Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 39 40 41 146 Next
Blizzard you are aware of that you are not indie company and you should have a lot of resources to fix this faster, right? There's really a lot to be fixed and it's not the speed and quality that people expect. It's really not that hard to fly through some zones and check HP of mobs. There are literally mobs in Northrend that have 12k HP where mobs in Legion have like 5k. Are you seriously relying only on bug reports from players? That's ridiculous
780 posts and counting... Yet they dont give a flying F
25/07/2018 17:20Posted by Galaxik

They never cared anyway sadly.It has been 8 days since patch and nothing was done.
25/07/2018 17:19Posted by Shorty
Blizzard you are aware of that you are not indie company and you should have a lot of resources to fix this faster, right? There's really a lot to be fixed and it's not the speed and quality that people expect. It's really not that hard to fly through some zones and check HP of mobs. There are literally mobs in Northrend that have 12k HP where mobs in Legion have like 5k. Are you seriously rely only on bug reports from players? That's ridiculous

Comparing Blizzard with an indie company is a direct insult to indie companies.
25/07/2018 17:21Posted by Dellerium
25/07/2018 17:20Posted by Galaxik

They never cared anyway sadly.It has been 8 days since patch and nothing was done.

This is not only for leveling. This is for everything.

What they seem not to understand is that the only reason they can feed they family is because of players money. We are giving money for fun they are creating that fun for us but for some reason they are also removing it and totally ignoring us. I mean they dont ignore silly things like: "Cloud in Highmountain was bugged it was small now it is fixed it will be bigger cloud we apologize for this and we will listen to our players more" .

This is like if you order custom clothing you want it to be as you want it to be and you pay for it not the other way around.
Whenever I try to pull myself together to level again, it's a complete !@#$fest that has me quitting the whole game after 5 minutes. The damage I do is the equivalent of flinging wet spaghetti through a hallway, not to mention the fact that I don't even see the XP bar moving as reward (if I even survive one mob).

Absolutely ridiculous. I've been a Blizzard games player (WoW mostly, of course) for a long damn time and I've not once seen something like this just staying in game for over a week without anything being done about it.

EDIT: Would be cool if once it's fixed, Blizz decides to give us a level boost, some game time, a free mount, I don't know. Anything that says "sorry we shat on you guys, who pay for our income.".
I dont understand how this can even go through to live. Its like it's never been tested and the devs just flipped a switch without checking all the content. Legion Mobs have 5k HP while mobs in northrend has like 15k.While the mob also have alot more health at low lvl it's getting multiplied by you almost don't have any abilities at low lvls since you havnt unlocked them yet. Killing 1 mob in the lvlrange of 10-90 atm takes like 1 min and you almost die. The experience gain is horrible, its almost vanilla like when your wearing heirloom. Without heirloom its prob worse than vanilla.
I wich i can refund my game, cuz actually my gaming experience is f*cking awful. PVE not fix,
PVP not fix,
XP no fix...
but at least we got that shiny questline :D

I wonder why i keep paying this 13 bucks / months, since one week now, i cannot play on the content i used to without getting pissed off cuz every single aspect of the game right now is terrible.

BTW XP IS FINE, i had 1h05 to do 59-60 (Ok ground mount ikr) while lvling my fresh DH 98-110 => 5h12 /played.

No need to say that we won't even have more days on our subscribe because EVERYTHING is fine =='
25/07/2018 11:43Posted by Iliketolose
25/07/2018 11:40Posted by Aerythlea
If you notice that a particular mob takes a long time to kill, or has an ability that seems to hit a lot harder than before

Every single monster after patch.

Yes while I appreciate the response, the entirety of the leveling experience is messed up right now.

Especially 60-80, it can take an hour or longer to go up ONE level. With heirlooms. And the monk buff. And I generally do my best to speed run quests.

Scaling is way off all over the place, player damage is absolutely pitiful or mob HP is too high. As soon as you hit 100 it becomes SIGNIFICANTLY easier.

I am all up for a more even questing experience than the lightspeed pace we had before. But this is swinging too far in the opposite direction, especially when many classes go a dozen levels or MORE (S.Priest goes FOURTY LEVELS without a new ability excluding talents) without getting a single new thing. It's just absolute agony. Something more drastic needs to be done.
As a currently leveling guy, and doing both quests and dungeons on my monk, as healer, tank and dps, I'm seriously starting to think that people are just really not able to play their class.

The amount of people I see how completely fails to do the most basic of content of their class is beyond belief.

Yes leveling is harder, but in so many cases most of you would do so much better if you actually learned how to play your character instead of expecting faceroll on the keyboard..
Just had a little bit more info regarding Legion mob HP specifically:

The mobs in the outdoor world Legion had their HP (and power) lowered in 8.0.1 due to de-powering of Artifact Weapons. This was done so that there wouldn't be a sudden increase in difficulty between Warlords of Draenor and Legion questing, as well as to prevent a sudden increase in difficulty at 110 for players engaging in outdoor content such as World Quests compared to 7.3.5. The current plan is for Legion content to be tuned to be more in-line with the rest of the leveling curve in a future patch.
25/07/2018 18:08Posted by Sentaris
As a currently leveling guy, and doing both quests and dungeons on my monk, as healer, tank and dps, I'm seriously starting to think that people are just really not able to play their class.

The amount of people I see how completely fails to do the most basic of content of their class is beyond belief.

Yes leveling is harder, but in so many cases most of you would do so much better if you actually learned how to play your character instead of expecting faceroll on the keyboard..

Please teach me how to play a Brewmaster in a random dungeon lvl 15 - 25 without access to any of your tanking abilities, because they're unlocked way too late.
25/07/2018 18:11Posted by Aerythlea

The mobs in the outdoor world Legion had their HP (and power) lowered in 8.0.1 due to de-powering of Artifact Weapons. This was done so that there wouldn't be a sudden increase in difficulty between Warlords of Draenor and Legion questing, as well as to prevent a sudden increase in difficulty at 110 for players engaging in outdoor content such as World Quests compared to 7.3.5. The current plan is for Legion content to be tuned to be more in-line with the rest of the leveling curve in a future patch.

Legion is at good spot right now. Don't ruin it. Better fix everything else.

I fail to see the sudden increase when a WoD mob has 10k+ health compared to a Legion mob with around 4k health.

You make it sound as if the broken health across every expansion is by design and not considered a flaw, and the only flaw is that Legion hp is messed up.

Edit: what future patch: 1 week before BfA is here or what?

Edit 2: how does Blizzard handle refunds on running subs? Most of the current leveling is broken, thus people pay for a service that isn't offered to an acceptable degree.
25/07/2018 18:15Posted by Шокохрюшка

Legion is at good spot right now. Don't ruin it. Better fix everything else.

This.
25/07/2018 18:11Posted by Liarawyn
25/07/2018 18:08Posted by Sentaris

Please teach me how to play a Brewmaster in a random dungeon lvl 15 - 25 without access to any of your tanking abilities, because they're unlocked way too late.

You deal with it the best you can. If you can't survive without damage mitigation abilities, you are a useless player and should indeed learn your class better. But again, I'm not think for a second you are serious in your statement, but it is an important one to answer. I'm currently level 75 on my monk, and leveled him since the prepatch landed. I've met hard content, but my class (cc, healing, stun, abilities) made it more than possible to solo all the way. Yes, things are harder - but the whole leveling experience is being overly exaggerated by players who don't get the point that they are finding the content hard, not because of the squish, but because they simply can't deliver solutions to their own problems.
25/07/2018 18:23Posted by Sentaris
25/07/2018 18:11Posted by Liarawyn

You deal with it the best you can. If you can't survive without damage mitigation abilities, you are a useless player and should indeed learn your class better. But again, I'm not think for a second you are serious in your statement, but it is an important one to answer. I'm currently level 75 on my monk, and leveled him since the prepatch landed. I've met hard content, but my class (cc, healing, stun, abilities) made it more than possible to solo all the way. Yes, things are harder - but the whole leveling experience is being overly exaggerated by players who don't get the point that they are finding the content hard, not because of the squish, but because they simply can't deliver solutions to their own problems.

I gave you a specific scenario, a Brewmaster in a dungeon environment that has no access to his tanking abilities in the level range of 15-25 or even later, and yet here you are talking about how you played him solo.

I guess your superiority-complex blinded you.

Just for you: http://www.wowhead.com/brewmaster-monk-abilities#0+2+1+17

Legion mob scaling is almost in a perfect spot right now. Its everything else that is broken. Ok so you Tune legion to be more in line with the rest of the leveling curve. This still dosnt fix the entire 10-98 leveling bracket which takes forever where mobs have way to much hp compared to what dmg you do and the experience gains will still be horrible. On top of the insanely large health pools at low levels as i said in my other post it just feels even worse cuz you almost have no abilities at low levels compared to at 98+. Example 59-60 takes like 2 hours with heirlooms and monk buff. I can't imagine the speed without heirloom and monk buff. 98-110 takes around 5-7 hours.

The current plan is for Legion content to be tuned to be more in-line with the rest of the leveling curve in a future patch.

So, in a nutshell: Break the working stuff (Legion content) to fit the general broken leveling (1-98).

This thread is utter madness but let's just keep going to see what happens.