The New Prestige Grind is Stupid

General
Figured I'd copy my topic here because it's not specifically about Battlegrounds.

---

I worked out earlier today how long it'll take me to get back to where I was in Legion's Prestige system--the Tactician title--so that I can start earning new rewards.

I was earning a full rank every three to four weeks. That will now take about a week.

That means that the remaining 141 ranks will take me the better part of three years BEFORE I CAN START UNLOCKING NEW REWARDS.
Yaay! Not the progression we need, but I guess the progression we deserve for letting them do so many bad things to PvP :)
I guess this is the pound of flesh Blizzard takes for making things account-wide these days; making it so that if we want to be able to do something on any character, they change it so that we'd have to do it on EVERY character to get anywhere.
Frankly it's this sort of poorly thought out, lazy decision by Blizzard which puts me off doing PvP. It was supposed to be a better system when they introduced it in Legion, but like so many things it subsequently turned into a boring grind.

Why they couldn't have left legion prestige as a separate system and worked on something different for BFA I don't know.
You do something because you enjoy the journey.

If you're one of those completionists that hates pvp and just sees you have to get to honour level "x" then lol at you.

It's a grind when you turn it into one.
However, since the maximum reward is pretty much impossible to obtain without no-lifing PVP the whole extension, I don't think it will stay like this after BFA launch.

I'm not saying they are going to reduce the amount.

I'm thinking about some BFA specific content that will grant you a pretty hight amount of honor. This honor being the incentive they will use to drive people into this future feature.
@ Dejarous
I never understood why most of your posts are negative...I am 127 honor level (was prestige 25 with the old system), how can I enjoy farming around 180 honor levels which by the way its 8,800 honor per honor level (44000 honor was a whole prestige) and until honor level 300 I will earn rewards I already have with the old system? This new system is really bad and makes have 0 interest to do an even worse honor grind and having 0 reward for a long time.
I do PvP for entertainment not for honor level.
I know I'm not hit as bad as some of you guys here, but when the next reward (@ lvl 70) is the same mount I already received before is very off-putting.
21/07/2018 22:46Posted by Gim
@ Dejarous
I never understood why most of your posts are negative...I am 127 honor level (was prestige 25 with the old system), how can I enjoy farming around 180 honor levels which by the way its 8,800 honor per honor level (44000 honor was a whole prestige) and until honor level 300 I will earn rewards I already have with the old system? This new system is really bad and makes have 0 interest to do an even worse honor grind and having 0 reward for a long time.

Why is me disagreeing with you "negative"?
21/07/2018 18:00Posted by Blayzereborn
That means that the remaining 141 ranks will take me the better part of three years

It's tuned for level 120. I'm pretty sure that 120 will give more honor. Also bear in mind the expansion is likely to last about two years.
21/07/2018 23:44Posted by Someoneelse
21/07/2018 18:00Posted by Blayzereborn
That means that the remaining 141 ranks will take me the better part of three years

It's tuned for level 120. I'm pretty sure that 120 will give more honor. Also bear in mind the expansion is likely to last about two years.

Two is less than three. That's three years just to get back to Tactician; there's another four years on top of that just to get all the rewards currently in at launch, because everything takes more ranks the more ranks you have.

Basically, I'm best off stopping now and never touching PvP again.
do rated pvp instead casual
i got to lvl 25 prestige and about 25 honor, so i got last mount, but no title, which i dont mind too much as there was no achiev linked with it.

But after the conversion i was somewhere around lvl 13X honor. that feels quite low considering the conversion. with my alts, most of which were only prestige 1 or 2, i am currently 155. so all legion it took me to get level 155, and there are no new rewards till about 300, it sorta seems pointless. considering i was "top" of legion pvp (prestige wise) it seems so wierd being so low now, when this system is basically a revamped legion system.

i think the conversion should be reconsidered. especially if people were above, lets say, prestige 10.
We still don't know how much honor we'll gain in BFA in other activities so unless you're aiming to reach level 500 as of tomorrow, that's a bit early to complain.
21/07/2018 22:49Posted by Crowzer
I do PvP for entertainment not for honor level.

If I played Horde, I would too.

On topic: I only want the 4th PvP appearance. Before the prepatch, I needed 176k honour from where I was. After the prepatch, I needed 228k. Simultaneously, honor gains have been decreased in various ways (more so for Alliance). Even currently where we have a BG "weekend", honor income is lower than it was before outside of BG "weekends". Starting next week, numbers will be even lower.

This is actually a reason why I may stop playing again, but just one of many. Mostly, I don't think this game is really good for anyone.
22/07/2018 02:43Posted by Kyrenna
We still don't know how much honor we'll gain in BFA in other activities so unless you're aiming to reach level 500 as of tomorrow, that's a bit early to complain.

It's not so much that they tacked on yet more honour levels, it's that the rewards were already available in Legion and they have just pushed them back further. There is nothing new to this system save a few data-mined pets.

I wouldn't put it past the devs to just leave it as it is considering some of the dubious decisions they have made in recent patches.
I don't have 3000+ hours to grind for rewards I already unlocked...
22/07/2018 02:43Posted by Kyrenna

Let me put it this way: Even if we could realistically earn a full 8800 Honour every day, it would still take me 141 days--five months or so--to get back to where I was in the Legion system, AND ONLY THEN would I be able to start working towards unlocking new things.

And the rewards at that point are 100 levels apart... and that's just the stuff in the system at launch. Future rewards are likely to be even further apart.

And remember, that's only if we can realistically earn a full level each and every single day.

I'm done; time to become even more of a casual than I've ended up being these past few expansions.