeakAuras turned on. Without them it was working fine. Today it crashes even with all addons turned on.

Deleting cache did not help. Game repair claimed there is nothing to repair.

The good news is that the issue is not present on Beta, so hopefully the issue will disappear in the new expansion or even on pre-patch.

If you need any kind of information that could help you with triaging this bug, please contact me on email, and I will do my best to help you.

PS: when I tried to preview this comment with calling a nick prefixed with "@", I got "undefined" error instead of a preview. Without it it was fine.
27/06/2018 21:47Posted by Morbidmind
when I tried to preview this comment with calling a nick prefixed with "@", I got "undefined" error instead of a preview. Without it it was fine.

That's weird because there's no mention feature of any kind that could break posting, it should be regular text.
There doesn't seem to be an article for that particular error, so they might not have any standard troubleshooting steps for it to give you.
Oh, asked guildmate for the Cache archive, and that fixed my issues as well. Auctioneer addon works as well now.
I switched out the Linux Cache folder for an older copy I still have on my Windows drive and it seems to have worked like a charm! Played for a few hours with no issues.

If anyone needs a copy of the Windows Cache folder, I'm sure I could provide. Pretty sure it wouldn't break any ToS rules or anything.

Btw, I use Arch.
28/06/2018 00:05Posted by Bearable
I switched out the Linux Cache folder for an older copy I still have on my Windows drive and it seems to have worked like a charm! Played for a few hours with no issues.

If anyone needs a copy of the Windows Cache folder, I'm sure I could provide. Pretty sure it wouldn't break any ToS rules or anything.

Btw, I use Arch.

Any chance you could upload that Cache folder zipped to an upload service? Maybe if you use dropbox you could make a public upload there.
Modigliani (US server) just made a Cache available to the community:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20765466460?page=2#post-34

Thanks to her/him!
Just in case the US version doesn't work for some reason or it doesn't work for you.

Here's a link to mine I've uploaded:

https://send.firefox.com/download/c22e534a2f/#soS634yv81A9TkjHAu0AiA

It has a limited life as a link, so if anyone needs it again, hit me up on Boot#2815 and leave me an offline message.
As of the issue of a lot of us being on Linux based systems. Please release the in house Linux game client. You support MacOS with OpenGL. Yes I know the arguments that the players base of Linux is "small" but I regress. It's larger than it meets the eye.
lutris forum link on the subject
https://forums.lutris.net/t/world-of-warcraft-streaming-error/2322/3
27/06/2018 21:53Posted by Nyshae

That's weird because there's no mention feature of any kind that could break posting, it should be regular text.

Might be an issue with the character itself. They have implemented some kind of markup for comments, so they are interpreted somehow, they are not regular text.
There is a cache uploaded to Github:
https://github.com/1thumbbmcc/wowcache/blob/master/Cache.zip

Deleting the cache folder and unpacking the zip from the repository above fixed the issue for me.
Just wanted to say thanks. Another Linux player here with the same issue. Been trying deleting cache folder, using the Move Character self-help service, sending tickets and so on. Luckily I had a windows disk with WoW installed laying around so copied the Cache dir, and finally I can log in again. Much appreciated!
Just to add a slightly different one, i used a Cache folder from a Mac installation.

Also worked like a charm (although the game is a bit choppy now, but i can't really blame it on the cache, i think).

So yeah, regenerating the Cache folder doesn't work, but copying a Cache folder from a working installation works.
Thank you to everyone who posted their cache! I used one and now everything works again.
After further experimentation, it seems that the issue continues if you install any addons.

Clean of addons, and with a Windows/Mac cache, it works just fine, but as soon as you add anything, back to the streaming error.

Anyone found a solution for this?

EDIT : Found it! (Thanks to the Wine Forums for this). After installing addons, you need to DELETE your Cache folder and replace it with the Windows/Mac one. Don't overwrite it, don't merge it, just delete the Cache folder and put in the new one.

Then go through the grueling task of configuring all your addons again!
Maybe backing up the Cache folder before adding changes would be enough? And after first turn on, when it crashes, restoring old cache folder?
I think it should keep working, while keeping the previous configs intact.
Had the same issue on BFA. The cache trick worked!
31/08/2018 16:17Posted by Kimlj
The cache trick worked!
Happy to hear that Kimlji, but please do not bump such old threads.