Leveling nerfed AGAIN in 8.0

General
Prev 1 72 73 74 146 Next
Currently leveling a frost mage, my rotation in the 20s is as follows:

6x Frost Bolts, repeat if target still alive.

And yes, standard non-elite mobs take 6-7 frost bolts to kill. Can tell I'm learning a lot about how to play by spending 30 minutes per quest spamming 1 spell.
29/07/2018 17:50Posted by Winterchillz

And yes, standard non-elite mobs take 6-7 frost bolts to kill. Can tell I'm learning a lot about how to play by spending 30 minutes per quest spamming 1 spell.

I tried leveling a frost mage, quit at 102 out of pure boredom and RNG frustration.
That's why long time ago I've posted the idea of awarding players with alts in form formula : each 10th level on account you get something minor (doesn't affect pvp or pve content).
For instance 110 @ 12 toons provies :
12 * 10 = 120 microbuffs

It can be :
- extra mail per 1 min (50 -> 51 / minute etc.)
- 0.x - 1.0% xp buff per microbuff
- better mog drops (if you're let's say cloth - you've got x * microbuffs amount to get actually cloth token or item)
etc. etc.
Thay still didnt fix those ''split xp from dung to party bug''.

Xp from random pvp bg are nice, maybe Blizzard will nerf that soon :) but i dont like PvP :)

Have few lvl more on this ''random dung with 10+ boss which give 50% xp for 1 lvl in 1hour run'' so i will look on TBC dung than. No chance that i will do WoLK at this moment.

Be glad man, atleast you know how to play frost mage now :) You never would've learned that if you had to cast frostbolt only twice.
29/07/2018 17:53Posted by Tikily
Thay still didnt fix those ''split xp from dung to party bug''.

Xp from random pvp bg are nice, maybe Blizzard will nerf that soon :) but i dont like PvP :)

Have few lvl more on this ''random dung with 10+ boss which give 50% xp for 1 lvl in 1hour run'' so i will look on TBC dung than. No chance that i will do WoLK at this moment.

no EXP FROM RANDOM BG IS NOT NICE, bk in the day it used to be 1 lvl + from AV weekend.
29/07/2018 17:52Posted by Lynnae

I tried leveling a frost mage, quit at 102 out of pure boredom and RNG frustration.

If you're at 102, you can at least finish it easily by invasions. I feel like dying about now. :(

29/07/2018 17:57Posted by Sky

Be glad man, atleast you know how to play frost mage now :) You never would've learned that if you had to cast frostbolt only twice.

I know, it's an amazing experience and I feel a great sense of pride and accomplishment.

Although I might see a doc since my finger is aching.
29/07/2018 18:08Posted by Winterchillz
I know, it's an amazing experience and I feel a great sense of pride and accomplishment.

Let me tell you... Back in my time...
29/07/2018 18:11Posted by Sky
29/07/2018 18:08Posted by Winterchillz

Let me continue your sentence:

back in time WoW wasn't to milk their customers because Activision wants more money.

back in time there were 60 levels and it was a goal you could reach (if you wanted to) quickly but you could also take your time and most of the things did not revolve around "BUY OUR BOOST WE NERF EVERY WAY TO LEVEL QUICKLY EITHER GO THROUGH THIS NIGHTMARE OF SLOW LEVELING OR BUY OUR BOOST BECAUSE WE ONLY WILL MAKE THE LEVELING MORE AND MORE HORRIBLE".
29/07/2018 18:22Posted by Slerk
29/07/2018 18:11Posted by Sky

back in time WoW wasn't to milk their customers because Activision wants more money.

back in time there were 60 levels and it was a goal you could reach (if you wanted to) quickly but you could also take your time and most of the things did not revolve around "BUY OUR BOOST WE NERF EVERY WAY TO LEVEL QUICKLY EITHER GO THROUGH THIS NIGHTMARE OF SLOW LEVELING OR BUY OUR BOOST BECAUSE WE ONLY WILL MAKE THE LEVELING MORE AND MORE HORRIBLE".

o no, we didnt nerf leveling, it is just a bug, we look at that now, will fix soon, like next year in this time, maybe. If y want fast leveling than go and pick some flowers, more xp than kilings mobs, normal or heroic dung,... y can also take mining for even fast leveling. Dont forget pet battle. Catch them all!
Has blizzard removed the XP from bonus objectives in dungeons? Can anyone confirm?
yup they did that and smiled
29/07/2018 17:36Posted by Slerk
29/07/2018 15:19Posted by Zalev
Belive me. I definitly want more skilled community that knows their class rather than altoholics who are masters of nothing.

"More skilled", uh, okay?

WoW has so many classes that play all differently. I don't like the druid restoration gameplay but I like the shaman and priest one. Let's say I wanna try druid now.

Can I? Nope, since leveling will take for me up to 100 hours. That is 4 days. Let's say I have a job. I go there at 8 AM and work until 4 PM. I'm at home on around 5 PM. Food, chores and all of that. 8 PM. Maybe I wanna socialize too. 10 PM. Then I go to bed. At the weekend I have people I go out with and such. So maybe the total amount of hours I spent on WoW in one week is around 5 to 6 hours. On some weeks even less.

It takes around 90 - 100 hours for me to reach 110. Do you see where I am going?

WoW is and always was to be attractive to casual players since that is a good marketing point of view. Be attractive to as many people as possible so they bring money in. Perfect. Do you see the error when leveling takes up to 100 hours but the average person doesn't have that amount of time? You lose money.

What about the older players that have fun in leveling? Nerfed.

What about the average player that just wanted to try out a new class because after 5 years of playing dps he wanted to play a healer? Nerfed.

Blizzard wants to populate the world more. The exact opposite happened due to this stupid pre-patch. MMO's and the market overall has changed. 1 to 60 was cool. 1 - 120 (that's twice the amount of levels) is a boring as hell slog that scares away veterans, new players and potential customers. And that hurts Blizzards business alot. Not even talking about all the bad publicity 8.0 got.

I just don't get that attitude, you expect to get everything you want "I don't like the druid restoration gameplay but I like the shaman and priest one.". You can play Final Fantasy then, man it's WoW. Tbh I wanted to level warlock lately and I was pretty upset about how slow it was going, but well, I never came here to demand faster leveling, it's just dumb.
It's like whenever there is something that challenges you, are you always coming here and begging blizzard to make it easier, faster, instant?
It's just my point of view that leveling should never be as easy as it was, altohlism would never be a topic then.
I really understand you guys but for me, WoW was never about making alts, when my class is doomed, I'm still trying my best no matter how bad it is.

And on the other hand you are crying about having a job n !@#$, you dont have 4 days to level a charcater but you have time to focus on 10 alts, gear them , learn their mechanics. I'm confused.
Almost 2 week since ppl have reported this still not fixed,if you join a normal legion dungeon when levelling and you get a 110 in your group you around 50-80 exp for every mob you kill.

Another thing if you go into a dungeon with an high level character you dont get end of dungeon exp bonus.

almost 2 week cmon blizz
29/07/2018 17:57Posted by Sky

Love this guy, brings a smile to my face after reading the posts of all these slow lvling fanboys, which cause nothing but anxiety and sick feeling in the gut...to think such people even exist.
29/07/2018 18:51Posted by Zalev

I just don't get that attitude, you expect to get everything you want "I don't like the druid restoration gameplay but I like the shaman and priest one.". You can play Final Fantasy then, man it's WoW. Tbh I wanted to level warlock lately and I was pretty upset about how slow it was going, but well, I never came here to demand faster leveling, it's just dumb.
It's like whenever there is something that challenges you, are you always coming here and begging blizzard to make it easier, faster, instant?
It's just my point of view that leveling should never be as easy as it was, altohlism would never be a topic then.
I really understand you guys but for me, WoW was never about making alts, when my class is doomed, I'm still trying my best no matter how bad it is.

Your opinion. There is no challenge in the leveling, it's only a boring drag. Read this topic and then you might understand. If you don't have anything to complain then cool. But for many others the leveling is boring and we want it quicker. And that pet battles and collecting makes you quicker level up than spending 50 minutes in a dungeon or questing should give you an implication that things are going wrong.

"Yea, play a different game if you don't like how boring leveling is!" -> Yes, that's essentially what is happening right now with alot of people. People go to other games, cancel their sub and so forth. Is that good for Blizzard? Hell no. I am talking of a money perspective here. They basically shot themself in the foot with this after the success of Legion. Personally speaking I wanted to buy BfA and thought I might. Then the pre-patch hit and no thank you. Can imagine I am not alone that went from "Blizzard is just trying to fix the level experience, good good!" to "Okay, now it is painful obvious that Blizzard wants to sell their leveling boost". And it saddens me.

29/07/2018 18:53Posted by Toiren
Almost 2 week since ppl have reported this still not fixed,if you join a normal legion dungeon when levelling and you get a 110 in your group you around 50-80 exp for every mob you kill.

Another thing if you go into a dungeon with an high level character you dont get end of dungeon exp bonus.

almost 2 week cmon blizz

Next week things will get patched. When next week? Who knows. Will stuff be fixed by then? Who knows. We can only wait and hope for the best. It's not like it took 2 weeks, endless complain threads, endless complain threads on reddit, alot of bad publicity and a thread (this one here) with over 1400 replies (still growing) for them to apply a little small change.

29/07/2018 18:34Posted by Tikily

o no, we didnt nerf leveling, it is just a bug, we look at that now, will fix soon, like next year in this time, maybe. If y want fast leveling than go and pick some flowers, more xp than kilings mobs, normal or heroic dung,... y can also take mining for even fast leveling. Dont forget pet battle. Catch them all!

Yea, opsi. Blizzard coincidentally made this patch in the time when there isn't any content. On accident also in the time when people want to level their chars for BfA. Better queue for BG's while picking up flowers and mining! Because everything else is just a slow drag haha! Blizzard broke a very important aspect of a core element of a MMO. Opsi. Better use professions and pet battles now. That's the WoW experience in 2018 if you wish to level. I don't know anymore man.

I never came here to demand faster leveling, it's just dumb.

That's the point. It's not a challenge, it's just BORING.

This message is the crystalline example that you had never and never will be a hardcore raider. Period.
29/07/2018 18:34Posted by Tikily
29/07/2018 18:22Posted by Slerk

reminds me of hs team nerfing tess greymane and trying to pass it of as a bug fix when they themselfs prior had confirmed her current working before their 'bug fix" was how she was intended. it did get revereted but only afetr huge outcry.
Anyway I fear people are misunderstanding us.

We are not imperatively commanding to Blizzard's team to develop the game WE want. We are just aggressively warning them that if this is the state of the game, they will lose players.
They lose money, we lose our favourite MMO. No one wins here.
guys hows exp at 80+ ? better than 60-80 bracekt per Q ?