Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 10 11 12 146 Next
i miss VE and HT.. Sincerely i hope they will find some kind of solution...

For invasions: they were yesterday both more simple than previous...
18/07/2018 15:08Posted by Kranken
f you actually meet someone like that. It is still rare. People have played on pvp servers for a long time, it wasn't a huge issue before the patch and dont think it will be now either.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA you might want to go on a server, that actually has people playing on it then

18/07/2018 19:01Posted by Evangelià
Glad they continue to tune the levelling experience and improve it.

Please enlighten me on how "slowing leveling down" is an improvement for someone like me, who has seen literally every quest in the game a dozen times already and does only level, because i don't want to throw money at them for character transfers?

https://imgur.com/a/Q9Av74M

18/07/2018 20:14Posted by Evangelià
Just saying "make it faster" does not solve the problem,

Yes, yes it does solve my problem very much. I have absolutly exactly 0 interest in anything but max level content. If you'd ask me, i would even take a button "skip right ahead to max level", if it was free of charge.
I honestly regret buying playtime for me and my partner. She's new to WoW and we're gaining a level is tedious. Mobs don't die fast at all and the quests all feel very grindy. Every 15 levels you get a new talent (which sometimes isn't impactful at all). 15 levels takes a very long time for new players. We've played for a 2 days and already feel burned out and went back to other games.

Please fix this. It's so awful to level up. It would suck that we would have to wait for BfA and then have us both use our boost, only for a new player to be complete overwhelmed by instantly being 110.
I understand why blizzard did something to make leveling take longer initially because it was just pure faceroll to the point of being stupid and pointless so something was needed to be done. I think the scaling in zones is excellent and feel that its great to properly experience zones which hasn't been possible since cata

However:

Why increase the amount of XP we need to level?? especially now that we are soon to level to 120?

Why not put a hairloom tabard/shirt ingame that increases XP gained so that the people who want to "just get it done" can do so and the players who really enjoy the slower paced experience can play that way?

Could be a hairloom achievement like the little level 1 loom mount (which i love btw)

I do seriously think blizzard need to take another look at leveling as it stands right now as its not good at all and it really really does feel like a chore.. and this is from someone who really enjoys leveling chars up :)
I noticed last night when leveling up a Void Elf I made yesterday (my next heritage armor goal!), that the dungeon window did indeed say the bonus was only once per week - but the bonus remained similar each time I queued and completed a dungeon, so I suspect that is just a display issue. I'm currently chasing this up internally.

The Legion Invasions have now been hotfixed so that they now scale down to level 98 as before.

We're forwarding on reports we receive of perceived scaling issues (such as mobs taking an excessively long time to defeat, mechanics being lethal that were not lethal before etc.) and if you come across anything like this in-game, please submit a bug report.
19/07/2018 10:29Posted by Aerythlea

We're forwarding on reports we receive of perceived scaling issues (such as mobs taking an excessively long time to defeat, mechanics being lethal that were not lethal before etc.) and if you come across anything like this in-game, please submit a bug report.

Why is this such a widespread issue? It doesn't feel right to me as a player, that Blizzard released a patch largely untested in the content people will be doing (leveling content, legacy content), and then be asked to go out, find the issues, and report them.
I noticed last night when leveling up a Void Elf I made yesterday (my next heritage armor goal!), that the dungeon window did indeed say the bonus was only once per week - but the bonus remained similar each time I queued and completed a dungeon, so I suspect that is just a display issue. I'm currently chasing this up internally.

The Legion Invasions have now been hotfixed so that they now scale down to level 98 as before.

From what i saw people reporting the dungeon xp does not grant as much as it used to needing in later levels (wod) 8 dungeons for 1 level is not normal.

I do not have a charachter in that range but it should be looked into by the devs that have easier acces to that type of content by making boosted chars.
such as mobs taking an excessively long time to defeat

if you come across anything like this in-game, please submit a bug report.

But....that's the entire game?! Oo

We're forwarding on reports we receive of perceived scaling issues (such as mobs taking an excessively long time to defeat,

Please do have this checked. Ran an alt in Maraudon yesterday and holy heck.. the bosses took forever to down.
ICC took forever yesterday...
Completely agree with OP. Leveling has become slow, boring chore with 7.3.5 after multiple rounds of nerfs to fast leveling ways. And get much worse with 8.0 prepatch with another round of dungeon xp nerfs along with massive mob HP and damage buff (relative to player power).
Please let us level fast I we want to. Buff heirlooms to 300% XP or something.
There are ways...

Well it seems you do get the bonus exp from completing a random dungeon. What misses is getting the dungeon experience. Currently i am lvl 73 on an alt and when i complete a dungeon i used to get 43k exp for random dungeon + another 43k for defeating all bosses. Now i only get the 43k for random dungeon. Killing all bosses doesn't do anything anymore.
On level 50 you get 984xp (with rested) for a level 50 mob and 2450xp for a herb (with rested)

Means you better start mining and herbalism to level instead of questing.

In before Blizzard nerfs mining and herbalism xp

This basically would have amounted to me reporting every mob I came across while levelling in Hillsbrad. I 2-3 shotted mobs before in full heirlooms and enchants, but now mobs usually don't die even after a full rotation of abilities. Also my pet lost tons of survivability and can't tank elite mobs or groups of mobs anymore without dying repeatedly, which was not the case before the patch. Even when using a Tenacity pet.
Leveling in Gilneas Worgen starting zone is now more difficult in some quests. Like Saving Apothecary Krenan, who sists on tree... Mobs got vehicle on few hits!
Just keep the world scaling and the dmg/npc hp ratios of pre 7.3.5. That easy guys.
19/07/2018 11:08Posted by Autrui

This basically would have amounted to me reporting every mob I came across while levelling in Hillsbrad. I 2-3 shotted mobs before in full heirlooms and enchants, but now mobs usually don't die even after a full rotation of abilities. Also my pet lost tons of survivability and can't tank elite mobs or groups of mobs anymore without dying repeatedly, which was not the case before the patch. Even when using a Tenacity pet.

I had something similar, been leveling a hunter in that area too.

How're you finding the deeply invested 3 button 'rotation'? I actually had more stuff I could do pre-patch.
They buffed HP again? Jesus, when the combat is not that interesting it just becomes even more annoying.

I would rather 2-3 shot than 20-30 shot.

Finally a blue response, I really do hope you can still get dungeon bonus each time even if running with 110. but that alone does not fix the issue at core, because running a dungeon 10 times over is not how I feel I want to level up, but the alternative is just so de motivating I wouldn't even consider levelling up just via the quest system as it is.

The current state of levelling old content has to be addressed with a rework to make it fun and to give a player a sense of progression , if the Devs are not willing to invest the resources into doing this then the alternative is simple, give a massive xp boost on heirlooms to allow players that don't want to level in the outdated/tedious areas the chance to get through them fast.

BFA introduced allied races, these were aimed directly at players who have played Legion and had end game characters, they were not aimed at new players who can't get them. I suspect the scaled zones were done because of allied races and not to fix the game for new players.

but it is completely unacceptable to expect paying long established customers to trawl through 10 year old content where the only thing that's changed is the health on the mobs and you now need more xp per level. and to expect your customers to then repeat the process for every allied race you bring out.

I have levelled 2 characters from 20 -110 now, using a combo of dungeon boosting and normally levelling, I didn`t rush, I took my time, played endgame with other characters, it took me around 40 days to get each from 20-110

The experience was not remotely fun, I had to force myself to log on and play an hour or two, the 2nd character I levelled fully with a friend, we thought maybe as a team it would make it more fun, it didn't , we both agreed it just was to slow and not fun to level in the content from 1-100.

Blizzard need to look at the feedback , most are saying its too slow, its not fun, its boring and tedious. they need to address this issue and either speed it up or change the content and add fun elements into it, I have suggested lots of ways to do this which are in end game and could be in levelling zones.

If you fail to address this issue, not only will you loose new players who will get fed up way before they ever get to current content, but you will also lose established players who will drift away to find other games which present a fun/engaging experience.

Legion was a good expansion it had lots of fun elements, I hope BFA will be the same in end game, but don't ruin all that work by screwing players over with a sub par levelling experience.
19/07/2018 11:15Posted by Bonnamorte
Just keep the world scaling and the dmg/npc hp ratios of pre 7.3.5. That easy guys.

^This. Normally the level scaling should prevent the content to be facerolled. Adding an increase of HP to the mobs and reducing the Xp gained is just overkill IMO.