Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 18 19 20 146 Next
Make pet battles mandatory for raiding and dungeons. Only when these guys that like these changes are forced to do stuff they don't like, only then will they understand what it feels like (p.s. I love pet battles). I hope Blizzard does something that absolutely desimates the way you love to play, only for you to come out of your comfort zone and understand that choice in how people do content is so important.
Blizzard Solution:

Buy more boosts!
lvling was fine until i got to Draenor.....omg that place has to be "fked up".. im an experience player..never had issues before.. but the hp pool on those mobs..omg..the normal mobs are ok.. but the elite,rare ones.. is hell..i was barly able to solo them.. because it took so long to kill..( i had to change to healer spec (holy) to not go OOM on those elites.. to down them)
Just a headsup! I just experienced Thistlefur Furbolgs in Ashenvale on my L50 VE Rogue. These furrys hit like a truck! :)

I've already submitted an ingame Bug report.

/ Z
20/07/2018 01:52Posted by Stayk
I loved getting to 15 and instance all the way up to 100 watching netflix, it was chill, relaxing and was fun (for me).

I tried to level an allied race through questing, got to 41 as a priest, couldn't do it. And i played on classic/BC private servers, but when u do it on retail in your 23th alt jesus christ.

Exactly this. Switch Netflix with a book and is the same.
Watch the Q&A from yesterday and submit a bug you see in game so you can stop wasting your time on the forums.
As confirmed during the Q&A last night, it is a display issue that the Random Dungeon finder says that the bonus experience can only be obtained once per week. There's no intent on nerfing the dungeon experience.

The experience awarded for completing the dungeon has been rolled into the experience awarded after defeating the final boss of the dungeon. You will still receive it, it will just show up as one large number rather than 2 separate smaller ones.

The devs are working on squashing the bugs with scaling as fast as possible, so if you see anything out of the ordinary (like enemies one-shotting you) please submit a Bug Report in-game and be as specific as possible (i.e. the name of the mob, the name of the ability etc.)
20/07/2018 10:40Posted by Aerythlea
so if you see anything out of the ordinary (like enemies one-shotting you) please submit a Bug Report in-game

What about things taking much longer to kill after prepatch?
What about alternative leveling ways that were removed with prepatch with no replacement?
What about leveling being slow and boring?
The experience awarded for completing the dungeon has been rolled into the experience awarded after defeating the final boss of the dungeon. You will still receive it, it will just show up as one large number rather than 2 separate smaller ones.

Hi,

Given that exp from mobs is scaled down when a higher level boosts their friends in dungeons, if the exp-bonus from dungeon completion is now essentially "boss kill" exp this means it's likewise scaled down.

The end result, I'm guessing, is a net nerf to people doing content with their friends and helping them reach max level.

Please confirm if the dungeon-completion bonus remains 'unscaled' if the boss is killed by a higher level character, or if it is indeed nerfed.

Thanks.
And what about the Expirience after killing Bonus Boss ? Is that also bug or is that nerf ?
20/07/2018 10:58Posted by Шокохрюшка
so if you see anything out of the ordinary (like enemies one-shotting you) please submit a Bug Report in-game

What about alternative leveling ways that were removed with prepatch with no replacement?

Read the post. She says they are working on the scaling
The experience awarded for completing the dungeon has been rolled into the experience awarded after defeating the final boss of the dungeon. You will still receive it, it will just show up as one large number rather than 2 separate smaller

I'm sorry but that's either a lie or a bug, there's no xp boost after doing a dungeon anymore, I can't boost my friend through Stockades because there's no bonus xp from it
I have a suggestion. Leveling at the moment is still too easy and takes too little time. I think rested bonus should be removed. And heirlooms entirely removed or reworked so that they decrease the experience gained instead.
As confirmed during the Q&A last night, it is a display issue that the Random Dungeon finder says that the bonus experience can only be obtained once per week. There's no intent on nerfing the dungeon experience.

The devs are working on squashing the bugs with scaling as fast as possible, so if you see anything out of the ordinary (like enemies one-shotting you) please submit a Bug Report in-game and be as specific as possible (i.e. the name of the mob, the name of the ability etc.)

I don't think you are lying, but I think someone is lying to you.

I just tested this with my two accounts. The final boss in the Stockades gave all of 450ish experience points.

If the only way to get the bonus XP is by using the random option of the LFD tool, the system is nerfed. That would mean no dungeon boosting by a higher level character, and no queing for a specific dungeon.
20/07/2018 11:11Posted by Zenthaki
I have a suggestion. Leveling at the moment is still too easy and takes too little time. I think rested bonus should be removed. And heirlooms entirely removed or reworked so that they decrease the experience gained instead.

No
Fix the damn game already.

Also, compensante the community. We don't pay to be beta testers, we pay for a service that you are failing to provide.

This is not true, just running through a dungeon not using the group finder I get no xp for finishing the dungeon at all.
When queing with group finder I *only* get the group finder bonus, not any xp for finishing the dungeon.
Tried it, tested it, someone is telling lies.
Done today 1 MoP dung, after last boss i only got xp becouse i use random LFG tool (got like 70k which is 50k from LFG + 45% heirloom) no bonus xp after last boss.

So xp from dung are nerfed or buged :(

Anyway, i just finished leveling my warlock brefore prepatch hit and i am sure that i nead like 2 dung LFG run for 1 lvl, after patch i nead like 5 or maybe more.
Here's an idea.....

Why not admit that levelling XP has been over nerfed, fix it, and placate the folks that are currently wielding torches and pitchforks? I have to admit that I have not been levelling anything since the patch droppped, but I do intend to level my allied races at some point. It's not really a great selling point for the expansion, if its going to take customers like me an eternity to do that, even with all of the heirlooms I can get my greedy mitts on.
20/07/2018 10:58Posted by Шокохрюшка

To fix leveling, all they have to do is make Classes properly again.

Instead of making leveling a freaking joke and Classes stay the !@#$show they are, they should grab the problem by its roots instead of cutting at the top.