60-80 Levelling is too slow and not fun

General
I recently levelled from 1-105, soon 110 I'm sure. And I hit the 60-80 bracket a few days ago.

I find it extremely disheartening, when I hit level 60, the initial cap of the game, sort my new talent out, and then think. "Oh, Outland or Northrend....damn."

The content is grindy, the content is old, the content is unfun and extremely dated. I 'braved' through it, which is not a sentence I should have to say in a video game, which is supposed to be about fun.

I was getting a level roughly every 80-90 minutes, depending on how fast I was, and this felt slow, tedious and boring, especially with barely any spells, upgrades, talents, anything throughout the time. I was even wearing 45% heirlooms.

I much more enjoyed the 80-90 content, which felt a little more modern, and I was levelling up a little quicker.

I strongly suggest, and hope that the 60-80 content has one, or all of the following things done to it.
  • XP Required Reduced Greatly (20-50%)
  • Quest XP buffed greatly (20-50%)
  • All Drop Chance Quests made 100%
  • Karazhan levelling returned
  • I hope you are kidding :/
    They should just make Vanilla content scale to 70 and cata/mop from 70-90, giving people an option to skip Outland/Northrend entirely.

I honestly don't know which of the two continents I hate more.
    24/07/2018 20:36Posted by Panzerwar
    They should just make Vanilla content scale to 70 and cata/mop from 70-90, giving people an option to skip Outland/Northrend entirely.

I'd rather do Vashj'ir again than Outland and Northrend.
    There's already many threads on this , could'nt you have just commented on those ?
    Indeed just hit 61 and it is like leveling current content with the plus of dungeon bugs, like bombs hitting for 20k hp.

Hardly feels like i have heirlooms on ;/
    smh@ wanting Kara leveling back

It was an exploit, stop being so delusional
    24/07/2018 20:36Posted by Panzerwar

Just let people at 60 play whatever old xpax they want, in whichever zone they want.

Like, if blizz want to be GW2, then at least properly copy GW2.
    Indeed. I recently finished my Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms loremasters, heading into Northrend and I must say the leveling speed is absolutely abhorrent. It would not hurt at all if the overall XP rewards/heirloom bonuses/XP required per level was tweaked in favour of a speedier leveling process. And not only in Northrend and Outland (though, these do need it the most), but overall.

I actually found myself liking the changes that were made - the increased health and damage of mobs, even though it might have been a bug which might or might not be resolved down the line. I like the upped challenge, difficulty and the need to utilize my full kit and grab some brains along with it. However, this is merely because when I was going for these achievements, the enjoyment of these zones was the primary goal I had. When I then turned back to leveling for the sake of getting a 110 out of my alt, I realized the incredible sloggishness and tediousness of the process.

Challenge is fine, good even, as far as my opinion goes, however the problem is that the leveling takes so long it makes me wish to commit seppuku with my keyboard. Hell, I would love if the leveling was even more difficult with added mechanics and what not, but the thing is that process should not take upwards of 2 whole days of pure gametime. I loved the difficulty of Dark Souls, but if the game was two days long with little to no change in the way my character plays and if all the enemies were the hollow soldiers from Forest of the Fallen Giants, I'd rather off myself with whatever starter weapon I got.
    60-80 gives you the choice between two of the better expansions we've had. 80-100 is the backbreaker for me - Cata, Pandaria and Draenor... FFS.

If it's the levelling speed you hate, okay - but that has nothing to do with the actual content. That does not make it bad zones imho.
    How about just giving the Heritage armor at lvl 60? That would solve the issue, right?
    I ended up just pvping to get through 60-98 on this char.

If you play a healing class you should be able to do it at an acceptable speed since you will be winning most BGs if you are good at the game.

8.0.1 really broke questing / dungeons. I still don't get how they havn't thrown in a fast hotfix. Everything takes at least 100 % longer to kill than 7.3.5 and even that patch had a lot of sponge-mobs. Especially in Draenor.
    24/07/2018 20:53Posted by Hendrick
    60-80 gives you the choice between two of the better expansions we've had. 80-100 is the backbreaker for me - Cata, Pandaria and Draenor... FFS.

If it's the levelling speed you hate, okay - but that has nothing to do with the actual content. That does not make it bad zones imho.

Imo, the quests in Northrend and Outland aren't that good. The design is very old, compared to newer expansions. Also, I have done Outland and Northrend so many times. Besides Howling Fjord, I don't care much for Northrend.

Questwise, Pandaria and Draenor is one of my favourite expansions.
    24/07/2018 20:44Posted by Kurgul
    There's already many threads on this , could'nt you have just commented on those ?

Necro'ing is not a fan favourite.
    24/07/2018 20:51Posted by Qahnarin
    Indeed. I recently finished my Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms loremasters, heading into Northrend and I must say the leveling speed is absolutely abhorrent. It would not hurt at all if the overall XP rewards/heirloom bonuses/XP required per level was tweaked in favour of a speedier leveling process. And not only in Northrend and Outland (though, these do need it the most), but overall.

I actually found myself liking the changes that were made - the increased health and damage of mobs, even though it might have been a bug which might or might not be resolved down the line. I like the upped challenge, difficulty and the need to utilize my full kit and grab some brains along with it. However, this is merely because when I was going for these achievements, the enjoyment of these zones was the primary goal I had. When I then turned back to leveling for the sake of getting a 110 out of my alt, I realized the incredible sloggishness and tediousness of the process.

Challenge is fine, good even, as far as my opinion goes, however the problem is that the leveling takes so long it makes me wish to commit seppuku with my keyboard. Hell, I would love if the leveling was even more difficult with added mechanics and what not, but the thing is that process should not take upwards of 2 whole days of pure gametime. I loved the difficulty of Dark Souls, but if the game was two days long with little to no change in the way my character plays and if all the enemies were the hollow soldiers from Forest of the Fallen Giants, I'd rather off myself with whatever starter weapon I got.

I feel like this too. People were complaining about the slight difficulty spike, but as a rogue I simply had to use my self-heal and not pull tons of mobs without Evade/Riposte up. I enjoyed the bit of difficulty when it occoured, it made the levelling a little more fun, but by god, the XP is just too slow.
    I ended up just pvping to get through 60-98 on this char.

If you play a healing class you should be able to do it at an acceptable speed since you will be winning most BGs if you are good at the game.

8.0.1 really broke questing / dungeons. I still don't get how they havn't thrown in a fast hotfix. Everything takes at least 100 % longer to kill than 7.3.5 and even that patch had a lot of sponge-mobs. Especially in Draenor.

LUL thats a funny joke. implying alliance ever wins BG. thank you that, i haven't laughed that hard in weeks.
    24/07/2018 20:56Posted by Roja
    How about just giving the Heritage armor at lvl 60? That would solve the issue, right?

Oh will you shut up about the f***ing heritage armor? We don't care. Especially not the new players who won't unlock allied races for a couple of months.
    I agree. I love this game, but 60-80 is awful and tedious. Outland is the oldest content in the game and while it was a huge improvement upon Vanilla questing, that says more about Vanilla than about the quality of Outland questing when compared to today's standards. Please reduce the XP requirements and/or increase XP per quest to bring 60-80 leveling in line with 1-60.
    Since patch 7.3.5 people complained about 60-80 levelling being too slow,but a lot of ppl doesnt really cared becaus dungeon boost and karazhan,now that they are gone blizz need to do something,i mean i hope they do something,well i dont really think they read constructive feedback anymore.
    24/07/2018 20:17Posted by Valrysha
    I recently levelled from 1-105, soon 110 I'm sure. And I hit the 60-80 bracket a few days ago.

I find it extremely disheartening, when I hit level 60, the initial cap of the game, sort my new talent out, and then think. "Oh, Outland or Northrend....damn."

The content is grindy, the content is old, the content is unfun and extremely dated. I 'braved' through it, which is not a sentence I should have to say in a video game, which is supposed to be about fun.

I was getting a level roughly every 80-90 minutes, depending on how fast I was, and this felt slow, tedious and boring, especially with barely any spells, upgrades, talents, anything throughout the time. I was even wearing 45% heirlooms.

I much more enjoyed the 80-90 content, which felt a little more modern, and I was levelling up a little quicker.

I strongly suggest, and hope that the 60-80 content has one, or all of the following things done to it.
  • XP Required Reduced Greatly (20-50%)
  • Quest XP buffed greatly (20-50%)
  • All Drop Chance Quests made 100%
  • Karazhan levelling returned

• Good suggestion, 60-80 is indeed pretty slow. OR at least Borean Tundra is. Questing + dungeoning(Every 30-40 minutes) through it I went from 61 to 76 by doing all quests in Borean Tundra. But it took a while.