Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 58 59 60 146 Next
Raf was rightfully nerfed because it wasnt the inteded use of it to powerlevel a single char.

And dungeon xp was a bug, supposedly fixed. Only giving 1/5th exp.

And you can still buy xp potions for draenor content at your garrison for 91+
The NPC health in dungeons is still far too high when leveling.
Along with the damage they deal healers can hardly even keep up with the tank alone never mind the rest of the team.
We've just applied a hotfix that reduces the damage dealt by creatures between level 1 and 100 by up to 16%, and their health by up to 24%. Until a subsequent fix (targeted for next week) to update clients with the new data, unit frames may not reflect the change in creature health, but combat should be faster and a bit less lethal across the board while leveling.

Thank you for your patience - we'll continue to monitor both logs and feedback closely, and will make further tweaks if needed.
28/07/2018 05:07Posted by Watcher
We've just applied a hotfix that reduces the damage dealt by creatures between level 1 and 100 by up to 16%, and their health by up to 24%. Until a subsequent fix (targeted for next week) to update clients with the new data, unit frames may not reflect the change in creature health, but combat should be faster and a bit less lethal across the board while leveling.

Thank you for your patience - we'll continue to monitor both logs and feedback closely, and will make further tweaks if needed.

Oh my god. Nice man gratz!

The first time I have ever seen a game designer reply in a thread. Holy actual hell, that's something. Thanks for the changes. Even though we still would like some more EXP on quests, that's a good step in the right direction. Hopefully.

Edit: I thought about it a little and it took a week, countless complain threads and one thread with over 1164 replies. Reddit is full of complains and threads about it too. At which point do you take this pre-patch back or give us atleast something that makes up for it? How much of this patch have you tested? Because in this state, every part of it, I can imagine that number goes to 0%. Look at all the threads. Look at the WoWreddit forum. Look at the websites that tell you how !@#$ty this patch is. Use google and type in "wow 8.0 bad patch" - 907,000 results. You broke so many aspects of the game, I don't even know what to say. Thanks for this change, hope you give us anything we want such as more EXP and way faster leveling. I thought about buying BfA in the past days, that thought is gone now. If this pre-patch is so !@#$ed up in every aspect, I don't wanna experience the %^-* you do in BfA.

Props for finding a solution so fast as this is the best time to level honestly, i'll get back to it later

what about dungeon completion bonus, dungeon bonus objectives and lvl 110s boosting low levels in dungeons experience gains, any work on that or are you done working on leveling? Just asking because your post made it unclear whether or not you intend to change dungeon experience or keep it as it is right now. All we want is clarity.
i cant believe this.. OMG THANKS BLIZZARD! :) Now little better leveling :) I can continue my leveling alts.. :)

Silithus still is bugged. On 110 level I hit mobs for 60-200hp, when they have 3k hp. Is something wrong? My spell say deal 300+ dmg, but mob gets around 240 max, when he is 50 level lower than me! He got more resist than Argus!!
16-24% nerf seems not enough, especially for draenor mobs that have 2-4x more health than they should.

And what about leveling speed as a whole? I think you should buff experience gain from ALL sources at levels 1-100 by at least 50% (or nerf exp needed by 50% for each lvl) to compensate for unnecessary leveling speed slowdown in 7.3.5.

And then implement something for veteran players on top of those changes to further increase experience gains by around 300%.
28/07/2018 08:15Posted by Шокохрюшка
16-24% seems not enough, especially for draenor mobs that have 2-4x more health than they should. And what about leveling speed as a whole? I think you should buff experience gain from ALL sources by at least 50%.

In my opinion better option is to buff heirloom exp.

Thank you for taking the time out to reply, it is most appreciated. Thanks also for the fix, good luck with the upcoming release.
There are still issues that won't be fixed by killing mobs faster.

- Without dungeons starting at 20 and going through the northern route as alliance swamp/arathi/hinterlands you run out of quests. You're always one level short for the next zone. So you are forced to jump to other low level zones and this hurts the overall flow quite a bit

- there are so many quests with items to pick up that makes you see other players in the world as enemies. those pickups need to be shared just like in legion. Even in a group of 5 instead of picking up 12 bottles you need to pick up 60 bottles. This hurts playing in a group because you're much faster alone. Playing in a group should be helping you

I don't think we should get the legion questing experience back, but overall it should be faster. 5 or 6 guaranteed level per low level zone without heirlooms and dungeons so you can skip a sidequest or two and can still progress to the next zone

This is all well and good, but we still need a minor xp buffs from creatures and quests

Thanks!
Thanks for what? Hello, that fix must been deployed two weeks ago. For all this time leveling was forbidden to use. Twoo weeks for temporary solution, that can be programmed in 5 minutes. Oh wait, small indie company, I forgot.
28/07/2018 01:43Posted by Dellerium
27/07/2018 20:21Posted by Kungur
if this wont get fixed i will quit the game and uninstal wow, let me put this bluntly
i leveled thru the content countloess of times, i dont want to do your slow slog leveling experience
why was the heirloom xp nerfed?
why u took away dungeon xp, because U DID!
why u removed xp potions/elixirs?
why u nerfed raf?
fix all this or enjoy a barren game by the end of december

heirloom exp was never nerfed

Oh man how i wished you were right,but unfortunately i was here when it happened. They nerfed xp in the following way :
-raf xp from 250 % to 50%
-rax xp cannot buff heirloom xp (you cannot combine the two)
-heirloom xp capped at 50 %. (making it useless to wear to 2xp rings) and to add any other xp item cause it has been CAPED at 50%.

It was a huge nerf especially for people that leveled with raf. For ex my brother had an account that he rafed himself and he was leveling by himself,but he also rafed me 1 account that it was linked to mine. So we would level togheter with heirloom and raf xp. (btw having alot of fun and leveling flew by ) we were leveling alts for having mount runners and doing loremaster.
So many silly armchair developers.
Wow has become so huge that something unintended may possibly break with such a major change as a squish. And then you have to test other changes to fix it that it doesnt break something else.

Tested the hotfix in both Outland and Northrend at levels 60 and 70 respectively and despite the claimed +-24% HP reduction the HP stays the same and YES I am taking into consideration the possibility that it is not shown correctly, however the rotation I need to execute on my Warlock to kill a normal quest mob was prior to this hotfix: Immolate, Conflagrate, Chaos Bolt, 3x Inc., possibly another Confla. It remains the same AFTER the hotfix. Same issue with my Paladin questing through Outland currently, but the overall damage did, indeed, get better. I think the HP reduction should be 50% flat for all mobs not "up to" 24% as prior to 8.0 a single Chaos bolt and Incirnerate was enough to two-shot a simple quest mob. Conclusion: No noticeable changes regarding health and the leveling experience nowhere near the previous state of things.

Just to be certain. Blizzard do realise this is a temporary meassure right? Because the problem is a lot worse in WoD and 80-90 than it is in other places like 15-60. So a blanket nerf doesn't make sense long term and mob health still isn't nowhere near 7.3.5