Sad state of affairs

Warrior
Yes its prepatch but i dont see how this will change with gear.

Duel a Paladin, he uses BOP and wings and killed me before the bop faded. DBTS did nothing and i simply was waiting to die.

I was in def stance but other than dbts i had no way to mitigate his damage while he totally ignored everything i could do......

Blizz need to look at 1v1 because the game no longer revolves around 3v3. In 1v1 arms feels totally trash. We are damage bots that only do well when ignored. Focus us and we die worse than any other class (may be an exaggeration) but no other class feels as weak when focused solo).

Regardless i refuse to switch to Fury or reroll, i love arms and the class fantasy.... however i dont know how the class fantasy of a front line 2h weilding brute dies in a few strikes from any other opponent.
Feels bad man. I have trash gear and get stomped, so hopefully a bit better with gear, but right now it feels awkward to play and no fun - thankfully I am enjoying Fury immensely.
Try having a trash gear and playing paladin ... suddenly you can own people in 1v1 :\

The saddest thing is that if this is the case warriors should not switch to Warmode, beacause of low survivability. (WARrior, WARmode ... sigh)

Another thing Warriors are kinnda banned from is the duelers guild.
Perhaps blizz can introduce some kind of azerite trait similar to mannaroth's (spend X rage to heal 1% health) to give us some self sustain as well? Who knows but the only way for them to see that there is a problem with Warriors is ... sadly to stop playing warrior.
Tried dueling a unholy dk. They just kite you and slow you their like a ranged class now.
It was hard for me to do anything against him, when i got him 30% during my cd's he just healed back to full.
Same with paladin tbh rekoning and hammers whilst bop can't do nothing.
To much heal in this game. To much hybrids that can heal and to powerfull healers.

If we are meant to be the one without selfheal ... the only one ... than... let us be, like in vanilla, the ones who denys the full heal for others.

Bring back 50% MS !

PS: Don t point to sharpen blade please. Its not the same.
May be they should just increase Arms health pool.
By doing that it would just make us die in 1 extra abity it wouldnt change our struggles in 1v1.

I totally wouldnt mind it bot having a heal if everyone else didnt have one. I mean glass cannons like Rogues heal snd avoid damage a lot better than we do. We are sitting ducks in war mode. We cant hide, we get jumped and we have very little to recover, dbts and def stance wont stop them tunnelling us down while they continually outheal our damage.
The self healing of Fury is insane. Absolutely insane. Makes me sad that arms is not in a good state, but I don't have a pocket healer and so I am Fury until something changes.

Arms probably remains the 3v3 (and maybe 2v2) spec, which seems enough to please Blizzard...
Its just a shame they put Impending Victory in the same tier as Storm Bolt. It means its not even an option for PvP because even defensively a Storm Bolt is superior than a heal, let alone having the offensive potential too.

If we could actually take it then we wouldn't fair too badly.
It is a shame something boring generic like stormbold exist in the first place. All because this !@#$ing arena bull%^-*. Make every class the same. I prefer smal stun on charge or cata throwdown.

Whatever. To seal Arms away in this disgusting arena !@#$ is just wrong.
24/07/2018 09:21Posted by Bulk

Duel a Paladin, he uses BOP and wings and killed me before the bop faded. DBTS did nothing and i simply was waiting to die.

So basically you were just zerging on him with BOP and wings up? And then you complain you can't beat him? wAT. Your suppose to kite when they pop cooldowns like that. Paladins have no mobility, warriors do. He shouldn't be on you at all when he bops himself.. bad players smh
28/07/2018 07:24Posted by Atoczix

So basically you were just zerging on him with BOP and wings up? And then you complain you can't beat him? wAT. Your suppose to kite when they pop cooldowns like that. Paladins have no mobility, warriors do. He shouldn't be on you at all when he bops himself.. bad players smh

Thats bs you can t kite a paladin. He has a 70% rang slow + horse and freedom. Beside that he does massive damage at range too. The point is. Every litte damage he managed to do to you means health gone since you have no way to come back/get health back, unlike the paladin. Their is absolutley no way a arms warrior can beat a paladin if pala is not completly braindead and out of cd.

The sad true how it is looking today... they don t even need those cds most of the time. They have so much frontload damage...+stun.
28/07/2018 07:24Posted by Atoczix

Id really love to see how you kite a pala, you leap he slows you and damages you from range. BoP makes him immune to everything so lets say he drops 50% of your health in BoP, you can not recover, lets not forget he jas another bubble and can heal too.

Calling someone a bad one player when one class has a clear and sizable flaw in this match up. If i could simply heal there is more margin for me to out play. The pala has similar damage, a stun and more effective healing and immunities. We can not compete, skill isnt a factor.
Any excuse to not seem bad, eh? Actual good players aren't having this issue. A lot of high end warrior mains are saying they're looking strong in bfa. I suggest looking up a guide on youtube or something.
Good Warrior arms cant win against a average pala that all, he just out sustain you.
Good player are just sayin warr arms is a good dmg dealer thix xpac and it's true arms hurt a lot, but in world pvp, duel, random bg without healer you'r very squishy.
28/07/2018 10:03Posted by Atoczix
Any excuse to not seem bad, eh? Actual good players aren't having this issue. A lot of high end warrior mains are saying they're looking strong in bfa. I suggest looking up a guide on youtube or something.

Thats in arena with a healer. It doesn't matter how good you are when a Paladin is immune to literally everything during BoP, you can't Pummel their heals if they're going for it, you can't Storm Bolt them, you can't Fear them and you can't Disarm them.

If a Paladin has half a brain he'll BoP the burst at high health in a 1v1 and render the Warrior useless.

It would be nice to have the option to take a self heal (Impending Victory in this case) in a 1v1.

Although i'm quite happy with how Warriors are going forward into Arena, not so much 1v1. Think we're actually lowkey broken in Arena right now in the pre-patch.

I'm laughing around any warriors in duels, they can barely touch me, if I would be a paladin I would be able to kill them under a BoP mostly. Warriors have no tools against paladins, good rogues burst them down anyways, any ranged class can easily kite them and even most mele classes can kite them and kill them from range or kite them enough to use their selfhealing skills to practically restart the fight at the warriors disadvantage.

See its people like this who seem to take bits of information then claim its a l2p issue.

If Warriors have a healer we are more than fine, as lots of warriors have mentioned without a pocket healer we run into issues. We have no sustain and our mitigation is somewhat lackluster. I mean compared to other melee (Rogue, Pala) evasion, clos, heals, BoP, Bubble. We cant compete with that.

I understand the game isnt built around duels... but blizzard implement Warmade which can result in 1v1 battles and duelist arena then leave some classes unable to truely take part.

Ill be maining Arms either way and ill find a way to make it work.

This doesnt change the fact that solo Warriors are currently in a sad state compared to some other classes in 1v1.
Remember shattering throw? Remember when warrior was actually good? Remember banners? Remember Berserk stance? Stackable stance nad powerful overpower that activated on rend proc or if enemy parried/dodge?

Remember MoP Arms?

I do. And I miss it.

Forget you can actually 1v1 any melee class as arms in BfA. And even as fury there is very little you can do. They made warriors bad. Thats how it is.
Blizz need to look at 1v1 because the game no longer revolves around 3v3. In 1v1 arms feels totally trash. We are damage bots that only do well when ignored. Focus us and we die worse than any other class (may be an exaggeration) but no other class feels as weak when focused solo).

while I agree it could be reined in alittle (rogues being fotm atm is one major factor in this) to make 1v1 a tad bit fairer, do u actually see any MMORPG or MoBA balancing on 1v1 PvP? … there are reasons for that.

1v1 balancing is impossible without making every class do the same thing. this is why games that have 1v1 balancing are generally FPS'S where everyone uses trhe same Range of guns to kill one another.

WoW isnt going to make this work either.. let me tell u what 1v1 balance would achieve.

BGs become a overhyped DPS Mess of players throwing everything at one another.

Arenas becoming 2v2 only of Zerg DPS who can press the most buttons in the least amount of time.

WPVP Becoming a !@#$show of over-glorified twinks Steamtraining one another.

without giving pvp a Structure Class combinations, Set up and Organisation PvP will become a Mess because WoW doesnt have the tools to actually act upon making 1v1 a Competitive thing. its not a Pure PvP game.. its Designs include PvE functionaility.. which complicates this even further to question are we putting PvE on the edge to achieve this pvp idea... Yes we would be.. as Kits would have to become so generic its unbeleivable and half of what they can do in PvE now wouldnt be possible any longer.

no ones going to make 1v1 PvP work in a game with not only a PvE scene but a Arena Scene.. it just wont work at all, blizzard have to stick to 3v3 balancing realistically because its the only way they can Distinguish class Roles and Proper Set up. PvP will become a !@#$show Of Ability spammers with no order without these things existing.

players have a Obsession with 1v1 and the games never catered to 1v1, nor as any other group PvP game.. not even Pure PvP games such as LoL, Overwatch, DoTA, Smite etc etc managed this.

in any game where ROLES and DIFFERENT CLASSES Exist 1v1 isn't possible to balance.. as a Playerbase we have to either accept thatr or find a game that gives us 1v1 balancing.. its Impossible for blizzard to cater to everything.. they cant physically cater to everything.

how are they EVER gonna get every class to a point to position themselves and choose their battles like a rogue?.. without giving every class Anti-Stealth Capabilities or Outright give every class a Stealth mechanic..

your asking the impossible, u want blizzard to Balance 1v1s while Distinquishing roles to keep 3v3/rated battlegrounds interesting, while building classes to be Mechanically interesting in PvE content being balanced in numbers in Groups and raids DPS/heal/Tank wise at the same time within the same game and the same abilities.

you may aswell delete 11 classes and have us all player the same class... it aint gonna work any other way lmfao.

you pick ur Class Not ur specc, Refusing to play ur class is going to cause MANY places u'll feel imbalanced.. Speccs are no longer designed to do everything, ur Class is.. and Fury has great 1v1 capability.

30/07/2018 09:20Posted by Chato
Remember shattering throw? Remember when warrior was actually good? Remember banners? Remember Berserk stance? Stackable stance nad powerful overpower that activated on rend proc or if enemy parried/dodge?

Remember MoP Arms?

I do. And I miss it.

Forget you can actually 1v1 any melee class as arms in BfA. And even as fury there is very little you can do. They made warriors bad. Thats how it is.

I remember warriors loving it.. and every player who wasn't a Warrior hating it.

before u try to tell me "warriors weren't OP playerbase just didn't want to deal with this or learn how to counter it"

ONE WORD.

ROGUE.

how many of u beleive rogue should be Nerfed because of its 1v1 capability or Dominance concerning Utility avaliable to it?.. then go ahead and look at warirors in the same way.

how many wanted MoP Arms nerfed due to 1v1 capability or dominance through utility or options available to it.

Face it, the shining stars gonna get QQ'd on it'll get nerfed. if ur able to 1v1 ever other class that means every class weren't able to 1v1 you.. generates QQ and saying "u shouldn't 1v1 a warrior" is saying "u shouldn't 1v1 a rogue"

and Fury have been doing very well on Beta.. bajheera Swifty and more have shown how good Fury can be 1v1.. and agre eto the fact arms is just better in Arenas.

as stated u could rein things in to make 1v1 abit fairer and Reduce classes capability in their nichts to bring Class options to be more broad.. but tbh currently they cant even keep their classes balanced with all these nichts, let alone if they tried to do this.