Necromancer Class

General
17/07/2018 19:45Posted by Kranken

While that would be awesome to get an additional specc some just doesn't work. To have a class that already have 3 ranged dps speccs get a 4th dps specc would not make sense imo. A pure dps class should in that case get a tank or healer specc to allow them to fill another role. And to give everyone 4 speccs would mean they have to create 12 new unique speccs instead of the 2-3 that is needed for a new class would be way too much work.

Not if they would implement them after in stages like they are doing with allied races. Ofcourse they are not gonna add them all at once.
They could've already made 2-3 more specs if they didn't waste time on Garrisons and selfie cam in wod. Maybe even span them over 2 expansions if need be. Nobody uses garbage garrisons anymore and selfie cams are pointless. At least new specs add core gameplay flavour to the game.
17/07/2018 14:02Posted by Snagrim
Given how necromancer works in Guild Wars 2 it seems to be exactly like what the warlock is except your pet is a corpse instead of a demon. Just add glyphs that turn the pets into undead things or something. What exactly else could a necromancer do that's different? Even in Guild Wars 2 the necro puts marks on the floor much like death and decay. So waht can it offer that isn't a warlock or a DK?

Summoning Bone/Flesh Golem? Bone traps? Ghostly Weapons? Inflict more disease? Turn Buffs in to the debuffs and debuffs in to buffs? Use it's own minions as fuel to empower themselves, party and even spells? Like making even more powerful minions using existing minions? Using blood magic to heal?

Do you want me to continue?
17/07/2018 20:06Posted by Ixenn
Death Knight.
Yes, yes it is the same.

Warlock covers all the other angles that DK doesn't.
I love the 'darker' classes like lock and DK, hell i'm trying to decide which one to play, but I don't think there is room for a 3rd class.

So you are saying, that I should swap characters every 2 min just to play who I want to play?
18/07/2018 09:38Posted by Srnekro
Death Knight.
Yes, yes it is the same.

I love the 'darker' classes like lock and DK, hell i'm trying to decide which one to play, but I don't think there is room for a 3rd class.

So you are saying, that I should swap characters every 2 min just to play who I want to play?

«Anything that's the "something" of the "something" isn't really the "anything" of "anything"»- Lisa Simpson, The Simpsons, "MoneyBart", S. 22 EP3.
18/07/2018 09:38Posted by Srnekro
Death Knight.
Yes, yes it is the same.

I want to play as flower knight.
Something between paladin and resto druid.

Blizz gimme~
but, necromancers are already here....
you wish to join them?
simply search the forum for a thread thats at least 6 months old and pointless, than write a pointless reply.
profit?
congratulations, now you are a necromancer!
We need more druid variations.
Necromancer

specs

Spirit Binder-healer
Manipulate spirits maybe make them enhance allies shielding or healing them and giving them buffs make them focus around a soul well that gives them souls pariodic
mastery: healing the target for X amount of damaged absorbed from shield over 5 sec so they can build up absorb on a target and heals from shields

Harvester-tank
main ability Corpse rain sends corpses raining down and staying on the ground for 10 sec
using the corpse for shields consume the corpse gaining hp single target dmg could be a channeling carve carving the target gaining flesh which could be used for corpse rain aoe corpse explosion
mastery: consuming a corpse gives X % leech

Necrology-dps
Summoning Skeletal minions no casting accept summoning giving them a commander of an army feel maybe make minions expiring leave a pile of bone for 20 sec and a 45 sec cd spell that contructs a bone construct which dmg and hp is increased for each pile up to a certain amount for 15 sec
Mastery: increase the dmg and time of bone construct making mastery a attractive stat but still making crit and haste competetive

this is my idea and it dont conflict with unholy DK or any other class it makes the class unique and brings something new

i know alot will rage but read it through
Nice necro of a necro thread
Have you guys heard the news of the new upcoming Tinkerer Class?
Hello Llithirym,

please do not pull up old Topics from the depths of the forum. This topic is now locked.

Best Regards