It was the most fun I've had in WoW in years!

General
War Mode is AWESOME. Thank you Blizzard! <3
It really is amazing. We did the BRH arena yesterday afternoon, and the Horde/Alliance players that spawned at the GY didn't even wait to get inside the pit to keep fighting. No-one complains, people are talking in general chat about there being a dangerous player over there, we team up to kill him/her, stuff like that.

Enjoying it a lot so far - Just don't attack a discipline priest >.<
it is fun indeed I'm leveling in Val'Sharah on a Horde realm and quite a lot of alliance confront me now.
I'm happy to hear you guys have been having a great time in War Mode!

Whether you chose to be an Assassin or a Bounty Hunter, if you're going into War Mode don't forget to bring a towel.
19/07/2018 07:52Posted by Sorakleon
Whether you chose to be an Assassin or a Bounty Hunter, if you're going into War Mode don't forget to bring a towel.

Don't panic!
Agreed it's honestly a ton been a load of fun, always loved the pvp aspect of wow and finally feel like an expansion that has a focus on it <3
Kinda funny with all this "war mode".

PvP player figure out how it is to play on a PvE server and they love it.

PvE player figure out how it is to play on a PvP server and they love it.

Seems like a lot of ppl picked the wrong server, or was sadly forced to pick wrong server to play with friends / guildies.

So, all in all, this seems to have been a welcoming thing for a lot (outside gankers).
19/07/2018 08:01Posted by Assassia

Seems like a lot of ppl picked the wrong server, or was sadly forced to pick wrong server to play with friends / guildies.

So, all in all, this seems to have been a welcoming thing for a lot (outside gankers).

For me, it was a case of playing on a PvP server for 10 years (which was the right choice for me), but having to move to a PvE server for dungeon/raiding needs.

Now, with War Mode, I can have both - PLUS it comes with the added benefit of not being subject to realm imbalances.

If gankers are the only ones affected by this, I'm sure we can call it a success. Those who play with it on are enjoying it, and those who are playing with it off are enjoying it too. It's a win/win.

Yeah, I think it's the choice to do whatever you wish! I picked a PvP realm in the beginning, and regretted it a lot when I only wanted to quest. Now I'm free to just chill and kill old world bosses without always needing to glance over my shoulder!

How have you guys found Warmode? I've yet to set my foot there. Will be fun to see what it's like, too!

or maybe people have fun again because tanks arent immortal anymore and random oneshotting stopped?
19/07/2018 07:52Posted by Sorakleon
Whether you chose to be an Assassin or a Bounty Hunter

Why not both :P?

This. My friends always wanted to play on PvP servers so left me no choice.
The reason i liked PvP servers back in vanilla was because you could kill 50% of the chinese farmers that was everywhere ruining your farming.

I never had any interest in what Wpvp became after vanilla. Back then it was fun on many levels. Today (pre patch) it is just someone (usualy more than one) attacking you when you are on sub 50% life, have 5 mobs on you, just landed from a taxi or just zoned in. ANd when they started to lose they just phased away to another CRZ.

Now i dont have to deal with any of that, feels great. Sadly the game just became a lot more boring (because of other reasons) so no point in loging in at all anymore.
The only thing i missing is an command to join specific shard like other games with the same system have, for example /joinmap <random ID numbers>

Was testing it yesterday and there were so many complications when it comes to createing pvp raids (raids on both sides) really hope they do something about it.

Overall i love the new system if for nothing else my alts which i barely know how to play wont be ganked anymore.
I saw on one of streams yesterday this.

"Just like old times"

And tbh, war mode bring that nostalgia.
shame that pvp is bad atm
19/07/2018 08:27Posted by Arysea
The only thing i missing is an command to join specific shard like other games with the same system have, for example /joinmap <random ID numbers>

Was testing it yesterday and there were so many complications when it comes to createing pvp raids (raids on both sides) really hope they do something about it.

[/quote]

I hope they go the GW2 rote with the sharding.One of the things the mega server has there is what you just described.Would be awesome to have it in War mode