Blizzard confirmed no changes to race unlock requirements #2

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 16 Next
Rep grinding sucks.
as one of those that came back to the game after an absence of 18 months the grind is rather horrid luckily I was still in Legion now if I came back a month into BfA I think I'd be horrified at going back to do rep immediately so I could get a new blue/purple elf and lose 3 weeks of my time before I could play one.

(yes if you have all the time in the world or at least the average amount of work hours and not 84 hour shift rotation such as myself you could do it quicker)

I still think the best way around it is for Blizzard to increase drop rates for Rep Tokens to rares in Legion to help catch up. (alliance side completely needs help)
20/07/2018 11:49Posted by Avourél
as one of those that came back to the game after an absence of 18 months the grind is rather horrid luckily I was still in Legion now if I came back a month into BfA I think I'd be horrified at going back to do rep immediately so I could get a new blue/purple elf and lose 3 weeks of my time before I could play one.

(yes if you have all the time in the world or at least the average amount of work hours and not 84 hour shift rotation such as myself you could do it quicker)

I still think the best way around it is for Blizzard to increase drop rates for Rep Tokens to rares in Legion to help catch up. (alliance side completely needs help)

nobody forces anyone to farm anything.
when they released allied races everyone else also had to farm, nothing was immediately unlocked.
I work full time and finished the rep grind in like 2 weeks. Time is no excuse here.
there is multiple stuff that requires going back to older content. Is it that difficult to accept that just because you people are so eager to play them and don't want to put up any work for them? The story requires us to "befriend" them first, so do that and stop crying.
20/07/2018 11:59Posted by Skylóel
Is it that difficult to accept that just because you people are so eager to play them and don't want to put up any work for them?

shouldn't cast us all with the same Tar Brush I'm 3 out of 4 races so I've done the work My complaints lie with Argus Reputation grinds.

So get off that high horse of yours smh....

I genuinely think it is abyssmal compared to rep grimding WoD I could just farm Sabertooth creatures for rep per creature rather than relying on 82 points a WQ or several days waiting for an AR Emissary.
20/07/2018 12:05Posted by Avourél
20/07/2018 11:59Posted by Skylóel
Is it that difficult to accept that just because you people are so eager to play them and don't want to put up any work for them?

shouldn't cast us all with the same Tar Brush I'm 3 out of 4 races so I've done the work My complaints lie with Argus Reputation grinds.

So get off that high horse of yours smh....

I genuinely think it is abyssmal compared to rep grimding WoD I could just farm Sabertooth creatures for rep per creature rather than relying on 82 points a WQ or several days waiting for an AR Emissary.

well if you did it already then you are at least not one of those crying people that are just too lazy even right now.

that is how legion worked, rep came mostly through WQ and both factions are legion content. again, it's not like it takes months. It takes maybe 2 weeks and some days lol. abyssmal is the outrage people have over this.
How many confirmations will y'all need before actually working on your rep requirements?
I wasn't even grinding for it and unlocked the lot just by playing throughout the expansion, except for the Insurrection quest line that I somehow managed to miss (but I did that over the course of a couple of days).

However, for players that are new, then this could be a bit of a problem. Down the line they should look at removing the requirements. Perhaps halfway through BfA or something.
we are lucky that Blizzard doesnt listen to all of these cry babies...
The grind to unlock some of the Allied Races is tedious, yes. Was it necessarily a great idea to gate Battle for Azeroth content behind Legion content? Probably, in the grand scheme of things, not. It's going to be pretty disheartening for a player who came into BfA wanting to play one of the Allied Races to find out that they're going to have to play other content in order to start their new AR character, particularly if it's a grindfest like the Army of the Light and the Argussian Reach.

Did I enjoy grinding several weeks worth of world quests to unlock the void elves? Absolutely not. Did I have an insane sense of fulfilment at the end of the grind? Absolutely. That's what it's meant to be: an achievement. It's a reward for the work that you put in to unlock them. A lot of players are used to not really having to do a lot of work for their rewards (the command table, for instance) and therefore are put off by the prospect of grinding in order to unlock the Allied Races. It is an MMO, though, and in comparison to something like Warframe, the grind for Allied Races is minute.

It's something that could've been handled better than it was but it encourages gameplay, and that's not always a bad thing.
I can't believe people are actually defending locking new races behind an outdated pre-expansion time-gated rep grind.

People bought a new expansion, isn't that enough?

We didn't have to grind for Blood elves, for Pandas or for Goblins.

Then, why suddenly now.. Do we have to grind for new races? Oh, did I say new races? I mean a grind for what is essentially just a RE-SKIN!!

''BUT I HAD TO GRIND, SO NOW EVERYONE ELSE DOES WOMP WOMP''

''EVERYONE KNEW THE REP GRINDS WOULD BE THERE, SO THEY COULD HAVE JUST STARTED A LONG TIME AGO, WOMP WOMP''

Well tell you what, the rep grinds should NEVER have been there in the first place. Maybe they could have been there as a sort of early reward before the expansion, where the rep required would be removed once BFA hits, but that's it.

Even for white knight Blizzard fan boys these arguments have hit a new low. But then again, as someone who has played since WoW stress test, the arguments of Blizzard fan boys never cease to amaze me.

And yes, I do have exalted with every Legion reputation.
Even for white knight Blizzard fan boys these arguments have hit a new low. But then again, as someone who has played since WoW stress test, the arguments of Blizzard fan boys never cease to amaze me. [/b]

Give me all the factions from all previous expansions to EXALTED cause I bought BFA. I would really love to have all the mounts and all the toys and all the transmogs and all the faction rewards but I don't have time to grind BC/WOTLK/CATA/MOP/WOD/LEGION reputations to get them.

Get it now?
20/07/2018 13:36Posted by Dudas
Even for white knight Blizzard fan boys these arguments have hit a new low. But then again, as someone who has played since WoW stress test, the arguments of Blizzard fan boys never cease to amaze me. [/b]

Give me all the factions from all previous expansions to EXALTED cause I bought BFA. I would really love to have all the mounts and all the toys and all the transmogs and all the faction rewards but I don't have time to grind BC/WOTLK/CATA/MOP/WOD/LEGION reputations to get them.

Get it now?

This is spurious reasoning and a terrible straw man argument. But what to expect from White Knights™?

Access to races or classes in WoW released with new expansions has never been something to be gated behind a reputation grind. You pay for an expansion, you get access to new classes and races.

The entire argument is whether the new allied races should even have been behind a reputation grind in the first place (they should not).

What makes this even worse, it that the content of the NEW expansion (BFA), depends on work being done in a PREVIOUS expansion (legion). How anyone can not see that this is absurd is beyond me.

Get it now?
19/07/2018 18:08Posted by Thedice
Reporting you for spamming. Take care :)
20/07/2018 13:41Posted by Krishean

What makes this even worse, it that the content of the NEW expansion, depends on work being done in a PREVIOUS expansion. How anyone can not see that this is absurd is beyond me.

Get it now?

What I don't have to do OLD content from OLD expansions to get OLD rewards? KAPPA

Try harder. Allied races are content. Mounts are content. You want them do what is required to obtain them. Play the game and take a hike.
20/07/2018 13:41Posted by Krishean
The entire argument is whether the new allied races should even have been behind a reputation grind in the first place (they should not).

They allied races, not races. Allied races need to be "Allied" before they can be played ... how is this not sinking in yet?

What makes this even worse, it that the content of the NEW expansion, depends on work being done in a PREVIOUS expansion. How anyone can not see that this is absurd is beyond me.

Get it now?

I'd be more annoyed if the Legion races were locked behind a BfA rep grind.

Locking it behind a Legion rep grind meant that players who PUT IN THE EFFORT could play those 4 races from the get go. The rest (currently) are locked behind a BfA rep grind.
20/07/2018 13:26Posted by Krishean
We didn't have to grind for Blood elves, for Pandas or for Goblins.

thats why they are called allied races and not just races.
nice try tho...
Races, NOT allied races. These are 2 diff things. They are like rep mount. Not mandatory. You are lazy and dont want to farm your reputation with HM tauren? Play tauren.
I don't think the rep requirement should be removed, but I do think that it should be dropped to revered. I do not, in any way, enjoy grinding repeat quests, over and over to unlock what was advertised as a pre-purchase bonus. I feel that Pre-purchase bonuses should not be time gated as severely as the allied races are, and to keep that once the expansion moves into legacy content makes even less sense.

I completely agree that allied races should be earned, but I feel that completing the quest chains and gaining revered should be enough. It's clear Blizzard chose to do this to maximise their subscription earnings end expansion. It shows a real move to cash grabbing that saddens me.
20/07/2018 14:11Posted by Masume
what was advertised as a pre-purchase bonus.

The pre-purchase bonus was the ability to unlock the allied races earlier, not the allied races themselves.