Do blizzard not listen to the player base?

General
Their problem most the time has been listening to the community who are a bunch of whiney babies.
22/07/2018 01:54Posted by Joebow
Their problem most the time has been listening to the community who are a bunch of whiney babies.

People complain that the content gets old too fast or is not challenging enough. Then when Blizzard do something about, players do a 180 about turn and complain in the opposite direction.

Edit: There are two worlds though, those that spend a lot of time on this forum and those that spend more time actually playing. I've spent years with those that play and not much on this forum. I have yet to hear those same types of complaints in game and the ones I have asked just shrug it off and say: "It's fine, it's not too bad. What issues are they complaining about on the forum then?"
Classic did not take that long to level.

First character took months...
Second character took weeks.

Really not that different from now.
As a reminder- wow is an mmorpg. So leveling is an important part of the genre.

I will never understand those people crying about leveling. If you dont like leveling why you play an mmo? You know at max level ilvl progress is another kind of leveling too.

Besides it is like 50 hours /played time atm for experienced players. And it is fair enough for the best mmorpg experience. Actually i would prefer a longer leveling.
The best Blizzard can do is ignoring the majority of what the playerbase think is best for the game, because the majority of the playerbase just complaint for the sake of complaining...
21/07/2018 23:40Posted by Emowitch
Took me from Sept 5th 2005 to March 7th 2006 to get to max lvl - that’s 6 months

Meanwhile, I was 60 by end of February 2005. It took less than three weeks, and mostly because I did a lot of dungeons as healer.

Anyway, to the OP: I'd pay the 60 euros if I hated leveling and wanted another character (I don't). Also, BFA comes with a free 110 boost.
22/07/2018 02:35Posted by Murr
Took me from Sept 5th 2005 to March 7th 2006 to get to max lvl - that’s 6 months

Meanwhile, I was 60 by end of February 2005. It took less than three weeks, and mostly because I did a lot of dungeons as healer.

Anyway, to the OP: I'd pay the 60 euros if I hated leveling and wanted another character (I don't). Also, BFA comes with a free 110 boost.

Dungeons is a terrible, in-efficient way to level in Classic.
22/07/2018 01:47Posted by Jurgenhan
22/07/2018 00:04Posted by Dottie
I'm not sure what would be worse, them listening or them ignoring player. The former, I think, most players want different things from the game.

At 21 hours a week it should take about 3-4 weeks to get to maximum level. Just in time for BfA to become live and everything to be equal again. Getting to 120 should take a few weeks.

There are players who can actually level toons this quickly. The difference is that they are in WOW 8 to 10 hours a day, possibly longer.

You don't seem to understand, I am talking about a player who has done it before, maybe twice.
22/07/2018 02:20Posted by Vll

How so?

It is maybe in some mmorpg, but WoW isn't one of them.
- you learn almost nothing about your class you couldn't easily learn with 110 now
- your learn almost nothing of the lore
- there is no consistent storytelling
- professions are leveled way easier at 110
- the leveling zones keep you away from contact with other players and you have to be really happy to find one in the whole process

Why exactly do you think leveling in WoW is important?
22/07/2018 04:57Posted by Fyrnenbart
22/07/2018 02:20Posted by Vll

How so?

- you learn almost nothing about your class you couldn't easily learn with 110 now
- the leveling zones keep you away from contact with other players and you have to be really happy to find one in the whole process

And why is it that you learn nothing from your class levelling?

Maybe that’s because Blizzard listened to people whining, gave in to the people who want it all and want it now and dumbed it down for them!

Perfect example were the Cata instances which were bloody brilliant until too many people moaned about them, then they got nerfed to irrelevance.
22/07/2018 05:21Posted by Vercallus
22/07/2018 04:57Posted by Fyrnenbart

How so?

And why is it that you learn nothing from your class levelling?

Maybe that’s because Blizzard listened to people whining, gave in to the people who want it all and want it now and dumbed it down for them!

Perfect example were the Cata instances which were bloody brilliant until too many people moaned about them, then they got nerfed to irrelevance.

I remember the Cata instances at launch. Did we play the same game?

I remember as a holy paladin, my spell cost doubled when I dinged from 82 to 83. I literally couldn't heal the dungeon I was already half way through, Stone Core, because of that. My power increased like 10%, but my spell cost doubled outright. I also remember that as soon as you started getting raid gear, provided your group weren't absolute window lickers, the dungeons were easy.

You’ve got it easy

Deal with it

And this is why Vanilla servers are desperately needed. To send all of you people who hate others having fun there and let us enjoy the game. Lets just remove the collection while we are at it since, "deal with it" is the best counterargument in the world. Also please nerf flying to give only 10% more movememnt speed because "muh immersion n stuff".
21/07/2018 23:59Posted by Leorîo

You’ve got it easy

Deal with it

I don't know how many times it needs to be said that this game is completely different from what Vanilla/TBC was.

Is it? How? Please list them
22/07/2018 05:31Posted by Leafastar

No idea no idea who the hell you are, but the Cata instances at launch were brilliant, in that they needed planning and CC and were in no way a steamroll thru.

Then the whiners got involved and said they were 'too hard' and so Blizzard changed them..

I assume you must have been one of the latter?
22/07/2018 05:55Posted by Edgelorder

You’ve got it easy

Deal with it

And this is why Vanilla servers are desperately needed. To send all of you people who hate others having fun there and let us enjoy the game. Lets just remove the collection while we are at it since, "deal with it" is the best counterargument in the world. Also please nerf flying to give only 10% more movememnt speed because "muh immersion n stuff".

You joke, but 60% flying sucked, badly.
You realise this game would of died off years ago, if Blizzard listened to all the whiners right?
22/07/2018 06:00Posted by Vercallus
22/07/2018 05:31Posted by Leafastar

No idea no idea who the hell you are, but the Cata instances at launch were brilliant, in that they needed planning and CC and were in no way a steamroll thru.

Then the whiners got involved and said they were 'too hard' and so Blizzard changed them..

I assume you must have been one of the latter?

Not at all. But not being able to finish a dungeon because I leveled up was pretty stupid in hindsight.
22/07/2018 01:18Posted by Azazel
The problem is that they do. They listen to the forum and reddit whiners who don't want to earn or learn anything.

Truest post Ive read in a long time.
I am very happy that amoung the developer staff at Blizzard there is a lot of people who has some integrity to stand for what the game should be.

If Blizzard would listen to the playerbase.

You would make a new character at 110. No ability to pick a new class at level 1 (because options = too much complexity).

You would press LFR button and get instantly into the raid with 20 other people. You all would press 2 buttons for 5 seconds and the bosses would roll over. (No trash however).

Each time a boss died you got 5 max ilevel items and 2 legendaries. After the raid you get a title which says you are the best player in the world and a special snowflake (Like everyone else in the game).

After the raid you would go to a forum and ask for more content and that its nothing more to do or why you can't transmog your warrior to look like a princess from a fairytale.

1 week later a new raid would get released and the same process happens again.

Again, I am happy Blizzard are restrained against this. They should be even more.
Yes, if they listened to all of the whinies right? But I’m talking about this specific nerf for levelling. I can see myself levelling alts in the future, however unlike some of you I do not plan on grinding the same boring story over and over. Because let’s face it, it becomes old after the first or second run especially with how dated and spaced out the content is.

Secondly, blizzard has a massive disconnect with the community.
If most of the community doesn’t like it something’s obviously wrong.
Or are they going to cater to the neck beard classic players that do nothing but play wow all day. Those are the types of people who think wow levelling is good now.
In my opinion the health should stay the same to combat people saying it’s easy but XP should be increased. Its really simple.