Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 34 35 36 146 Next
25/07/2018 11:49Posted by Iroha
Enter Azjul nerub dungeon.. we wiping today first trash... BLIZZARD THIS IS OK? OMG MAN.. this enough me now.. give me back my money.. this is joke....

Dire Maul too. About level 45-50. The normal leveling dungeons are the new mythic! :)
Yeah, it's kind of fun and challenging that you can't just pull everything and aoe it down in 2 seconds, but the rewards are not there. Getting 1/3 to 1/2 of level for 1-1.5h run is just not rewarding at all. And since item level curve is non existest from 1 to 100, e.g. you don't really get any meaningful upgrades too.
Honestly we are two weeks into this patch now, and no one at Blizzard has noticed the HP levels are way too high?

You all know what will happen right?

They'll buff legion mobs HP and claim its fixed.
25/07/2018 12:09Posted by Zanmarea
They'll buff legion mobs HP and claim its fixed.

Literally fell off my chair laughing as this will probably happen.
25/07/2018 11:40Posted by Aerythlea
Just an update here, we've made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling the content since the Pre-Patch to address issues such as; adjusting mobs that were too hitting hard, some mob HP being disproportionately high, bosses having lethal abilities that weren't lethal before etc. both in, and out, of dungeons.

If you notice that a particular mob takes a long time to kill, or has an ability that seems to hit a lot harder than before (this is for both open world, and within dungeons), please do continue to make bug reports about it. Being as specific as possible with the report, including information such as the name of the mob, what felt off, any high impact abilities, as well as what class and spec you're playing, will really help pin-point further pain-points so that we can fix them.

Likewise if there are any dungeons you feel take too long or don't award EXP proportionate to the length, please do continue to submit these reports as well.

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to submit reports so far. We're continuing to squash bugs and make adjustments as the reports come in, the intention isn't for leveling to be slower than it was in 7.3.5

25/07/2018 07:22Posted by Acee
Hey i have an idea lets remove Argus AHOTC and the Spellwing mount before prepatch,then roll out the said prepatch destroy anything that was left from Antorus and then try to fix..it? 3 weeks before BFA?

Not really related to this topic, but the Violet Spellwing can still be obtained up until the release of Battle for Azeroth.

Lol? Are you guys mocking us? Or you want us to report as a bug every single mob in the game from level 1 to 98? How about addressing the EXP that got nerfed to the oblivion in the quests?

Or the fact that the dungeons are so slow after your "changes" that they are worthless?

Mobs need to be 3-4 times faster to kill and you need to buff quest exp rewards again. Unless, of course, you are sabotaging your own leveling system to sell boosts...
Yes, people want for leveling to be fun and challenging. This does not mean a slog fest with more hp and higher dmg numbers. A special ability that mobs do here and there is great, something to react to and to use your class' abilities.

It's simply not worth the time to level right now. Even if we somehow ignore the scaling issues, the rewards are tiny and are the second part of the overall problem. The XP rewards from quests, dungeons, and most importantly - hierlooms, need to be doubled at least.

This is old content we have done already. Even if you're a new player, you should be able to breeze through 1-100. Edit: and get to end game much much sooner.
That's it i'm unsubscribing this game as I want to level to experience the next expansion with the characters that I want and I have to spend 10x the time I should just because you ruined the game and you don't even fix it. You don't even know what's wrong with your own game as the last blue post shows.

You will probably correct the only thing that is working well: Legion leveling. Stop insulting us.
Just an update here, we've made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling the content since the Pre-Patch to address issues such as; adjusting mobs that were too hitting hard, some mob HP being disproportionately high, bosses having lethal abilities that weren't lethal before etc. both in, and out, of dungeons.

If you notice that a particular mob takes a long time to kill, or has an ability that seems to hit a lot harder than before (this is for both open world, and within dungeons), please do continue to make bug reports about it. Being as specific as possible with the report, including information such as the name of the mob, what felt off, any high impact abilities, as well as what class and spec you're playing, will really help pin-point further pain-points so that we can fix them.

Likewise if there are any dungeons you feel take too long or don't award EXP proportionate to the length, please do continue to submit these reports as well.

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to submit reports so far. We're continuing to squash bugs and make adjustments as the reports come in, the intention isn't for leveling to be slower than it was in 7.3.5

Hey i have an idea lets remove Argus AHOTC and the Spellwing mount before prepatch,then roll out the said prepatch destroy anything that was left from Antorus and then try to fix..it? 3 weeks before BFA?

Not really related to this topic, but the Violet Spellwing can still be obtained up until the release of Battle for Azeroth.

I really hope I am misinterpreting here, but it seems like you're saying that you're done with any overall changes to levelling and are just open to adjusting single mobs here and there. I seriously hope I am just taking this the wrong way.

EVERY SINGLE MOB under 100 hits too hard and takes WAY too long to kill. I have a 42 Shaman in STV at the moment, and the Troll mobs in the north western ruins take me down to about 25% of my HP. It took me 30+ seconds to kill each one. That's ONE MOB.

If I pull more than two, I'm dead. I've been playing this game since vanilla and I have never had to do so many corpse runs whilst levelling.

Like I said, I seriously hope I am just taking what you say the wrong way, because it sounds like you're mostly done with how levelling works. This is not okay. It needs to be reverted to 7.3.5.

Bearing in mind that I'm wearing a full set of heirlooms. I cannot even imagine what it's currently like for new players who don't have any. No one asked you to do this. Except maybe a couple of elitist twits that moan about levelling being too easy. The same people who will just join these threads to say "OMG git gud, noobs!".

I'm trying to lvl this Shaman to play with in BfA, I literally cannot do so at the moment as the scaling is so broken. PLEASE do something about it, and do it fast.
25/07/2018 12:07Posted by Iroha
Check this image:

Main char(110) and Suramar mob (110) and my alt(64) Zangarmash mob(64) HP

https://imgur.com/bxIW2kY

Exactly, i dont understand how they want us to report "single bugs" the whole 1-100 is cucked.
Quick example, before the pre-patch I was able to one hit old raid bosses like in ICC with my 110 level characters. Now I had to fight at least 30 sec with every boss.

This is just insulting tbh. Literally every single mob from lvl 1 to 110 is BROKEN(with the exception of Legion - it's playable around there). You expect me to go report every mob in the game? You released a patch that doesn't work. Fix it or revert it so people can play the game.

This is the time where people decide on what they want to play for BFA and you can't even go level a new character. Why am I even paying for this...
Maybe we should vote with our feet and do exactly as they say. Report every bugged mob from 1-98. I mean that's what they're suggesting. Ok guys I have Valley of Trials covered, who wants Deathknell?

Ridiculous.
25/07/2018 12:29Posted by Drelthek
Maybe we should vote with our feet and do exactly as they say. Report every bugged mob from 1-98. I mean that's what they're suggesting. Ok guys I have Valley of Trials covered, who wants Deathknell?

Ridiculous.

Yo ill take The Barrens 4Head,ill get my pokedex out and track every mob dude its like !@#$ing pokemonGO in 2018.
I'll see what zone my Paladin is in, and get started.

Look, I understand that as a community manager/customer support member, you can't just wave a wand and make things better. It's not fair to expect that. On the other hand, please appreciate that telling us to submit bug reports isn't giving us a clear or promising resolution. When we submit bug reports, we get no feedback on them; we have to rely on the unilateral decision from Blizzard to either make the change, or disregard it. Because there's no immediacy in that process, we don't know if we're getting shrugged off or actually heard for our issues.

We really need someone that's within the development loop and willing to liaise with customers to let us know what's happening to fix this. We need to feel acknowledged and not shelved when it comes to fixing a problem that we were promised wasn't going to be a significant issue. I say this in response to Ion promising our power relative to the world wouldn't change. I watched someone on Twitch do the 98-110 content today, and they were surprised at the disproportionate difficulty, in their worlds 'Everything is melting, I'm hitting 2 buttons and it's dead', and that should demonstrate some level of disconnect in the leveling process.

I believe, in that regard, that the 98-110 content was tested. I don't think the 1-98 stuff was though. Not really. I strongly suspect it came with the presupposition that when Y worked X must've worked to get there.

Can you please pass it up the chain that we want someone with some level of authority, involvement, and a direct proponent of resolution on this matter to get involved? We want to feel listened to, and we want a directness of knowing things are getting solved. We don't want this evasive game of 'submit bug reports' or 'perceived issues', we just want it to be clear cut.
So on beta BfA, which i got free and dont nead sub, i see myself like beta tester, i submit bug, try to give feedback, etc but why i nead to do that on live, which i PAY ?

So i nead to play like 30-40 min cata dung, than when i come to last boss i see that he is broken, for that i got 1% xp, no xp reward from random dung, than i wait 20-30 min for MoP dung, got one where is second boss buged, spend 5-10 min to kill first boss than we all leave and wait next 20-30 min :)

And when come full BfA few months i will not have time for leveling alts and now next 20 days i will do what ? With new leveling system i will not have time to hit 110 with new alt :)

This is a joke, right? Literally every single mob from 1-98 in the entire game has obscene amounts of health for the damage you now do at those levels, I made a Nightborne Lock just to see how bad the leveling really is and I've stopped after getting it to 50.

I've done all of Southern & Northern Barrens + Ghostlands and a few dungeons inbetween, Dungeon bosses take way too long to kill (talking 2+ minutes of basically hitting a glorified Training Dummy, none of them even have interesting mechanics so it feels like a complete Snoozefest) & I can have like 8+ Wild Imps out just from killing one mob in the open world. The amount of Spell cycling required to do that is a huge investment just to down one creature.

I'm not trying to bash on you as the Messenger, but come on. Please make them aware of this, I & I'm sure many others don't want to scramble to level characters days before the Expansion launch because it's taken so long to get this point across.

Wow! thanks for an overdue post that doesnt actually address many of the issues. there is STILL no word about the dungeon completion bonuses. ive spent half my time attempting to level and the other half sending in bug reports. even gm's have brushed me off. just admit its broken. that's all we are asking! I dont care if it didnt get fixed for a week or so at least admit there is a problem! this has still not been addressed or even commented on!
I still don't get the point of making levelling this hard when this game starts at max lvl.

If you want to try to kill yourself, grind boars or wait for the Vanilla server.
Blizzard doesn’t care anymore, they only want money by selling as many 110 boosts as possible.
25/07/2018 12:50Posted by Fiveoclock
I still don't get the point of making levelling this hard when this game starts at max lvl.

If you want to try to kill yourself, grind boars or wait for the Vanilla server.

But it gets easier once you hit Legion content..