Information on War Supply Drops (and Bounties) in Darkshore

General
Hey folks

I hope you've all been enjoying the pre-patch so far and have had some fun in the wPvP madness happening in Darkshore. I've seen a little bit of confusion going around in chat channels about the Bounty system and I've also seen a lot of people confused about the War Supply Drop system in place. Because of this, I figured I'd just take a few moments to produce my findings after playing a pretty unhealthy amount since War of Thorns dropped and hopefully help some people out.

War Supply Drops

So everyone probably has a vague idea of what these are (especially with the Battle Royale craze going on at the moment). War Supply Drops are special drops which occur throughout the world regularly in the form of a crate. Here are some things to note about the drops (at the time of writing this post).

• Drops are enabled for Darkshore only.
  • Drops occur roughly every 20 minutes. No more/less frequent. (e.g. If one drops at 10:30, the next one will roughly drop at 10:50) -- **EDIT: I've noticed I slight time drift over the course of several drops. I have 2 theories: Either it's 20 minutes from the point of looting OR perhaps it's just a tad over 20 minutes and thus there'll be a slight time skew. With the sudden surge in players going for these after my initial post it is becoming a lot harder to identify this exactly. As I can't reliably give the system in place I suggest you just follow the general rule of roughly 20 minutes with a +1 minute tolerance to allow for either of these 2 possibilities. (Drop times vary from realm to realm. Be aware of this if hopping via the group finder.)
  • Drops appear to have a extremely limited drop pattern. I have picked up quite a lot now and all of them have been in the same location except one.
  • Upon hitting the ground, the drop will be in a crate form. This is clickable by both factions and requires 10 seconds to activate. Activating a drop will lock it to your faction and turn the drop into a chest. Once this happens you only have a very limited time for people to loot it.
  • Only one person can successfully activate the drop and the get the [War Supplied] achievement. However, if you're in a party and all loot it, it will still contribute to all of your [Band of Brothers] achievements.
  • The chest appears to drop base ilvl 210 class gear, similar to that of the world quests in the area. The gear can warforge on pick up though.

**Important Note**

After many pick-ups I've found the best place to wait is around co-ordinates 53/29 (Immediate North from "Maw of the Void"). This allows you to see the plane when it first spawns in. (It will always spawn directly North of you). The majority of crates seem to drop smack-bang on 53/29 but if not, you can fly with the plane and see the later drop and grab it easily. Recorded drops have been along the line 57/12 (North shore, by turtle shell), 53/29 (North of Maw of the Void), 48/49 (North-East of Eye of the Vortex) and have dropped at those 3 locations specifically.

Bounties

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions and misinformation going around about bounties which I just thought I'd try clear up with some quick explanatory points.

• The Assassin buff is not the same as the Bounty debuff.
  • For you to appear on the map you must have the Bounty debuff.
  • The Bounty debuff has a chance to apply (even if you're not an assassin!), with the chance increasing along with the more kills you have.
  • If you have the bounty debuff you cannot mount flying mounts, but you can mount ground mounts. (Warning! It will kick you off your mount with no warning should you get it whilst mounted. Make sure you can slow fall/glide if you like to fly at decent heights!)
  • Logging out, world hopping or leaving the zone will remove your bounty.
  • If a target bounty dies it will drop a loot bag. These loot bags are single loot only and operate on a first-come, first-serve basis. Whoever loots it first will get the loot and no-one else will. (Even if you're in a party or even if whoever looted it didn't kill the bounty)
  • Bounty loot is the similar to that of WQs and Supply Drops. (210 ilvl base, can warforge)
  • Bounty Marked targets cannot get around on a 2-Player mount, even if it's controlled by another player.
  • The highest number of bounties seen at any one time on the map is currently 5. Currently unaware if there is a cap or not.

*There is NO current benefit to being a bounty. The smallest benefit you could have is to bait out the opposing faction for a little extra honor, however, I don't think this outweighs the negatives. Although I would suggest it is more beneficial to "lose" the debuff, losing it deliberately would be unsportsmanlike like in my opinion.

**Currently every bounty I've looted has gone straight to the mailbox. I don't know if this is a bug or there's perhaps some weird interaction if multiple people are trying to loot it.

A quick tip for wPvP

At your Dalaran PvP vendor you can purchase a "Net-O-Matic-5000" for 25 Marks of Honour. This can be used to dismount people in the sky on their flying mounts. A definite must for Darkshore wPvP. Currently not many people expect this and a good portion will die from the fall damage.

An alternative to this is the Salt-Hardened Shell which can be found from a Rare (Hell Shell) directly under Archerus in the Broken Shore. (This also doesn't require war mode to be enabled!)

I hope this provides some useful information to some of you. Any feedback, additional information or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

Extra
You can currently make progress/complete 3 BfA specific achievements in the prepatch. These are:
  • War Supplied
  • Bounty Hunting
  • Band of Brothers

Edit 1: Added note about Net-O-Matic aswell as the Drop achievements.
Edit 2: Added location reference for those without co-ordinates.
Edit 3: Added max no. of bounties and 2p mounting. Also slightly adjusted timings.
Edit 4: Added specific drop locations.
Edit 5: Added additional info and links.
My original theory for timings was slightly off. Will update this in roughly ~15 with what I believe it to be.
Seems the maximum number of bountys that can be active is 3. They can hop on a friends mount too.
26/07/2018 12:51Posted by Scrimjaw
Seems the maximum number of bountys that can be active is 3. They can hop on a friends mount too.

Though I just saw 4 at once. So maybe there might not be a cap.
Thanks for the update on the Bounty max and the reminder for the 2-player mounts, I'll update it now.
Now that this information is a bit more wide-spread I'm finding it a lot harder to run some specific tests and update my findings. Any extra feedback from this point would be greatly appreciated.
I have to had out for a few hours so will have to put a pause on my findings. Any additional findings will be updated in the post when I get back. Thanks again!
I tested your theory and your spawn point was bang on, it appeared where you said north of the maw at 10 to the hour.
26/07/2018 15:53Posted by Eggs
I tested your theory and your spawn point was bang on, it appeared where you said north of the maw at 10 to the hour.

This is great to hear! I've been monitoring the time drift and it's slowly increasing on my server but is not near 10 to the hour so this proves different server times. Thank you!

Edit: Formatting
I didn't even know about the drops ...
I'm gonna try this with my friends now
Thank you man :D
A crate dropped on the shoreline slightly north of Lor'Danel. Opposite the ships. I dont have the coords addon :/
26/07/2018 19:14Posted by Scrimjaw
A crate dropped on the shoreline slightly north of Lor'Danel. Opposite the ships. I dont have the coords addon :/

This is likely this
26/07/2018 12:03Posted by Swanomonk
57/12 (North shore, by turtle shell)
26/07/2018 19:00Posted by Allaria
I didn't even know about the drops ...
I'm gonna try this with my friends now
Thank you man :D

No worries! Have fun!
26/07/2018 18:57Posted by Swanomonk
This is great to hear! I've been monitoring the time drift and it's slowly increasing on my server but is not near 10 to the hour so this proves different server times. Thank you!

Another appeared at 29 minutes past the hour, in the same spot. It was a few hours later so i'm not sure of the times inbetween.
26/07/2018 19:32Posted by Eggs

Another appeared at 29 minutes past the hour, in the same spot. It was a few hours later so i'm not sure of the times inbetween.

Thanks for the update. Currently I am unable to reliably reproduce the timings so for now just operate around the basis that a drop is roughly every 20 minutes with a tolerance of +1 additional minute. This covers either if it's based on when the drop is looted or if the timer is slightly above 20 minutes.
Was unable to mount on the back of another raid members mount while under the effects of the Bounty debuff. Hotfixed?
Definity hotfixed, seeing others unable to mount with the debuff also.
I'm currently running a mirror post over on the wow subreddit and have got quite a lot more feedback and have updated this here accordingly. Hope any of the new information helps.
26/07/2018 22:14Posted by Scrimjaw
Definity hotfixed, seeing others unable to mount with the debuff also.

I'm seeing other people reference this too. Thanks for the feedback! I'll add it to the post.
I can now confirm bounty loots CAN warforge! :)