Live Developer Q&A Thursday 7/19 – Submit Your Questions

General
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
In Legion LFR was pointless to run more than once (except Antorus). Will we have an incentive to run LFR several times in BfA, such as a several weeks long questline or gearing resources (like Valor Points or Wakening Essences)?
Since the entire factions of Ashran were removed for some reason (instead of being soloable like Tol Barad), will the rewards from Ashran return at some point (e.g. Timewalking)?
Before 7.3.5, I was oneshotting everything in Northrend at Level 81 maybe because of the Legacy buff (which should not be applied to zones) and had to leave Wrath. Now in 8.0 at level 85, these lvl 80 mobs feel just right by taking at least 5 hits.
Also I like to properly play old raids and the new less one-shotty PvP balance.
Good Job on the current balancing, I hope these things are intended?

(This is not sarcasm, I am being honest - a proper RPG is supposed to make you stronger with progression, not let you outright oneshot 66% of the game content with a max level char)
Why can't class who speak to Demons and understand Demonic from their demon cannot use Demonic Language in-game?
(Warlocks)
Any love for Gnomes coming in BFA?
Other than mekkatorq (and myself) the Gnomes don't seem to have many notable NPCs in the story. We must be past the point of being over run by troggs by now. I feel I've proven myself to the Alliance enough times by saving Azeroth that they might be willing to give us a hand getting our own capital city at least.
What are the playable classes for Dark Iron Dwarves, Mag'har Orcs, Kul Tirans and Zandalari Trolls?
19/07/2018 08:15Posted by Rumpelînchen
Before 7.3.5, I was oneshotting everything in Northrend at Level 81 and had to leave Wrath. Now in 8.0 at level 85, these lvl 80 mobs feel just right by taking at least 5 hits.
Also I like to properly play old raids and the new less one-shotty PvP balance.
Good Job on the current balancing, I hope these things are intended?

(This is not sarcasm, I am being honest - a propper RPG is supposed to make you stronger with progression, not let you outright oneshot 66% of the game content at max level)

We are no longer Legion max level, but bfA starter level. consider all your gear as green leveling gear.
Is the legacy loot mode intended to work as it is now ? Aka basically not working on the content of the previous expansion? If so what's the reasoning behind it? Thanks in advance.
The theme and the feel of the new zones in BfA are fantastic. What new stuff can the game offer to continue doing world quests after maxing reps, aaaand maybe getting bored of AP grind? Gaining AP isn't really a new thing after all. Just a consistent reward. Any plans to keep the world alive by motivating players to "go and do"?
How come Warlock Destruction and Afflication have received ZERO new Cast animations?

Also can you fix Chaos Bolt so that it doesn't just appear INSIDE of the Warlock?

The trail goes straight through us, makes it look kinda silly.
19/07/2018 09:10Posted by Grevaris
Is the legacy loot mode intended to work as it is now ? Aka basically not working on the content of the previous expansion? If so what's the reasoning behind it? Thanks in advance.

Same question - given that Legacy Loot was announced as a remedy for Personal Loot in old instances, why is it now forced to work only above 10 levels? This forces transmog hunters to use Personal Loot in instances from the last expansion which feels like an actual nerf than a fix.

I love the idea behind Legacy Loot, please reconsider changing it to work for 10 levels difference as well.
What were some of setbacks and challenges the Dev Team had to overcome with going from Legion to BFA on a technical and mechanics level?
Why did you add GCDs to long term buffs? It feels worse to play for instance Beast master now with multiple buffs introducing GCDs in the rotation.
got Advertised that they would be catch up gear on pvp strongbox's yet its not dropping any gear what gives?
Hi, will you please clarify when we will be able to unlock Kul Tirans and Zandalari?

From what I have seen my assumption is that we will be required to complete the BFA storyline for an achievement and then the relative reputation for each allied race, so in short the same time we can unlock Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag’har Orcs. Is this correct? :)
Are there any changes to the leveling experience for new players in the works? 120 levels can be a bit frightening for newcomers and the current low speed of leveling doesn't help.
Will warfronts be delayed until raids are released in BfA, since warfronts give out multiple sources of raid level gear?

If that is the case, do you consider this will cause a huge drought of war resource income for the first few weeks - since a lot comes from the warfront zone quests that require you to kill 20 mobs for 200 resources?

(And that it would delay being able to finish the war campaign talent tree since it requires killing warfront bosses?)
Regarding recent improvements of blood elf faces - do you plan more visual tweaks like this for old races? Or adding new face options?
Is it intentional that the 3d details on chests get removed when you mog hands that also have 3d details, this was not the case in 7.3.5. eg. the elbow armor on the t19 priest chest piece gets removed when you equip hands that also have 3d details, this was not the case in 7.3.5
Can you give us back the ability to play on real fullscreen mode via DX11 instead of windowed fullscreen? The performance impact is too much to bear.

Also the default UI looks really bad with it's new design. Can you give us the option to return back to default UI before patch 8.0.1? I don't like to use addons for changing the look of the deafult UI to look like default UI we have been using for years. Adding addons to your game always comes with the chance of getting a LUA error in the middle of a boss fight. I don't like this instability.