Quest Log Empty Bug - Recover Quest names

Customer Support
Recover names of quests Before the bug and retake them. If you dont remember what quests you go that wont be a problem, the problem is progression, but ..... somehow we can recover the quests names and retake them.
So First you have to open your folder where wow its installed, navigate on the World of Warcraft --> Cache --> WDB --> enUS and look for the questcache.wdb
Copy it and paste (to get a back-up of the file).

Now what you have to do is to open your notepad application and drag and drop questcache.wdb there into notepad.

and there is your quests names and infos. will be something like a mess there like next:

Irondeep SuppliesBring 10 Irondeep Supplies to the Horde Quartermaster in Frostwolf Keep.The Stormpike dwarves are using the Irondeep mine as a storage depot. I want you to raid that mine and bring me its supplies. This will curtail the Stormpikes' efforts in Alterac Valley, and will provide us with needed equipment!$B$BBe wary, $n. The Irondeep mine is deep in Alliance territory, and control of the mine is as shifting as the snows of Alterac.

Here is:
Irondeep Supplies --> its quest name and
Bring 10 Irondeep Supplies to the Horde Quartermaster in Frostwolf Keep.The Stormpike dwarves are using the Irondeep mine as a storage depot. I want you to raid that mine and bring me its supplies. This will curtail the Stormpikes' efforts in Alterac Valley, and will provide us with needed equipment!$B$BBe wary, $n. The Irondeep mine is deep in Alliance territory, and control of the mine is as shifting as the snows of Alterac.
its the info about that quest.

You might copy paste the names and go straight wowhead to check them and retake. I was too frustrated abut this bug, and im kinda glad that i found that by myslef, if you had some important quests that you keep for later and dont remember the quests name here is how you will remember the names, Im not 100% sure if there is all but it helps a little.
It seems i got an xml bug while posting whole report with special characters.
You will understand what i want to say, and dont get scarred about what you sill see in that file :)
02/08/2018 07:55Posted by Címmy
You may want to post this under https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17621392293?page=6#post-116

Thanks, i made this topic cuz was seen first, But i copy pasted there too :)
Hello everybody,

Due to an issue, during a short time between 1st of August, 09:30 pm and 2nd of August 01:45 am players would get all their quest log abandoned when using a teleportation ability, such as hearthstone or mage portal. This issue is fixed by now, and we will try to assist you with recovering your quest progress.

If you lost a progress of a quest, that can be completed during single play session, please, proceed by restarting this quest.

If you were impacted by this issue and you lost a progress of a multistep quest, that takes several days to complete or a quest that you are not able to pick up anymore, we will try to recover the progress. Please, note, that we do not guarantee to recover progress as it was before the loss, but we will do our best.

Kind regards

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Kiemmaki
02/08/2018 08:24Posted by Kiemmaki
Hello everybody,

Due to an issue, during a short time between 1st of August, 09:30 pm and 2nd of August 01:45 am players would get all their quest log abandoned when using a teleportation ability, such as hearthstone or mage portal. This issue is fixed by now, and we will try to assist you with recovering your quest progress.

If you lost a progress of a quest, that can be completed during single play session, please, proceed by restarting this quest.

If you were impacted by this issue and you lost a progress of a multistep quest, that takes several days to complete or a quest that you are not able to pick up anymore, we will try to recover the progress. Please, note, that we do not guarantee to recover progress as it was before the loss, but we will do our best.

Kind regards

Morning,
Thanks for your Kindness and well said, I have read all night every page from US and i havent seen any GM post like yours. Thanks for your Help
I lost MONTHS of quest progression. I can't belive you let this happen and then to say you can't compensate. For about 1,5 years I had quest to gather some sort of fragments of something from Odin raid, and yesterday I managed to get to 950/1000 and 1 hour later my quests are gone. I started playing 4 days ago after 1,5 year break and you throw this in my face. Thanks.

My questlog was mosty raid quests with partial progression. While I belive I will retain fragments for WOTLK legendaries and just need TO FIND THE BLOODY QUESTS (who knows where it starts at certain points...).

I was just about to start geting my bearing in the game (It's quite ovrewheliming) I barely got few hours a day to play and soon it's gone be much less and you throw this at me.

Will try my best to get refund for the expnasion and I don't even care about token/gametime, stuff it in your code, maybe it will leak less.
Are you kidding I hope. I had the Antorus quests the 2 ones requiring to collect items at 3/4.... this means that I have to do and hope to get the items in 3 forking weeks!!!!
For the Archeology the chapters I collected for the qurest are GONE!

This kind of attitude works for FREE servers, full of bugs where one cannot pretend anything because free. But here... DAMMIT WE PAY to play the game. DO YOU GET IT? WE PAY! So you have to comply to certain standards or pay back or award free game play time to impacted people. You do not get away with it like this... go do it again, maybe we can help. There is no MAYBE since you GET PAID for it ok?
02/08/2018 09:37Posted by Wispersong
Are you kidding I hope. I had the Antorus quests the 2 ones requiring to collect items at 3/4.... this means that I have to do and hope to get the items in 3 forking weeks!!!!

This kind of attitude works for FREE servers, full of bugs where one cannot pretend anything because free. But here... DAMMIT WE PAY to play the game. DO YOU GET IT? WE PAY! So you have to comply to certain standards or pay back or award free game play time to impacted people. You do not get away with it like this... go do it again, maybe we can help. There is no MAYBE since you GET PAID for it ok?

Lol how much from your money goes to him? 0.00000000000001 euro? Big Rolf :))
ALSO

Show us a post in the NEWS everyone is suposed to read where BLIZZARD states that between 1st and 2nd we can get into such issue. Show us it is our fault not reading that. I am reading News daily and there is no such notice. Would blizzard HAVE WRITTEN IT IN news AND US PLAYERS SO DUMB NOT TO READ THEN IT WOULD BE ONE THING. bUT THERE IS NO SUCH NOTIFICATION . So dear BLIZZ move on and give people quest completion or free game time. Else you state that your customers are worth nothing for you and since you are big blizzard we are just stupid to pay you and trust we buy a good product with a certain SLA.
02/08/2018 09:37Posted by Wispersong

Goes to him who? I'm not talking to the poor forum mod ... trust me this is the tip of the iceberg.

Lol how much from your money goes to him? 0.00000000000001 euro? Big Rolf :))
Forum moderators dont have power over game status, They just do info based on what they get from developers and ingame Game masters.
looks like the forum mods spam these pathetic excuses everywhere. Give a SOLUITION not excuses. We are customers and we pay for a service. At this point no matter what the SLA forces Blizzard to give a solution. excuses are not a solution. So please pass this request to the staff dealing with tech issues of such and we ALL expect a compensation for the lose of OUR PLAY TIME.

To explain it better
play time = paid time
since the tech issue forces us to waste time to redo things we have to be compensated wether with free time in exchange or with quests completion.
But it cannot be solved with some 2 penny excuses like the ones I read- such can be acceptable on pirate free servers not here where we pay.

02/08/2018 09:48Posted by Grimripperr
Forum moderators dont have power over game status, They just do info based on what they get from developers and ingame Game masters.
And Grimripper I know mods are mods and how far a mod or game master powers extend and up to what. The idea is to push the things in front of the devs and not treat it with cheap excuses, the type that can be read on any free pirate warcraft server. It gave me the creeps reading such things and considering that this is a paid access .

SLA stands for service level agreeement
Thank-you for the update, how do we go about attempting to get quest progress restored? I was working my way through the nemesis quests and really don't want to lose what I had.
02/08/2018 08:24Posted by Kiemmaki
Hello everybody,

Kind regards

Thank you for trying! I had a few of the "kill a boss 4 times to skip bosses" from WoD and Legion, would be nice to not have to them over. :D

Also, I believe I had some older quests, will they be restored as well?

Lastly, I have mentally been trying to figure out what went wrong, is it possible to get an explanation, so I don't have to spend anymore time guessing? :D

I know most people wouldn't care why, but back in the day when you explained why increasing the backpack was not easy, I was happy as I had spent A LOT of time wondering why that was the case. Knowledge is power (and happiness)! :D
I used no such portal, I just logged in a moment ago and everything vanished, all quests including items belonging to them have vanished from my bags.

Do not log in with a character you fear of having its progression wiped, in my circumstance I did not use a portal, I was logged into my Paladin order hall.

Old player in regards to content, and I can safely say this has been the worst lead up to an expansion and I saw the portal open during the launch of TBC.
02/08/2018 10:02Posted by Wispersong
And Grimripper I know mods are mods and how far a mod or game master powers extend and up to what. The idea is to push the things in front of the devs and not treat it with cheap excuses, the type that can be read on any free pirate warcraft server. It gave me the creeps reading such things and considering that this is a paid access .

SLA stands for service level agreeement

I know what are you say-Ing, in most of countries it's a motto "the buyer has always right" but that isn't applyed on every services,

A moderator on forum its just for guidance and to give advices, they aren't working all from a blizzard building some might be working from Home. Ingame game masters can do lots of things but every employer have their boss, if a boss says Smith they should do that, for example as off-topic I worked in an store that was selling electronics and sometimes we got ppls who wanted money back and my bosses told me to don't give money back... So what I was supposed to do? Now idk how it's on blizzard they mostly help ingame. They always helped me with every problem I had. And yes we push the tings but we have to push it nicely in a good way cuz we all are humans :) real humans not alliance :)). Gms have their wow account that they play and they can't abuse their gm power to speed up things. I already accepted the wipe ideea but as I said I found a way to get the quest names its a little work but still we can retake them. And with this we can get the quest we had and those that might take more than a week to complete we can make a ticket as a mod said and will be okay.