Accountwide reputation?

General
As hendrick I agree but should be Factionbound.
I don't understand why blizzard don't use MoP system. Get revered - get double reputation on your account, great system.
16/07/2018 08:25Posted by Ternezia
I don't think we will run out of stuff to do. There's so much NEW things to do in the game and they keep adding new achievements. I play casually and I haven't done even a small part of what is to be done in game.

16/07/2018 08:20Posted by Hendrick
What we have now is better than what we've ever had, why must you always have more?

Because things must constantly improve. Why should we be satisfied with soimething that is not working properly, even if it's a bit better than it was in the past? it could become even better in the future.

This so highly relative that it's not a good argument.
Things must always improve? That is highly debatable to begin with, but let's roll with that:

Your want is not an indication of a broken system. There is no necessity to change this, other than your malcontent. Improvement without necessity is just called change, and change for the sake of change is utterly pointless - it's an illness in our society today never to be content with what you have, and that more always brings us closer to happiness - a point which is never reached going about things like that. Because I can give you on a silver platter that even if this is changed, you'd find something else to be unhappy with and make threads about.
bah running out of things to do.This never happened in GW2 and they use more account bound than WoW can ever be.If GW2 can never run out of stuff to do then WoW will do just fine!
16/07/2018 09:12Posted by Hendrick
Your want is not an indication of a broken system. There is no necessity to change this, other than your malcontent. Improvement without necessity is just called change, and change for the sake of change is utterly pointless - it's an illness in our society today never to be content with what you have, and that more always brings us closer to happiness - a point which is never reached going about things like that. Because I can give you on a silver platter that even if this is changed, you'd find something else to be unhappy with and make threads about.

And...they woke up.

It is a broken system. Or semi-broken, to be exact. Blizzard themselves realized it and then they introduced account-wide as a concept. If they were content with the old system, they wouldn't do it. So it's not just a whim of some players, all we want is Blizzard to continue with improving the system.

I will not comment on the philosophical musings about change for the sake of change, society illness etc, such things only derail the topic.
One issue they would need to address is the competitive factions. i.e. Aldor and Scryers

At the moment i can have 1 toon exalted wth The Aldor and 1 toon exalted with The Scryers, if it become account wide which one will I lose?

Other examples
Oracles / Frenzyheart
Booty Bay / Bloodsail Bucc
etc
16/07/2018 05:27Posted by Ternezia
I wonder why there are no replies yet like "you want something, you have to work for it", "account-wide destroys the sense of immersion into a character", "you don't deserve it" and similar kind of bs. Suppose they will come soon once those folks wake up.

I think because perhaps grinding a reputation once is working for it. The mounts, pets, toys are accountwide. I remember grinding achievement points on two different characters after swapping between my paladin and my druid. They are both around 15k each. (before accountwide achievements) Can you imagine the feeling I had when they did make achievements accountwide and all my time, wasted. Time that I couldve spend on other things ingame.

The sole reason to grind a faction to exalted is to :
a) Gain a mount
b) Gain a toy
c) Gain a pet
d) Match that tabard with your transmog
e) Get that achievement that you can then link on your level 1 because it is accountwide

And then there is
f) For your reputation counter, the only thing on the list that isnt shared with any of your other characters, yet, the rest of the rewards are.
As i've said before, there should at least a counter that ticks off towards the achievement if you have the rep.

It annoys me that i have 91 exalted reps on this mage and potentially cant get to the 100 exalted achieve in bfa, unless they add 9 new factions. All because 8 year ago cataclysm hit and removed reps, that i grinded on other characters instead.

People shouldn't be punished for playing other classes, when blizzard change them into something they dont like/recognise anymore. (like my hunter poor hunter).

Btw If someone would like to tell me how i haven't "worked" (in a game we play for fun)for it, when i've literally grinded every rep twice including the insane again just to get to this point then feel free to.
16/07/2018 09:29Posted by Goresh
One issue they would need to address is the competitive factions. i.e. Aldor and Scryers

At the moment i can have 1 toon exalted wth The Aldor and 1 toon exalted with The Scryers, if it become account wide which one will I lose?

Other examples
Oracles / Frenzyheart
Booty Bay / Bloodsail Bucc
etc

You should be able to keep both if you got exalted with them. At the end of the day, if you did the farm for both of those factions on two different characters, they should count as two.
16/07/2018 09:31Posted by Luminositea

f) For your reputation counter, the only thing on the list that isnt shared with any of your other characters, yet, the rest of the rewards are.

Luminositea@

That is the problem the achievements,AP(achievement points),titles from reputations and other stuff are not account bound.It can be improved.
also back than it was fine as your character was in a nice place where you had many abilities to spice up things... now you get bored of a char pretty soon as they have no rp flavour and no creative ways to improve.

and adding allied races... and a new class every 2nd expack. do they want me to regrind old stuff with him or do they want me to regrind stuff with my main? it makes zero sense to not make them acc bound and especially now that the reward is a mount...
16/07/2018 09:34Posted by Eggs
As i've said before, there should at least a counter that ticks off towards the achievement if you have the rep.

It annoys me that i have 91 exalted reps on this mage and potentially cant get to the 100 exalted achieve in bfa, unless they add 9 new factions. All because 8 year ago cataclysm hit and removed reps, that i grinded on other characters instead.

People shouldn't be punished for playing other classes, when blizzard change them into something they dont like/recognise anymore. (like my hunter poor hunter).

Btw If someone would like to tell me how i haven't "worked" (in a game we play for fun)for it, when i've literally grinded every rep twice including the insane again just to get to this point then feel free to.

This. So much this.

If we could just get a tick next to each faction and that faction is only counted once across the account towards achievements like '70 Exalted Reputations' then I don't really see the problem. It won't make the grind any easier it just means we can play whatever alts we like without being punished.
This thing is like a meta achievment and should simply track account wide.
No one is asking for all chars to be exalted, it is just this one achievement that requires X unique exalted reps that should track the unique across all chars.

I guess the problem is the way they have it implemented now, by simply counting the amount of Exalted reps on a char. To reqork it someone would have to sit down and make it more like a meta achievment.

Still I can only agree with what people are saying here, this single one av is sting in my soul when it comes to rerolling... (which I usually do between expansions...). It's just mean towards people picking a fresh allied race char or a newly introduced class like DH (in Legion) as main.
16/07/2018 09:26Posted by Ternezia
16/07/2018 09:12Posted by Hendrick

And...they woke up.

It is a broken system. Or semi-broken, to be exact. Blizzard themselves realized it and then they introduced account-wide as a concept. If they were content with the old system, they wouldn't do it. So it's not just a whim of some players, all we want is Blizzard to continue with improving the system.

I will not comment on the philosophical musings about change for the sake of change, society illness etc, such things only derail the topic.

Not in the slightest. It's the mindset with which you judge things, even a game.
We've made our points, and we disagree - ultimately it's Blizz making the decisions, and we make do with that.

I just don't think going that way is going to fix anything in the long run.
16/07/2018 10:28Posted by Hendrick
16/07/2018 09:26Posted by Ternezia

And...they woke up.

Not in the slightest. It's the mindset with which you judge things, even a game.
We've made our points, and we disagree - ultimately it's Blizz making the decisions, and we make do with that.

I just don't think going that way is going to fix anything in the long run.

Perhaps weigh in on this issue on a character that has more than 7 exalted reputations and we might listen to what you have to say.
The least they could do is atleast make the 100 rep achievement account bound.
Personally I'd prefer if:
1. Individual Exalted reps across all alts counted towards the "Earn X Exalted reps" achievement.
2. Most items (especially recipes) were Account Bound.
3. Mounts, toy, mogs and Tabards weren't linked to specific alts with particular rep.

Grind a rep once and you get (most of) the benefits account wide. You've still done the work. You aren't getting instant access to anything.
I have been asking this for years, but i would be happy with realm and faction wide reputations, its just horrible idea thinking that if you have one class each and you would really grind the shiet out for them all is maaaaddnes i tells ya...

no one will grind 10x characater everything into exalted
There is no reason reputation should not be account-wide. It would keep me subscribed to the game, period.

Here are two primary conceptual solutions:

1) Primary faction reputation is shared faction-wide.
2) Neutral faction reputation is shared account-wide.

Finally, to address the vocal minority who never touched an alt in their life:

On the player creation screen add a big tickbox labelled: "Unhinged". The tooltip can read something along the lines of: "Ticking this box will isolate your character. You will not be able to benefit from any account-wide features including reputation gain, mount, pet and toy collections."

You're welcome.
At the moment i can farm Oracles and Frenzyheart at the same time on two different toons, if it's shared you can't.

I think if Oracles is +10 then Frenzyheart is -15 meaning if i farm both at the same time i'll end up hated with both.

Edit: Forgot to add - Ion said they would look at why people want to farm the same rep on multiple alts and fix that rather than accountwide reps - this was during the Q&A at the last blizzcon