I am never going to level another character

General
I am probably the most casual of casuals.
Wow is not my primary game, heck, it's not even my secondary game.
I have played it on and off for 9 years now.
I never did more than some heroic raiding and some rated bgs in woltk and cata.
Most of my time spent on WoW was spent on leveling.
I got maybe 20 characters to max level, but I got a ton more sitting between thirty and 80.
Enough to get the character limit warning.
But leveling after the leveling changes is so bad.
It's taking forever and it's not engaging.
The fun I had leveling was trying to be faster each time, finding new ways to skip boring zones etc. (Like always going in ragefire chasm at level 10 and soloing it until level 20 a few times cause the level 10-15 zones suck !@#)
I don't know if the devs know this, but the quests in WoW suck. They follow the same patterns, are outdated af and while the overall lore of WoW is pretty decent, most of the details suck.
I am not going to get the itch to play WoW again because I want to level for a bit anymore and if PvP wasn't so much fun right now I would not be playing this game.
I know this is kinda late, but I haven't played since the changes until recently and it's bumming me out how a big part of why I played this game is just gone for me.
So you got 20 max level chars .. prob got those during the years of dungeon spam and 1-2 shot enemys.

But now that you can't do that anymore and have to invest time into leveling a char is just "But leveling after the leveling changes is so bad."

Well ... to bad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
25/07/2018 00:37Posted by Shíroyasha
So you got 20 max level chars .. prob got those during the years of dungeon spam and 1-2 shot enemys.

But now that you can't do that anymore and have to invest time into leveling a char is just "But leveling after the leveling changes is so bad."

Well ... to bad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ikr lets make leveling even slower because VaNiLlA was hard to level even though we have double the levels and if you cant throw 500 hours after these upcoming changes

Well .. to bad

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
25/07/2018 00:41Posted by Anwéen

Well ... to bad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ikr lets make leveling even slower because VaNiLlA was hard to level even though we have double the levels and if you cant throw 500 hours after these upcoming changes

Well .. to bad

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rofl, if it takes you that long to level a char to max you are doing something very wrong.
It was never engaging and most quests suck.

Can we get to the core of the issue for you? Thats "it takes longer"

Thats fine, but don't conflate issues.
I feel you mate. I havnt played in quite a few years, stopped mid WoD but I have played since Vanilla heavily on and off at times though.
I have 1 if each class that I always enjoyed to level and see how quickly I could do it with each expansion which was a lot faster in WoD than in past expansions. But I just resubbed yesterday and have to say on logging in I was massively dissapointed. The spell variation on all of them is non existent now and the TTK feels slower than anything vanilla ever offered.
I see the idea with maybe slowing down the game pace but the removal of so many abilities and cooldown changes really make the game feel stale and slow. It’s like they wanted to revserse to the vanilla state of combat but removed over half of the random !@#$ that made each class unique and worth playing and exploring.
It’s a shame, this game was a real love for me and always a reliable one to come back to and enjoy but this time I think it’s the last time I check in unfortunately.
25/07/2018 00:45Posted by Dejarous
It was never engaging and most quests suck.Can we get to the core of the issue for you? Thats "it takes longer"Thats fine, but don't conflate issues.

They go hand in hand. If quests were engaging, the experience was new and quests weren't "go kill 20 bears in which only 5 will drop meat because that makes sense" then I don't think many would have an issue with levelling taking longer.

The fact it's the same, and now longer, is the issue. Blizzard can't have both. They really need to take notes from ESO's quest design. Long, but certainly not boring.
"Leveling is too easy and too fast and it's not challenging! It should be more like old wow."

*Blizzard changes the leveling back to old wow standards*

"Leveling is too hard! I'm not leveling another char again!"

Please grow a pair already. And by the way: WoW's downfall began with the easy leveling changes on Cata in 2010 and ever since it hasn't reached its peak of 12 million any more.
25/07/2018 00:53Posted by Galinácio
WoW's downfall began with the easy leveling changes on Cata in 2010

And had absolutely nothing to do with the longest content drought WoW has ever seen.

You're right, it must've been the levelling experience that drove people away. Couldn't have been that there was nothing to do for little under a year at 85.
Just how many whiner threads are there?

Most of you people just got used to the broken "leveling", if you want to call it that. It started to go really wrong after wotlk I think. Perhaps even during wotlk when they introduced heirlooms with very high stats. Not entirely sure.

And after each expansion it got worse. Whether you like it or not, thats not how leveling is supposed to be. It was broken. One shotting everything, dungeons being soloed by tanks while rest of the group ran behind them, ect.
Thats broken.
You got used to it.

Its not perfect now, but it is far better than it has been in years.
Deal with it.

I sure as hell enjoy leveling my alts with no heirlooms. 7th alt now going after scaling changes.
25/07/2018 00:43Posted by Shíroyasha
Rofl, if it takes you that long to level a char to max you are doing something very wrong.
Show me where it say in the game that you MUST level a character within a certain small no. of hours?

If YOU want to rush it, then YOU have the problem, not the game.

"Leveling is too easy and too fast and it's not challenging! It should be more like old wow."

Seen more and more often, these days...

Well ... to bad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If with time investment you mean €60 for a boost, yes.

Either let people level without the option of buying a max level char, so it's really an in-game investment and achievement.

Or just let them level up fast. At the moment its just pushing for more sales without them putting in any effort than just changing a digital value to bump you to 110 and getting €60 cash for it.
For the record I'm not against slow leveling, but then offering options for money to avoid it just makes it feels like a scam. It's like that "South Park" episode about freemium games, "Make the game about waiting, but let the player pay not to wait."

For people interest in end-game it feels like such, either invests a hundred hours or let them grab you cash and get dinged to max level.
25/07/2018 00:16Posted by Vente
I got maybe 20 characters to max level

You don't even have the achievement for reaching max with 5 characters.

Really gives the ol' noggin a joggin.
Maybe put a warning on the account creation screen... "Requires you to complete up to 120* levels - or pay a sum amounting to 6-months' sub's, up front - to get to end game content."

heeheehee...

*depending on current Expansion
25/07/2018 01:09Posted by Eighjan
25/07/2018 00:43Posted by Shíroyasha
Show me where it say in the game that you MUST level a character within a certain small no. of hours?

If YOU want to rush it, then YOU have the problem, not the game.

Seen more and more often, these days...

Clearly you didn't read what the person i gave a reply to said.

Edit: also no where did i say anything about that a char NEED to be leveled within x hours, i simple said that IF it takes you 500 hours to level a char to max as Anwéen said in the post i quoted then that person is clearly doing something wrong.
I am finding things like PvP unfun to play due to the fact I casually play. I can not compete with people in mythic gear with no templates to help me out PvP is impossible for me and a nightmare if I want the tokens for some transmogs which is what I am trying to get now.

I don't think I will level another character either, it takes way too long now and I will get bored and move onto something else.

I will never buy a character boost either, something priced that high on a game that costs money to play is ridiculous.
you people are just too impatient. but yes, I agree that blizzard made the leveling progress too fast and too easy. It is good to seeing it slowed down.
25/07/2018 01:37Posted by Zumajin
you people are just too impatient. but yes, I agree that blizzard made the leveling progress too fast and too easy. It is good to seeing it slowed down.

Yes, and now offering the option to get to max level for real cash instead. The game feels so much better now.
Consider the possibility that killing twenty bears for meat is more interesting and fun if it’s challenging than if it’s easy. And I disagree with that as a characterisation of the early game, btw.

I do sympathise a little as I’m an altoholic myself. But you can’t expect Blizzard to design a levelling process for people doing it for the first time (the priority) and people doing it for the twentieth. The price you pay for your 20 x Order Hall gold missions and potentially 400 pet tokens every time a pet WQ pops is the boredom of repeating a process twenty times.