Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 47 48 49 146 Next
new hotfix.. no change.. i think they are not change leveling system...
26/07/2018 09:31Posted by Greuceanu
All they have to do to fix it for you bunch of crybabies is to buff the xp given by quests / dungeons. That's it. Not lower difficulty, not make everything one-shottable.

You clearly have no ideea about what difficult means,if they wanted to make difficult content.They would make each mob capable of killing you.

Currently the leveling is not difficult nor rewarding(bar wod where it's insane the hp they have).

They need to make leveling rewarding cause it's not,and they can also make it difficult if they think they make it too rewarding.

They should just give mobs extra dmg,lower hp by 50% even 75% in wod and everything is solved.
26/07/2018 07:09Posted by Voxel
Not sure what’s going on with the dungeons or PvP, but levelling through questing has been ruined for about 14 years now.

Questing used to be great. You’d sit and carefully read the quest, taking note of any pertinent information, such as characters involved, locations, items you needed to collect, or vermin you needed to dispose off. Then after reading it, you’d look at your map to see which way to head. You’d look for place names mentioned or just a general direction, or your surroundings. You’d get on your mount and start riding along roads, pathways, through undergrowth, across fields etc. etc. until you got to where you thought the quest objective might be. Then you investigated. You looked at enemies in the area, you checked the quest again. You realised you were in the right place and started collecting or killing or whatever you’d been told you had to do. You went through the process and completed your objectives. Then, you went back to the questgiver and handed it in, reading their response and feeling satisfied that you’d done something to help this NPC.

Now? Talk to NPC. Accept without reading. Follow arrow. Kill mobs. Return to NPC.

Gee. I wonder why people were levelling fast! Hmm. Let me think…

WoW does not even have the staple “read the quest to find out what to do” feature of an RPG anymore because you can completely skip that, and Blizzard go straight to LET’S GIVE MOBS 300% MORE HEALTH as the solution to solve the fast levelling problem they allowed to happen. They just add new problems in a futile attempt to solve problems caused by the arrow and blue blobs. You can’t even turn off the arrow as far as I know.

If Blizzard had removed the Questhelper crap instead of upping mob health, it would have slowed down levelling, especially for newcomers, and nobody would have had anything to say about it. You simply can not argue against having to read a quest in order to find out what to do, because that is the backbone of the RPG. It’s fun, rewarding and satisfying to do, reading the story, figuring out what’s needed then going and doing it, coming back and being rewarded for it. It’s also self-balancing when it comes to speed and repeat playthroughs. People talk about heirlooms giving you a boost when you’ve seen it all before. Having to read the quests the first time you do them creates that slowdown that new players want. When you’ve already done the quests, they’re naturally quicker to complete on repeat playthroughs, so you don’t need heirlooms or XP potions or anything else to speed things up when you’re on a new alt.

So, instead of massive mob health, perhaps they should consider reverting it to pre 7.3.5 and doing something about the actual problems making it feel too fast, like the questhelper arrow, blobs, outlines, and even the short objectives listed on screen all the time so you have to read through a quest again for clues if you get a bit lost. And yes, they should bring back the way the quest text would be written out before your eyes complete with the pencil-on-paper sound so you’ve got to sit and wait. Currently it’s all clicky clicky instant-gratification spoonfed and it has no depth, which is why people blast through it at a thousand miles an hour.

Of course the problem with this idea, is that levelling via quests would be enjoyable and relaxing instead of being a tedious boring grind and you’d sell less boosts.

I thoroughly appreciate the concept you're trying to get across, but please, please appreciate the following.

The current quests are garbage content.

They work well, functionally, but large swathes of the quests are pop culture references with paradigmatic content. Why the hell would I care about reading quests made of memes that weren't particularly funny 8 years ago? They don't immerse me in the world, the contents of current quests does anything but; it trains me to ignore the quest content when they throw quests at me like 'MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK'. (Tol Barad: http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27992/magnets-how-do-they-work? - even though this isn't 'leveling content', this one is the one that resonates how piss poor the lore involvement of quest text is.)
For the second night in a row I logged in did some fishing, re-listed some auctions and tried hard to make myself start questing again.

I couldn't face it, so I logged off. Speaking for myself here - Please Blizz devs, if you're going to retain players that are returning to level up before an expansion launches, surely you make levelling up easier rather than more difficult? I am in full heirlooms and feel underpowered and unrewarded for spending 3 times longer than I need to when questing.

I really want to play BFA content, heck I left after feeling short changed at WOD but feelnig rejuvenated returned (with a newb friend in tow no less) looking forward to levelling and facing the new content with enthusiasm. I am no where near ready for launch, not even remotely close because you have turned the levelling process into an unrewarding slog.

Please do revert the changes you have made, please don't think it's isolated mobs that are the problem. Every zone I have been in are full of mobs that hit harder and/or have hugely inflated HP. This is not fun or challenging (to me), all I want is to feel reasonably powerful, and not spend tedious hour upon hour rotating and rotating for very little reward or satisfaction.

I get the feeling the devs are working in the background but I'm not confident the problem is either understood or is being addressed to the extent that's needed.
I really hope you don't nerf legion content to the extent the rest of the gaming world is currently at, that would literally force me away again. I feel the need to underline 1-90 content is now very dated and really does not deserve to be made a slog. If you compare to newer MMO's the quest mechanics alone are incomparable. Please, i humbly implore, do not make levelling this long and arduous.
At the least please give us an option to increase the XP and reduce mob strength. Heirlooms should be that option but they feel redundant.

I hope this post isn't deemed offensive, it is posted with genuine feeling and regard, the lord knows the wow devs and teams work hard - I just hope to be able to stay and enjoy playing your game again.
Leveling can never be rewarding, because it is irrelevant. The game is all about level cap content - dungeons, raids, pvp, and leveling is just not a part of it - thus it shouldn't take days to level a character 1-max, it should take hours. Why Blizzard decided to make it longer is beyond anyone's understanding. Maybe because they wanted Heritage armor to feel special, maybe to sell more boosts, maybe to to please the people who were complaining how easy it was to outlevel zones. Who knows, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
I'm never going to level a character in the currect system from scratch, that is for sure.
26/07/2018 09:33Posted by Chorizio
All they have to do to fix it for you bunch of crybabies is to buff the xp given by quests / dungeons. That's it. Not lower difficulty, not make everything one-shottable.

THERE IS NO DIFFICULTY IN LEVELING!!!! Even if they buffed the XP gained, combats would still be !@#$!

It is fine. I couldn't finish 3 player quests soloing with my survival hunter - had to group up with 2 others - and it was a bit challenging even there. In Grizzly Hills I pulled by mistake while flying 5-7 trolls and when I got down to kill something they all charged at me. I had to use all cooldowns + kiting and I barely survived with 5% life. Some mobs hit pretty strong while others are cake, but that's the way it should be.

And last Magisters Terrace we had plenty of wipes because people were a bit dreamy. I can't say it was the tank's or the healer's fault, just carelessness and not knowing tactics, not interrupting healer mobs etc. I had to use misdirect to help the tank with aggro, freeze trap + the lock we were with was cc'ing one every time(he was actually playing very good, so did the healer).

Anyway, we managed to do it and it was difficult enough - something that is to be expected for one of the harder dungeons in TBC.
In my POV levelling now is just long and boring.
[quote="176199963072"]

Anyway, we managed to do it and it was difficult enough - something that is to be expected for one of the harder dungeons in TBC.

And how much xp you got for wiping and doing this hard dungeon? What you are giving are examples of where mobs are hiting hard(possible even slogfest) but the rewards is attrocious.

I think it seems you don't understand that no one has a problem with content being like that IF and its a huge IF the reward is there. For 1 hour spent in an heroic dungeon(old content) you should be rewarded like 5-6 levels alone maybe even more . I'm not exagerating it's old content,not new content AKKA should be less challenging then current content and be done faster.
26/07/2018 10:02Posted by Greuceanu
<span class="truncated">...</span>
THERE IS NO DIFFICULTY IN LEVELING!!!! Even if they buffed the XP gained, combats would still be !@#$!

It is fine. I couldn't finish 3 player quests soloing with my survival hunter - had to group up with 2 others - and it was a bit challenging even there. In Grizzly Hills I pulled by mistake while flying 5-7 trolls and when I got down to kill something they all charged at me. I had to use all cooldowns + kiting and I barely survived with 5% life. Some mobs hit pretty strong while others are cake, but that's the way it should be.

And last Magisters Terrace we had plenty of wipes because people were a bit dreamy. I can't say it was the tank's or the healer's fault, just carelessness and not knowing tactics, not interrupting healer mobs etc. I had to use misdirect to help the tank with aggro, freeze trap + the lock we were with was cc'ing one every time(he was actually playing very good, so did the healer).

Cool story bro. Still doesn't change the fact combats are !@#$!
Pre-patch is a perfect time to level alts, so makes perfect sense to screw up leveling. Buff heirlooms and everybody will be happy. Clock is ticking.
26/07/2018 09:38Posted by Holystephan

You clearly have no ideea about what difficult means,if they wanted to make difficult content.They would make each mob capable of killing you.

Currently the leveling is not difficult nor rewarding(bar wod where it's insane the hp they have).

They need to make leveling rewarding cause it's not,and they can also make it difficult if they think they make it too rewarding.

They should just give mobs extra dmg,lower hp by 50% even 75% in wod and everything is solved.

First of all, I didn't say leveling is difficult. It is more difficult than it used to be, but it's not even close to mythic raids difficulty and it should never be. Mythic raids = difficult, leveling = not difficult, but more difficult than it used to be.

Secondly, I cleary have an idea what I'm talking about - read my previous post here to understand why. Are you actually leveling a char?

If you don't enjoy leveling in itself, the reward for leveling is the char you get to max level. I do think it would be really nice if finishing all the quests in a zone would give a chest with some gold, herbs and ores + a chance for sellable pets / toys / mounts specific for that area EACH TIME.

Increasing damage of mobs by too much and lowering their health will make some classes which have burst aoe and decent survivability to breathe through those mobs while others will struggle.
26/07/2018 10:09Posted by Holystephan
[quote]

And how much xp you got for wiping and doing this hard dungeon? What you are giving are examples of where mobs are hiting hard(possible even slogfest) but the rewards is attrocious.

I think it seems you don't understand that no one has a problem with content being like that IF and its a huge IF the reward is there. For 1 hour spent in an heroic dungeon(old content) you should be rewarded like 5-6 levels alone maybe even more . I'm not exagerating it's old content,not new content AKKA should be less challenging then current content and be done faster.

You already quoted what I wrote 20 minutes ago - where I said all they need to do is buff xp for dungeons / questing. Maybe you didn't notice but what you just gave as solution I already wrote. Still 5-6 levels per dungeon is insane. I would't go above 1.5 levels for a dungeon - done with quests and with teh extra random xp.
26/07/2018 10:17Posted by Greuceanu

Increasing damage of mobs by too much and lowering their health will make some classes which have burst aoe and decent survivability to breathe through those mobs while others will struggle.

They don't need to lower their health that much,if they think the health is going to drop to much and that would happen,they can tripe the xp again . But that's what they don't want to do. They don't want to make leveling feel rewarding it's unrewarding .

And yes i was trying to level in prepatch but since it's such a chore i just stoped completly.IT's insane how much harder it is.

Problem is if i want to level faster i'm not allowed to,i don't want o slog thorugh this old dated content i want to play new content ,because believe or not they brought it upon themself that wow is all about that end-game and expansion content. And currently there isn't an option for that.

Imagine if only mythic raiding was available,no choice for easier stuff,just slog through trying to get to kill 1 boss per month if you are a bad guild. A big majority of player wouldn't like it would they? That's why choice is good.
Good morning all!

We identified an issue with the dungeon completion bonus which meant that players were only receiving 1/5th of the EXP they should be getting (due to the way EXP works in a group). I've been informed that this issue should now be resolved, so you should be receiving a large amount of EXP upon completing a dungeon now. If this isn't the case please do let me know.
26/07/2018 03:22Posted by Verath
Now imagine if those mobs actually did some damage, so instead of falling asleep attacking damage sponges, you suddenly cared about your healthbar, stuns and interrupts become a hundred times more useful, and it feels like a proper MMORPG.

Haha actually nah, what players really want nowadays is a Godmode ARPG with zero brainpower needed, mash your keyboard randomly, loot the entire area, rinse and repeat until 110.

Well sorry if I want to spend the less time possible doing something useless and boring as exping and I want to run for the ACTUAL content, as raiding and doing pvp. If you like doing that, go ahead. As much as I'm concerned you can play with an incandescent keyboard, without a monitor, sat on a frying pan full of boiling oil, while you choke with your own dick. But don't include us. Thanks.
26/07/2018 10:26Posted by Aerythlea
Good morning all!

We identified an issue with the dungeon completion bonus which meant that players were only receiving 1/5th of the EXP they should be getting (due to the way EXP works in a group). I've been informed that this issue should now be resolved, so you should be receiving a large amount of EXP upon completing a dungeon now. If this isn't the case please do let me know.

But what about "We're don't get expirience for competion of specific dungeon"?
Low level dungeons are like M+ difficulty, right? :D
I got so damn OOM fast in there. Tanks get a lot of damage and i only have holy shock and flash. Shock is never going to crit on this level and flash is the expensive mana healing spell. Got already a good amount of dead tanks.

Maybe look into that a little.
26/07/2018 10:26Posted by Aerythlea
Good morning all!

Sounds great if it's true. Are the other issues resolved? Like actually boosting xp overall, instead of lowering it, even though max level gets higher and higher. I don't mind if a dungeon takes longer and mobs are harder to kill.. couldn't care less, but I do care about being rewarded accordingly. I don't like to be that person, but everything just points to you wanting to sell this damn overpriced character boost that costs more than the game itself.
26/07/2018 10:25Posted by Holystephan
26/07/2018 10:17Posted by Greuceanu

They don't need to lower their health that much,if they think the health is going to drop to much and that would happen,they can tripe the xp again . But that's what they don't want to do. They don't want to make leveling feel rewarding it's unrewarding .

And yes i was trying to level in prepatch but since it's such a chore i just stoped completly.IT's insane how much harder it is.

Problem is if i want to level faster i'm not allowed to,i don't want o slog thorugh this old dated content i want to play new content ,because believe or not they brought it upon themself that wow is all about that end-game and expansion content. And currently there isn't an option for that.

Imagine if only mythic raiding was available,no choice for easier stuff,just slog through trying to get to kill 1 boss per month if you are a bad guild. A big majority of player wouldn't like it would they? That's why choice is good.

Well, different people, different perspectives. Once I finished my rep grinding for void elves + lightforged draenei I barely even logged on my main. I will finish today the alliance side of 'Burning of Teldrassil' quest with my pally and proceed into Pandaria with my tauren.

I am totally aware that once BfA starts I will probably only play BfA content for a long time. I like to stay ahead (to a point) on the new expansions and finish heroic raids first week + do alot of mythic+.

I am actually not even trying to do mythic content for 3 expansions now. My guild doesn't have the members for it and pugs happen way too late into the expansion. I would no longer be able to respect the schedule of mythic raiding anyway.
26/07/2018 10:32Posted by Psjohly
Low level dungeons are like M+ difficulty, right? :D
I got so damn OOM fast in there. Tanks get a lot of damage and i only have holy shock and flash. Shock is never going to crit on this level and flash is the expensive mana healing spell. Got already a good amount of dead tanks.

Maybe look into that a little.

The biggest problem is some players are toxic. I never blame the healers or the tanks as I know things are way more difficult now. I just write everybody to take it easy as wiping will lose us more time than clearing the packs.