Mage Towers

General
What an epic experience. Thank you so much for making these and the transmogs associated with them Blizzard. I had an absolute blast doing the protection warrior one and the fury warrior one.
Hope i still have time to do the arms one before prepatch hits :)
One of best things added in Legion. Im on 33/36 so far. Leveling priest. Hope i can do it :D

I wish they add similar stuff in the future.
Its sad to see how negative people were about these challenges just because they couldn’t steamroll it as soon as the first mage tower was up...

Even though I was able to get my mage tower challenges done quite early on my mains I still enjoyed them and I really hope blizzard will add more singleplayer challenges in BFA :)
Loved them!
05/07/2018 22:32Posted by Invicious
Its sad to see how negative people were about these challenges just because they couldn’t steamroll it as soon as the first mage tower was up...

Even though I was able to get my mage tower challenges done quite early on my mains I still enjoyed them and I really hope blizzard will add more singleplayer challenges in BFA :)

Back when they were first up they were straight up impossible even for skilled players like myself...mostly due to gear requirements being too high. (and also one or two mechanics they didnt think about properly)

If they are going to add singleplayer challenges again they better make them more like Brawlers as in actually balanced for the time its released...not some point in distant future.
06/07/2018 04:00Posted by Avendalia
05/07/2018 22:32Posted by Invicious

Back when they were first up they were straight up impossible even for skilled players like myself...mostly due to gear requirements being too high. (and also one or two mechanics they didnt think about properly)

If they are going to add singleplayer challenges again they better make them more like Brawlers as in actually balanced for the time its released...not some point in distant future.

They were balanced, you are just not as good as you think to be, Which knowing your view on a lot of subjects discussed on the forum doesn't surprise me at all ^^
06/07/2018 05:23Posted by Darkduprey
They were balanced, you are just not as good as you think to be, Which knowing your view on a lot of subjects discussed on the forum doesn't surprise me at all ^^

You can't say they where balanced when it's the exact same challenge across the board for multiple classes regardelss of play style . At this point in time i have done 20 mage towers and i can say withouth a doubt that some classes have a much easier time then other regardless of gear .

No, they're not. When I did mage tower on this character all I did was spam feint with will of valeera, I didn't even bother to do the mechanics properly and was just outhealing everything. An arcane mage can't go in and do the same regardless of the ilvl he has.
I liked the challenges as an experience but I did not liked there being transmogs as rewards which was used to string people into doing as many of them as possible. It should had been titles instead
The challenges were perfect, great set of challenging content, wish they would have capped the ilvl at 910-915 somewhere though so you couldn't just outgear it.
Especially the tank challenge, wonderful, did it on both Prot Warrior and Guardian and it's amazing how they design one fight and have it play so differently for two specs.
Next expac though i hope they bring back challenge mode dungeons and some new sets of challenge mode armor
06/07/2018 06:57Posted by Sileani

No, they're not. When I did mage tower on this character all I did was spam feint with will of valeera, I didn't even bother to do the mechanics properly and was just outhealing everything. An arcane mage can't go in and do the same regardless of the ilvl he has.

Maybe that's why I said "they were" and not "they are"?

The person I quoted was implying that they were not in the past.

I said they were, and now they are not anymore.

06/07/2018 06:51Posted by Kazejin

You can't say they where balanced when it's the exact same challenge across the board for multiple classes regardelss of play style . At this point in time i have done 20 mage towers and i can say withouth a doubt that some classes have a much easier time then other regardless of gear .

Yes, but we were speaking about balancing them around ilvl, not the balance between the different classes.

Can peoples read a little bit more carefully before answering me please? :p
They are great. I'm just sad I left it so late before starting on them! Just completed my second one (survival), after getting BM a while back. Now I need MM to finish my hunter, resto druid as it's my favourite out of all of them, and maybe another handful if I can gear up my alts in time...

I found BM very easy but survival was quite frustrating. Getting it after all those wipes is a great feeling :)

I really, really hope they add more content like this in the future! It's great to have something challenging that players can complete on their own. That said, if I never have to look at Archmage Xylem and his "magnificent self" again I'll be happy ;)

06/07/2018 07:31Posted by Eosferon
I liked the challenges as an experience but I did not liked there being transmogs as rewards which was used to string people into doing as many of them as possible. It should had been titles instead

Transmogs are a great reward and entirely fitting given the expansion's focus on artifacts. The only thing I dislike is they are keeping the transmogs spec-specific going forward. It's a bit of a shame as I love the MM bow but I don't care for the spec at all, so probably won't ever use it...

Will of valeera still existed when it was released and made it a joke for assassination rogues.
06/07/2018 18:34Posted by Sileani

Will of valeera still existed when it was released and made it a joke for assassination rogues.

Why? Sigryn isnt healing intensive fight. Its about mechanics.
06/07/2018 07:31Posted by Eosferon

Both are cosmetics so I don’t see your point here

If they were balanced then Blizzard wouldn't have nerfed the prot paladin challenge atleast once (I recall it being nerfed two times even) and they wouldn't have buffed the Guardian druid challenge (increased the range of decay aura.)

They were balanced more or less otherwise. It did not help that some of them had a few annoying bugs (Sygryn rune's hitbox being pretty tiny and that the valkyr wall sometimes spawned under the ground.)