Pvp hotfix July 20

General
Hi guys.

One of the new pvp things in patch 8.0 is that you have the same stats intellect stamina etc outside of arena and inside of arena. This means gear matter more than legion and you can chooce what stata you want and there is no PVP templet.

However today they made this hotfix:

"Adjusted PvP scaling to reduce the difference in power and damage between players of different item levels at level 110."

Anyone know what this means? Do we not have same stats outside ov pvp as inside anymore? Does gear not matter anymore for pvp?
I hope not. It would go back to being as dead as it was in Legion... but yeah, people participating in pvp by doing towers wq for honor will bash me for being elitist anyway. We should all have equal... well, not opportunities, but everything. I think people with higher level of cognitive capacity should be penalized too, since its unfair to others who just cannot learn to play the game that well... :-)
21/07/2018 09:30Posted by Morqueatus
I hope not. It would go back to being as dead as it was in Legion... but yeah, people participating in pvp by doing towers wq for honor will bash me for being elitist anyway. We should all have equal... well, not opportunities, but everything. I think people with higher level of cognitive capacity should be penalized too, since its unfair to others who just cannot learn to play the game that well... :-)

No we should not be equal
it meens green geard 110 can go against mythic geard 110 and have a chance of winning Navlic

this is due to the americans whining and crying about warmode.
Maybe a temp fix for pre-patch as currently anyone not a raider is getting destroyed? Maybe they realised that feeding rubbish gear to the majority of PvP players now puts them in a terrible place.

Either way BFA needs to have gear vendors, a PvP stat or at the least comparable gear and trinkets to PvE and gear needs to matter, no more templates (although a baseline Health pool etc. For fresh 120's would be fine).
21/07/2018 10:05Posted by Sladin
21/07/2018 09:30Posted by Morqueatus

No we should not be equal

I'm guessing most of that went right over your head? :)
No it didn't
21/07/2018 08:49Posted by Naviic
"Adjusted PvP scaling to reduce the difference in power and damage between players of different item levels at level 110."

Anyone know what this means?

There's scaling for levels sub cap. A higher level player is still more powerful but not by as much.