Huge FPS drops since last patch

Technical Support
Since the latest patch my fps seems to drop from 80 to 17 ish on random intervals.

link to dxdiag: https://pastebin.com/bzKDAiY2

Updated graphical drivers,
switch settings in wow still no fix
I have same issue too, all drivers updated. I've tried lowering settings but it hasn't made any difference.
I have the same issue. I have stable 100 usually, (cap set to 100) and for example i clicked on complete quest, and i see my fps drops to 15.. After that it seem to happening at random moments. Im using i5-8400 and rx480.

Btw I had to update to the latest video card drivers, which also sad to be optimal, but not the recommended. Im guessing that could also have issues?

Anyway its really worsen the experience of game play to have visible 2 second lag-spikes every 5-10 minutes
What Dx version are you using 11 or 12 (setting - advanced - direct xoption)
I have used the DX11 and DX12, same problems

Thondrax in Val sharah casts shadow wreath, that spell alone caused major fps issues
do not waste your time EVERYONE have same problem game is anything but not enjoyable
Same problem here, Fps drops to 15 at random intervals. Everything is updated
I've noticed the outside areas in nighthold are bad for me. 120 fps inside, but outside (by botanist) it drops to 30.
Its because fullscreen has been removed. WIndowed mode messes things up
I play always with Windowed and never had problems until now. All drivers updated and using DX11 cuz Nvidia
Okay, I'm getting this too with 8.0.1. My FPS is fine when I'm in town or messing around on target dummies. Though when I set out to get world quests, every other mob I got into combat with would have my FPS tank down to a slideshow.
Huge FPS drops as well. Using DX11 and DX12 makes no difference.
Everything was fine and smooth yesterday before pre-patch.
Using Nvidea Gtx 1070 Ti, Intel I9 7900x and 16 gig Ram.

Same Problem here. As I finishes a Raremob with friends I had 130 FPS and as the Rare started to cast 30 Fps. I play with Dx11.
All have same issues as u guys, looks like blizzard dont care anymore about what they doing.
I have issues when visiting a transmogger. I drop to seriously 1 frame when ever the transmog window is open. I have to lurk my way out fo there and run away. When the window eventually closes it instantly works again. I have a 1070ti, i7 7700k and 16gb of ram. I tried to repair game files, disable all addons and turn down my graphics to 1 and it still doesn't work.
Same problem here, even went out and bought a new gfx card today as I hoped that would solve the problem.

I have the lags EVERYWHERE and ALL the time so the game is unplayable for me.
The problem of not having Fullscreen really showing now, i hope blizz finally realizes their mistake and revert it back.
Disable your addons, probably one of them giving the trouble. Worked for me.
There might be a multitude of causes that can be linked with your FPS loss.

First, try to check your GPU control panel and see if you can turn off/change some options so you can get more FPS this way. A few examples might be to set the power setting options to "prefer maximum performance", or, instead, to change your PhysX settings to CPU, instead of GPU, etcetera.
Try to modify a few settings to your liking.

Apart from what I stated above, other usually useful things are to cap WoW framerate, activate VSync (I personally don't really like it, but to each their own) and if you did activate VSync, I suggest you to activate triple buffering too, from your GPU's control panel.

Other than that, you might want to scale down a few WoW graphics settings, especially Antialiasing - it has a huge impact on performance on some systems - and you could probably try to lower the visual distance of trees and grass in general. In most cases, having it higher than 7 can be impactful on FPS.

Last two, but not least, I suggest to check your PC: try to optimize by closing down processes, disabling Xbox DVR, disabling NVIDIA streamer service (if you have an NVIDIA card, that is), y'know, the usual.
And finally if you still have problems check the hardware components, they might be faulty in rare cases.

I don't have any problems on my system.
If you want I can give you my specs but it's pointless to type those if no one wants to read them. :)

19/07/2018 15:33Posted by Roxán
I have issues when visiting a transmogger. I drop to seriously 1 frame when ever the transmog window is open. I have to lurk my way out fo there and run away. When the window eventually closes it instantly works again. I have a 1070ti, i7 7700k and 16gb of ram. I tried to repair game files, disable all addons and turn down my graphics to 1 and it still doesn't work.

I had the same problem. I resolved it by disabling MogIt and just the addons that were out of date.

Can you tell me which addons do you have installed? Might be able to find a culprit that way, by searching every addon's version manually.