Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 24 25 26 146 Next
I really want to level up mine brewmaster, but he is literally unplayable for last half of a year, and now it became way worse :c
21/07/2018 13:32Posted by Кабирка
literally unplayable

Let's not exaggerate here, but it is true that it's become unbearable (for me anyway)
21/07/2018 06:48Posted by Ñewt
Temporary fix for all of you guys.
Group up with somebody to complete quests. Faster xp from quest completion, social skill improve too.

Not really a fix at all. As someone who levels in pair most of the time this is just not true. A whole bunch of quests do not share quest items. Collect 5 crates ends up a chore since you need to get 10 overall and there is only 6 crates around and you need to wait for them to respawn to move on. God forbid if there is someone else looting too. When you need to get 5 tusks from boars or w/e a lot of the time those are not shared either so you need to kill 10+ boars for the one quest. And that's just with two people mind you. The only advantage you have with a party are the kill x quests with no items involved.
It is still BS, if you don't queue for a random dungeon, meaning of you walk in or queue for a specific one because you have a quest there, you get !@#$ all for your effort.
a 50% bonus to %^-* all is still !@#$ all.
So, I see that there haven't been any additional responses from Blizzard over the last two days. I get it, the disconnect between developers and the community is here to stay. But, it does make me wonder how big of an outcry there has to be for Blizzard to take note and make a reasonable response in return?

Of course, everyone has a preference. Everyone has an opinion. Some like to do things at a slower pace; some people feel it's justified to make things slower-paced. To be fair, if any of the 'old world' still had any life left inside of it -- I would probably prefer things to slow down, too. There's a certain enjoyment in finishing quest-lines and revisiting quests you haven't done in a while.

But, certainly, this will not yield any answers to my question, and the questions of other people who have posted in this thread, and numerous high-feedback threads on community fan-sites.

To illustrate, playing with full heirlooms, and the monk enlightenment buff, it took 90 minutes to get 2 levels in the 50-60 bracket. This is with a combination of quests and the group finder. I can't imagine what the experience must be like for people without heirlooms or additional experience gains.

And this is only in the lower bracket, I think everyone knows by now that some of the other higher-level brackets can take even longer. Those who don't have flying in WoD have to go through an extensive grind to get through the quests in order to reach Legion leveling.

Meh. Just thought we'd get a decent response, rather than having those in charge enforce a specific play-style and consider that everyone is going to be okay with it.
21/07/2018 14:35Posted by Melchizedek
So, I see that there haven't been any additional responses from Blizzard over the last two days. I get it, the disconnect between developers and the community is here to stay. But, it does make me wonder how big of an outcry there has to be for Blizzard to take note and make a reasonable response in return?

Of course, everyone has a preference. Everyone has an opinion. Some like to do things at a slower pace; some people feel it's justified to make things slower-paced. To be fair, if any of the 'old world' still had any life left inside of it -- I would probably prefer things to slow down, too. There's a certain enjoyment in finishing quest-lines and revisiting quests you haven't done in a while.

But, certainly, this will not yield any answers to my question, and the questions of other people who have posted in this thread, and numerous high-feedback threads on community fan-sites.

To illustrate, playing with full heirlooms, and the monk enlightenment buff, it took 90 minutes to get 2 levels in the 50-60 bracket. This is with a combination of quests and the group finder. I can't imagine what the experience must be like for people without heirlooms or additional experience gains.

And this is only in the lower bracket, I think everyone knows by now that some of the other higher-level brackets can take even longer. Those who don't have flying in WoD have to go through an extensive grind to get through the quests in order to reach Legion leveling.

Meh. Just thought we'd get a decent response, rather than having those in charge enforce a specific play-style and consider that everyone is going to be okay with it.

I really don't know what else we can do than continuously writing in this thread to get attention from Blizz. Is there any in-game feedback option that gets sent directly to them?
21/07/2018 06:56Posted by Leafastar
Never forget we were straight up lied to when we were told our power relative to the world wouldn't change.

I pre-ordered BFA and feel cheated out of my money. I can't even get a refund because I used one of the Allied races.

All in all, I know some people hated it, but I liked the 7.3.5 scaling change. You had a choice of whether you wanted to quest, or dungeon, or whatever you wanted to do; before if you had heirlooms, you either did dungeons or out-leveled a zone.

But now? It's slow. Blizzard straight up lied to us. They're calling it perceived scaling issues. People are getting the ol' "WORKING AS INTENDED" from their awful GMs when you try to report bugs.

I've canceled my sub again. Not only does this expansion have every peril about it screaming WOD2.0 - the dodgy implementation of patches, specs not being finished for launch, low content quantity - we're also getting Blizzard's knockoff Steve Jobs 'user error' responses.

To add to this, I'm not going to buy classic either. I was going to, but honestly I don't want to support the company that readily lies to me.

PREACH! we were lied indeed. By each day passing it seems that Blizzard is promoting that overpriced 110lvl boost. Nerfing XP gains every 4 months (yes i counted). I didnt want to believe at first but there`s way too much evidence now. If we`re not vocal about this, more and more nerfs will be coming. Kara-nerfed, questing - nerfed 2 times, ramparts - nerfed, stockades- nerfed, Strat- nerfed, normal questing mobs in outdoors - buffed 2 times. this is so ridiculous, we have 50 more levels than vanilla yet if we pull more than 3 mobs with enchanted heirlooms we die. If you`re displeased, make yourself vocal on all platforms not only forums.
In last Q&A Ion say that all xp nerf was done in 7.3.5 patch and they will dont do anything more. They fix ltl xp gain today but we have still nerf 30-40%.

Will see on 90--100 lvl but MoP lvl xp gain is nerfed for sure, today i nead 4 run, better than yest. when i nead 5-6.
21/07/2018 15:27Posted by Leorîo
I really don't know what else we can do than continuously writing in this thread to get attention from Blizz. Is there any in-game feedback option that gets sent directly to them?
Twitter my friend they might respond if there is a backlash on a more profile page other then their own internal forums.
Well then someone make a tweet and post it here we will retweet it :D

nice and simple
Leveling is painful currently.

I wanted to level warlock (lvl 52) right now and I tought to myself , why not do some LFG. I joined in to some Zul'Farrak run. It was tragic.

If we pulled more than 5-6 mobs, our tank was as good as dead. Not his fault, tho. He just couldn't mitigate dmg he took form them (full heirlooms btw) and/or healer coudn't keep him up because of running oom.

Also another funny stuff was dps meter. 3 DPS (rogue, pala, warlock) and tank (pala) we all did equal amount of dps overall, it basicly split our dps 4 way, diffrences only appeared if someone had longer or shorter uptime in current fight.

Also it was painfully slow. Entire run with add skips took us 35 mins. It's 2-4 heroics on lvl 110, it's like 6 raid bosses nowadays. It's just not enjoyable. If we went for smth really stupid like killing all adds, it would ate an hour of our time or even more, not giving us enough exp to lvl up even once.

Also i hate questing in WoW and it's always most frustrating part of the game for me with all this backtracking and doing basicly the same stuff over and over again, so i didn't really gave it a go, but it seems the only way to go right now if you want to see any progress at all.

Blizzard tweeked leveling so hard,it's straight up broken now.

P.S. Just a side note - You could almost solo dungeon content as a tank during leveling 15-70 at Legion expansion start.
21/07/2018 23:19Posted by Darkie

Also another funny stuff was dps meter. 3 DPS (rogue, pala, warlock) and tank (pala) we all did equal amount of dps overall, it basicly split our dps 4 way, diffrences only appeared if someone had longer or shorter uptime in current fight.

[/quote]

I found that interesting too ! I did 2-3 dungeons and we all got equal DPS and Damage Done (Myself a tank and the 3 dps)
21/07/2018 15:53Posted by Tikac
In last Q&A Ion say that all xp nerf was done in 7.3.5 patch and they will dont do anything more. They fix ltl xp gain today but we have still nerf 30-40%.

Will see on 90--100 lvl but MoP lvl xp gain is nerfed for sure, today i nead 4 run, better than yest. when i nead 5-6.

And yet, it was a lie. They clearly are nerfing leveling. They've nerfed dungeon xp. They've nerfed power relative to the world. As much as people complain things like Kara/Strat leveling were removed, they were borderline exploits; parts of the game that weren't working as intended. We're not talking about those unintentional issues. The bigger issue is that they went back on their promise not to slow leveling down again, and even when excluding exploit removal, they have done exactly that.

I am not ok with this situation. I am not ok that half of the content doesn't work. People telling me to wait for fixes don't seem to comprehend that waiting is costing me money, it's game time I paid for, and it's waiting for them to fix a patch they rolled out when it wasn't ready or adequately tested. It's a patch they had entire control over, the publishing is now technically in-house. They had the choice to delay the pre-patch to ensure it was ready. Had they delayed the pre-patch, what would've been lost? The new questlines aren't ready yet, BfA doesn't launch til August. The only person losing here is us, and it's because they used an utterly incompetent development cycle, and then riddled the Q&A with lies about it.
18/07/2018 02:28Posted by Shwosh
Many suggestion to make leveling better have been great except for the spamable dungeon/raid cheese leveling

If you are honest with yourself you can't really say it is either a fun or enjoyable way to level up witch is what blizzard should aim for

Please don't decide what should and should not be fun for other people...
heres that fresh vanilla experience yall ordered.
or is it suddenly not so fresh no more?
21/07/2018 23:19Posted by Darkie
Leveling is painful currently.

I wanted to level warlock (lvl 52) right now and I tought to myself , why not do some LFG. I joined in to some Zul'Farrak run. It was tragic.

If we pulled more than 5-6 mobs, our tank was as good as dead. Not his fault, tho. He just couldn't mitigate dmg he took form them (full heirlooms btw) and/or healer coudn't keep him up because of running oom.

Also it was painfully slow. Entire run with add skips took us 35 mins. It's 2-4 heroics on lvl 110, it's like 6 raid bosses nowadays. It's just not enjoyable. If we went for smth really stupid like killing all adds, it would ate an hour of our time or even more, not giving us enough exp to lvl up even once.

Also i hate questing in WoW and it's always most frustrating part of the game for me with all this backtracking and doing basicly the same stuff over and over again, so i didn't really gave it a go, but it seems the only way to go right now if you want to see any progress at all.

Blizzard tweeked leveling so hard,it's straight up broken now.

P.S. Just a side note - You could almost solo dungeon content as a tank during leveling 15-70 at Legion expansion start.

Solo dungeons as tank at 15-70 at legion start? Lol please... exaggeration has a limit
22/07/2018 01:59Posted by Ronydiaz

IT
IS
NOT
THE
SAME
GAME
I hope we will see some sort of compensation in the art of a long Experience Buff. We are after all paying customers. But then again, I can't seem to figure out Blizzard's business model anymore..
22/07/2018 01:59Posted by Ronydiaz

I guess you never played Vanilla then. :>
Since this buggy patch is nowhere close to it, nor is that abomination of a 'New Level Experience'.
I enjoyed lvling before 8.0 it was balanced but now this is horrible. Blizzard has accepted that there is a problem with the scaling?