Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 27 28 29 146 Next
23/07/2018 01:04Posted by Nikollet
Gotta agree, if they wanted to change % of xp needed, mob dmg/hp theyd do it already. Imo they will go and tell us that there will be xp gems and thats it. Which is gonna end up giving us 20% more xp and we are gonna pretend that everythgin is fine )

I'm expecting them to sell XP tokens from the Blizzard Store soon. Booster packs, perhaps. Or Murloc Cards with which you can buy boosted weapons and armor at a special vendor in your faction capital.
Ion has it all figured out, I tell ya.
Are you planning on rescaling the Hounds boss in Antorus?
Our mythic geared tanks being backed up by mythic geared healers were getting rekt.. on HEROIC.
The worse thing about leveling atm is that you cant do bg if you have an honor level of 50+
23/07/2018 03:52Posted by Illsmñ
The worse thing about leveling atm is that you cant do bg if you have an honor level of 50+

How is honor level related to ability to level in BG's?
I used to enjoy levelling. (No, really, I'm not trolling, I have 32 chars at 110!) I enjoyed how fast it was, how the progress felt fun and I was powerful while levelling, even on classes I was bad at. (Warlocks and priests, sometimes rogues...) But now levelling is just a tedious chore. It feels like a job.

I really want to level the subraces for their unique armours, I've done all the current ones, but Dark Irons, Maghar, Zandalari and those fatty fatty boom boom humans. I want those as well! And it looks like it's going to be super stressing to play them. Games shouldn't be stressful, else I'd go to univercity instead of playing WoW.
Still waiting for a fix on this

Just make it so you can toggle "increase xp by 500%"

people who want slow leveling can just keep the toggle off

so many easy fixes.. blizzard is just grabbing money for boosts
Bumping this. Refuse to drop this topic.
23/07/2018 11:34Posted by Leafastar

Do you honestly expect any response when Blizzard made it clear they didn't bother to test a globally scaling world in combination with a stat squish, and are now telling their customers "Please report anything you find(as we couldn't be bothered to actually test it)"?

You have to be a special kind of entity to be ignorant/blind enough to not see all those glaring issues, that any decent QA should be picking apart.
23/07/2018 12:03Posted by Liarawyn
23/07/2018 11:34Posted by Leafastar

Do you honestly expect any response when Blizzard made it clear they didn't bother to test a globally scaling world in combination with a stat squish, and are now telling their customers "Please report anything you find(as we couldn't be bothered to actually test it)"?

Nope. The point is more salient when there's a long thread compared to 40 10 post threads. Whenever they do their review, you want the salient issues to come up.
23/07/2018 12:07Posted by Leafastar
23/07/2018 12:03Posted by Liarawyn

Nope. The point is more salient when there's a long thread compared to 40 10 post threads. Whenever they do their review, you want the salient issues to come up.

Wouldn't be the first time Blizzard is purging their forum of "unwanted" threads that point towards glaring issues.
Leveling my second druid post 7.3.5

Everything taking at least twice as long to kill in 80 + zones in 8.0.1 compared to what it did in 7.3.5

Really hoped to be able to spend the pre patch leveling characters. Instead I will be doing absolutely nothing. Thanks Blizzard!!

I don't get how this can be so difficult to hotfix. Blizzard can make all sorts of ninja nerfs to PvP in the hot fixes, where they clearly give no F***s about balance. But god forbid Blizzard made it faster to level.
23/07/2018 12:11Posted by Liarawyn
23/07/2018 12:07Posted by Leafastar

Wouldn't be the first time Blizzard is purging their forum of "unwanted" threads that point towards glaring issues.

It's not that, but you know, if a thread is long and pertinent to an issue, it does stand out more when they're looking at player numbers, game time etc.; hopefully they'll see "Oh there's a 30 page thread on leveling feeling bad" and "Oh, we lost 200k subs this month", and draw some connection. It makes the issue stand out.
23/07/2018 12:16Posted by Krishean
Leveling my second druid post 7.3.5

Everything taking at least twice as long to kill in 80 + zones in 8.0.1 compared to what it did in 7.3.5

Really hoped to be able to spend the pre patch leveling characters. Instead I will be doing absolutely nothing. Thanks Blizzard!!

I don't get how this can be so difficult to hotfix. Blizzard can make all sorts of ninja nerfs to PvP in the hot fixes, where they clearly give no F***s about balance. But god forbid Blizzard made it faster to level.

They could change it, but they don't want to.

Which is wierd given they said they wouldn't change the pace of leveling both at 7.3.5 and now in 8.0.1.

Both times they lied. What do we expect?

We gotta keep the posts coming so they will see the errors of their ways.
23/07/2018 12:11Posted by Liarawyn

It's not that, but you know, if a thread is long and pertinent to an issue, it does stand out more when they're looking at player numbers, game time etc.; hopefully they'll see "Oh there's a 30 page thread on leveling feeling bad" and "Oh, we lost 200k subs this month", and draw some connection. It makes the issue stand out.

Like that one exp in dungeons thread on the US forum with over 3k posts and barely a blue to be seen?

The main use of those long threats is to contain opinions of a specific topic to prevent them from spreading while giving the illusion that Blizzard would care.
I used to enjoy playing with alts but now it's like pulling teeth. Tedious, boring, a vast XP treadmill that has no feeling of advancement or progress until that final *ding* that gets you to max. Even in vanilla there was progress and an improvement in strength relative to the mobs. Now none of that. As soon as you level the mobs get jacked up and go all Hulk smash.

But this is Blizzard's game and if they want World of TediousCraft, they've got it.
Thing is making loads and loads of forum posts as protest - about the same topic would just clog the forums. If every single player logged the forums and posted a seperate thread complaining about the same thing would just over tax overworked ppl.

It wouldn't solve the problem.

I do believe em when they say Engineers are working overtime to bring things back into line.

I just hope that after the dust settles leveling is back in the shape it was during 7.3.5 at the least. Cuz currently it is slow AF.

Been leveling Void Elves at a crawl. Wish i had started them sooner but was busy with work, Beta and Mage-Towers. If i'd known it'd become this much of a crapshoot i'd have planned and put aside time to level b4 8.0.1.
We didn't want 7.3.5 nerf, but they made things way worse. They're lying to us about leveling three times for one week. Unintentional? Pffff.
Still no fix. Unbelievable. At least give us some leveling event like in pre-Legion while you fix the leveling issues...
i begin to fear the situation will remain the same (till the unlock of the other 4 in BFA)

Like that one exp in dungeons thread on the US forum with over 3k posts and barely a blue to be seen?

The main use of those long threats is to contain opinions of a specific topic to prevent them from spreading while giving the illusion that Blizzard would care.

You need to drop that defeatist attitude mate