OFFICIAL announcement for BfA PvP templates?

Battlegrounds
As the title says, has Blizzard officially announced the removal of templates for BfA?

Do we know if PvP gear is going to be re-introduced and in what form (boxes or through vendors)? How is it going to compare to PvE gear?

I simply want to understand if BfA is taking another step towards making PvE mandatory as that is a path I'm personally not willing to take.

Without templates and/or PvP gear being mandatory for PvP content, mythic raiders joining random BGs will be running over casual PvPers and War More isn't going to be an option for a large portion of the player base.

Do we have that information yet?

Thank you all in advance.
Exactly why i was really wondering about what is their plan, they did not announce the removal to the templates, only thing Ion said was that the templates might have gone a little overboard since they didnt allow stat customization and they are planning on fixing that.

And apparently according to the latest patch
"Adjusted PvP scaling to reduce the difference in power and damage between players of different item levels at level 110."

So i assume they are just back at scaling because there's no way they would go back to the idiotic days of gear letting people with a ton of time one shot others with low gear
In the BFA beta they are gone as well. I doubt they would remove them for a pre-patch to cause a huge negative uproar just to reintroduce them and receive another !@#$storm
... letting people with a ton of time one shot others with low gear

sounds fair enough for MMORPG
21/07/2018 09:06Posted by Халаа
... letting people with a ton of time one shot others with low gear

it's not free 2 play game, everyone pays for balance.

Fair enough. Just...dont be surprised to see all the players being one-shotted leave.

You'll soon find yourself with only the very best to play with. Top raider and gladiators. That's not a huge percentage, population-wise. A lot less players to have fun with, but so be it.

And guess what, you'll then mostly fight players that are on par with you gear-wise. Which is the thing you were "against" in the first place, and made the free kills leave.

Great design.
21/07/2018 09:42Posted by Ullrik

Fair enough. Just...dont be surprised to see all the players being one-shotted leave.

You'll soon find yourself with only the very best to play with. Top raider and gladiators. That's not a huge percentage, population-wise. A lot less players to have fun with, but so be it.

And guess what, you'll then mostly fight players that are on par with you gear-wise. Which is the thing you were "against" in the first place, and made the free kills leave.

Great design.

Did that happen before the templates though? Did people leave when they got destroyed in PvP due to no gear? No, they did not. As long as they add avenues for gearing up in PvP there is no issue.
@Lior

I dont know honestly, I stopped playing when cataclysm launched. So, if those systems allowed for BG players to gear up; while doing the pvp activity they like, and be somewhat competitive. Then cool, I'm all for it.

I dont even mind Raiders and gladiators having an advantage, as long as I'm not a free kill. Templates kinda fixed that issue, but if there is another solution, great.
Just bring Resilience back. Problem solved.
21/07/2018 09:45Posted by Lior

Did that happen before the templates though? Did people leave when they got destroyed in PvP due to no gear? No, they did not. As long as they add avenues for gearing up in PvP there is no issue.

That's because of three reasons:

1. The player base was younger than it is today (thus had more time). Many WoW veterans (that make up a large portion of the player base) are now in their 30s and do not have as much time.

2. There was PvP gear in the game, obtainable through vendors. You had to do some grinding but you could be competitive after a while. The weekly caps weren't that hard to reach.

3. PvE gear was at a disadvantage at PvP. This one alone makes a HUGE difference.
All blizzard needs to do is balance the gear system properly and everything will be perfect.

Gear system outshines the template system by miles as long as the template only works in a pvp instance.
22/07/2018 12:08Posted by Gambolpuddy
All blizzard needs to do is balance the gear system properly and everything will be perfect.

Gear system outshines the template system by miles as long as the template only works in a pvp instance.

When blizzard re add a pvp gearing system with fixed pieces and a fixed way to obtain them, AND those pieces are better in PvP than gear obtained through PvE I will agree with you.

They haven't.
22/07/2018 12:12Posted by Ellipsìs
22/07/2018 12:08Posted by Gambolpuddy

When blizzard re add a pvp gearing system with fixed pieces and a fixed way to obtain them, AND those pieces are better in PvP than gear obtained through PvE I will agree with you.

They haven't.

This is what we need to be arguing for them to do. Forget templates and get the PvP gearing front and centre as what we want them to sort.
they did nothing, ret, mage, hunters, rogues still hit like a truck, and priests and druid heals should be looked at also.