BFA FOTM PVP

General
Yep, here we are after 13 years of so-called "balance", and yet another WoW expac around the corner with the big question being, which class is best.

And boy oh boy, just like with every expansion, Blizzard never disappoints when it comes to having certain classes shine way brighter than others. This time, the melees are back and with a serious vengeance.

The caster tears are all over the forums, including my own, but hey, just means it's time to adapt and try something new. By that I mean, go for whatever the heck is overpowered at the moment right now, ow yeah! :D After a bit of time, trying out different classes and specs, I believe I have found the ones that stand above all others.

So here are my top 5 picks on the best classes for world pvp and battlegrounds.

1 - Assassination Rogue

Not since the introduction of Death Knights in WOTLK has a class stood so far above all others like rogues do right now, with bleed and poison dots that put even the best affliction warlocks to shame. Top burst, top damage and top fun! If you haven't tried rogue yet, you are seriously missing out!

2 - Arms/Fury warriors

Fury has remained very strong, but the Arms warriors are back, stronger than they were in MOP and a really strong contender for the top spot. With a bit of RNG luck, spamming Execute on global cooldown then watching your enemy disintegrate is just hilarious!

3 - Unholy Death Knight

The more enemies, the better. If raw aoe damage is your thing, then look no further. The more enemies you can cluster up, the more damage you will put out. And I don't mean like a little more, I mean you alone can put out more damage than your entire BG team, where as the top DPS on your team will average around 300k damage done through the BG, you will sit on cloud 9 and be somewhat befuddled on how you managed to do 1,5mil.

4 - Havoc Demon Hunter

Oh yeah, thought they were a bit too strong throughout Legion? Well guess what, they still are. Granted, they are not the top dog but they are still extremely strong and even though they require a slightly different playstyle, the burst and high mobility is still there. Pretty much every youtuber and beta-player has recommended them for BFA, as they clear group content solo and free gliding will play a huge role.

5 - Retribution Paladin

Retri is a bit of an odd ball, because it's not here because of high damage or burst, but because of survive-abilities and team-utilities. Both parts which really are top notch right now, and especially in World PvP where RET is borderline impossible to kill. So really strong both in- and outside of Battlegrounds, leveling a paladin in BFA is going to be both safe and super fun with warmode enabled and I highly recommend doing it together with a friend!

Hey, psst.... you! Yes you, the guy whos about to say "it's pre-patch ffs", "it's still beta and subject to change" or "these things will change shortly".
Hey listen, yeh?
You said the same stuff before every expansion in WoW history, and it never did change right away.

Look, my point is that sure, maybe (probably)it will change, and if you are fine with waiting weeks, months or a year (like retri paladins did in legion lol) then by all means, enjoy the suffering and cling to hope. But if you want to have some fun, try FOTM ;)
u know we are all tuned for 120 with azurite traits and the gear from 120. atm ofc is broken since we lost artifacts.. get over it.. it will just take 2 weeks
21/07/2018 11:26Posted by Elypsis
u know we are all tuned for 120 with azurite traits and the gear from 120. atm ofc is broken since we lost artifacts.. get over it.. it will just take 2 weeks

and then again 4 weeks till arena is back and nothing will change but some azerite traits, pick a random melee and you are fine.
I think your list is very wrong. basically you just picked melees that smash your melee monk
21/07/2018 10:50Posted by Høns
Yep, here we are after 13 years of so-called "balance", and yet another WoW expac around the corner with the big question being, which class is best.

And boy oh boy, just like with every expansion, Blizzard never disappoints when it comes to having certain classes shine way brighter than others. This time, the melees are back and with a serious vengeance.

The caster tears are all over the forums, including my own, but hey, just means it's time to adapt and try something new. By that I mean, go for whatever the heck is overpowered at the moment right now, ow yeah! :D After a bit of time, trying out different classes and specs, I believe I have found the ones that stand above all others.

So here are my top 5 picks on the best classes for world pvp and battlegrounds.

1 - Assassination Rogue

Not since the introduction of Death Knights in WOTLK has a class stood so far above all others like rogues do right now, with bleed and poison dots that put even the best affliction warlocks to shame. Top burst, top damage and top fun! If you haven't tried rogue yet, you are seriously missing out!

2 - Arms/Fury warriors

Fury has remained very strong, but the Arms warriors are back, stronger than they were in MOP and a really strong contender for the top spot. With a bit of RNG luck, spamming Execute on global cooldown then watching your enemy disintegrate is just hilarious!

3 - Unholy Death Knight

The more enemies, the better. If raw aoe damage is your thing, then look no further. The more enemies you can cluster up, the more damage you will put out. And I don't mean like a little more, I mean you alone can put out more damage than your entire BG team, where as the top DPS on your team will average around 300k damage done through the BG, you will sit on cloud 9 and be somewhat befuddled on how you managed to do 1,5mil.

4 - Havoc Demon Hunter

Oh yeah, thought they were a bit too strong throughout Legion? Well guess what, they still are. Granted, they are not the top dog but they are still extremely strong and even though they require a slightly different playstyle, the burst and high mobility is still there. Pretty much every youtuber and beta-player has recommended them for BFA, as they clear group content solo and free gliding will play a huge role.

5 - Retribution Paladin

Retri is a bit of an odd ball, because it's not here because of high damage or burst, but because of survive-abilities and team-utilities. Both parts which really are top notch right now, and especially in World PvP where RET is borderline impossible to kill. So really strong both in- and outside of Battlegrounds, leveling a paladin in BFA is going to be both safe and super fun with warmode enabled and I highly recommend doing it together with a friend!

Hey, psst.... you! Yes you, the guy whos about to say "it's pre-patch ffs", "it's still beta and subject to change" or "these things will change shortly".
Hey listen, yeh?
You said the same stuff before every expansion in WoW history, and it never did change right away.

Look, my point is that sure, maybe (probably)it will change, and if you are fine with waiting weeks, months or a year (like retri paladins did in legion lol) then by all means, enjoy the suffering and cling to hope. But if you want to have some fun, try FOTM ;)

Arms ? Lel.
Imagine the level cap right now is 120 and we've all stopped our XP gains. We are not playing the game as it is meant to be, at least not for a few more weeks. Its like having a go at blizz for not balancing level 100 pvp when we were mid way through legion.
I remember with the Legion Prepatch, the calming cry was:
"These abilities are tuned for 110, melee won't dominate throughout the expansion, once people get gear"

Ok.

I won't make the same mistake twice.

Melee UP!

You know, you can open twitch.tv and check a pvp 120 stream.

Rogue doesn't change at all.

Vendetta applies a non-dispellable gray screen on your monitor unless you are a tank and have 2 healers hard casting heals.
Cryyyyyyyy, cryyyyyyyy, cryyyyyyy. More Cryyyyyyyy.
Except for maybe the Rogue, Enhancement Shaman beats all of these class/spec combos.
21/07/2018 12:35Posted by Jalisco
I remember with the Legion Prepatch, the calming cry was:
"These abilities are tuned for 110, melee won't dominate throughout the expansion, once people get gear"

Haha, yeah they say that every time a new expansion comes. I honestly don't know why at this point, all evidence to the contrary. It would seriously be a miracle at this point if Blizzard balanced out the classes within a few weeks or even months.

I think rogue might get the nerf-hammer within 1-2 months, especially since it's covered constantly on twitch and youtube in regards to being overpowered.

21/07/2018 11:55Posted by Kantamaran
I think your list is very wrong. basically you just picked melees that smash your melee monk

Oh, I am so sorry. You must be a returning player or something. WoW has changed a bit since last you played, people have many max lvl toons these days and some don't care much about which of them is used to post threads on the forums.

That also means, if you see someone using a lvl 32 character to post on the forums, don't automatically dismiss them for not having enough experience with the game, because they could easily have several max level characters, and possibly more knowledge and experience than you.

Be respectful :)

One way of perhaps to determinate credibility, is to look at achievement points, but it is a gross generalization too, if you ask me. Still, I do have 10k more than you, but you could of course be going against the TOS and have more than 1 WoW account. Either way, I think we have strayed way off the point.

Log that melee and hit that queue button!
And not a single caster in the list D:
Maybe because of all the casters only frost mage is still viable? Have you tried lock in pvp? Its awfull :(

You know, those who play beta sais the exact opposite? At 120 everything is WORSE than it is now in live. Assasin rogues as mele 'phisical' damage dealers, they in reality deal so much magic / bleed (aka armor ignoring) damage, that it's hillarious, they have so strong damage, they just tunnel you down with a few abilities and then vanish before you even come out of their stunlock and they leave you there to bleed out and laugh at you...
If blizzard can't use a simple calculator to 'guess' the damage output of a certain spec, then how the fk do you expect them to balance out things?
I'm so glad, that I've rerolled to DK (from warrior).
I know fury is godlike with the sh*tloads of heals it has, but arms is too weak for me being so damn easy to kite and absolutely no recovery ability... and I hate fury playstyle, but unholy rocks :D
Wandering plague FTW!
21/07/2018 15:04Posted by Suffering
Maybe because of all the casters only frost mage is still viable? Have you tried lock in pvp? Its awfull :(

I tried lock. Demonology is the biggest troll from Blizzard ever. It was advertised as the class making the biggest comeback in WoW history....

Well, it's... fun and the rotation is on point but... there is just no damage, like none! Affliction can still do decent poking and squeeze itself into the top 5 om a BG if handled by a good player, but destruction seems the most solid spec overall.

I tried so hard on my lock, but I just couldn't do anything in any of the three specs against the 5 melees I listed. Got my butt handed to me. And when I switched to either of those 5, I ate locks for breakfast like it was nothing.

I will say though, frost mage, having just tried it yesterday, is actually very strong. But I would still go with Paladin instead, just because of the crazy survive abilities.
21/07/2018 10:50Posted by Høns
4 - Havoc Demon Hunter

Couldnt take you serious after this one anymore.

DH is literally one of the worst classes in game atm.

21/07/2018 14:49Posted by Râlph
And not a single caster in the list D:

This guy has no clue what he is talking about, dont worry.

Casters are really good right now, on first place as usual Mages.
@Gorewolf I think you just didn't met a good DH, they are a hard nut to crack if used well.
Also, don't try to tell me, that assasin rogues are not godlike currently...
21/07/2018 15:20Posted by Melthor
@Gorewolf I think you just didn't met a good DH, they are a hard nut to crack if used well.

They do absolutely no damage so far and have to play very niche builds on Beta to do average.

Against Healers they are absolutely no threat anymore, every other melee outdpses them in 2v2.

In 3v3 their whole Utility is far too hard nerfed while Chaos Strike hits like a wet noodle.

But yeah, theyre good in BGs and Duels thanks to Rain from Above... thats like, all...
I'm surprised at the people who do the "it's just prepatch" routine. Like Hons wrote, every prepatch so far was an accurate depiction of what PvP at the max level would be like. Is this just self-serving, voluntary forgetfulness or do people really do not remember?
21/07/2018 15:25Posted by Gorewolf
21/07/2018 15:20Posted by Melthor

They do absolutely no damage so far and have to play very niche builds on Beta to do average.

Against Healers they are absolutely no threat anymore, every other melee outdpses them in 2v2.

In 3v3 their whole Utility is far too hard nerfed while Chaos Strike hits like a wet noodle.

But yeah, theyre good in BGs and Duels thanks to Rain from Above... thats like, all...

You've dodged my point about assa rogue quite nicely, well played... truly well played :)