Legendary Items in BfA Pre-Patch

General
With the Battle for Azeroth pre-patch, you’ll notice that the vendor who sold tokens that granted a random Legion Legendary item will now allow you to purchase specific Legion Legendaries relevant to your specialization. These are sold for the same cost that the token was sold for previously.

Battle for Azeroth is just around the corner, so we wanted to take this opportunity to allow players who are trying to complete their Legendary collections a more straightforward way to do so, as well as give or new or returning players a way to pick up some strong items to prepare for leveling.

These items can be purchased from Arcanomancer Vridiel in Dalaran for 1000 Wakening Essence. To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!
It's the sad the best quality of life change (considering you're not altering cost) of legendaries comes when they're almost redundant
Will this persist beyond the launch of BFA or is it only for the prepatch period ?
Too bad they can't be used to get the Mage Tower skins
Good change.
Will help people get some of their alt mage towers done just in time.
For example, I have no blood legs and dont even play tank, this could help.

But yeah, this should have happened about a month ago, at least.
13/07/2018 21:16Posted by Lore
To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead.

Would legendary follower equipment that grants a chance of AP also have a chance at extra essence?
Will this also allow us to buy the BoA tokens for other classes?
13/07/2018 21:31Posted by Ixenn
Will help people get some of their alt mage towers done just in time.

Nope. Mage tower will be gone with the pre-patch.
That's a really cool little change, mostly because it'll now be a lot more feasible to get specific legendaries for transmogging once Legion is over!
Cool. I'll be a busy bee next week :P
13/07/2018 21:43Posted by Broxigal
Will this also allow us to buy the BoA tokens for other classes?

very interesting question for those who are not returning because they never leaved , and thus are full legendary's for their respective class ! (as i do)
Some Questions:
- Will class specific BoA Tokens be purchasable with Wakening Essences?
- Will we still have to unlock Class Order Research in order to wear 2 Legendaries on new 100+ characters?
- Will the Legendaries work on Legion content, or even with older content (e.g. soloing a Draenor Raid), if the character is above Level 115?
This is sooo stupid. Why give legendaries away for almost no effort when there is really nothing to do anymore where u need legendaries like in the mage tower. If they would have done this two weeks ago it would be great but not in pre patch, just useless.
Would you guys re-consider to implement this change now, rather than after pre-patch. Even those few days before pre-patch would make huge difference for people trying to get Mage Tower. Thanks
please also remove the cap on how many legendaries we can equip past 110. we can only use them for 5 levels at full power might aswell make them count
Would you be able to buy Aman'Thul's Vision as well?
many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead. Enjoy!

Will this only apply to newly accuired AP items or can we start hording these now to get WE for them?
13/07/2018 21:40Posted by Fennec
To help with this, many sources of Artifact Power will now grant Wakening Essences instead.

Would legendary follower equipment that grants a chance of AP also have a chance at extra essence?

Would be nice but I doubt it.

14/07/2018 01:51Posted by Pizant

Will this only apply to newly accuired AP items or can we start hording these now to get WE for them?

It'll not change the items but rewards of WQs the moment they are generated so feel free to vendor those tokens.
I just tested this in the beta.

I found that legendaries no longer are unique and can be destroyed.
I like that, it means that they can be put into void storage.
These also should be sellable, and not for a few coppers.

That means however that we can purchase any legendary from the vendor for our class, even those that we already have.
So be careful! At least you can refund them.

However, the random token is gone, so we can no longer purchase legendaries
for other chars. That really is a bad change.
But since the legendaries are no longer unique that would be not generating a random class token that is bound-on account but one that you already have.

Adding the class specific bound-to-account tokens to the vendor would have been a nice touch.