Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 143 144 145 146 Next
There is no more hope left in this dumpster fire
02/10/2018 01:12Posted by Cheekyute
01/10/2018 22:44Posted by Leorîo
I just wish that, with all the reddit threads and this thread/US threads, we could atleast have them give us an answer. Something conclusive, whether it be "we're working on a fix" or "screw you, this is staying".

I want to know my future in this game, and this perpetual silence is so incredibly annoying.

Implying that blizz actually cares. Given the state of the game I think we can conclude they have just given up at this point.

Sadly I don't think the topic will not be looked at by WoW devs anyime soon. It has been on-going well documented topic with plenty of people agreeing and plenty disagreeing alike, but there can't be any argument about the content being old and stale.

I do believe the focus has changed from making an enjoyable game to subscriber retention, or at least there is an unhealthy focus on player sub retention. What should happen of course is for the game to be good enough in it's own right to entice players to re-sub and to keep on re subbing but the levels of grind that are int he game now suggest Blizz want to keep you playing by extending requirements e.g. unlocking new races.

By that I mean many aspects of the game now requires a time lengthened commitment and as a result it is annoying a fair amount of the playerbase. It feels like a substitute for real content and that's wrong. If the levelling experience was rewarding, interesting, fun then i wouldn't be here complaining, I would be enjoying the game, but in my opnion it's not, far from it in fact.

My previous suggestion stands; allow those that have Heirloom armours and weapons to speed the process up by having a significant boost to XP earned (like it used to be). If you do not want the increased XP - simple don't wear heirlooms. This suggestion leaves everyone the option of speeding up the process and it also has absolutely no effect on anyone else that does or does not wear heirlooms.
It's entirely optionable, does not interferes with anyone else's gameplay and better yet already exists in the game, so it should be fairly easy to do.

Unfortunately the grind is here to stay as it's all about lengthening the time spent in game, and anything that speeds that up goes against the current focus (imo).
They wont accept any of the explanations and suggestions.

its just against their boost politic.
10/10/2018 14:56Posted by Kegsworth
02/10/2018 01:12Posted by Cheekyute

Implying that blizz actually cares. Given the state of the game I think we can conclude they have just given up at this point.

Sadly I don't think the topic will not be looked at by WoW devs anyime soon. It has been on-going well documented topic with plenty of people agreeing and plenty disagreeing alike, but there can't be any argument about the content being old and stale.

I do believe the focus has changed from making an enjoyable game to subscriber retention, or at least there is an unhealthy focus on player sub retention. What should happen of course is for the game to be good enough in it's own right to entice players to re-sub and to keep on re subbing but the levels of grind that are int he game now suggest Blizz want to keep you playing by extending requirements e.g. unlocking new races.

By that I mean many aspects of the game now requires a time lengthened commitment and as a result it is annoying a fair amount of the playerbase. It feels like a substitute for real content and that's wrong. If the levelling experience was rewarding, interesting, fun then i wouldn't be here complaining, I would be enjoying the game, but in my opnion it's not, far from it in fact.

My previous suggestion stands; allow those that have Heirloom armours and weapons to speed the process up by having a significant boost to XP earned (like it used to be). If you do not want the increased XP - simple don't wear heirlooms. This suggestion leaves everyone the option of speeding up the process and it also has absolutely no effect on anyone else that does or does not wear heirlooms.
It's entirely optionable, does not interferes with anyone else's gameplay and better yet already exists in the game, so it should be fairly easy to do.

Unfortunately the grind is here to stay as it's all about lengthening the time spent in game, and anything that speeds that up goes against the current focus (imo).

That may very well be the truth, in fact it probably is.

But I need to hear them say it. I want to know that they explicitly don't care, so I can be done with this game once and for all.
I have a lvl 77 priest with 22 days /played; 22 days of not being able to play with my friends and not doing content that I want to be doing. They said that the leveling nerf was unintentional and that it wasn't to sell more boosts, but the experience of trying to level up in recent patches has convinced me that they're !@#$ing liars.
Yet again no mention of levelling on the Q & A and I made sure to add the question myself and there was at least one other post on the subject too.

Of course, I posted on the EU Q&A thread so no surprise there. One wonders why they bother putting those posts outside the US forums.
https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/world-of-warcraft-patch-8-1-incursion-world-quests

I had hopes for this. I thought they are in the old world and we can level up through this to make 60-80 atleast more bearable.

Turns out it's for 110 to 120 only. Because 110 to 120 takes so long to level, right guys? Haha....

!@#$ Blizzard.
Haha..

Why nerf leveling?

So more people buys boosts. Pretty obvious.
the leveling isn't that bad ... it's just extremely boring and the further the level cap grow the more boring it gets.
Tried to level another character up.

Would rather jab a fork into a toaster.
Blizz, sorry, Activision is aiming to keep players in by making people spend time with small things and important things like leveling since some are interested in just end content but hey you can always freaking buy a boost!!.

Rather then focus on keeping people bussy with the current content which is dead and exausted.

Reallythis expansion i was really expecting alot of open world pvp with alot of accent put on pvp, but somehow personally i dont feel that. I remember Ashran(with fps issues ofc) Tol'Barad beeing nice pvp mods. but mehhh
Quick reminder we've been asking for faster leveling since 7.3.5 and heard barely anything, but TW comes around, dungeons reward 200k per completion and Blizz instantly swoops in and nerfs it.
Day 457

Levelling is still slower than dial-up.
Here is hoping that they'll increase the leveling speed again with all the changes they're doing on the PTR at the moment.

They were pretty reluctant to add vendors for M+ and Island Expeditions, but with a little bit of moaning, they finally gave in.
I leveled up my Mag'har Orc for heritage armor. She's 98 atm. For 1to 60 classic way is fast. Queue for dungeons when you can. 60 80 is hard. I did Bg's. A win gave me 75 % of a level. A loss 20 %. Still faster than questing. When you reach pandaria its so fast again.

For 60 to 80 battlegrounds are awesome for leveling.
24/10/2018 12:54Posted by Lenira
I leveled up my Mag'har Orc for heritage armor. She's 98 atm. For 1to 60 classic way is fast. Queue for dungeons when you can. 60 80 is hard. I did Bg's. A win gave me 75 % of a level. A loss 20 %. Still faster than questing. When you reach pandaria its so fast again.

For 60 to 80 battlegrounds are awesome for leveling.

Even as alliance?
When i was playing in legion - I had 5x level 110 characters that i leveled up and done various types of pvp and pve with. Spending lots of time and investing lots of money with my subscription.

Now that im playing in BFA - i have 1 level 120 character because the thought of leveling in your new current system makes me want to gouge out my eye balls with a shoe horn. I'm barely ever online now, play lots of other games outside of wow and pop on here and there to do arena with friends.

Great changes Blizzard, well done.
I used to love levelling as a break from the usual routine. I didn't even always level the characters efficiently - it was just fun to be in the world and watch them progress.

I have all classes at 110.

Every expansion since I started, I have levelled two characters together. Until this one.

In BfA, levelling was so dull, unsatisfying, and unrewarding that I left one of them behind. I just didn't want to subject myself to it. Nice continent, shame about teh scaling. I have levelled that one since, but while I'd love to see the Horde side of the story, I just can't make myself level them. I log in, skip the scenario, get to Zuldazar, log out. Next time I do a quest or two and log out. I try the other one; same thing.
Remember when people argued that new players would lose interest in WoW because of the fast leveling? Pepperidge farm remembers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9rvema/already_played_70_hours_but_im_still_lvl_67/