Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 36 37 38 146 Next
25/07/2018 13:51Posted by Seranda
Blizz! Dont listen to these whiners.

Leveling isnt perfect now, but surerely better than it has been in a long long time.

I'm having fun leveling.

The problem is that. You think it's funny leveling. So you like questing. Good for !@#$ing you. I want to hit max level and start raiding asap with my reroll. I don't think it's funny being stuck 1 hour for 1 level. Choices.
25/07/2018 13:46Posted by Gore
I'm usually not posting anything, but I'm leveling another Warrior at the moment.
Are we seriously supposed to suffer that much? It does not make sense at all - is this your way to get more subscribers?

Well this is a very nasty way of keeping people in the game longer=more monthly payments or lose their !@#$ and pay for a character boost.

Everyone paying for a Levelboost BECAUSE (!) of the ridiculous amount of time needed to level up right now is literally just supporting their management system. Which shouldn't be at the moment since it's just absurd.
I don't mind people paying for it, that's ok to me.
But if the amount of levelboosts rises because of the absurd changes they made, they obviously will not stop using this kind of strategy.
I've sent them bug report saying that every mob 1-100 is overtuned and added a link to this thread as well. May be if more ppl do that they finally figure out there an issue, global one?
25/07/2018 12:50Posted by Kikuyu
Wow! thanks for an overdue post that doesnt actually address many of the issues. there is STILL no word about the dungeon completion bonuses. ive spent half my time attempting to level and the other half sending in bug reports. even gm's have brushed me off. just admit its broken. that's all we are asking! I dont care if it didnt get fixed for a week or so at least admit there is a problem! this has still not been addressed or even commented on!

It was explicitly said in the Q&A last week that it's not intended for leveling to take longer, or be any more difficult, than it was in 7.3.5. If a mob took around X seconds to kill in 7.3.5, it should still take around X seconds to kill in 8.0.1. If it doesn't, we will fix it - this is an ongoing process.

I also mentioned earlier in this thread that the inconsistency on the Random Dungeon queue reward was a display issue - you should receive the same bonus each time when doing a random dungeon. We're continuing to forward on the reports about inconsistencies with the end of dungeon completion bonus.

Yes, you're right, I do realise it's frustrating to be told "make a bug report" - but from my own play experience recently there's definitely mobs out there that are in worse places than others in terms of time-to-kill and damage output. Specific details about the mobs that feel much worse than others allow us to get to those, and alleviate those pain-points more quickly. However, this doesn't mean that the rest of the world won't be looked at.

Again, the intent is not for leveling to be slower or harder than it was in 7.3.5. When all is said and done it should feel similar to what it was in 7.3.5 and it's something there are people working toward every single day.
oh wow, well, just noticed an issue. (i think)when i was lvling in tbc im pretty sure the xp needed per level was around 495k (around lvl 65-70) not 100% sure but it seems to be less now since lvl 76, around 450 and at lvl 80 i need 482k :S etting 2 1/2 k more per quest, 612 xp per mob as opposed to around 400/500 between 70-80. wish id remember to take proper numbers now, maybe someone can correct me just going from what i remember :S

it basically feeling the mob AND the levelling scaling itself isnt right :S
You are doing fine blizz.

Only problems I have ever experienced after the scaling changes are in wod content.

These people have just got used to the old leveling that was completely broken. It is far better now.
Wow! thanks for an overdue post that doesnt actually address many of the issues. there is STILL no word about the dungeon completion bonuses. ive spent half my time attempting to level and the other half sending in bug reports. even gm's have brushed me off. just admit its broken. that's all we are asking! I dont care if it didnt get fixed for a week or so at least admit there is a problem! this has still not been addressed or even commented on!

It was explicitly said in the Q&A last week that it's not intended for leveling to take longer, or be any more difficult, than it was in 7.3.5. If a mob took around X seconds to kill in 7.3.5, it should still take around X seconds to kill in 8.0.1. If it doesn't, we will fix it - this is an ongoing process.

I also mentioned earlier in this thread that the inconsistency on the Random Dungeon queue reward was a display issue - you should receive the same bonus each time when doing a random dungeon. We're continuing to forward on the reports about inconsistencies with the end of dungeon completion bonus.

Yes, you're right, I do realise it's frustrating to be told "make a bug report" - but from my own play experience recently there's definitely mobs out there that are in worse places than others in terms of time-to-kill and damage output. Specific details about the mobs that feel much worse than others allow us to get to those, and alleviate those pain-points more quickly. However, this doesn't mean that the rest of the world won't be looked at.

Again, the intent is not for leveling to be slower or harder than it was in 7.3.5. When all is said and done it should feel that same as it was in 7.3.5 and it's something there are people working toward every single day.

It's not ONE mob is more difficult than the others. It's literally everything inbetween 1-98. Where is a jurisdiction to make leveling from 1-98 harder than leveling from 100-110 at legion release? This makes no sense. It's not one monster that's overtuned (some had bugs obviously) it's the whole experience. The scaling is the issue.

Again, the intent is not for leveling to be slower or harder than it was in 7.3.5. When all is said and done it should feel that same as it was in 7.3.5 and it's something there are people working toward every single day.

I understand that one mob may be more bugged than others, but the problem is the WHOLE levelling experience in the cauldron. This means that you have: add more experience gained per mob/quest/dungeon OR squish out even more mob's health and damage. Not one by one. ALL of them.
25/07/2018 13:55Posted by Aerythlea

I also mentioned earlier in this thread that the inconsistency on the Random Dungeon queue reward was a display issue -

this is the damn issue you guys have! people are having issues and reporting COMPLETION XP not RANDOM DUNGEON XP as it is MISSING! I have even wrote in my post quite clearly COMPLETION XP yet you are quoting a completely different source of xp to me >.< I have done bug reports, spoken to 2 GM's and here on the forums and all your officials are showing is they have NO IDEA WTF THE PLAYER BASE IS TALKING ABOUT!

That is why me and others are getting annoyed. you buffed random dungeon xp, when people are complaining about the completion xp that ion himself in the Q and A said that 'oh its rolled into the boss xp' NO IT ISNT AND NO IT ISNT A DISPLAY BUG!
How come Blizzard is shifting the blame on us saying that WE, the PAYING CUSTOMER should submit bug fixes!?!?

Blizzard shouldn't rely on the community when it comes to that, especially not in this case. You guys made a grave mistake by trying to scale all the content at once without testing it through correctly and now you're telling us to help you make your !@#$ups go away? Isn't that where we pay monthly for, to ensure that there are no %^-* ups and there is a dev team constantly fixing things!?

You are really throwing your players under the bus with this, I am very disappointed as a long time player.

Again, the intent is not for leveling to be slower or harder than it was in 7.3.5. When all is said and done it should feel similar to what it was in 7.3.5 and it's something there are people working toward every single day.

Dungeons are taking much longer than before, my experience in 40-50 dungeons is that mobs are way too strong and the dungeon takes so long to complete.
25/07/2018 14:01Posted by Kikuyu

I also mentioned earlier in this thread that the inconsistency on the Random Dungeon queue reward was a display issue -

this is the damn issue you guys have! people are having issues and reporting COMPLETION XP not RANDOM DUNGEON XP as it is MISSING! I have even wrote in my post quite clearly COMPLETION XP yet you are quoting a completely different source of xp to me >.< I have done bug reports, spoken to 2 GM's and here on the forums and all your officials are showing is they have NO IDEA WTF THE PLAYER BASE IS TALKING ABOUT!

That is why me and others are getting annoyed. you buffed random dungeon xp, when people are complaining about the completion xp that ion himself in the Q and A said that 'oh its rolled into the boss xp' NO IT ISNT AND NO IT ISNT A DISPLAY BUG!

At the end of the very paragraph you only quoted the opening part from, I said:

We're continuing to forward on the reports about inconsistencies with the end of dungeon completion bonus.

To clarify that a bit more, I mean inconsistencies between what you get now, and what you got in 7.3.5
Ok nice. Finally we have an update. It's a good thing.
Ill hope the situation will be normalized soon.
Guys, they said they acknowledged the problem, and that they are working to make leveling as it was in patch 7.3.5, as it was intended originally. Seriously, you guys are just beating on the bush now.
And really? How hard is it to submit a bug report? You think they have an army of testers that test years of content in the game in a matter of a week?
Of course they are asking for the player's help, it's going to make the whole process a lot faster, since whining and complaining is really not going to do much when they are already fixing the problem.

I am curios about one thing,why not decrease the Hp of all mobs by 50 - 75 % and double the Xp gained by the mobs by 50%.Also fix the quote" Completion" dungeon not the random xp the one you are suppose to gain by killing the last boss ,which clearly isnt there.

In the last Q&A it has been stated the entire prepatch is a mess because of the new system introduced which allows you to pull a lever(well let's be honest not you specifically but the Developers to whom which you communicate our feedback,but for arguments sake)and after you pull the lever all mobs in the world will gain that modification.

I will 100% guarantee you that if you do the above changes,you will receive at least 80% less bugs regarding impossible foes. ANd the bugs you will receive will shift from 30 sec to kill 1 mob to . I am oneshoting this mob.

If that happens you just buff slightly that specific mob. I think it's an awesome way to solve the problems faster and better.
Mob hp is fine and so is their damage. You arent supposed to pull 10mobs and aoe them down.

2 is ok. 3 is hard. 4 death.

If you are taking your time killing a mob, you are doing something wrong. The problem is you, not the mob.
25/07/2018 14:11Posted by Aallorah
Guys, they said they acknowledged the problem, and that they are working to make leveling as it was in patch 7.3.5, as it was intended originally. Seriously, you guys are just beating on the bush now.
And really? How hard is it to submit a bug report? You think they have an army of testers that test years of content in the game in a matter of a week?
Of course they are asking for the player's help, it's going to make the whole process a lot faster, since whining and complaining is really not going to do much when they are already fixing the problem.

They don't need bug reports to change HP and damage of all 1-100 mobs. They already done 25% damage reduction few days ago. They just need to do it again, but reduce health and damage by 50% this time...

25/07/2018 13:58Posted by Seranda
You are doing fine blizz.

Only problems I have ever experienced after the scaling changes are in wod content.

These people have just got used to the old leveling that was completely broken. It is far better now.

25/07/2018 14:14Posted by Seranda
Mob hp is fine and so is their damage. You arent supposed to pull 10mobs and aoe them down.

If you are taking your time killing a mob, you are doing something wrong. The problem is you, not the mob.

Go troll somewhere else.
Just an update here, we've made a large number of hotfixes and changes to leveling the content since the Pre-Patch to address issues such as; adjusting mobs that were too hitting hard, some mob HP being disproportionately high, bosses having lethal abilities that weren't lethal before etc. both in, and out, of dungeons.

If you notice that a particular mob takes a long time to kill, or has an ability that seems to hit a lot harder than before (this is for both open world, and within dungeons), please do continue to make bug reports about it. Being as specific as possible with the report, including information such as the name of the mob, what felt off, any high impact abilities, as well as what class and spec you're playing, will really help pin-point further pain-points so that we can fix them.

Likewise if there are any dungeons you feel take too long or don't award EXP proportionate to the length, please do continue to submit these reports as well.

Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to submit reports so far. We're continuing to squash bugs and make adjustments as the reports come in, the intention isn't for leveling to be slower than it was in 7.3.5

I'm happy to read that you are on the same page as us :) but I've been looking around and the mobs from atleast level 61 and below still seems unchanged? The world mobs needs a tweak for sure, a level 60-61 has around the same health pool, as a level 110 from the Broken Isle. That can't be right? :)

Despite the popular opinion, I enjoy the dungeons has been harder, a decent challenge - but some of them still needs tweaking, for even heirloomed geared group it could be extremely tough. I don't mind the bosses, feeling like a propper boss, but if you want to keep the difficulty and the time spent on dungeons the same - then my personal suggestion, is that you increase the reward :) This does not mean, I think some bosses shouldn't be tweaked, because some of them as a extremly large health pool for their level.

You can also feel the decrease in experience, when you removed it from the bonus objectives. Was this intentional as well?

Btw. thanks for taking it like a champ Aerythlea
25/07/2018 14:08Posted by Aerythlea
25/07/2018 14:01Posted by Kikuyu

At the end of the very paragraph you only quoted the opening part from, I said:

We're continuing to forward on the reports about inconsistencies with the end of dungeon completion bonus.

To clarify that a bit more, I mean inconsistencies between what you get now, and what you got in 7.3.5

If that is in regards to the 'killing a boss' completion bonus, then I apologise, and I also thank you. I have been waiting, as have many others, a WEEK for one person just to say that.

It's not your fault I understand that, and I appreciate the clarification, as all week all we have had thrown in our faces by in game GM's and forum posts is the random dungeon xp, i was even told by a gm to submit a suggestion if I thought it was a good system to implement in the future XD they didn't even understand what I was talking to!

Again, I appreciate the clarity, thank you, FINALLY! But 7 days waiting for an answer on this, as I've stated multiple times in this thread 'just someone to say we're addressing it' is beyond a joke IMHO. :(
25/07/2018 14:14Posted by Seranda

You think you know what you are saying but until this >>

24/07/2018 13:51Posted by Raenva
just some info from the us forums for some people.

I will post links to the pictures as proof but also show the health here for those to lazy to click a picture.

1.) Vanilla: Mob level 61 Health 3088
https://imgur.com/9urErjo
2.) Burning Crusade: Mob level 81 Health 5191
https://imgur.com/O0Lld9g
3.) Wrath: Mob level 81 Health 5059
https://imgur.com/vcVXCGU
4.) Pandaria: Mob level 91 Health 6519
https://imgur.com/d6gQ63O
5.) WoD: Mob level 101 Health 11228
https://imgur.com/gn7iMCB
6.) Legion: Mob level 111 Health 4332
https://imgur.com/qmN40Cv
7.) Legion (Broken Shore): Mob level 111 Health 5486
https://imgur.com/Bh7l5s0

any mob having more hp than a legion mob is a problem, no matter how weaksauce they hit. ( which depending on where you are, they do not.)

Gets fixed, you argument is horrible and without research behind it.