War of Thorns Storyline Druid POV discussion

Druid
WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILER FOR PART ONE OF NEW QUESTLINE

So new quest line is out, well the first half at least. Just wanted to have a small discussion about what went down, particularly from the druids POV. If you have not done it then I guess there could be spoilers but not really anything game changing, just want Sylvanas wants us to do. Also I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place

So basically she wants to take on the night elves. Now I have nothing wrong with that but she also wants to take out the world tree and Malfurion, which from a druids point of view isn't that really really bad?? L

I'm not great in the whole lore but been playing druid since Cataclysm. I was under the impression that no matter being on the Horde side druids would kinda be against burning the tree and killing Malfurion no? Isnt the world tree kinda important for our lunar powers or something? And Malfurion is the head of our order who we've been working alongside etc the whole Legion. Just seems a bit odd from a druids perspective that all the horde druids would being happy to kill him and destroy the World Tree.
Not too big on the lore either, but to me, killing off THE archdruid seems very out of character for any druid. Unless Blizzard counts the night elves as the only "true" druids?
I think the only reason for Horde druids to attack Teldrassil is game-play only.
Im not sure if that'd happen in lore. I didn't see any horde druid npc's either, there were rogues, warriors, shamans but no druids.

It's hard to understand Blizzard logic behind this even if it's done for game only, Horde Druids attack their own order leader, who is a good friend with Hamuul, student of Cenarius. There is no way Cenarius would be ok with that, nor the horde Druids imho.

But it's not the first time WoW lore is completely destroyed because of gameplay.

25/07/2018 14:35Posted by Kabtwo
Not too big on the lore either, but to me, killing off THE archdruid seems very out of character for any druid. Unless Blizzard counts the night elves as the only "true" druids?

You see the lore has shifted when WoW was in development.
According to older lore Druids could be only Nightelves Males. Females were Sentinels, it's been told on very first Blizzcon (iirc correctly) there are still videos of that on YT. They changed it due to game balance.
25/07/2018 16:48Posted by Deed

It's hard to understand Blizzard logic behind this even if it's done for game only, Horde Druids attack their own order leader, who is a good friend with Hamuul, student of Cenarius. There is no way Cenarius would be ok with that, nor the horde Druids imho.

Tbh, it felt REALLY unsettling seeing all these warmachines, people on their mounts etc and there I am in my flight form... I don't like it at all :(
Then again I should probably just not get so overly attached to my character and their stories xD

Also, +1 for a very informative post! :D
THANK YOU for this topic, it was driving me insane.

As a Tauren Guardian Druid siding with Sylvanas made no sense to me. The line should have been drawn when we got to the wisp wall, after that, in my honest opinion, the horde druids should have changed sides. We were literally killing our own and what makes it even worse is if you add everything druids did in Legion. We literally chose an undead Warchief instead of everything we are and stand for.
Makes zero sense, hated it
I read somewhere that in the novel Sylvanas sent part of the forces to Silithus together with Baine - "To heal the wound".
So far, the only logical explanation I see that the druids from the Horde side were not "actually" involved in the invasion to Ashenvale and burning of Teldrassil.
I have also not seen any npc-druids from the Horde side during the quests (not sure if I missed any though).

In that way the quests of the War of Horns event would be just a game trick to show the story to the fellow horde druid players.
This whole questchain has just put me off playing and made me incredibly sad to be a Tauren druid
Forum is bugged. Can't change to my troll druid, which was supposed to be my main in BfA.

After finishing horde quest line, I'm disgusted with lore. What has horde done?

1. Burned world tree.
2. Tried to kill Malfuron.
3. Killed Dreamgrove Sentinels. What were they doing in Undercity?

Why would any druid be ok with that?

Terrible writing.

After these events every druid should leave horde. Since I doubt alliance would take us, should we form our own faction?
08/08/2018 18:11Posted by Zim

3. Killed Dreamgrove Sentinels. What were they doing in Undercity?

[/quote]

The druids of the claw were backup for the SI7 who were in Undercity to recover important information. If the SI7 were compromised, the druids were there to aid them in escaping.
08/08/2018 22:44Posted by Wraknar
The druids of the claw were backup for the SI7 who were in Undercity to recover important information. If the SI7 were compromised, the druids were there to aid them in escaping.

But that doesn't make sense. Dreamgrove is neutral.
After the burning its acceptable for me, even as a horde player that the neutrality of the Claws are out of the window.

And yes, the whole thing felt awful. Especially the malfurion part "H-hello Archdruid Malfurion... ayyy thats a nasty wound you got there, how ya doin?"

Bah, I dunno' I guess i just go with the "Roleplay wise my character wasn't there" line.
Let Druids keep the Dreamgrove and give all Druids a Druid language they can communicate in. We can still take part in our factions quests but we are neutral towards other Druids outside of PvP... Haha.
Lol reminds me of vanilla days where Tauren and Nelf druids refused to attack one another haha

As said above, Sylvanas sent the horde druids to Silithus, hence no one was there for the burning but I guess it would have made zero sence to give druid players a different questline than the other classes, would have been cool though but can you imagine the whining that would have resulted in by the rest of the community?

Nelfs never been accepting of other races, druid or not. Personally I could'nt care less about their tree or their wisps.
09/08/2018 14:13Posted by Elehoofe
Lol reminds me of vanilla days where Tauren and Nelf druids refused to attack one another haha

We should revive this
09/08/2018 14:13Posted by Elehoofe
Nelfs never been accepting of other races, druid or not. Personally I could'nt care less about their tree or their wisps.

Neither, I wasnt really to bothered about losing Teldrassil, I was just kinda hoping Horde would occupy it and then we'd get Lordaeron back.

Seems we both lose a city and gain nothing, the writing really is riveting. There goes my dream of all the Human kingdoms being unified again.