Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 59 60 61 146 Next
lvl 60-80 dont change mob hp and dmg? i dont see change...
done a few runs on my 65 war. Still absolutely rediculous, with healers struggling like hell to keep the squad up. Still taking forever to clear stuff. Absolute joke..
28/07/2018 10:43Posted by Iroha
¨

You didnt read all of the blue post:

Until a subsequent fix (targeted for next week) to update clients with the new data, unit frames may not reflect the change in creature health
28/07/2018 10:50Posted by Lucaan
28/07/2018 10:43Posted by Iroha
¨

You didnt read all of the blue post:

Until a subsequent fix (targeted for next week) to update clients with the new data, unit frames may not reflect the change in creature health

It does not show but the change is supposed to be there, despite the lack of visual confirmation, however the amount of spells required to kill an enemy is still the same, at least in the 60-80 bracket I tested myself, it is. It says they fixed it up to 24% which means some mobs possibly only got a 1% reduction. No idea. It's still as bad as before.
The post says the combat should feel faster, however the only difference I noticed was the damage reduction. Enemies still take the same time to kill as before.
28/07/2018 05:07Posted by Watcher
We've just applied a hotfix that reduces the damage dealt by creatures between level 1 and 100 by up to 16%, and their health by up to 24%. Until a subsequent fix (targeted for next week) to update clients with the new data, unit frames may not reflect the change in creature health, but combat should be faster and a bit less lethal across the board while leveling.

Thank you for your patience - we'll continue to monitor both logs and feedback closely, and will make further tweaks if needed.

Well done blizzard, only took over 1000 posts and a week since prepatch for this to be fixed. Great.
28/07/2018 11:05Posted by Jamaicanfury
Well done blizzard, only took over 1000 posts and a week since prepatch for this to be fixed. Great.

2500, considering the US forums are in the same uproar as we are.

Except nothing is fixed. They need to nerf health/damage by much more than 16-24%, by 50% at very least... And buff EXP rewards from all sources by 50% as well.
7.3.5/8.0.1 nerfs ruined leveling and they should fix it. We are far from done yet.
Keep pushing!

#makelevelingfastagain
Wait.. that's the first time in 15+ years that I see the Lead Game Designer and a Community Manager on EU forums .. in one thread.

Christmas already?
We've just applied a hotfix that reduces the damage dealt by creatures between level 1 and 100 by up to 16%, and their health by up to 24%. Until a subsequent fix (targeted for next week) to update clients with the new data, unit frames may not reflect the change in creature health, but combat should be faster and a bit less lethal across the board while leveling.

Thank you for your patience - we'll continue to monitor both logs and feedback closely, and will make further tweaks if needed.

Does this affect named mobs, such as rares or quest targets?

If too much damage output would skip a phase or two or prevent the mob from casting major spells, it would break the game for me.

You think they were just sat there waiting & laughing at the player base?
These things take time to locate & fix.
28/07/2018 11:23Posted by Aylmeric

No... but they could at least communicate with us. It took several hundred posts and only 800 ish posts did they begin to even respond.
60-80 still needs improvement
The forums is full of unconstructive toxicity and whining. Of course they are not going to respond until they have something concrete to announce.
28/07/2018 11:23Posted by Aylmeric

All they have done is give a blanket nerf to all mobs from 15-100, I doubt that would have taken very long to implement, and it clearly doesn't fix the problem. 80-100 mobs still have a disproportionate amount of health compared to everything else.
anyway i like this leveling system right now. .it is same as legion now.
You are starting be absolutely ridiculous.
gonna try 40s in a few hours. Last night a dire maul run was awfully slow and hard. It all startrd past lvl 30. Hell a boss in lvl 40 instance has more HP than a legion elite mob...

But I know first hand with this void elf that 90 plus is tuned ok.
Northrend mobs now dying much quicker on my 67 toon, thanks :)
I hope they restrain balancing so that it at least feels like 7.3.5 then.
Because when 7.3.5 hit there were a bunch of whining over that fix, which was embarrasing as the gameplay of leveling pre 7.3.5 was B R O K E N !
And I suspect the same whiners have been spamming this thread for days.

I do of course agree that 1-shot buggy abilities should be fixed. I am just afraid of it looking anything like pre-7.3.5
little faster now kill mobs but we need more exp rewards..