Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 123 124 125 146 Next
25/07/2018 13:55Posted by Aerythlea
Again, the intent is not for leveling to be slower or harder than it was in 7.3.5. When all is said and done it should feel similar to what it was in 7.3.5 and it's something there are people working toward every single day.

25/07/2018 13:58Posted by Seranda
These people have just got used to the old leveling that was completely broken. It is far better now.

God I love this. Literally 2 paragraphs from each other. I love the zelousy towards the speed levelesrs, level boosters and so on. People hate the fact that other people are better or spent more time in the game than they do, and then are being looked down on.
13/08/2018 08:46Posted by Spectre

You really want it to go really fast? Buy boosts.

You know what the better option in this case is? Quit the game.

It wasn't necessary to nerf XP gain while questing. You could quest through the world a lot slower if you didn't use heirlooms, xp potions or spam dungeons. You could xp stop if you wanted to enjoy the full zone you were in.
They took all of this out of the game to force players to spend precious time in worthless and boring 10 year old zones.
If the only way around this is "buying a 50€ boost" (in a game I pay monthly for) than that's not the option. The only option is to uninstall the game and play something else.
13/08/2018 10:49Posted by Takhairrach
You could quest through the world a lot slower if you didn't use heirlooms, xp potions or spam dungeons. You could xp stop if you wanted to enjoy the full zone you were in.

They only want slow leveling when everyone else has to level slow. They still use heirlooms and all +% XP they can get when it's fast.
12/08/2018 19:39Posted by Livía
Just knowing that levelling used to be faster is frustrating now while levelling...

Exactly this. It is like Blizz went, ah you had your chance to level up at your desired pace, now suck it up buttercup and fork out thay 50€. Or spend 2 weeks leveling.
Its so slow damn it
13/08/2018 08:46Posted by Spectre

You really want it to go really fast? Buy boosts.

It wasn't necessary to nerf XP gain while questing. You could quest through the world a lot slower if you didn't use heirlooms, xp potions or spam dungeons. You could xp stop if you wanted to enjoy the full zone you were in.
They took all of this out of the game to force players to spend precious time in worthless and boring 10 year old zones.
If the only way around this is "buying a 50€ boost" (in a game I pay monthly for) than that's not the option. The only option is to uninstall the game and play something else.

I really would prefer the option of using heirloom gear that's properly buffed to let players who have seen the content numerous times speed the process up. I don't want 1 shotting, I just want more XP from mob kills and quests.

If that doesn't suit you then don't wear/buy heirlooms, it's honestly quite simple. I don't know why there is such animosity in this debate. I'm not talking about changing the procedure across the board, merely the option of equipping increased or buffed XP heirlooms. The choice is entirely up to the individual and it in no way affects other players gameplay or otherwise.

Ultimately it will come to subscription numbers because lets face it money talks and if subscriptions stay the same the xp/levelling changes will be vindicated. It feels a bit extreme that I have to stop playing so soon after returning. If only questing wasn't as boring or time consuming, I wouldn't mind as much if I was entertained along the way. Surely it shouldn't feel like an unrewarding, mindless chore.

I really would prefer the option of using heirloom gear that's properly buffed to let players who have seen the content numerous times speed the process up. I don't want 1 shotting, I just want more XP from mob kills and quests.

If that doesn't suit you then don't wear/buy heirlooms, it's honestly quite simple. I don't know why there is such animosity in this debate. I'm not talking about changing the procedure across the board, merely the option of equipping increased or buffed XP heirlooms. The choice is entirely up to the individual and it in no way affects other players gameplay or otherwise.

Ultimately it will come to subscription numbers because lets face it money talks and if subscriptions stay the same the xp/levelling changes will be vindicated. It feels a bit extreme that I have to stop playing so soon after returning. If only questing wasn't as boring or time consuming, I wouldn't mind as much if I was entertained along the way. Surely it shouldn't feel like an unrewarding, mindless chore.

That's the most important aspect as to why they did it in prepatch. Many people return for the new expansion and now they can take the spike in subs and say "See, SEE!? This change was for the better!"
Leveling a rogue is torture atm. Painfully slow and having to eat after every kill. Fun fun fun!
Looks like the devs have bigger problems now. RIP alt levelling while they sort the launch issues.
Please fix leveling
My experience and thought rn:
-Questing is quite unrewarding when turning in for reward.
-Dungeon Completion Bonus is not scalling properly to your level ( the increase is getting bigger but not big enough comparing to level experience requirements )
-After killing 4-5 mobs i have to eat (good thing i have it free), however it's kinda tiring
-Pulling 3 mobs is risky :_:
-Q's for Dungeons are long, why is that so long is simple to explain, however it sloooooows my experience income.
I regret not making nightborne monk (to be a healer and wait for dungs shorter, and get exp boosts) and then boosting this char to 110 for that heritage armor.
13/08/2018 15:44Posted by Leorîo

That's the most important aspect as to why they did it in prepatch. Many people return for the new expansion and now they can take the spike in subs and say "See, SEE!? This change was for the better!"

And if we want to go further into the conspiracy theory(tinfoil hat included, of course) we could say they had botched 8.0 so the leveling of 7.3.5 wouldn't be so bad in comparaison. Tbh it wouldn't surprise me...
13/08/2018 15:44Posted by Leorîo

And if we want to go further into the conspiracy theory(tinfoil hat included, of course) we could say they had botched 8.0 so the leveling of 7.3.5 wouldn't be so bad in comparison. Tbh it wouldn't surprise me...

While I wouldn't put it past them, it did reopen the can of worms. Complaints had mainly died out after 7.3.5. I'm not sure they've benefited from it. it just brought the issue back into focus. Poor Blizzard...

P.S Blizzard, I'm not playing BFA until the leveling is fixed, and thanks for the Alpha/ Beta access which leaves me not feeling so bad about it.
It seem's like they don't care. Well. Okay. I'm playing in your game for 8 years. And you know - it's bad game actually. You can't betray me, because I don't care at this moment anymore. Blizzard for me not that far from EA, because lying behind the mask of "Good Gamer's Company" is just disgusting.
I hope I will be 110 lvl in a month
/yawn

Get over it.

Don't want to level? Don't make new characters!
14/08/2018 12:43Posted by Windstalker
/yawn

Get over it.

/yawn

Get over it.

I want to level the way i want!
14/08/2018 12:52Posted by Chorizio
14/08/2018 12:43Posted by Windstalker
/yawn

Get over it.

/yawn

Get over it.

I want a hover board.
So people have been leveling from 110 to 120 in one night. There is a streamer that dinged at 120 after 6+- hours with the help of guildmembers. I am seeing people in forums that are 120 already. Endgame content leveling.

Meanwhile on my level 60 dwarf I have leveled the same amount of time and I am level 65. What sort of meme is this ?

I recommend that you level your characters up from 110 to 120 as quickly as you can before Blizzard nerfs the EXP in that bracket to make it slower.
14/08/2018 13:26Posted by Windstalker
<span class="truncated">...</span>
/yawn

Get over it.

I want a hover board.

Blizz : Hover board granted... Hover board nerfed to walking speed.

Player teleportation added for a fee of £9.99 per zone travelled.

Happy questing, the development team.